PDA

View Full Version : NO ratio system

supper
02-22-2008, 12:54 AM
is no ratio system is great and successful experience :

1-decrease the numbers of cheaters as they wont care that much about how to approving thier ratio.

2- give the chance to ppl who dosent have a great connection speed to be members in elite trackers and be able to download what ever they need.

3-or its made alot of ppl careless about buffer and upload as much as they can like before.

what is your opinion is it good or bad and if its good then why the other trackers dont do the same? is the ratio system getting old?:huh:

NOTE : if some one like to say no plz explain why !!

xjosephx
02-22-2008, 01:00 AM
yeah i love it im using a tracker right now that dosent have a ratio system on it

SAM
02-22-2008, 01:01 AM
it's good idea :)

vinhkhang01
02-22-2008, 01:02 AM
I think it's a good idea, but we still have to seed XX hours as required by the tracker rules.

1000possibleclaws
02-22-2008, 01:05 AM
it depends on the tracker. it would work best on 0day trackers. i voted no because you were really specific and for more specialized sites its not realistic to have no ratio system

WarrenBuffet
02-22-2008, 01:06 AM
it depends on the tracker. it would work best on 0day trackers. i voted no because you were really specific and for more specialized sites its not realistic to have no ratio system

what he said

grimms
02-22-2008, 01:43 AM
I think a no ratio system is terrific, I have no real qualms about it. The real incentive for a no ratio system is for good users to share and seed, seed, seed. To give back to the community what you have taken from it (Torrent files).

tweakz
02-22-2008, 01:50 AM
I think it's perfect for people like me, that gets throttled by my loser isp!
So yeah it's a great idea, because i can't seed for crap...lol thanks isp.
And it's also a great idea for people with slow internet!

SenorBubbz
02-22-2008, 02:25 AM
Wonderful idea but there should be a rule where you have to seed a ratio of at least 1.0 on every torrent or seed for 24-48 hours.

PACE
02-22-2008, 02:30 AM
Every site should have a ratio system like TVT(COM), you need credits to download (ex. 1Gcredits=1GB worth of downloads) and the only way to get credits is to seed, they have a 1:1.5 ratio to credits (ex. 1GB uploaded=1.5GCredits).

Tokeman
02-22-2008, 02:40 AM
I think no ratios is a great idea on any tracker with enough active peers on it. For smaller sites it wouldn't work so well I dont think... If I had a tracker, it would be without ratio, seed to 1/1 OR 48 hours without any leechers, not continuous seeding, but total. Also maybe a side rule to allow slower uploaders to get off of well seeded torrents after 48 hours even with leechers and not a 1/1 ratio yet.

supper
02-22-2008, 02:44 AM
Every site should have a ratio system like TVT(COM), you need credits to download (ex. 1Gcredits=1GB worth of downloads) and the only way to get credits is to seed, they have a 1:1.5 ratio to credits (ex. 1GB uploaded=1.5GCredits).well thats

ok but i mean or i wish every tracker just give more attention on for how long u can seed not how much ur speed coz not every one can get seedbox or not every one have fast internet connection and thats the reason who increasing the cheaters and increasing the banned countrys

too:cry: well yea i know removeing the ratio system has some weak points but i think its better then u have 100 cheaters in the trackers and then the staff just ban the whole country and u will not see those ppl who seeding untell death like some one download file 5 GB and upload 50 GB to

make huge buffer u relly dont need it:huh: i think it will give more chance for the most of kind torrenters( torrent is about sharing u know ) thats beside u will be able to download only what u want not to download every single torrent file to have buffer and will increasing the seeding life time also will stop the hit and run as well.

tracker like F*N for example what happend when they removed the ratio system is this made it worse? ppl started to complain ( the ones who have seedbox or the others who dosent ) ? did u see a diffrent in ur download speed?

i just wondering why the other trackers just remove it like F*N or iTS what thier worse nightmare could be !!

mrnobody
02-22-2008, 03:07 AM
love it :)

fOrUmAs
02-22-2008, 06:20 AM
is no ratio system is great and successful experience

yes it was and it is still successful..FTN have become more active then never before as some other sites that have similar system

soulreaper
02-22-2008, 06:28 AM
No ratio system is a beautiful thing especially when it comes to dlding large 10 gb+ packs and torrents with no leeches. Fear of destroying your ratio goes out of the window. Wish KG had such a system,downloading all those rare flicks with no leeches would be far less taxing on my ratio.

C-mos
02-22-2008, 06:49 AM
it's a very good idea:)

znik
02-22-2008, 09:10 AM
The "no ratio system" works pretty well on small, consistent trackers, where the members care about the tracker and are proud of it.

It wouldn't work well I believe on vast pay2leech trackers, where the hit and running (or bandwidth capping) would probably be a serious issue if the ratio was removed.

Most people devote their bandwidth only to their beloved trackers and the ratio is the only incentive to seed on the rest.

Something Else
02-22-2008, 09:12 AM
People cheat anyway. They are retarded. :dabs:

ghurka
02-22-2008, 01:05 PM
There are too many trackers out there that rely on their members getting their ratio in a mess and having to pay for extra gigs. This is their lifeline....they are not going to do away with that.

fatcat69
02-22-2008, 02:17 PM
its like communism...good in theory

It barely works on sites that have it. It allows users to limit their upload bandwidth and just seed for 3 days and then be done seeding

Pro: helps users who actually do have sucky upload speed.

BReal13
02-22-2008, 02:24 PM
another problem would be after the 48h of seeding, users delete the torrent from their HDD , and then the torrent is left without peers...
But if it's a good community and people seed their torrent for weeks after it would be great...
I personally have torrents of 3-4 months old on my HDD , and still seeding them

Tokeman
02-22-2008, 03:09 PM
another problem would be after the 48h of seeding, users delete the torrent from their HDD , and then the torrent is left without peers...
But if it's a good community and people seed their torrent for weeks after it would be great...

Another good reason to consider the side rule I mentioned, only let the 48 hour rule apply to torrents without leechers or that are very well seeded.

supper
02-22-2008, 05:21 PM

Another good reason to consider the side rule I mentioned, only let the 48 hour rule apply to torrents without leechers or that are very well seeded.

thats what is going on in some tracker who has ratio system or not already its up to the quality of members in those trackers thats beside there is request for seeding to some torrent files need a seeders

fazzy07
02-22-2008, 05:54 PM
The no ratio system only works for trackers with good users

So no, not all sites can afford no ratios as they will suffer lack of seeds

I am ok with both as I like to share as much as I can but all trackers should have some free torrents to help people fix ratios instead of pay to leech

dunson
02-22-2008, 07:20 PM
If anything, I think ratio requirements should be raised at most trackers. Sharing is caring.

Cmon
02-22-2008, 11:23 PM
The only good thing for me from no ratio is I can snatch old torrent without worrying about my ratio, but I prefer to see that I can seed until my ratio 1+ on my client

I don't really believe no ratio = more leecher, so I don't really like the idea

PRINCE
02-22-2008, 11:30 PM
i agree about no ratio in trackers :yup:
as supper write

titofat
02-23-2008, 12:13 AM
yes of course i like this idea

Grind$oFine
02-23-2008, 12:24 AM
I think the system is a good idea for the sites that have it.
However, most of the sites that don't have it - shouldn't.
The community needs to be able to handle it.

On a somewhat different note, I think BCG seeding bonus system is the smartest put into effect. No one has to be afraid to download, everyone will seed for a good few days, there's no confusion on whether or not you hit n run. Plus, it's lenient. And I've never has problems with not having seeders, nor problems seeding. It's basically perfect.

stoi
02-23-2008, 12:28 AM
On a somewhat different note, I think BCG seeding bonus system is the smartest put into effect. No one has to be afraid to download, everyone will seed for a good few days, there's no confusion on whether or not you hit n run. Plus, it's lenient. And I've never has problems with not having seeders, nor problems seeding. It's basically perfect.

Thankyou :)

you should say that in our forums, it will make altinertia`s day when he reads it.

his Birthday yesterday and now that lol

Totti
02-23-2008, 12:58 AM
True instead i think you of no ratios just seed hours the more hours you seed the more yo can d/l 1 hour= 100 mb d/l credit and so forth :)