PDA

View Full Version : BT Guru

RealitY
02-22-2008, 07:14 AM
We mentioned something new so here is what weve got so far.
Feel free to post any suggestions for this...

BT Guru

We’ve created a new rank titled BT Guru on the site. This rank will be given to BT staff that are an asset to the community and this site. They have been noticed as active members of this community as well as their own. They are of assistants to the members here and at their sites. It’s doubtful this rank will be given to any of the newer BT staff though it’s possible. There might even be a possibility a member that isn’t BT staff receive this rank.

Those that spend their time on FST to lurk and ban will not receive this rank. If any chosen as BT Gurus have an issue with a member we ask they attempt to sort it politely. We also ask our members to respect these members and their site rules. The knowledge they have and their presence here is part of what makes this section along with countless great members here.

With the recent removal or the Community Rep. rank we’ve thought how we could show gratitude to those that were great to have as such. We also wanted something in place for those that might stand out within the section.

Note than any member is welcome to post in this thread with suggestions who should receive this rank. Though don’t post asking for this rank as it will be a decision for Staff to decide on...

Skiz
02-22-2008, 07:19 AM
Please do not be so vain as to nominate yourself.

Horatiu
02-22-2008, 07:25 AM
Good idea.
The disappearance of the Community Rep has had bad feedback from many people and this is a good way to get things that got out of hand a little more straightened out.
It's like a moral reapairement.
First of all i think stoi should receive the rank.

SgtMajor
02-22-2008, 07:29 AM
For Starters:

DV8Type
DkRe8ive1
TheFox
RvT
Stoi
Vidde
Kingrob
Seppypom

For either their knowledge they bring to the BT world, not just what they produce here but elsewhere too, and they mostly share that with us and not just keep it to themselves, or their ability in to go out of their way to help members here, and not just members of their site who happen to be members here but other members too.

This list is by no means exhaustive, and I may add to it as this thread evolves.

TP635
02-22-2008, 07:45 AM
Stoi Stoi Stoi Stoi

and the SgtMajor.

whiteyes
02-22-2008, 07:47 AM
stoi (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/members/stoi-438/)
rvt (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/members/rvt-177954)
TheFoX (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/members/thefox-151468)
DV8Type (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/members/dv8type-123525)
DkRe8ive1 (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/members/dkre8ive1-123675)
Brandon (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/members/brandon-135568)
Vidde (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/members/vidde-157093)
seppypom (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/members/seppypom-107415)
SgtMajor (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/members/sgtmajor-79679)

i nominate them. all are respectful and bring knowledge to FST. they're always helpful to solve people's problem.

FatBob
02-22-2008, 07:48 AM
RVT and stoi

:)

Artemis
02-22-2008, 09:07 AM
Although he is keeping a low profile atm, I'm surprised no one has mentioned Brandon ? he is another helpful community rep and always answered peoples questions.

fOrUmAs
02-22-2008, 09:18 AM
This is great idea,love it

but also i woudnt give to just every staff member that is here,if he want that rank he should be active here not like others who said im staff member and get that rank and after that they are gone...

people who really deserve this title are

stoi
DV8Type
DkRe8ive1
Polarbear

stitched
02-22-2008, 09:26 AM
i would recomend stoi,Kingrob,ITS,viddie,TheFoX,DV8Type a lot of people deserve this rank i dont know of.....may be the quality of suggestion/recomendation/nomination could be improved if only those who are member here for more then 1 year are allowed to post here or given preference

grimms
02-22-2008, 10:23 AM
DV8Type (The Fight Club Leader)
DkRe8ive1 (Very helpful deserves the rank, even if he feels himself he don't deserve it)
TheFox(Don't know him, but this member is very helpful)
RvT(System, nothing more to say)
Stoi (Definitely deserves the rank hands down!!!)
Sgt Major (Read his username, it explains it all, extremely trustworthy)
KFlint (Great helpful mod, who usually sees out both sides on various issues here)
Brandon (Don't know him personally, but see him being exceptionally helpful)
Sear (I like his views on certain issues)

There are 1 or 2 others who are members and not mods or tracker staff, just can't think of their names at the moment. My brains fried.

kyuuchi
02-22-2008, 11:37 AM
stoi
rvt
DV8Type
DkRe8ive1
TheFox
Brandon

Emperator
02-22-2008, 12:26 PM
DV8
DkRe8ive1
TheFox
RVT

krunktastic
02-22-2008, 12:42 PM
DV8Type
DkRe8ive1
TheFox

There are a lot of people off the top of my head who I could nominate for this title, but from the looks of it you guys are choosing the best of the best. I this case, I don't think it's appropriate to choose tracker staff simply for being tracker staff. There are plenty of fantastic and helpful members out there who are great quality posters and really deserve a title that showcases their willingness to help. The above three, in my opinion, were the most deserving of this title.

zedex
02-22-2008, 12:46 PM
will someone recomend me plz!!!! i heard that gurus have girls all around them all the time and im still a virgin .....LOL

Spanky
02-22-2008, 01:09 PM
Definatetly Stoi, the most down to earth Sysop/Admin of any tracker. This guy just takes everything in his stride, never shows any airs and graces that he is above normal members. He is just an all round helpful member of this community.

Brandon just for being Brandon. Very helpful guy on these forums, and his posts can be quite witty at times.

Vidde, I remember him from Torrentit and thought he was one of the most approachable mods I had ever seen on a BT site. His posts are always a pleasure to read.

mrnobody
02-22-2008, 01:19 PM
Stio
Viddie
All FSC staffer
Brandon
where is pECi nowadays?
Alien5
benchez
kingrob

SCR
02-22-2008, 01:46 PM
I see almost all the names have already been mentioned and i agree with all off them .
I just whant to add to this list : JGG he doesn`t have a great amount of posts in here but he is definitely an asset to this community , i hope you all remember that giveaway he made here (the one were he asked for the ip`s in his PM i didn`t get in but still what a giveaway that was ..)
I also whant to add pECI to the list (he helped me , and has a lot of posts in here (even if he is not present here lately)

KFlint
02-22-2008, 01:56 PM
KFlint (Great helpful mod, who usually sees out both sides on various issues here)

i feel honored to have my name listed in your list but we can only have one title at the time and i will keep my mod hat :happy:

Cabalo
02-22-2008, 02:30 PM
i agree with sgtmajor's list. only good apples there ;)

SAM
02-22-2008, 03:00 PM
The fox
Vidde
Brandon
DV8Type
DkRe8ive1

those are the ones that consider assets to our community and any other community out there.

for good members that helping others :
zenik
Sgtmajor
Sear
Benchez
100%
Bunny67

for mods who deserve this rank:
Skizo
Lynx

supper
02-22-2008, 03:25 PM
vidde

DV8Type

JGG

stoi

elektROnik

rvt

Kingrob

wildbytes

helpful member there is too many just example:

Sgtmajor

The fox

znik

mods
skizo (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../../members/kflint-159072)
KFlint (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../../members/kflint-159072)
Benchez

Adama
02-22-2008, 03:47 PM
i would recomend

DkRe8ive1
Stoi
Vidde
elektROnik

FatBob
02-22-2008, 04:11 PM
Melvinmeow ? he was a great CR too :dabs:

KFlint
02-22-2008, 05:15 PM
Just to make it clear, no need suggest fst mods to get it, this title isn't meant for us but for you guys who are helping this community ;)

bikernin
02-22-2008, 05:27 PM
For Starters:

DV8Type
DkRe8ive1
TheFox
RvT
Stoi
Vidde
Kingrob
Seppypom

For either their knowledge they bring to the BT world, not just what they produce here but elsewhere too, and they mostly share that with us and not just keep it to themselves, or their ability in to go out of their way to help members here, and not just members of their site who happen to be members here but other members too.

This list is by no means exhaustive, and I may add to it as this thread evolves.

all those plus Brandon and SgtMajor ofcourse :D
this community just wouldnt be the same without them

mamacita
02-22-2008, 05:32 PM
I add my vote to the following three...

DV8Type
DkRe8ive1 (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../../members/dkre8ive1-123675)
Stoi

I do think it is a good idea to reward people for their time and effort. It is always great to feel appreciated. Ranks can also have their bad side effects, however, as there will always be those people who whine and complain about why they didn't get the rank and how they should get it because of x,y and z.

So its a fine line to walk on.

Lets just make sure we give the rank to people who truly deserve. There are some people on this forum that like to blow a lot of hot air, if you know what I mean.

SAM
02-22-2008, 05:37 PM
no one mention me :(
Am i this bad?
suckers :D

PirateEagle
02-22-2008, 05:43 PM
DV8Type
DkRe8ive1
TheFox
RvT
Stoi
Vidde
Kingrob
Brandon

and

SAM too ;)

SAM
02-22-2008, 05:45 PM
DV8Type
DkRe8ive1
TheFox
RvT
Stoi
Vidde
Kingrob
Brandon

and

SAM too ;)

that's the spirit ;)

F3n1x
02-22-2008, 07:20 PM
dv8type
alien5
Squizzle
others fsc staff
Stoi
Benchez
Rvt
Kingrob

And something for sgt major he deserve ;)

grimms
02-22-2008, 07:26 PM

i feel honored to have my name listed in your list but we can only have one title at the time and i will keep my mod hat :happy:

I know... I was kinda thinking that, but was half sleeping when I posted. (How would he put two shoes on one left foot? or right? If you prefer that foot). I think being a mod suits you just fine.:happy:

TheFoX
02-22-2008, 07:47 PM
I like this idea... It rewards those who actively contribute to this place in a positive manner, be they torrent staff or just active members.

Some here know of a recent issue when someone was promoted to the CR rank who didn't deserve that rank, and the BT Guru actually rewards a member for their commitment to FST rather than simply being here.

If you look at the list of CRs (now demoted), less than half were active here, then if you look at the regular posters (excluding spam, bumps and trades/giveaways) more than half are helpful.

A good mix of BT staff and non staff would make a Guru rank a representive of the overall FST membership. The only provision being that they are active in a positive way, as RealitY said.

Please do not be so vain as to nominate yourself.

Why not? Vanity has it's place at FST, and is a positive attribute (or so I keep telling myself, while looking in the mirror)...

:lol:

grimms
02-22-2008, 07:53 PM
A good mix of BT staff and non staff would make a Guru rank a representive of the overall FST membership. The only provision being that they are active in a positive way, as RealitY said.

I agree. Both BT Staff and members, should be able to see both sides(Using constructive criticism), to each story, help members out whether their a trader or not. When i say help out? Meaning everyday general issues related to BT, like for example? Seedboxes, or how to properly upload a torrent, and some more complexed issues as well. For BT Staff? Giving members constructive advice on how they operate at their respective trackers, also share some positive advice on how to tread on the right path (Just be a good honest, user who cares about your account, sharing and community).

Polarbear
02-22-2008, 07:58 PM
In Western usage, the meaning of guru has been extended to cover anyone who acquires followers, though not necessarily in an established school of philosophy or religion. In a further Western metaphorical extension, guru is used to refer to a person who has authority because of his or her perceived secular knowledge or skills. Guru's also use empathy in common life.

in my opinion everyone (myself excluded) nominated in this thread so far deserves a special title. nevertheless i met only one real bittorrent guru on fst and that is TheFox.

i learned more from his posts here and on other places than from anyone else.

i'm also pretty sure that some of the nominees here would call him a mentor and a teacher for themselves.

he's done a hell of a job supporting and conducting the bittorrent scene over the past years.

always friendly, always willing to share his expert knowledge.

all others mentioned here are real bittorrent heroes - TheFox is the only guru for me.

p.s. i sometimes strongly disagree when he makes political statments though :P

The Wanderer
02-22-2008, 08:08 PM
Only Stoi. :)

stoi
02-22-2008, 08:19 PM
well i wouldnt say only me, there are a lot more members here that are more deserving of this title than me.

ok ive been a member since 2002, but dont let that fool you, i left before they even had a Bittorrent section, and then they changed their name, so i didnt even know i was a member of here till i tried to register with my name and it was already taken.

Ive only really been active here for the past 6-8 months, and just because im a tracker owner, does not mean I deserve to be singled out for any special treatment, which is why i like the fact, anyone can have this rank, not just tracker staff.

but thanks to everyone for their nominations :)

grimms
02-22-2008, 08:23 PM
Stoi who would you nominate?

kaffeine
02-22-2008, 08:24 PM
IMO, the following deserve to be nominated, both for being active here and helpful:

TheFoX
DV8Type
DkRe8ive1
rvt
stoi
Brandon
ITS
Vidde
Kingrob

Edit: I see many nominating members.. I thought this rank would be for staffers only, but if members can be nominated, I'd say:
znik
sear
Polarbear

:)

Artemis
02-22-2008, 08:26 PM
I also agree with thefox's post, if this were a rank that denotes those members both staff and regular members it would be a more representative cross section of the BT community.
In both the case of staff and members they should be members that stand out for their commitment to this site, and willingness to help others, so to those nominating think carefully of the contribution of the member.
This suggestion too, would show the commitment to this forum, and denote those members who are helpful for new users.
My list:
Staff
TheFox
Brandon
rvt
DV8Type
Stoi
Vidde

Members
Sgt Major
Benchez
Znik

SenorBubbz
02-22-2008, 08:31 PM
stoi definitely

stoi
02-22-2008, 08:34 PM
why do i get asked that and The Fox doesnt lol

I hate singlng anyone out, because i know i will piss someone off that i havnt mentioned. (trying to tread carefully here lol).

obviously all the CR that done a good job in the past, those that got offered CR but refused it because of the invite trading rule as well.

Members that know a lot about torrents in general, and dont get shirty too often in threads, even the best of us bite on occasion.

Post count means nothing, i personally think post count should not count in the invite threads, this will stop members saying GL and +1 and crap like that.

Spammers should even be considered, if some of their posts are deserving of the rank.

I am sure most members have a chequered history on here, some have probably reformed, but they can always swing back the other way as well.

I am sure the mods already have a fair idea who they are going to pick.

and damn, is that the longest sitting on the fence post you have ever read lol

grimms
02-22-2008, 08:39 PM
Sorry stoi. I hear ya...(just value your opinion, but also don't want you to tread in unsafe waters). It hurts to get left out.:pinch::happy:

fazzy07
02-22-2008, 08:47 PM
Brandon from FTN
FSC staff
Stoi

Members:
SGTMajor
SAM
Polarbear

Brandon
02-22-2008, 08:49 PM
So let me get this straight. A few bad CR's get promoted (by you i might add, staff) and you decide to remove CR alltogether and screw over the loyal staff members who spent countless hours here making YOUR site better by making it the known place to go for all community help.. and to make things better you're just going to give us a flashy new title and make us just forget the fact that you're now essentially screwing over the loyal staff members? What makes you any better than the disloyal CR's?

Take a look at my post count, my BT rep, and feel free to even read the hundreds of pm's I get. So much for loyalty on your part huh.
You can put a pretty frame on the picture, but it's still going to be the same ugly picture.
Feel free to disable my privileges here, do w/e u want to me. You already lost every ounce of respect I had for you, giving me letters above my name on a website will never make up for the respect you once had. And for those of you on staff that I kindly gave an account to on my site, I won't even retaliate for your disrespect. I just hope some day you learn how to run your site better in a manner as to which you realize the importance of taking care of the members who have stood by your side.

Skiz
02-22-2008, 08:55 PM
So let me get this straight. A few bad CR's get promoted (by you i might add, staff) and you decide to remove CR alltogether and screw over the loyal staff members who spent countless hours here making YOUR site better by making it the known place to go for all community help.. and to make things better you're just going to give us a flashy new title and make us just forget the fact that you're now essentially screwing over the loyal staff members? What makes you any better than the disloyal CR's?

Take a look at my post count, my BT rep, and feel free to even read the hundreds of pm's I get. So much for loyalty on your part huh.
You can put a pretty frame on the picture, but it's still going to be the same ugly picture.

All this was explained via MSN, but you come here in an attempt to trash us?

The fook? :dabs:

Brandon
02-22-2008, 09:02 PM
All this was explained via MSN, but you come here in an attempt to trash us?

The fook? :dabs:

Only thing you explained was:
A: you have no sense of respect
B: you don't know what friendship is
C: you don't even know what loyalty is yourself

I mean no personal disrespect to you. I still think you're a good guy skizo, which is why I have no intention to go disable your FTN acct in spite of you. I just think you need a bit of learning in the above points. I'm only expressing my anger and feelings on the situation. Is that no longer allowed also?

seppypom
02-22-2008, 09:10 PM
Brandon, don't get your self all worked up over it. In the Grand Scheme of things, whats the difference really?

Brandon
02-22-2008, 09:18 PM
Brandon, don't get your self all worked up over it. In the Grand Scheme of things, whats the difference really?

I helped staff members here on things that I only do for those I trust. I don't doubt there were others who did the same. Just as FST feels they got burned regarding bad CR's, those of us who trusted FST are now also getting burned.

Let me lay it out for you. Now instead of putting time into helping users here, I have to take that time and now put it into punishing users here. FST is now just a playground with no rules. If you know me personally, you know how much I value respect, and you know how hard it is to earn my respect. With that, I don't appreciate not only myself, but the other sites and people I respect also getting burned in the process. In the grand scheme of things, it's just like it used to be. I'll come here and have to punish every single user who breaks our rules rather than FST simply saying "no".

seppypom
02-22-2008, 09:23 PM
I helped staff members here on things that I only do for those I trust. I don't doubt there were others who did the same. Just as FST feels they got burned regarding bad CR's, those of us who trusted FST are now also getting burned.

Let me lay it out for you. Now instead of putting time into helping users here, I have to take that time and now put it into punishing users here. FST is now just a playground with no rules. If you know me personally, you know how much I value respect, and you know how hard it is to earn my respect. With that, I don't appreciate not only myself, but the other sites and people I respect also getting burned in the process. In the grand scheme of things, it's just like it used to be. I'll come here and have to punish every single user who breaks our rules rather than FST simply saying "no".

Ok, point taken!

Brandon
02-22-2008, 09:26 PM
Actually I can sum that up even better and into one sentence.

FST just took away the middle ground.

mrnobody
02-22-2008, 09:26 PM
What would really make this rank any differant that the CR anyways?

there were rules that came with CR title.

ex: if there is a CR for XYZ site than FSTer are not supposed to trade XYZ account. Also, if there is CR for XYZ site, FSTer can trade their invites and CR were not supposed to ban 'em. :rolleyes:

I don't think there will be any such rule with this 'guru' title.

TheFoX
02-22-2008, 09:38 PM
Unfortunately, life is always full of disappointment, especially when we experiment. FST is no different, in that the administration wish to change how something works.

Sometimes when we grow, we get pains (growing pains), which is a by-product of evolution. FST is evolving, as was TPG, and many other communities. Sometimes we do things wrong, for the right reasons, or right, for the wrong reasons.

A forum is like a baby, growing into adulthood. As time progresses, so existing ideas become untenable, while new ideas spring up to replace them.

As with all things new, some will embrace them, and some won't. Our feelings towards how we perceive a change is what makes us unique.

I don't think Brandon is overreacting, because that is how he feels about the scenario, whereas others think differently. I respect Brandon for his stance on the matter, irrespective of how I feel.

I think that Brandon deserves respect for standing by his ideals, regardless of how others, including FST staff, feel. Tolerance of each other is the very basic building block of diplmacy. 'I may not agree with you, but I respect your right to your own beliefs'.

Alco23
02-22-2008, 09:45 PM
I nominate SHUVT (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/members/shuvt-138763) *pokemon voice*

Brandon
02-22-2008, 09:51 PM
Unfortunately, life is always full of disappointment, especially when we experiment. FST is no different, in that the administration wish to change how something works.

Sometimes when we grow, we get pains (growing pains), which is a by-product of evolution. FST is evolving, as was TPG, and many other communities. Sometimes we do things wrong, for the right reasons, or right, for the wrong reasons.

A forum is like a baby, growing into adulthood. As time progresses, so existing ideas become untenable, while new ideas spring up to replace them.

As with all things new, some will embrace them, and some won't. Our feelings towards how we perceive a change is what makes us unique.

I don't think Brandon is overreacting, because that is how he feels about the scenario, whereas others think differently. I respect Brandon for his stance on the matter, irrespective of how I feel.

I think that Brandon deserves respect for standing by his ideals, regardless of how others, including FST staff, feel. Tolerance of each other is the very basic building block of diplmacy. 'I may not agree with you, but I respect your right to your own beliefs'.

I agree with you and I'm all for evolution and change. But I think that change should be evolution, meaning if it's broke FIX it, make it better and evolve it to work the way it should, don't just abandon it.

RealitY
02-22-2008, 09:53 PM
There isnt much difference really. Truly think with the new layout it will be much better. Think most have agreed on that. Have gone over how I feel about this with you through pm message and if you choose not to take any of my points and simply believe your initial reaction then so be it. Have also asked that you bare with the change. If ties we have are that good you wouldnt walk that fast would you...

Brandon
02-22-2008, 10:03 PM
There isnt much difference really. Truly think with the new layout it will be much better. Think most have agreed on that. Have gone over how I feel about this with you through pm message and if you choose not to take any of my points and simply believe your initial reaction then so be it. Have also asked that you bare with the change. If ties we have are that good you wouldnt walk that fast would you...

You already walked though. As I said to you in pm, the correct way to go about this would have been to have waited till you have come up with a new plan before destroying the old one.

I believe what I see, and what I see as of now is what I've already said. If you wan't to change my reaction please do, but it'll only chance when I see change on your part.

RealitY
02-22-2008, 10:16 PM
Well I disagree with you then so be it. Weve already gone over this in detail through pm message also. The CR thing had to go and no suprise we werent going to please all. If you have anything to say you know my MSN and are welcome to contact me about it...

Brandon
02-22-2008, 10:19 PM
removed.

Defy
02-22-2008, 10:23 PM
What a good idea. :)

For starters I'd definitely nominate;
- Stoi
- DV8Type

briand5379
02-22-2008, 10:24 PM
Is there truly a difference between removing bad community reps and leaving the good ones in place and abolishing the title in addition with the rules that came with it coming up with some completely different name then adding people back to the list. It just seems like a lot of wasted time effort and drama over nothing.

WarrenBuffet
02-22-2008, 11:06 PM
For Starters:

DV8Type
DkRe8ive1
TheFox
RvT
Stoi
Vidde
Kingrob
Seppypom

He's right about this one

Brandon
02-22-2008, 11:13 PM
Is there truly a difference between removing bad community reps and leaving the good ones in place and abolishing the title in addition with the rules that came with it coming up with some completely different name then adding people back to the list. It just seems like a lot of wasted time effort and drama over nothing.

I'm so glad at least one person understands.

krunktastic
02-22-2008, 11:33 PM

I'm so glad at least one person understands.

There's two sides to this, obviously. The mods want to retain quality members with a significance to their title to denote importance and give them a sort of "higher plane", while others believe the whole system shouldn't be redone as this would be entirely unnecessary and meaningless.

I do agree that there are a slew of useless community reps. However, community rep status isn't what distinguished these members; their knowledge and insight about technology and primarily trackers helped guide new members in the right direction. There were several community reps who didn't give a damn about other members and were exploiting their status for personal gain.

But you have to understand that there are some of us who really believe in contributing quality posts. Some of us have no need to advance up the "tracker level ladder". You have the 80-or-so-odd percentage of people who are here to trade or give away invites, but some of us are here to help. Some members truly communicate with other members without scathing comments or trying to usurp another member's position.

I can see where Brandon is coming from, and I partially agree. For the mods to do this would be unnecessary and is an insult to the people who had their status revoked (excluding myself) in favor of the new, more "elite status".

I do agree in the concept of distinguishing quality posters. Certain members need to be recognized for their contributions. I hope the mods understand where the members are coming from and attempt to construct an idea that pleases (at least most) everyone.

grimms
02-22-2008, 11:51 PM
I have to agree with you on most points(I didn't completely see it that way). Whether the community reps stayed as is or now apparently the switch. This is obviously an issue shrouded in a "Grey Area" Like Reality mentioned, not everyone will be happy with the new decision(Some will , some won't).

If I was on Brandons status or "Level" I can see his point as well. He's been here for awhile, like alot of the other good community reps, and feel as though the community rep system had no reason to be hindered due to some bad community rep apples. I guess both issues at hand are not right or wrong, but in the end.

The Fst staff make the final decisions (Even if we don't all like or agree on them). I think in the end? this will work for the better good(Lets have high hopes people). We just all have to give it time and wait it out (I think this could really take off, in the right direction). Brandon, Krunktasic, or anybody else feel free to chime in, and correct or clarify some more, regarding this issue.

pro267
02-22-2008, 11:51 PM
I would really like to see these guys get the recognition they deserve for contributing to FST and the BT community:

Staffers:
TheFox
RvT
DV8Type
DkRe8ive1
Stoi
Brandon
Seppypom
Vidde

Members:
Benchez
Sear
SgtMajor
PolarBear
Znik

I'm sure I forgot a few but at my current semi-drunken state those are the ones that popped into my head.

Edit: post #666.. :devil:
:P

jonny81985
02-23-2008, 12:00 AM
I am not a member at F*N but I do frequent these forums very often. I can definetely see where Brandon is coming from, every post I have seen of his has always been in the spirit of helping. Not once have I seen him try and take advantage of his status here. If i remember correctly I think he even did a giveaway which encourage peopled to be creative and thoughtful. I can also say the same for the Fsc community reps.

I just dont think that a few bad apples should have ruined it for the the truly good ones. That's the same mentality that causes huge problems in this world. Either way a decision was made and we now have no choice but to live with it.

I have never talked to or met brandon but from what i can tell he is pretty upset about this. I honestly think that the mods here should swollow their pride and atleast try to see it from his shoes. It would be a shame to lose such a valuable CR and community member here.

Let me put it this way, If all the CR's had the same presence here as Brandon and the Fsc guys we never would have had a problem to begin with right? So why did we take away their status just to get to a couple of bad apples?

Jon

phrenzy
02-23-2008, 12:02 AM

That would make TOO much sense.....

stoi
02-23-2008, 12:05 AM
Whats done is done, write or wrong its done and dusted, we cant turn back the clock now.

I was only a CR for a few days, so this change doesnt bother me at all, but i can see that if you were a CR (and a bloody good one) for awhile, it could be seen as a kick in the teeth.

all i can say is, lets see what the future holds.

Grind$oFine
02-23-2008, 12:05 AM
I think the most obvious people worthy have been stated.
The main ones, IMO being Stoi, DV8Type, DkRe8ive1, and TheFox.

I'd like to add elektROnik (I think there has been another mention) and Fiamma.
In my experience, although they don't have a lot of posts here, they've been really helpful, and they're certainly active enough on their own sites.

But I suppose it depends on how loosely "active at FST" is defined.

Anyway, props to trying to make something work, I was sad to see CR go with all the problems it had. Good luck with the new system.

grimms
02-23-2008, 12:09 AM
I forgot about Fiamma (She is a very strict but great mod, dedicated to helping others). Also I forgot about Polarbear(He seems to be extremely sensible). Reality I think you got a good 5-10 names, including 2-3 non bt staff members that must be BT Guru's(I mean't extremely deserving of the bt guru mark).

znik
02-23-2008, 12:37 AM
There are so many remarkable and wise members I have met and admired all these years that would be impossible to recall them all.

Just to name a few Com Reps:
TheFox, DV8Type, Vidde, Brandon, RvT, DkRe8ive1,Stoi, Seppypom

and of course, devoted and knowledgeable members such as:
Sear, Corey, sense, kallieb, Moonspell13, Shuvt, krunktastic, pro267, benchez, Bunny67, Polarbear, SAM,kaffeine, Artemis, phrenzy, Alco23,pro267,Blue_Skies, DefX, Dr. Lecter, ghurka, Kirstein, popopot, ,WHRST, sylar666, Artemis, brotherdoobie, grimms and many others.

I believe though that wise members don't need a BT rank such as "guru" to be spotted. That's pretty easy I think.
Maybe just a little sign beside their username to denote their devotion to FST.

Com reps should, however, have kept their special title, since a lot of members may need their special help and should be easy for everyone to distinguish them (if that's what they want too of course.)

Brandon
02-23-2008, 12:39 AM
Let me clarify something that I think is being misunderstood.
I don't care about the status. I never cared about having "community rep" above my name.. I've been in my position long enough that status means nothing to me. I'm fine being a normal user here that's not what upsets me.

Long ago I used to disable every single user here who so as hinted at trading an invite, or an account. And I was very good at it. FST made a deal with me in the terms that I would allow invite trading at the cost of them dis-allowing account trading. I bit my lip and took the lesser of two evils. We both benefitted and everyone was happy. Myself, FST staff, and the users.

Now, things are back to the old system where it's a free for all and I'm going to once again be on a rampage of disabling every single user I see so as mention FTN. Part of the reason I agreed to allow invite trading here was because it took a load off my shoulders and gave me more time to put towards being an active member here in a more positive way rather than "The Big Bad Brandon".

What FST has now done, in my case as well as others, is open up the flood gates to a world of hurt. They've turned their backs on us (those of us who followed the agreement) and in turn broke the middle ground we once had established. So now FST is happy, but myself, and the users I'm going to be disabling will no longer be happy. That to me seems like more people will be unhappy than the old system, so we're sort of going backwards in terms of productivity here.

I'm pissed off because A: they broke the truce. and B: now I have devote all my time to disabling users rather than being an active member here.

For anyone who's reading this and wants my help, don't bother. I won't even waste my time reading my pm's anymore. I just don't have the time. I'm sorry, but I no longer have the option to help this community or its users.

SpiderPig
02-23-2008, 12:43 AM
I nominate SHUVT (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/members/shuvt-138763) *pokemon voice*

I second this, but not with a gay pokeman voice

jonny81985
02-23-2008, 12:46 AM
I don't care about the status. I never cared about having "community rep" above my name.. I've been in my position long enough that status means nothing to me. I'm fine being a normal user here that's not what upsets me.

Long ago I used to disable every single user here who so as hinted at trading an invite, or an account. And I was very good at it. FST made a deal with me in the terms that I would allow invite trading at the cost of them dis-allowing account trading. I bit my lip and took the lesser of two evils. We both benefitted and everyone was happy. Myself, FST staff, and the users.

Now, things are back to the old system where it's a free for all and I'm going to once again be on a rampage of disabling every single user I see so as mention FTN. Part of the reason I agreed to allow invite trading here was because it took a load off my shoulders and gave me more time to put towards being an active member here in a more positive way rather than "The Big Bad Brandon".

What FST has now done, in my case as well as others, is open up the flood gates to a world of hurt. They've turned their backs on us (those of us who followed the agreement) and in turn broke the middle ground we once had established. So now FST is happy, but myself, and the users I'm going to be disabling will no longer be happy. That to me seems like more people will be unhappy than the old system, so we're sort of going backwards in terms of productivity here.

I'm pissed off because A: they broke the truce. and B: now I have devote all my time to disabling users rather than being an active member here.

For anyone who's reading this and wants my help, don't bother. I won't even waste my time reading my pm's anymore. I just don't have the time. I'm sorry, but I no longer have the option to help this community or its users.

I guess it just boils down to the whole respect thing you were talking about before. When the staff here approached the CR's an agreement had to be made and in order to do that both parties had to agree. I am not sure but it seems like when CR was taken away, the tracker owners and represantatives had no say in the change in rule; not even the good active ones.

Are these assumptions correct?

If they are I can see why one would be extremely irritated about that. I mean just because there is no CR status that doesn't mean respect for trackers just goes out the window. So why are we allowing account trading here now?

If the tracker owners and represantatives allowed invite trading in order to better help the community here with there time I think the least we can do is honor the original agreement, CR or no CR.

Just my two cents

Jon

kingrob
02-23-2008, 12:51 AM

i could not agree with you more
i would love to be able to help members here but now the deal i made with fst has been broke i am now back to catching all traders ect again this is going to take most of my time due to this i have disabled my pm box and any user needing help will now need to go though my sites support system
fst turning there back on ppl who did not break the deal's offered is a big step back :(

mamacita
02-23-2008, 12:52 AM
I feel for Brandon as well. I can't imagine what it would be like to finally get a chance to focus on being simply a good member of a forum, only to have your old heavy duties thrown back on you.

Heres to a hopeful future for you, Brandon!

znik
02-23-2008, 12:54 AM
I believe that account trading should be totally prohibited in here, whether there was an agreement with some trackers or not.

It only spoils the reputation of FST.

mrnobody
02-23-2008, 12:59 AM
I believe that account trading should be totally prohibited in here, whether there was an agreement with some trackers or not.

agree :P

TheFoX
02-23-2008, 01:03 AM

One thing I have discovered is that if you show respect, you tend to get respect.

How does this work?

Well, at FSC we encourage our member to be our eyes and ears. After all, staff are not everywhere. Since many of our members are also members here, that attitude is reflected very much within the invite forums.

I am amazed at how many account request threads are drowned out by pro-FSC members. These people are proud to be members, and work along side staff in an attempt to ensure that account trades are minimised.

I believe it boils down to one simple fact. If people value their membership, they will fight to preserve that membership, and people value their membership when they are more than just a user ID.

Nemrod
02-23-2008, 01:08 AM
TheFox
Brandon
RvT
Stoi
DV8Type
DkRe8ive1
Vidde
SgtMajor
PolarBear
Th0r

kooftspc11
02-23-2008, 01:12 AM
sgtmajor and stoi

kingrobs spelling is terrible

SgtMajor
02-23-2008, 01:20 AM

Remember this:

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-43/t-ranking-system-235276

Change can happen, we just have to keep the momentum up.

We here have to look after all aspects of the BT community, and that means working in tandem with everybody, staff here, BT staff and the members of here & trackers everywhere.

FST should be the voice of FileSharing, and if sometimes that means swallowing a bitter pill sometimes, then so be it, we cannot please 100% of the people 100% of the time. FST should be setting the standards that others will follow, and that means finding a middle ground so that we are all happy, not just a few.

sear
02-23-2008, 02:07 AM

I couldn't agree more. IMO this whole thing has been a big mistake at least for a while with the com reps there were quite a lot of accounts that couldn't be traded now it's back to the wild west. I don't really know how to express how I feel about this (which is unusual for me :p) but it's definitely a huge step in the wrong direction. With this new rank, will it mean that accounts for sites that have "BT Gurus" are not allowed to be traded? Or is it just a title?

EDIT:

to those people that nominated me, thanks i'm humbled but I don't really see that I deserve it. Personally I have have no need or desire for a special title just for being the sort of member that I would like to encounter. Besides I've had too many arguments with people here and tbh I can be a bit hostile :P

Sawyer2020
02-23-2008, 02:26 AM
KFlint
Vidde
dv8type

maybe I will add more when I remind
all my respect to all I didn't mention them

Brandon
02-23-2008, 02:30 AM
I guess it just boils down to the whole respect thing you were talking about before. When the staff here approached the CR's an agreement had to be made and in order to do that both parties had to agree. I am not sure but it seems like when CR was taken away, the tracker owners and represantatives had no say in the change in rule; not even the good active ones.

Are these assumptions correct?

If they are I can see why one would be extremely irritated about that. I mean just because there is no CR status that doesn't mean respect for trackers just goes out the window. So why are we allowing account trading here now?

If the tracker owners and represantatives allowed invite trading in order to better help the community here with there time I think the least we can do is honor the original agreement, CR or no CR.

Just my two cents

Jon

You nailed it! :) We had absolutely no say in this situation, which I find odd considering this was a deal between two different parties yet the other decided to just destroy the contract with no prior contact with the other party.

i could not agree with you more
i would love to be able to help members here but now the deal i made with fst has been broke i am now back to catching all traders ect again this is going to take most of my time due to this i have disabled my pm box and any user needing help will now need to go though my sites support system
fst turning there back on ppl who did not break the deal's offered is a big step back :(

Not a bad idea, I had forgotten there was an option to disable pm's :) I was just going to let my inbox fill up but I guess I can save time and just disable it. Sucks.

I feel for Brandon as well. I can't imagine what it would be like to finally get a chance to focus on being simply a good member of a forum, only to have your old heavy duties thrown back on you.

Heres to a hopeful future for you, Brandon!

Thanks man I appreciate that.

Artemis
02-23-2008, 02:32 AM
I for one am glad we are finally seeing a reaction from the tracker staff over the revokation of the CR agreements, and to those that have spoken out against the removal of the system it truly is a shame, and as I sadly predicted it would mean that tracker staff would have a huge workload trying to track the a/c trades that so weaken the idea of a private invite only community.
If this means in the case of those like Brandon who have spoken out not getting their shiny new btguru stars so be it , I dont think they will miss them.
If this rank truly is to mean anything then the persons who become btguru's should not be hobbled by rules since FST changes those rules as it sees fit anyway.
I also truly understand staff saying that they will not have time now to help users with queries on this site but then 90% of those queries were zomg my a/c has been stolen after an a/c trade went tits up, so it's no real loss in that respect.
I do however hope that the new BTguru class will help members and show them that there is another way that there is a reason why a/c trading is against the rules of most trackers and that if you want to be a member of the tracker you have to respect its rules.

Night0wl
02-23-2008, 03:09 AM
Start by giving the good com-reps the title and maybe top it off by banning all account trading and account giveaway unless approved by tracker staff. That would be a step in the right direction.

Oh and I vote for SHUVT as well

pone44
02-23-2008, 03:15 AM
All staff here i believe are good people. Have not got to know many member's but i can say there are great people here!

SAM
02-23-2008, 03:50 AM
I know how you feel Brandon and i guess some how you have the right to feel so.
buT i guess the best thing about this new rank that members here is given the right to nominate what they think is the best members here in this community.
I guess that you will agree with me that getting a title from FST MEMBERS means a lot more than getting a better title or rank from the FST staff.
away from all these invites nonsense and getting into trackers rush.we as members in FST hold some people here dear to our heart and always appreciate their contributions to this forum and there is no doubt that you are one of them.
like it or not.I may disagree with you sometimes but i like you and treasure your help and contribution.

pro267
02-23-2008, 03:53 AM
After going through some of the BT staffers' posts in this thread, it is quite clear that a few of them got offended by the breaching of the agreement they've upheld on their parts. Unfortunately, they're the ones that will suffer the most from the change in the situation and not through any fault of theirs, and frankly I sympathize with what they've said here, but also understand how the previous situation could've gotten unbearable for FST staff.

Even though the situation seems to be quite negative and emotions are high, I do see a small positive side in the situation in that now that the situation had changed significantly, people may be finally realizing how the previous situation, as problematic as it was, was still way better than the chaos that would've ensued had it not been for those CR agreements. Perhaps even some of the ex-CRs which have not kept their parts of the bargain now realize the consequences of their actions and are willing to take a different path now that the dreaded alternative is clear.

I think that it would be best for everyone to take a deep breath and re-evaluate their positions. I believe it is not too late to reverse the situation.

grimms
02-23-2008, 04:04 AM

Reality, Skizo, KFlint, or whoever else who makes the decisions on here. I know I don't have any real say or influence, but i think what should be done to make the good mods like "Brandon" and others happy(Which is very justified), is maybe considering to eliminate Account trading and the BT reputation system all together.

Maybe specify in the rules that invite trading and giveaway's could still be allowed, but only to trackers that will tolerate them. Also i think you should create a sticky in the BT invite section of a list of sites which allow or disallow account/invite trading and giveaway and add them to the list, only if admins, mods, and sysops themselves sign up to fst and tell "Reality" I either will allow members to trade and do giveaways or not on are tracker. Edit the sticky as tracker rules change, and also do a nice list breaking sites up in their own categories. Like a brokenstones, Ftn, Fsc, Revtt for example. It will save the fst and tracker staff all the endless trouble in the long run. Also all BT staff should have the title of their site name under their avatar to identify themselves (I think this should be automatcially set-up or done by fst staff).

Also maybe impose serious infraction on all members that don't read and follow the rules. Honestly? I would even go as far as making it mandatory for all new members to have to read complete fst site rules, before having access to the bt invite section, not just the 30 days.

If you do decide to roll a system like needing to read site rules? Roll it out for everyone, even me, even Tracker staff at the time, so we can all refresh are memories as well as the new blood getting familiar with FST rules for the first time. I think this should be deeply considered. Maybe talk to Tracker staff about this in private. Brandon i would like to personally hear your thoughts, Reality yours, and anyone else. Maybe i have it all wrong?

edit: imagine a sticky called "Trackers who allow or don't allow account/invite trading and giveaway's. Then putting every tracker in the sticky as tracker staff, submit their rules to skizo or reality, but the requirement is staff from the tracker have to sign up to fst and also somehow prove their really staff or the owners. I think in the long run this would work, you may lose some members in the end, but it would work.

edit 2: It won't circumvent trading/ giveaway's through pm, but also it shouldn't be anyones responsibility but the users own, for doing anything through pm (This means they can't complain to anybody if they trade secretly through pm cause now they know the real revised rules and have nobody to Fault but themselves, if anything goes awry).

edit: Make two stickies one called trackers who allow invite/account trading and giveaway's and another sticky called trackers who don't allow invite/account trading and giveaway's. It may actually make it easier with even less confusion. Maybe this new system should be tested and worked out for awhile to see if it makes a real difference, and if it does? It should be permananely implemented.

SAM
02-23-2008, 04:14 AM
Maybe specify in the rules that invite trading and giveaway's could still be allowed, but only to trackers that will tolerate them. Also i think you should create a sticky in the bt invite section of a list of sites which allow or disallow account/invite trading and giveaway and add them to the list only if admins, mods, and sysops themselves sign up to fst and tell "Reality" I either will allow members to trade and do giveaways or not.

I guess we can't be hypocrites.Either we stop trading accounts all together or to allow it.
I mean what's the differance between a tracker and other ones.we should respect all of them equally.And all of them are against trading accounts.
I'm always against giving some trackers a privilege over other ones.we need to be fair.
Though i treasure FSC,FTN,NB and many others but still we should treat all trackers the same way.

grimms
02-23-2008, 04:29 AM
Maybe specify in the rules that invite trading and giveaway's could still be allowed, but only to trackers that will tolerate them. Also i think you should create a sticky in the bt invite section of a list of sites which allow or disallow account/invite trading and giveaway and add them to the list only if admins, mods, and sysops themselves sign up to fst and tell "Reality" I either will allow members to trade and do giveaways or not.I guess we can't be hypocrites.Either we stop trading accounts all together or to allow it.
I mean what's the differance between a tracker and other ones.we should respect all of them equally.And all of them are against trading accounts.
I'm always against giving some trackers a privilege over other ones.we need to be fair.
Though i treasure FSC,FTN,NB and many others but still we should treat all trackers the same way.

I personally hate account trading but to make it fair i think it should be according to what the specific trackers wants. I heard there are a couple of bt trackers who actually encourage account trading, so if thats the case, then let members trade on those sites(I disagree with it, but i think it's only fair to all). If 99 sites disagree and only 1 site agrees on trading then let that 1 site be the only one that is allowed to be traded. Then traders can't complain or anti-traders like myself. I mean somehow, everyone needs to come to a universal agreement here.

kaffeine
02-23-2008, 04:33 AM
[...]With this new rank, will it mean that accounts for sites that have "BT Gurus" are not allowed to be traded? Or is it just a title?

I guess I just assumed account trading would be disallowed for those trackers that received this title... just like before. I don't really see the point of it just being a title.. it should also come with some benefits both for FST and for staffers.

It's really bad to see the gap between trackers and FST grow, but I can understand trackers' staff for it. It's sad to see, for example, Brandon's change of attitude from a very friendly and helpful guy to a seeker and destroyer, but it's an understandable reaction...

It's in our best of interests that FST works together with staffers, not against them (and that includes of course all us members, not just staff) to make our BT community a better and safer one. Of course I have no idea of what's going on behind the scenes, this is just my opinion from what I've been reading here... I hope in the end, a balance can be found.

SpiderPig
02-23-2008, 04:33 AM

Sup Z? How you been, my medical compadre?

grimms
02-23-2008, 04:42 AM
Besides I've had too many arguments with people here and tbh I can be a bit hostile :P

Couldn't agree more. I respect that.:P

supper
02-23-2008, 04:47 AM
ok just one question i am still a noob ok what the diffrent if some one will trade invites or tradeing accounts ( its all call trade ):huh: and why the staffer still keep asking to be part of BT Guru if they relly dont like the trade at all ( accounts and invites ) i think they shouldnt accept this BT Guru if they relly mean what they saying and what they belive about the trade

one more thing there is members who will become BT Guru but some of those members are extremely anti traders so how they will deal with invite section and traders and the all trades will be going there

other thing in my opinion all the tracker staff should be in BT Guru i dont know what is BT Guru about yet but all i am sure about is they will get a pink stars so if fst will give all of them the pink stars then every body will be happy ( atleast to recognize them better ) and we wont see all this drama around and and if any one of them wanna make some agreement with fst then its ok also its up to them..

we shouldnt make staffer above onther staffer thats will increasing the fst heaters also:w00t:

@ brandon :what kind of CR u talking about if u threat this community by ban ass every single member here have account at F*N what the fst member did to get such a punishment if u say u relly helped alot of members here then u will find the help in return from the member u helped them already and alot of them will vote for u to get ur stars and ur agreement back this threat with for real childish i know and i saw u gived a hand help here to many but by what u just posted ur relly lost alot of supporter and alot of respact u will find alot of posts agree with what u just said but most of them not coz they agree but coz they are affried... one more thing fst helped ur tracker as u helped fst members i belive to get memebers have some knowladge about BT from fst better then get scammers and cheater from realpoor .

i relly wish things could be more clear here then now

1-do we have to trade accounts and invites or we should kiss asses and begging for every staffer and members to get invites

2-we will keep the invite section or we just turn the forum to req section

3-stars for all or stars for non

4-the extremely antitraders members who will be BT Guru will have the ability to see the traders ips or not?

the direct way is always shorter

oh i apologize about my english thats all i have got.:(

sear
02-23-2008, 05:26 AM
Besides I've had too many arguments with people here and tbh I can be a bit hostile :P

Couldn't agree more. I respect that.:P

:lol: well I like to be upfront and I'm not going to bullshit or hold back my opinion.

On topic, I really think that the allowing of account trading for all trackers again is terrible. I hope that staff can see how much people don't want it. Sure you have to cater to the traders as well and I can understand that even if I disagree. However isn't letting them trade invites going far enough? Removing protections for trackers is just going to further alienate FST it's staff and members from the wider tracker community.

FST has a bad rep, lets face it. I for one would like to see some sort of middle ground where members don't have to sign up with a different nick just to protect themselves. I personally am on good terms with the staff at the trackers I frequent and have no fear of my accounts being disabled. However it's common practice for members to use a different nick here out of fear of being banned even if they've done no trades at all. Is that the kind of place people want this to be? I hope not. This move to allow a free for all on all trades truly saddens me.

Whether staff agree with Brandon or not, there's no arguing he's done a lot for the members here. He's given out invites, helped people that needed help and generally had a good laugh with us. It's too bad that it's come to this. I hope you guys (staff) can see where he's coming from and also sense that many long time members here support him wholeheartedly. Please ban account trading. If you can't do that at least come to some kind of agreement with staffers that are willing to hold up their end of the bargain, I think this is the only way forward on this issue.

Anyway I'm done ranting but truly whether it's apparent or not I and a lot of other members and the wider BT community feel very strongly about this.

ok just one question i am still a noob ok what the diffrent if some one will trade invites or tradeing accounts ( its all call trade ):huh: and why the staffer still keep asking to be part of BT Guru if they relly dont like the trade at all ( accounts and invites ) i think they shouldnt accept this BT Guru if they relly mean what they saying and what they belive about the trade

well imo they're both fucked. But when you trade an account you are stealing someone else's identity on the tracker which opens up a whole can of worms. Also it encourages cheating to buffer accounts for a better trade. When you trade an account you are completely severing your ties with that account, therefor you don't care as much who your trading with. If you trade an invite you're responsible for who you invite and hopefully will take a little care with their past and what kind of member they'll become. There's more reasons that have been explained before, perhaps someone else will elaborate on it.

fazzy07
02-23-2008, 05:27 AM

I ll have to totally agree with you as you and all the CR's were kept in the dark in this breach of agreement
You have been one of the most active and helpful CR here along with FSC staff and recently stoi from BCG
If fst losses you guys its a big loss to fst
In my short while here I have seen you take your time and helpout and leave comments everytime ftn was mentioned
Its just a disgrace on fst's part to not acknowledge the agreement
As far as invite and acc trading goes like fsc there are many proud members of ftn here who will always help out the staff in cutting down the scums

grimms
02-23-2008, 05:38 AM
well imo they're both fucked. But when you trade an account you are stealing someone else's identity on the tracker which opens up a whole can of worms. Also it encourages cheating to buffer accounts for a better trade. When you trade an account you are completely severing your ties with that account, therefor you don't care as much who your trading with. If you trade an invite you're responsible for who you invite and hopefully will take a little care with their past and what kind of member they'll become. There's more reasons that have been explained before, perhaps someone else will elaborate on it.

Bingo! Wish i stated that in my novel about four posts prior.

supper
02-23-2008, 05:40 AM

well thank you for clearing this but if any one whould like to cheat he will cheat in any way on his own account or on the account he willing to trade ( cheater is cheater ) and any one with seedbox or high speed conaction he will buffer his account by real upload as this will not make any problem or diffrent to him

stealing someone else's identity on the tracker which opens up a whole can of worms identity ? fist of all its not calling stealing its call tradeing and what is the big deal to get a user name and password from some one he created its not a visa card identity u know and to trade the invites its not any better then tradeing accounts both put the tracker at risk are am i right? and both can let cheaters and hackers get in are am i right? and both are against the trackers rules and the wishes of the staffers are am i right?

i am sorry but relly i am not acting i am just trying to understand some points from a older memeber have a such great experience like u :)

krunktastic
02-23-2008, 05:41 AM
How about this:

1. Make mods happy by allowing them to decide which accounts/invites get traded.

2. Fuck the titles altogether. I don't think any reps really care about their stars. Good members distinguish themselves.

grimms
02-23-2008, 05:54 AM
How about this:

1. Make mods happy by allowing them to decide which accounts/invites get traded.

2. Fuck the titles altogether. I don't think any reps really care about their stars. Good members distinguish themselves.

1. Point one would work, if every mod or staff member of a specific tracker, were signed up at fst, unfortunately their not, but the solution would be to ban account/invite trading on every single tracker, where mods and other staff have signed up here and explicitly stated "We do not want any form of trading or giveaway's allowed on this site" and sticky it,

hopefully the list will grow and grow and grow. Easier solution to end all this pointless arguing as far as what to do, as far as account trading is to have an end all agreement. Permanently ban all forms of trading, only allow requests. unfortunately there is no way to know who is doing something bad through pms(Private Messages), but at least if a certain member was caught in public, actions could be taken.

2. More i think about point two, that may be even better. I do feel all tracker staff should have the name of the site they mod, own, or admin at under their avatar though. Especially if account trading becomes extinct once and for all.

Mister Moo
02-23-2008, 05:56 AM
so much drama...

DKre8ive1
02-23-2008, 06:12 AM
identity ? fist of all its not calling stealing its call tradeing and what is the big deal to get a user name and password from some one he created its not a visa card identity u know and to trade the invites its not any better then tradeing accounts both put the tracker at risk are am i right? and both can let cheaters and hackers get in are am i right? and both are against the trackers rules and the wishes of the staffers are am i right?

i am sorry but relly i am not acting i am just trying to understand some points from a older memeber have a such great experience like u :)

I think what sears mean is for example you trade an account and the person you gave it too cheats or even worse tries to sell it. Guess what happens next your ip gets banned across any sites that share info on bad users and even thou you have never sold or cheated on a account you end up on the hitlist because of it.

To top it off if you are truly trying to be a good user by keeping your own nick across multiple sites to show your all about contributing to file sharing and not just here to leech. It would suck that because of this member you gave this account too, you now have to start all over.

As for the BT Guru title I am not sure how it would work since it has to be a give in take like it was with the CR title. My question is it the same agreement as there was before since that is my understanding of what was post on the first post.

We also ask our members to respect these members and their site rules.

So does this mean that account trading will still not be allowed as long as we keep our end of the bargain?

Skiz
02-23-2008, 06:35 AM

This whole thread disgusts me. I'm finished with it and will not be making any further replies to this pathetic bullshit.

You act as if you're so oppressed and have been fucked over. I really thought you were past all this nonsense and would actually talk it out with us. Instead, you terminate our MSN conversation where we are trying to explain why the CR rank was removed and what we are doing to replace it for staffers such as yourself who have been friendly, but you couldn't be bothered I suppose. Instead, you immediately came to the forum and started bad-mouthing me and the staff.

I'm not going to beat a dead horse and repeat it all again (you can read you MSN history for that), but what do you feel you've been screwed on?

We don't owe you anything.

We don't owe any tracker anything.

Our main focus is FST, nothing else. That focus includes helping our members and being an informative resource for file sharing information all-around. The CR rank was all give on our part and required absolutely nothing from you or any other tracker staff member. You should be happy that it lasted as long as it did as you all got what you wanted and didn't have to do anything to get it.

Now we do away with it to protect FST'ers b/c too many staffers were taking advantage of it and all of a sudden we're the bad guys?? The forum is the same as it was last week, but since you don't have us to get rid of account trades at your beck and call, now the forum is reprehensible?? Get real.

Again, you want to know all the reasons, read your MSN history. RealitY and myself broke it down piece by piece.

Something Else
02-23-2008, 06:39 AM
We also ask our members to respect these members and their site rules.

So does this mean that account trading will still not be allowed as long as we keep our end of the bargain?

:noes: It doesn't look like it. :dabs:

I can understand why the reps are pissed off.

By handing out invites here (1) and being helpful the community reps have given up a lot of their time and energy. :ermm:
This was a definite show of respect for this forum and in no way a given.
In return, FST agreed to ban account trades for the tracker that the com.rep was from, providing that they didn't interfere with invite trading. That's how I understand it anyway. :unsure:

This seemed to work out ok to an extent.
To have this one remaining safety net taken away, after putting that effort in and keeping up the com.reps side of the bargain is a slap in the face to those that acted properly.
In real-life it would be called 'breach of contract'.
People normally get upset over that. :dabs:

Communication and adequate preparation for this step seems to be the area that could have been and still could be improved upon in my opinion.
If any staff member does become a BT Guru and there are no rules in place to stop these accounts being traded then it will appear to the average person that these staffers are endorsing this vile practice.
I can't imagine any of them wanting to do that. :whistling

As it stands, things are unclear. Hopefully in the next few days we will have a clearer picture of what this forum's intentions are. :mellow:

(1)
Inviting users from here is a two-sided coin. Half the users you get are great and the other half cause you hours of grief.*
*figures correct at the time this was posted. : P

supper
02-23-2008, 06:43 AM
I think what sears mean is for example you trade an account and the person you gave it too cheats or even worse tries to sell it. Guess what happens next your ip gets banned across any sites that share info on bad users and even thou you have never sold or cheated on a account you end up on the hitlist because of it.

To top it off if you are truly trying to be a good user by keeping your own nick across multiple sites to show your all about contributing to file sharing and not just here to leech. It would suck that because of this member you gave this account too, you now have to start all over.

As for the BT Guru title I am not sure how it would work since it has to be a give in take like it was with the CR title. My question is it the same agreement as there was before since that is my understanding of what was post on the first post.

:)well thank you for replay DKre8ive1 u know how much i respact u for the useful posts and the help u always give it to many members here and not many members will disagree with that but:P

or example you trade an account and the person you gave it too cheats or even worse tries to sell it. Guess what happens next your ip gets banned across any sites that share info on bad users and even thou you have never sold or cheated on a account you end up on the hitlist because of it. the guy who will trade account or sell account he could be the same guy who will sell invites or trade invite or even he could be a cheater also and he will face the same result and not many traders so stupid to trade account have the same username he useing it on many others trackers thats beside many traders dont use the same username on every single tracker he has for the record i am against tradeing personal accounts even i was a trader but all i wanna say the cheater or the seller who will have the account by trade or by selling he could be the same guy who will have invite by trade or by selling also the bad member still the same bad member its dosent matter if he will trade account or he will trade invite u still can call him trader and the seller who selling invites or account u still can call him a seller so i dont see any diffrent . and i am sure u will ban both of them and i am sure u dont like any trader in ur tracker also any way you are my favourite staffer and i just wanted to understand some points thank you for ur replay:)

i rest my case ....
and i apologize agien for my english.

RealitY
02-23-2008, 07:36 AM
I have discovered is that if you show respect, you tend to get respect.

How does this work?

Well, at FSC we encourage our member to be our eyes and ears. After all, staff are not everywhere. Since many of our members are also members here, that attitude is reflected very much within the invite forums.

I am amazed at how many account request threads are drowned out by pro-FSC members. These people are proud to be members, and work along side staff in an attempt to ensure that account trades are minimised.
This is similar to what I mentioned in a pm message to Brandon and its true. Though he thinks the gates will open with mass threads trading FTN which remains to be proven. Think such threads will be responded to by his members and ours also. Dont think we really need to moderate the section like this. Things have changed and the members educate themselves. Weve watched that section go through multiple changes that members have brought about. Its nice watching the section evolve mostly on its own.

Think theres lots of information in this section and the pins in that section for a n00b to gather before that month comes up and choosing what theyre going to do. Do we really need to tell them what to do. Have we not provided enough. Take a look at that section and compare that to months back. Do you think its evolved and if so is it in the direction you had hoped for. Perhaps and if so the members have mostly done it and not by force. If we force it wont those members go to another site and the chance to enlighten them goes also.

I think that it would be best for everyone to take a deep breath and re-evaluate their positions. I believe it is not too late to reverse the situation.
Well its not like we wanted this. Its unfortunate a couple have taken this the way they have. Though they couldve hashed it out rather than the route they took. As mentioned we arent going to please all. Though we try different things. The whole thing with the new layout isnt even completly defined yet. Actually my initial post was looking for feedback on this.

In a nice warm place could we go back. Where we all sit down and try this again. Well I wish that were possible as we didnt have issue with the way it was. Dont think we need to get into how many times we were fked with regarding CR rank. Well we could complain like those that that are upset but whats the point. Think we simply need to redefine this and move on...

grimms
02-23-2008, 07:43 AM
Reality what's your true take on permanently ridding account trading? Or creating the sticky's I suggested. I just would like some food for thought, for myself and it would be helpful to other members as well. I think this was at least a good topic to start, so members and bt staff alike, can air out some obvious issues, differences and whatever else. I'm also fully aware at the end of the day what ever decisions your staff impose, will be final on fst.

Brandon
02-23-2008, 08:21 AM
Sorry I'm so delayed on replying, been disabling accts for the past hour or two.. (note this has nothing to do with FST, well one was an acct trade that fst allowed to go through on here.. but dont get all worried) Anyways here goes.

I know how you feel Brandon and i guess some how you have the right to feel so.
buT i guess the best thing about this new rank that members here is given the right to nominate what they think is the best members here in this community.
I guess that you will agree with me that getting a title from FST MEMBERS means a lot more than getting a better title or rank from the FST staff.
away from all these invites nonsense and getting into trackers rush.we as members in FST hold some people here dear to our heart and always appreciate their contributions to this forum and there is no doubt that you are one of them.
like it or not.I may disagree with you sometimes but i like you and treasure your help and contribution.

I agree with you on that point.

Reality, Skizo, KFlint, or whoever else who makes the decisions on here. I know I don't have any real say or influence, but i think what should be done to make the good mods like "Brandon" and others happy(Which is very justified), is maybe considering to eliminate Account trading and the BT reputation system all together.

Maybe specify in the rules that invite trading and giveaway's could still be allowed, but only to trackers that will tolerate them. Also i think you should create a sticky in the BT invite section of a list of sites which allow or disallow account/invite trading and giveaway and add them to the list, only if admins, mods, and sysops themselves sign up to fst and tell "Reality" I either will allow members to trade and do giveaways or not on are tracker. Edit the sticky as tracker rules change, and also do a nice list breaking sites up in their own categories. Like a brokenstones, Ftn, Fsc, Revtt for example. It will save the fst and tracker staff all the endless trouble in the long run. Also all BT staff should have the title of their site name under their avatar to identify themselves (I think this should be automatcially set-up or done by fst staff).

Also maybe impose serious infraction on all members that don't read and follow the rules. Honestly? I would even go as far as making it mandatory for all new members to have to read complete fst site rules, before having access to the bt invite section, not just the 30 days.

If you do decide to roll a system like needing to read site rules? Roll it out for everyone, even me, even Tracker staff at the time, so we can all refresh are memories as well as the new blood getting familiar with FST rules for the first time. I think this should be deeply considered. Maybe talk to Tracker staff about this in private. Brandon i would like to personally hear your thoughts, Reality yours, and anyone else. Maybe i have it all wrong?

I'm with you on this. Sad thing is, if staff here had worked with us, and even the users.. I really think this could have been handled better.

I guess I just assumed account trading would be disallowed for those trackers that received this title... just like before. I don't really see the point of it just being a title.. it should also come with some benefits both for FST and for staffers.

It's really bad to see the gap between trackers and FST grow, but I can understand trackers' staff for it. It's sad to see, for example, Brandon's change of attitude from a very friendly and helpful guy to a seeker and destroyer, but it's an understandable reaction...

It's in our best of interests that FST works together with staffers, not against them (and that includes of course all us members, not just staff) to make our BT community a better and safer one. Of course I have no idea of what's going on behind the scenes, this is just my opinion from what I've been reading here... I hope in the end, a balance can be found.
I really don't want to be the bad guy, but I don't really have a choice now. I can assure you my attitude towards good users and those on FTN will stay the same. You won't see much of me in the forums here though.

@ brandon :what kind of CR u talking about if u threat this community by ban ass every single member here have account at F*N what the fst member did to get such a punishment if u say u relly helped alot of members here then u will find the help in return from the member u helped them already and alot of them will vote for u to get ur stars and ur agreement back this threat with for real childish i know and i saw u gived a hand help here to many but by what u just posted ur relly lost alot of supporter and alot of respact u will find alot of posts agree with what u just said but most of them not coz they agree but coz they are affried... one more thing fst helped ur tracker as u helped fst members i belive to get memebers have some knowladge about BT from fst better then get scammers and cheater from realpoor .

If I somehow made the illusion that I was threatening anyone I apologize. I will not ban a single member who is both on ftn and fst unless they are abusing the rules. This now includes invite trading as well as account trading. If you trade an invite, I will make it my mission to find you and disable you. Follow my rules and I'll be as kind as always. On the contrary to you saying I've lost a lot of respect, either you misread my posts or you misunderstand the whole point of this. Please re-read this thread.

:lol: well I like to be upfront and I'm not going to bullshit or hold back my opinion.

On topic, I really think that the allowing of account trading for all trackers again is terrible. I hope that staff can see how much people don't want it. Sure you have to cater to the traders as well and I can understand that even if I disagree. However isn't letting them trade invites going far enough? Removing protections for trackers is just going to further alienate FST it's staff and members from the wider tracker community.

FST has a bad rep, lets face it. I for one would like to see some sort of middle ground where members don't have to sign up with a different nick just to protect themselves. I personally am on good terms with the staff at the trackers I frequent and have no fear of my accounts being disabled. However it's common practice for members to use a different nick here out of fear of being banned even if they've done no trades at all. Is that the kind of place people want this to be? I hope not. This move to allow a free for all on all trades truly saddens me.

Whether staff agree with Brandon or not, there's no arguing he's done a lot for the members here. He's given out invites, helped people that needed help and generally had a good laugh with us. It's too bad that it's come to this. I hope you guys (staff) can see where he's coming from and also sense that many long time members here support him wholeheartedly. Please ban account trading. If you can't do that at least come to some kind of agreement with staffers that are willing to hold up their end of the bargain, I think this is the only way forward on this issue.

Anyway I'm done ranting but truly whether it's apparent or not I and a lot of other members and the wider BT community feel very strongly about this.

I agree with you, but as you can see by the post below from skizo, they don't care. I'm all for middle ground, they are not.

I ll have to totally agree with you as you and all the CR's were kept in the dark in this breach of agreement
You have been one of the most active and helpful CR here along with FSC staff and recently stoi from BCG
If fst losses you guys its a big loss to fst
In my short while here I have seen you take your time and helpout and leave comments everytime ftn was mentioned
Its just a disgrace on fst's part to not acknowledge the agreement
As far as invite and acc trading goes like fsc there are many proud members of ftn here who will always help out the staff in cutting down the scums

I appreciate your understanding. I am going to miss goofing around with you guys, but like I said I just don't have the time to do both :-/
FST staff has no idea how much work it is to deal with both invite and account traders. Yes, account traders can be found easily, but I don't wanna be the guy who disables someone who's innocent. We have scripts that alert us immediately on certain things, but as with everything in life nothing can be certain.. I have to do backround checks on every single alert we have to double check that the disable is justified. Again though, FST staff fail to understand that.

This whole thread disgusts me. I'm finished with it and will not be making any further replies to this pathetic bullshit.

You act as if you're so oppressed and have been fucked over. I really thought you were past all this nonsense and would actually talk it out with us. Instead, you terminate our MSN conversation where we are trying to explain why the CR rank was removed and what we are doing to replace it for staffers such as yourself who have been friendly, but you couldn't be bothered I suppose. Instead, you immediately came to the forum and started bad-mouthing me and the staff.

I'm not going to beat a dead horse and repeat it all again (you can read you MSN history for that), but what do you feel you've been screwed on?

We don't owe you anything.

We don't owe any tracker anything.

Our main focus is FST, nothing else. That focus includes helping our members and being an informative resource for file sharing information all-around. The CR rank was all give on our part and required absolutely nothing from you or any other tracker staff member. You should be happy that it lasted as long as it did as you all got what you wanted and didn't have to do anything to get it.

Now we do away with it to protect FST'ers b/c too many staffers were taking advantage of it and all of a sudden we're the bad guys?? The forum is the same as it was last week, but since you don't have us to get rid of account trades at your beck and call, now the forum is reprehensible?? Get real.

Again, you want to know all the reasons, read your MSN history. RealitY and myself broke it down piece by piece.

Bro, you guys kept giving me the run around. I've said this plenty of times, I just don't have enough time i my day to go through the bullshit.
I don't agree with your reasons, they were half-assed and as I said above you could have had our support in finding a solution to this rather than pushing it under the rug because you couldn't handle it. As also said in the other page, I still think you're a decent guy, you're just not as good of a staffer as I thought you were and you definitely are not the friend I assumed you were.

If your main focus was fst, then you my friend have failed. Let me help you out.

You went from a community with great members and great torrent staff support, to a community that's now a battleground with less support staff, and now staff members who are here to hunt down users. Do you think your users are going to be happier with the new FST? If you do, I ask you to re-read the posts made here.

DKre8ive1
02-23-2008, 08:26 AM
Yes I guess there was a breach of contract like benchez said but that doesn't mean that a new one can be re-written so that the same rules apply, but just the users who didn't keep up there end of the bargain not qualify for this contract.

I mean I truly hope that sites that don't want to have there url's posted still have the option to have it censored, since that was in effect prior to there being the community rep title.

This is a work in progress like its already been said but why re-build the wheel when you can just change some of the parts that are broken to get it rolling again.

Brandon
02-23-2008, 08:35 AM
Yes I guess there was a breach of contract like benchez said but that doesn't mean that a new one can be re-written so that the same rules apply, but just the users who didn't keep up there end of the bargain not qualify for this contract.

I mean I truly hope that sites that don't want to have there url's posted still have the option to have it censored, since that was in effect prior to there being the community rep title.

This is a work in progress like its already been said but why re-build the wheel when you can just change some of the parts that are broken to get it rolling again.

Hey DK <3
I agree with you, but like I said to FST staff... if they were going to allow the same rules to apply to this new thing, why abolish the old? That's what skizo doesnt understand. How can I be expected to have an open mind about this when they totally destroyed the old system, which included the old rules. If there's going to be a new system with the same rules, isnt that essentially just the old system with a new name? Oo

What good is that? Why do it? ?????

Something Else
02-23-2008, 08:39 AM
I don't think we will see those rules return.
That middle ground seems to be lost.
It looks at the moment like it's everyone for themselves. Caveman style. :smilie4:
At least that will mean less politics I guess. I do hate politics. :dabs:

bunny67
02-23-2008, 11:38 AM
wow fst as gone mad again ,why fix something that wasnt broken!

Artemis
02-23-2008, 03:01 PM
The funniest thing about that post was the fact that it was totally unexpected and completely random. Thanks for the giggle It wasn't that random the poster before has a grand total of 5 posts here and managed a 'nice thread' comment so I really couldn't resist :naughty::naughty::whistling

This thread did need some lightening up though, so it had to be done :D

popcop23
02-23-2008, 03:05 PM
stoi (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../members/stoi-438/)

TheFoX (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../members/thefox-151468)
[/URL]
[URL="http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../members/sgtmajor-79679"]SgtMajor (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../members/dv8type-123525)

KFlint
02-23-2008, 03:15 PM

75% of CR not respecting their end of the deal = not broken?

that might have been harsh to remove it completly for some times but i'm pretty sure people getting the new title will be happy with it, just wait for the details ;)

Innos
02-23-2008, 03:19 PM
Brandon just let it go ;)

znik
02-23-2008, 03:27 PM

I guess because it was fragile long time ago and it was meant to happen one day.

Unfortunately when a glass is ultimately broken you can't fix it either...
You have to substitute it with a new one.

We 'll have to sit and wait I guess.:ermm:
Let's hope the new system is better and not worse...

TP635
02-23-2008, 03:43 PM
This is a mad house
A forum about filesharing and cummunity
A place for torrenter to break tracker rule
And yet be save
because this is the place.
Change and be respected
continue .....

Brandon
02-23-2008, 03:45 PM
This is a mad house
And yet be save
Change and be respected
continue .....

I didn't quite understand that but the chick in your avatar is hot :naughty:

TP635
02-23-2008, 03:49 PM
This is a mad house
And yet be save
Change and be respected
continue .....

It is not meant to be understood, cos I don't understand wtf is going on here. :frusty:

Brandon
02-23-2008, 03:50 PM

It is not meant to be understood, cos I don't understand wtf is going on here. :frusty:

:lol: :console:

F3n1x
02-23-2008, 04:00 PM
brandon deserve it too- he is a guru :lol: and isn't because of he is a Ftn sysop

soulreaper
02-23-2008, 06:59 PM
I hope you dont implement this BT Guru thing and make those so called gurus feel like demigods.
But if you do go ahead with this then i'd only recommend TheFox because he has a few key ingredients of which almost any "n00b" can relate to which is :-
1) Friendly
2)Wise
2) Unbiased
3) Non-elitist

znik
02-23-2008, 07:58 PM
TheFox = The Mentor of gurus :smartass:

RealitY
02-23-2008, 09:11 PM
Well theres be a fair amount of demand to keep something similar to the CR layout. This thread started with the appearance of BT Guru being the way to go. Though reading through now weve received a more balanced view of things. Were going to attempt to put something together that would combine these. Well I guess that would be trying to please all...

Night0wl
02-23-2008, 10:17 PM
Well theres be a fair amount of demand to keep something similar to the CR layout. This thread started with the appearance of BT Guru being the way to go. Though reading through now weve received a more balanced view of things. Were going to attempt to put something together that would combine these. Well I guess that would be trying to please all...

What will happen to the account trading/giveaways, which are by far the worse thing on this forum? and just to be clear, I'm talking as a whole, not only for trackers where staff get appointed BT-Guru

SAM
02-23-2008, 11:35 PM

Thanks Reality :)

Brandon
02-23-2008, 11:37 PM

What will happen to the account trading/giveaways, which are by far the worse thing on this forum? and just to be clear, I'm talking as a whole, not only for trackers where staff get appointed BT-Guru

Well, I'll try to comment for him since i've seen a rough draft of the new system.. Think of it as similar to the previous only more tightened. Meaning, only those who are involved in the system will have immunity to acct trades etc. He can correct me if i'm wrong on that but this is what it looks like.

Essentially those of us who got turned against who shouldn't have, should be in good shape now thus continuing the general "happy nature" we had here previously.

pandabear
02-24-2008, 12:11 AM
I don't know why you bt staff want to be CR reps. You might think you are stopping acct trades, but all you do is push it underground. At least when you are not CR rep, you can ban invite trades, and account giveaways (an invite giveaways, but noone seems to care about that). More of you should just go the way of sct/scc and just boycott these regulations, and lurk + ban /get others to lurk + ban, to help clean up the trouble makers.

grimms
02-24-2008, 12:47 AM
If account/invite and giveaway's trading in public were to be prohibited(Specific to each and every tracker).

The key thing would be, that each mod or admin, from each specific tracker, would have to pm "Reality himself" to be put on I approve account/invite trading or i disapprove account/invite trading list, and sticky it in the bt invite section.

Have two seperate stickies. If you do that then this BT Guru, i think would really work out. 90% of the problem would be instantly solved, just knowing this option exists on FST.

I think the main problem now? Is that BT Staff, don't want to come to FST and babysit the BT Invite section 90% of the time(Especially with no rules on account/invite trading)it's a free for all. That would mean, they would not get any enjoyable experience for themselves. Being able to make useful or helpful posts to educate and help members.

It's one thing to help users with questions regrading their specific tracker, but another, when you have to play the harbinger of death role towards all users on fst(Being portrayed as the big bad wolf basically out to disable and ban members accounts).

Night0wl
02-24-2008, 01:55 AM

Well, I'll try to comment for him since i've seen a rough draft of the new system.. Think of it as similar to the previous only more tightened. Meaning, only those who are involved in the system will have immunity to acct trades etc. He can correct me if i'm wrong on that but this is what it looks like.

Essentially those of us who got turned against who shouldn't have, should be in good shape now thus continuing the general "happy nature" we had here previously.

So basically it will be the old system with a new name? Trackers that don't have staff that has a BT-Guru here will have no way to stop account trades/giveaways without lurking in the bushes.

Doesn't sound like a good system to me at all. It sounds like a system where FST gets pretty much the same or even more hatred from tracker staff, and people will have to continue their hiding if on here.

I mean, even though it helps, it still makes e.g. me very reluctant to even let people know who I am at trackers. And if there was some sort of trouble with an account of mine, no way would I ask for help here.

It's starting to get old with this different username than on trackers, and it just shows what kind of place FST is/was/has become?

KFlint
02-24-2008, 02:10 AM
well it's not exactly the same thing, from what i've heard, BTGuru wouldn't have to accept their invites to be trade freely on FST.

Staff might find this is an important improvement.

TP635
02-24-2008, 02:12 AM
Account treadering has no places in the torrenting community and should be treated in the same way as ratio cheaters. I can't see way this forum can tolerate it; even encourage it.
Yet at the same time we want tracker rep as Guru.

supper
02-24-2008, 02:24 AM
u cant say fst should stop tradeing accounts and allowe tradeing invites its something the members should be educate themselves about and convinced by this if u will stop tradeing accounts in forum then u wont stop tradeing accounts via pms so it will be useless

i say give the members choice to decide what they relly want let the ppl who wanna trade do it coz they will do it in anyway here or in onther forum or in via pms and let the ppl who dont like to trade do what ever they want .

and i still say if u want to stop trade ( just if u relly think you can ) then stop trade invites and accounts if u want to allowe it then allowe both and for all trackers not for one and other not

TP635
02-24-2008, 02:32 AM
u cant say fst should stop tradeing accounts and allowe tradeing invites its something the members should be educate themselves about and convinced by this if u will stop tradeing accounts in forum then u wont stop tradeing accounts via pms so it will be useless

and i still say if u want to stop trade then stop trade invites and accounts if u want to allowe it then allowe both and for all trackers not for one and other not

If you want trackers staffs to have respect of this forum, then BAN any/all activities that is against trackers rules. Simple.

supper
02-24-2008, 02:38 AM

and i still say if u want to stop trade then stop trade invites and accounts if u want to allowe it then allowe both and for all trackers not for one and other not

If you want trackers staffs to have respect of this forum, then BAN any/all activities that is against trackers rules. Simple.BAN is not the solution always they have to decide by thier selves what they relly need or what the wrong or the right rules never change the attitudes or the toughts..

but u still can educate them and clear ur points about how is the trade is relly bad and let the staffer do more giveaways to let the traders think the trade is not the only way to get what he want always .

Artemis
02-24-2008, 02:54 AM
If you want trackers staffs to have respect of this forum, then BAN any/all activities that is against trackers rules. Simple.BAN is not the solution always they have to decide by thier selves what they relly need or what the wrong or the right rules never change the attitudes or the toughts..

but u still can educate them and clear ur points about how is the trade is relly bad and let the staffer do more giveaways to let the traders think is the trade its not the only way to get what he want always .

Supper although we have different views I do respect yours and you are a helpful member, but ultimately it is the tracker owners and staff that make the rules not the users. It is the one way that they have of saying who they want to come to their party, and we are guests of them. In the eyes of the tracker staff, invite trading and account trading are two very different animals, this is why there was that distinction under the CR agreements. Account trading leaves staff with an unknown quantity on their tracker, someone that needs to be traced and disabled since they are not the user they pretend to be.
The other thing of course from the staff's point of view is trading is the thin end of the wedge, trading brings with it scamming and of course invite selling and hit and run tactics. Now I know that you will say that not all traders do this and I agree, not all do but account trading is what makes all this far more possible and easy since the account is now anonymous the person who has it really has no obligation to look after the account, internet anonymity breeds bad behavior so the anonymity of a traded account brings about the probability of the scamming/cheating/invite selling, without the account trades these other things would be far harder to carry out.

TP635
02-24-2008, 02:56 AM

but u still can educate them and clear ur points about how is the trade is relly bad and let the staffer do more giveaways to let the traders think the trade is not the only way to get what he want always .

Providing a venue for trackers rule breakers is not a good idea and this is what this forum is. You can't educate and allow the activities at the same time.

supper
02-24-2008, 03:43 AM
BAN is not the solution always they have to decide by thier selves what they relly need or what the wrong or the right rules never change the attitudes or the toughts..

Providing a venue for trackers rule breakers is not a good idea and this is what this forum is. You can't educate and allow the activities at the same time.i meant give them the options to decide by themselves the trade is the wrong thing to do but if u will say DONT then they do it in any way
and if the traders havent respact any tracker rules about trading why they will respact the fst rules about tradeing !

if the tracker rules it selves stoped any trader from tradeing then fst rules will do.

@Artemis (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../../members/artemis-168734) thank you for clearing and u are relly helpful and respectful member here too:) even if we have adiffrent point of view.

Something Else
02-24-2008, 04:17 AM
We'll have to wait and see what crackpot scheme they come up with I guess. :whistling:

rapesauce10
02-24-2008, 08:11 PM
SHUVT, and alot of the other DP folks are by far some of the best people out there, like Melvin, Ibslice, etc. lotta cool cats that you've disabled, or disabled the access to certain forums of.

seppypom
02-24-2008, 08:59 PM
We'll have to wait and see what crackpot scheme they come up with I guess. :whistling:

http://www.sunrisepenpals.com/images/smilies/sunglasses.gif