PDA

View Full Version : I'm getting tired from this

BlueLabel
02-22-2008, 10:57 AM
sorry for doing that but I had many giveaways lately and each one I saw the same word
"please I need it"
"pleas that one is good for my study"
"I looking for along time to that one"
the same shit over and over

but lets see in real how much they "realy" want it
p.s
what you going to see its only little exmple, there is more

http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/4818/111cutwz6.jpg

most of them barely touch their account

http://img92.imageshack.us/img92/5893/333cutcj0.jpg

same thing here^^^

http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/1639/444cutie9.jpg

and the same here ^^^

and as I said before I have more of this kind

so what I should do now??? stop giveaway???

Hrvoje
02-22-2008, 11:01 AM
give away only to trusted members?

Dark Archon
ahh is this libble or something? :( i think you still should because lots of good members will miss out if everyone stop giveaways. it's just unfortunate that some members just want it for no reasons..

Sylar666
Sadly agree...I do not see any point in further giveaways. Most of my invitees scarcely use their accounts. Let alone, I changed my mind recently on this issue: it is not much better than trading an invite. At the end of the day, even giving the invite "for free" You invite and let in a complete stranger, no matter how decent and charming he appears. And that is a risk - factor.

bikernin
02-22-2008, 11:32 AM
its sad but true. what you could do is just look around for requests and help those in need. usually someone who opens a thread for a particular site needs it more than people who just grab something from giveaways just to see how it is or to collect

fOrUmAs
02-22-2008, 11:56 AM
yea i can also see in my invites tree very poor members,but in general its ok :)

and yea its always fun to watch words like

"please that one is good for my study" (one of my favorit) :D

znik
02-22-2008, 12:01 PM
That's true.
A lot of friends I have invited in the past haven't used their accounts as well.

However, the most retarded thing is to giveaway your account when you no longer need it.
I prefer an inactive invitee than someone who gives away his account because he doesn't like it any more.
I always ask my invitees to delete their account if they no longer need it, than give it away to a stranger. :dabs:

DyNast
02-22-2008, 12:14 PM
That's true, I've experienced a similar situation, and I can say that's pretty frustrating... but that was some time ago, now I never invite people, let's call it "randomly" from FST

I've figured that's not fair to me, the tracker I invite them to and the other people who really need this invite

You just gotta give the invite for someone you trust and know that he is going to take a good care of his account, and that way both invitee and tracker wins ;)
Of course, you can never know what you invitee is gonna do...

kyuuchi
02-22-2008, 12:24 PM
There are just way too many of these kind of people out there. Even in giveaways that ask for ratio proof, most people provides really crap proof that had hardly any activity.

I've limited my giveaway to sites which I think they could use some fresh members and of course invites get refilled really fast. I figured, I could take my chances and hope occasionally bump into a nice invitee who actually use the site. For people who don't use it, thats for the auto pruning script to do the job.

BlueLabel
02-22-2008, 12:50 PM
but you never know if the people you invite is going to use the account or not
I ask for ratio proofs and profile links, but I'm well known that most of people put only their best proofs and they still have some trackers with bad ratio
but there is along distance from bad ratio member to inactive members
I preffer inviting bad ratio member than inactive member
members with bad ratio are members that use the aacount and thats fine, they just need to upload more..
but inactive members with 0.00 up 0.00 down are just collector that ask for that tracker cause its rare or they can get good offer on that account in other furom trackers or via PM

zedex
02-22-2008, 12:52 PM
i see it also with my invitees blue ,there is nothing new here , and lets apeak the truth .....one person doesnt really need more then 5-6 good trackers all the rest are just for collecting .

BlueLabel
02-22-2008, 01:11 PM
but even if the guy is collector, still, not using the accouts its quite ugly and unfair to other members that realy need it
take bitme for ex' , that tracker can be used by progremers and students (I'm student myself) and many members that realy need iy lose it because some of shity collector

take5
02-22-2008, 01:19 PM
I'm new here and till now I've only asked for invites in giveaways.
Before requesting an invite I'm reading the review and really try to guess
if the tracker suits my needs. Till now although I used all the trackers
I was invited one or two of them were really a bad choise and sometime
in the future the account will be inactive. I apologize in advance for that
but when you are new in something you do make mistakes.
The whole system with the giveaways has advantages and disandantages.
But it helps newbies.
The first thing I've learned is that in p2p you have to offer.
So bluelabel (and all the other more experienced users) even
if the most of your invites are going in people they don't use them you have to keep sharing.
Otherwise we the newbies don't really have a chance

fatcat69
02-22-2008, 01:51 PM
Same thing goes for lvl5-10 sites.

People dont realize that a 0day site is a 0day site.

They want them bc they think it is going to be something amazing...and its not, its just another means of downloading.

TBH, you can ask anyone who really knows me on sites and see which sites I download from that are lvl 5 and above on a daily basis.

(none)

Im an uploader at all of them and just have huge upload amounts at them. I am active in the forums and chat too, and I am helping two new sites reach their maximum potential...but to be honest, if you are joining or wanting sites because they are a high level...

Then you are an idiot.

For 0day, if you already have SCC and you are doing fine keeping a ratio there...then you honestly dont need any other 0day sites.

lol

I'm new here and till now I've only asked for invites in giveaways.
if the tracker suits my needs. Till now although I used all the trackers
I was invited one or two of them were really a bad choise and sometime
in the future the account will be inactive. I apologize in advance for that
but when you are new in something you do make mistakes.
The whole system with the giveaways has advantages and disandantages.
But it helps newbies.
if the most of your invites are going in people they don't use them you have to keep sharing.

well said.

SAM
02-22-2008, 03:18 PM
That's true.
A lot of friends I have invited in the past haven't used their accounts as well.

However, the most retarded thing is to giveaway your account when you no longer need it.
I prefer an inactive invitee than someone who gives away his account because he doesn't like it any more.
I always ask my invitees to delete their account if they no longer need it, than give it away to a stranger. :dabs:

totally agree.we shouldn't give accounts away

BlueLabel
02-22-2008, 03:19 PM
if the tracker suits my needs.

yeah well most of people dont even know what the tracker contents
the only thing they know its the tracker level

keep sharing you say but what happen if I get band??
I want to share but I cannot risk my accounts because some inactive members. I realy want to help but even help has limites.

members that realy need help I will help them. not once I shared my box with members here and help many keep their accounts alive
even if someone I invited use his account and have bad ratio I dont care to seed him little with my box as long he need to use it
how can I say no to student that realy need some books??
but I can do nothing with collectors and inactive members.
its pity that some good guys have to suffer because some stupid members here.

fatcat69 as for you
meet your brother
http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/571/lazy20catpg6.jpg

fatcat69
02-22-2008, 03:32 PM
pff i posted that pic a while ago....

but it is good :-D

myllian
02-22-2008, 03:50 PM
Sadly agree...I do not see any point in further giveaways. Most of my invitees scarcely use their accounts. Let alone, I changed my mind recently on this issue: it is not much better than trading an invite. At the end of the day, even giving the invite "for free" You invite and let in a complete stranger, no matter how decent and charming he appears. And that is a risk - factor.
100% agree
In fact giveaways are similar to trading..u give away, get rep points, and these help you to get other invites..
I have a lot of invites I could give away, but the more I read those giveaway threads the less I'm motivated to make one myself. 90% of those people requesting are collectors, there's no doubt about it.
I saw people requesting for an indietorrents invite, and they didn't even know what indie means (indian music? blabla).
This whole giveaway sh** is pathetic and I'm glad someone mentions it..
There are exceptions of course!

BlueLabel
02-22-2008, 04:08 PM
so how do you expect from new to guys get invites?

SenorBubbz
02-22-2008, 04:16 PM
Most people that post in giveaways without really wanting it are probably collectors.

supper
02-22-2008, 04:25 PM
so how do you expect from new to guys get invites?from giveaways too this is how the most of us started u need to make a better rules in ur giveaways guaranty to u u wont invite cheater or inactive user

myllian
02-22-2008, 04:31 PM
so how do you expect from new to guys get invites?
I think people who give away should request more than just some screenshots, (for example a lastfm profile for music sites..) and they should be interviewed in irc or msn..
Of course we're all lazy and nobody is gonna do this..
The best way is just to invite RL friends who can be trusted.

BlueLabel
02-22-2008, 04:39 PM
thats why I ask for profile links
but you know how it is
people might have some 20+ trackers in very shit condition (inactive/bad ratio) and 2 with good condition
what you think they will put as proofs?? only the 2 trackers with good condition
so you can never know

Deathless
02-22-2008, 04:41 PM
hm......i also invited some members like this...most of them don't need it...just want to see how it's the site....but maybe you help a good member, maybe you don't...always will exists members like this. is ur chooice if you want to continue or stop! Cheers!

GoldStoNe
02-22-2008, 04:42 PM
Well, here's my suggestion. If you're giving away an invite to a specialized site, ask the prospect invitee to show proof that he is a member of a similar site and is very active in it.

E.g. For bitme invites, ask for proof/profile link to similar e-learning site like docs.torrents or learnbits; for hdbits invites, ask for hd-bits.ro, scenehd or bit-hdtv. If they have significant downloads in those sites (not uploads since it means they don't really "want" stuffs there but grab one or two file(s) there and seed like hell just to boast their e-penis), they will most likely (but not a guarantee) make good use of the invite.

I think it's senseless if you're inviting someone to bitme and they show their fantastic ratio to a music or movie site. The proof only shows that he is into music/movie but not necessarily into e-learning stuffs. This also applies with respect to HDs since most people find them too large. The prospect invitee should show proof that they are active in a similar HD tracker.

Asking for reason why they "need" an invite to a site is a good way to gauge their sincerity and knowledge about the site they allegedly "need". Imho, ratio proof and speedtest are not good tests whether the user will be active (only good to show he knows how to maintain ratio). In fact, choosing someone on the basis of speedtest alone, as some are in the practice of doing, is lame. High speed is not equal to good seeder, much less active user.

myllian
02-22-2008, 04:48 PM
Well, here's my suggestion. If you're giving away an invite to a specialized site, ask the prospect invitee to show proof that he is a member of a similar site and is very active in it.

E.g. For bitme invites, ask for proof/profile link to similar e-learning site like docs.torrents or learnbits; for hdbits invites, ask for hd-bits.ro, scenehd or bit-hdtv.

That makes no sense..why would he need another tracker that specifies in a thing he already has a tracker for?

BlueLabel
02-22-2008, 05:06 PM
Asking for reason why they "need" an invite to a site is a good way to gauge their sincerity and knowledge about the site they allegedly "need".

do you realy think that people will see that question and answer "I want it because I'm collector"??
its obvious that people will make up a story
even people that giveaway and write in their rules "no scammers"
thats something I'm never understand
well... what they expect?? that someone enter the thread and write "ohh I scammer so I wont ask for invite but thx anyway"?

Imho, ratio proof and speedtest are not good tests whether the user will be active (only good to show he knows how to maintain ratio). In fact, choosing someone on the basis of speedtest alone, as some are in the practice of doing, is lame. High speed is not equal to good seeder, much less active user.

dont you think people/me ask for speedtest in giveaway???

mamacita
02-22-2008, 05:07 PM
That makes no sense..why would he need another tracker that specifies in a thing he already has a tracker for?

Because some specialized trackers have more to offer than others?

While I feel Blue's pain, I also don't think the situation is as dire as people put it out to be. There ARE ways to ensure that you invite the right people. A poster above me mentioned requiring people to state why they really need/want a tracker, and from that request you can often tell if they are sincere and if they know what they are talking about.

My point? Back when OiNK was in service, I invited around seven people, all of whom maintained a ratio of 3+. All you have to do is put a little more time and effort into finding the right people.

And if I take the noobie's side, how on earth am I going to get into a tracker if no one offers them? Then again, there are ways around that too. In fact, I never really got any of my "good" trackers through giveaways. Rather, I got them by asking members here on FST whom I thought were nice people. Being nice can go a long way.

Saying that reminds me of something. And this goes out to all the noobs and the idiots. If you want something, make a well thought out plea for it. Don't do what Blue quoted in his post...asking via one lined sentences that show NOTHING but that you are lazy and don't really care about the tracker you are applying for.

And to all you torrenters who do giveaways, please don't give invites to these people, no matter how good their ratios or speed tests are. Make them work a little to show their true intent.

myllian
02-22-2008, 05:13 PM
And to all you torrenters who do giveaways, please don't give invites to these people, no matter how good their ratios or speed tests are. Make them work a little to show their true intent.

Exactly. That's actually the only thing we can do about it.

danio
02-22-2008, 05:31 PM
Most people that post in giveaways without really wanting it are probably collectors.

Way to go Mr. Obvious! :D

GoldStoNe
02-22-2008, 05:35 PM

E.g. For bitme invites, ask for proof/profile link to similar e-learning site like docs.torrents or learnbits; for hdbits invites, ask for hd-bits.ro, scenehd or bit-hdtv.

I beg to disagree. Let me put some sense to it. Each tracker offers different content. To illustrate, let's take HD for instance, a lot of people wants to get into hdbits.org. To show that they are really into downloading hd stuffs, they must show proof that they are members of similar hd trackers, like hd-bits.ro or scenehd.org. Why would they want to get into hdbits.org if "they already have other trackers that specifies in the same thing" you may ask? It doesn't take a genius to figure it out. More contents. hdbits has 10x more torrents than hd-bits.ro. The invitee has to work his way up. We all started with low-level trackers and work our way up to better ones. A person with bitsoup would someday like to get into TL. You can't say hey, since you already have a similar tracker, there's no sense for you to join TL. :dabs: My point exactly.. :)

do you realy think that people will see that question and answer "I want it because I'm collector"??
its obvious that people will make up a story
even people that giveaway and write in their rules "no scammers"
thats something I'm never understand
well... what they expect?? that someone enter the thread and write "ohh I scammer so I wont ask for invite but thx anyway"?

You are right. I never said it's going to be fool proof. At least, you can know how much he knows about the site, what he is looking for and if that site has what he is looking for.

Imho, ratio proof and speedtest are not good tests whether the user will be active (only good to show he knows how to maintain ratio). In fact, choosing someone on the basis of speedtest alone, as some are in the practice of doing, is lame. High speed is not equal to good seeder, much less active user.

dont you think people/me ask for speedtest in giveaway???

Hmm.. you might have misread my post. I never mentioned about you. And yes, I see people only asking for speedtest in a giveaway. No ratio proof. I'm referring to them. :whistling If I have time, I'll show you a link [but I'm going to sleep in a while].

myllian
02-22-2008, 05:55 PM

I beg to disagree. Let me put some sense to it. Each tracker offers different content. To illustrate, let's take HD for instance, a lot of people wants to get into hdbits.org. To show that they are really into downloading hd stuffs, they must show proof that they are members of similar hd trackers, like hd-bits.ro or scenehd.org. Why would they want to get into hdbits.org if "they already have other trackers that specifies in the same thing" you may ask? It doesn't take a genius to figure it out. More contents. hdbits has 10x more torrents than hd-bits.ro. The invitee has to work his way up. We all started with low-level trackers and work our way up to better ones. A person with bitsoup would someday like to get into TL. You can't say hey, since you already have a similar tracker, there's no sense for you to join TL. :dabs: My point exactly.. :)

ok I think I got it now :D

The problem is, if you're not a member on a site, how can you know if it has the content you're looking for. More content doesn't always mean it's relevant to you.
I think a lot of "requesters" have good intentions, they are just curious.

jonny81985
02-22-2008, 06:09 PM
Yea i think that more people should fill requests. Sometimes I think people do giveaways for attention. Look at it this way, If you fill a request no one knows it and you dont get any credit. But if someone is requesting something they are more likely to actually use it. If you do giveaways everyone see's and you look like a "good guy". But chances are the person you are giving the invites to are probably just collectors.

I think to make this place better we should really start considering requests, especially if the person requesting is a good, up[standing, active member here. Maybe u wont get as noticed, but who cares, we should be here to help people not advertyise our kindness if u can really call it that.

Here's to saying we should defientely give privately to people who really deserve it, not publicly to get good attention for ourselves.

Just my two cents, let me know what u guys th ink

Jon

Diiyad
02-22-2008, 06:21 PM
Giveaways are the same if not worse than trading.

myllian
02-22-2008, 06:21 PM
@jonny
I couldn't agree more.
But there again, you have to evaluate.
Here's an example of a request http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-invites-90/t--ravers-request-tt--276606.
It's honest, and after reading his post history you can see he's really interested in that kind of music. If I had an invite I would send it to him right away.
This request though:
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-invites-90/t-req304playroreq-279821
NO!

fatcat69
02-22-2008, 06:37 PM
Yea i think that more people should fill requests. Sometimes I think people do giveaways for attention. Look at it this way, If you fill a request no one knows it and you dont get any credit. But if someone is requesting something they are more likely to actually use it. If you do giveaways everyone see's and you look like a "good guy". But chances are the person you are giving the invites to are probably just collectors.

I think to make this place better we should really start considering requests, especially if the person requesting is a good, up[standing, active member here. Maybe u wont get as noticed, but who cares, we should be here to help people not advertyise our kindness if u can really call it that.

Here's to saying we should defientely give privately to people who really deserve it, not publicly to get good attention for ourselves.

Jon

fo shizzle my jon nizzle

mamacita
02-22-2008, 06:47 PM
Well said jonny, well said.

stoi
02-22-2008, 06:55 PM
this is why i dont accept invites, i just wouldnt use the account so it would not be fair on the invitee, and i would be taking up 1 slot that a good member would use.

as for giveaways/trading/newbs/blah blah blah here is how i see it.

your a newb, you start on an open tracker, Bitsoup or somewhere, you make a good impression, someone sees you, they give you an invite to another tracker whats a bit harder to get into.

make a good impression there, the inviter will think, hmm prety good member, and invite you to another higher level (grr hate that word but you know what i mean) tracker.

the same goes for the inviter, if they make a good impression, and it looks to the inviter of him that he is inviting good members, then they will invite the inviter to a higher tracker.

its all a knock on effect, you scratch my back and i will scratch yours.

obviously though, if everyone done this, FST Bittorrent section would go out of business lol but i do think the above is the way it "should" be done in an "ideal world".

dunson
02-22-2008, 07:05 PM
stoi, I've tried just that at BitSoup and nobody has invited me anywhere since I joined like 4 months ago. That may be partly due to the fact that they don't allow you to even mention another site on there...

I think its easy to suggest, but much different in reality for us noobs who don't have a friend to invite us to some cool trackers. I think friends + trading is where a lot of invites go rather than being given away to some random person like myself.

stoi
02-22-2008, 07:08 PM
well maybe you have not made a good enough impression lol

i think the main problem is, members tend to forget their roots, they forget where they had to start from, so as soon as they get a lvl 4-5 or more, they never ever go back to places like bitsoup to keep the ball rolling, which in turn tends to have another knock on effect for members like you, who are trying to "get up the ladder" for want of a better term.

dunson
02-22-2008, 07:16 PM
I'm not really trying that hard to get attention, nor to climb the ladder. But for what its worth I've got a 3.X ratio, uploaded over 1TB including 25+ torrents of my own that were popular, 100+ comments and posts, etc. Nobody notices though because there are always those guys who have been there for 2 years or upload 5 0day releases every morning, etc. So I think it would be nearly impossible for the average user.

So without giveaways (like the one I got to Demonoid RIP) I would be downloading passworded archives from The Pirate Bay still....

stoi
02-22-2008, 07:19 PM
I did say in an "ideal World"

i never said it actually happens, even though i think it should work that way.

think of a pyramid scheme, but with no money or the bad things that happen with pyramid schemes lol

VIZFX
02-22-2008, 07:21 PM
Well said stoi. Personally I think we should keep allowing members to do giveaways and requests and I'm pretty sure it will stay this way. What it will come down to is that the inviters will need to have more strict rules and carefully check out the person they choose to give an invite to. I've gotten my "higher" level trackers through invites so I make sure I pay the my inviter back by keeping a good account. People need to stop trying to get everything they see, and concentrated on what they actually use.

RealitY
02-22-2008, 07:23 PM
Well do the members that have invites on private trackers also frequent open sites like BitSoup looking for those to give invites to. Think quite often members that are both at private trackers swap with each other. They know theyre not dealing with a n00b that way perhaps. Though how do they meet each other if theyre not on the same site to begin with. Well your guess is as good as mine now...

SgtMajor
02-22-2008, 07:26 PM
Ask yourself, what are you doing giveaways for, and who really is the beneficiary of that giveaway, the person giving and getting himself in the limelight, the person requesting for any number of reasons?

We really have to get out of this mentality of anyone requesting an invite by opening a thread and asking for a tracker invite is a beggar, that really annoys me, hopefully at least he has done some homework on that tracker, and if I see a good request then all the better, why is a requester a beggar?? Much more deserving of an invite than a pathetic response "plze gimme that for my xxxxxx" in a giveaway thread?

stoi, I've tried just that at BitSoup and nobody has invited me anywhere since I joined like 4 months ago. That may be partly due to the fact that they don't allow you to even mention another site on there...

I think its easy to suggest, but much different in reality for us noobs who don't have a friend to invite us to some cool trackers. I think friends + trading is where a lot of invites go rather than being given away to some random person like myself.

Awwww, Can I be your /special/ friend?

ideto
02-22-2008, 07:26 PM
give away to trusted friend you know, not in public giveawya to every cheater has a chance.

dunson
02-22-2008, 07:28 PM
I did say in an "ideal World"

i never said it actually happens, even though i think it should work that way.

think of a pyramid scheme, but with no money or the bad things that happen with pyramid schemes lol

Of course, of course. I only meant to add a noobs perspective to that of someone who runs what I hear is a great tracker.

:)

Ask yourself, what are you doing giveaways for, and who really is the beneficiary of that giveaway, the person giving and getting himself in the limelight, the person requesting for any number of reasons?

We really have to get out of this mentality of anyone requesting an invite by opening a thread and asking for a tracker invite is a beggar, that really annoys me, hopefully at least he has done some homework on that tracker, and if I see a good request then all the better, why is a requester a beggar?? Much more deserving of an invite than a pathetic response "plze gimme that for my xxxxxx" in a giveaway thread?

Awwww, Can I be your /special/ friend?

haha Of course. I trust anyone with a mustache. :lol:

stoi
02-22-2008, 07:33 PM
well bitsoup was just one name i pulled at random, ive never been a member there so havnt a clue how it works, but i presume it has a ratio system, and forums/comments.

so if you do "frequent" there, which is the way it should be done imo you can see the good the bad and the noobs anyway.

btw i have nothing at all against noobs, we all had to start somewhere, i crashed doncax server by uploading the rar for quake and not a torrent when i first started out 5 years ago.

if you giveaway on here, you dont know who they are, if you giveaway on trackers, doesnt matter if they are lvl 1 or 10 you can get an idea of what the member is like, and what content they desire the most.

obviously someone that just downloads movies, your not going to invite to bcg, and someone that just downloads games your not going to invite to waffles.

I know what im saying goes against the grain of FST, but why giveaway on here, when you can do it on a tracker.

grimms
02-22-2008, 07:36 PM
sorry for doing that but I had many giveaways lately and each one I saw the same word
"please I need it"
"pleas that one is good for my study"
"I looking for along time to that one"
the same shit over and over

but lets see in real how much they "realy" want it
p.s
what you going to see its only little exmple, there is more

bluelabel? Only giveaway invites to people you can trust and know (even if you only know them through the internet). Also get some direct proof links as well. It does get annoying. I have invited a few people, to only see that they downloaded nothing. It pisses me off more then anything, especially after saying they couldn't live without an invite to that particular site. That you just happened to have an invite too. It's tough man i know...Just use your better judgement as best as you can.

SgtMajor
02-22-2008, 07:38 PM
I know what im saying goes against the grain of FST, but why giveaway on here, when you can do it on a tracker.

haha, I uploaded an AVI file instead of the torrent file once, crashed the torrent site as well :)

As for inviting within torrent sites, some allow it, dome don't, but most are very insular and you can't get a rounded idea of what is what, if all tracker site forums had an area for offers & wants of invites, then it might work, but then here would be dead, swings & roundabouts, and I doubt anything will change.

stoi
02-22-2008, 07:41 PM
well in answer to that.

We "did" have a forum for offers/requests, but a lot of sites complained about it.

so i asked why.

most resounding answer was that they would rather it was done through PMs to trusted users, than open to PU and above.

I am not saying every tracker is like that, but these were some of the big name trackers that im talking about.

grimms
02-22-2008, 08:07 PM
That's true.

totally agree.we shouldn't give accounts away

HAHA everyone knows my stance on this. Should I go into my 6 pages of anti-trade rants?:yikes::pizza::guinesssm

Jon

Do it privately to members you think(Hopefully in your mind it's really, I know I can trust) you can trust, has a proven track record(Could be hard, but is not if you really do your research). I no longer do giveaway's due to some of my accounts getting disabled and also due to "Good members" here and on other trackers frowning upon it. Requests are fine though, I see no harm in that. You just have to use your better judgement.

well maybe you have not made a good enough impression lol

i think the main problem is, members tend to forget their roots, they forget where they had to start from, so as soon as they get a lvl 4-5 or more, they never ever go back to places like bitsoup to keep the ball rolling, which in turn tends to have another knock on effect for members like you, who are trying to "get up the ladder" for want of a better term.

I do see that happening alot. You just have to "Remember" where you came from. It is important to giveback (To those deserving members). It could be challenging at times. It's like a person who grew up broke, then got a good paying job or hit the lottery, now they have all this money and forget their friends, where they came from, and in some cases their own family. Always remember where you cam from. Me i came from Oink and now FST(My second coming).

take5
02-22-2008, 08:40 PM
I can understand your disppointment bluelabel but that's life.
Sometimes you meet good sometimes you meet bad guys.
At the end of the day if you feel good with yourself it's ok.

I tottaly agree with stoi we are forgetting our roots.
But it's not only about collecting at least not for the new ones.
We really don't know our needs so when I had bitsoup, I wanted TB,
now I'm curious about TL, tommorow I try to get into SCT and etc.
I believe fatcat when he says that if you are member in a good 0-day
tracker you don't really need another one even if it's a rare one.
But I want to try another to learn by myself which one is better for me.
It's called curiocity and it is normal.
Although cat doesn't like it ;)

grimms
02-22-2008, 08:48 PM
Very true. Just cherish what you already have most of them are the same(some of them are exceptionally, not always just for content either). UG is level 1 (do i hate thoses) but i couldn't live without it.

BlueLabel
02-22-2008, 09:29 PM

Jon

well I dont know what you saw but I saw many collectors that fill req's, collectors are collectors and they will try to touch any tracker they want.

here is some prove to you
what is the most req trackers???
all the high lv
FTN, SCT, NB, TT.....
90% of the req are those tracker that I mention

once in a while you see low lv req

Defy
02-23-2008, 12:08 AM
Personally, I really hate the "I need" approach when people ask for trackers. Hey, guess what?! Ya don't "need" anything... wanting it is another matter.

1000possibleclaws
02-23-2008, 12:36 AM
just over half the invites i've given out since i've started have gone unused (and sometimes disabled for inactivity depending on the tracker) and i've given over 100.

dunson
02-23-2008, 12:42 AM
Wow that's pretty sad. I would hate to see that happen if I ever have invites to give out...

I don't know why someone would accept something rare that they had no intention to use in a sharing community. It seems antithetical to the fundamental principles of filesharing.

stoi
02-23-2008, 12:44 AM
they want it because it is rare, they get there and see that a lower level tracker is just as good if not better and never use it.

SpiderPig
02-23-2008, 12:46 AM
Welcome to FileSharingTalk, kind sir. If you decide to continue sharing invites to these tracker collectors, I'd like to wish you luck.

dunson
02-23-2008, 12:50 AM
they want it because it is rare, they get there and see that a lower level tracker is just as good if not better and never use it.

I guess that makes sense. I'm curious about a few trackers that are smaller and more focused, but I guess you're right that I don't really know if they are any good let alone which one might be the best for me to seek. But still, if I got into a "better" tracker I'd think that they'd be smaller and have less noobs around, so I'd definitely use it to supplement my media cravings.

jonny81985
02-23-2008, 12:55 AM

Jon

well I dont know what you saw but I saw many collectors that fill req's, collectors are collectors and they will try to touch any tracker they want.

here is some prove to you
what is the most req trackers???
all the high lv
FTN, SCT, NB, TT.....
90% of the req are those tracker that I mention

once in a while you see "ow lv req

My point is rare or not rare it really doesnt matter. I firmly believe this whole public giveaway thing is to bring attention to yourself (not u specifically, just people who do giveaways) Personally I just think it's better to offer help to people and involve yourself in good healthy conversation on the forums here. If you have invites my opinion is wait until someone requests that tracker. Dont post in the thread but do some research into their past. If u are happy with that you see, then make contact with them via pm. Maybe ask them a few questions, get a feel for whether they deserve it or not and then decide whether they want it or not.

My biggest problem is with people who do giveaways and then in their req's say "I have given a lot here so now I want to ask for x tracker. I give sct and blah blah. Well u get the point, people who give to recieve.

IMO just do it privately to help some good guys out :)

Jon

Nemrod
02-23-2008, 12:58 AM
I made about 3 giveaways, and always the same script you tell.
Then I tried other way: to select the invitee when I saw somebody looked like he deserved. I must say that i got frustrated again.
The last try was "trusted" members... the worst experience of all, maybe because I thought it was a safe way, but it doesnīt.

Of course, I must say that we are talking about the high number of users who disappoint the inviters, but itīs also true, at least in my case, that Iīve received great satisfactions and they became extraordinary users, unfortunately this is in a very little number.

stoi
02-23-2008, 01:05 AM
the other problem is.

1 tracker to you might be your gold mine, the same tracker to someone else might as well be their toilet.

there are lots of factors someone might not like a tracker.

too many users
not enough users
not enough torrents
too many torrents
wait times
# of seedboxes
how hard and even how easy it is to keep a ratio
the staff, being to strict or not strict enough
community full of e-penis members, not enough e-penis members
themes that they dont like.
waiting for freeleech and X2 upload.

the list goes on and on and on.

GoldStoNe
02-23-2008, 03:03 AM
just over half the invites i've given out since i've started have gone unused (and sometimes disabled for inactivity depending on the tracker) and i've given over 100.

Woh, more than half of the invites go unused! What a waste. I've invited someone to bitme. It's been 2 weeks and he has yet to use it.. I'm beginning to have second thoughts about making my first giveaway..

My point is rare or not rare it really doesnt matter. I firmly believe this whole public giveaway thing is to bring attention to yourself (not u specifically, just people who do giveaways)

My biggest problem is with people who do giveaways and then in their req's say "I have given a lot here so now I want to ask for x tracker. I give sct and blah blah. Well u get the point, people who give to recieve.

I agree that some do giveaways just to boost their rep points so that they can get into better trackers. I notice some requires a minimum number of rep points. So a lot are tempted to giveaway low level trackers (even if some are open for signups). 1 rep point for giving say bitsoup (the most used example :)) is the same as 1 rep point for giving away an invite to say ScT.

----
I agree with stoi. Also I notice that a lot of people are merely curious about the high-level trackers so many people are asking for. The demand would certainly arouse interest, interest then desire. I wonder why so many people want ScT or FTN. The only way to peek what's inside is to join thru invites. [I doubt someone would share his account details just for you to check it out]. Since the main goal for some is just to satisfy the curiosity, joining a high-level tracker is their ultimate goal, and not really using it. Hence, the account is left unused. Just my thoughts. :)

BlueLabel
02-23-2008, 05:12 AM
most people who ask for trackers such FTN SCT is only because they want to look "strong" at the tracker wrold
I know many people that have SCT and cannot use it, cause tracker like SCT requires box and if you dont have one its only metter of time untill you will be band
but still they acting as big shoot -"oh look at me I have FTN I'm playing in the big boys court now"
so most of it its only to look important

grimms
02-23-2008, 05:19 AM
most people who ask for trackers such FTN SCT is only because they want to look "strong" at the tracker wrold
I know many people that have SCT and cannot use it, cause tracker like SCT requires box and if you dont have one its only metter of time untill you will be band
but still they acting as big shoot -"oh look at me I have FTN I'm playing in the big boys court now"
so most of it its only to look important

I disagree with you not all. I don't have a seedbox my ratio on ScT is around 50.000 with around 70GB ul and 2GB dl. No seedbox. I haven't been banned. So i would correct or edit some of your post (I'm just speaking from personal experience) It's about how long you seed your torrents for. I have been seeding the same torrents from sct, for about 4 months straight now, some small and others large. It's all about how much and how long you seed back.

Night0wl
02-23-2008, 05:39 AM
The whole asking for speed tests is bullshit. Some of the best users have crap upload. So they don't seed to 15.0 ratio taking away other people chances of keeping ratio, but unlike the ones that seed to 15.0, they do their best in most cases.

As for public giveaways, I never do them. If I give someone an invite here, it's someone that has made an impression. Whether it's a direct request in the invites section, or just a quality post in the bittorrent section where the want/need for a tracker gets mentioned.

Ask for direct profile links.
Look at snatch list, how long they have been a member, maybe even activity in the forum, or just torrent comments which prove character.

I have had a few bad invitees as well, but the majority actually use the tracker I have invited them to.

BTW I have also been a bad invitee on one or two trackers and the reason was lack of research before asking for it, and when I got it I saw I didn't really want it.

krunktastic
02-23-2008, 05:46 AM
The whole asking for speed tests is bullshit. Some of the best users have crap upload. So they don't seed to 15.0 ratio taking away other people chances of keeping ratio, but unlike the ones that seed to 15.0, they do their best in most cases.

As for public giveaways, I never do them. If I give someone an invite here, it's someone that has made an impression. Whether it's a direct request in the invites section, or just a quality post in the bittorrent section where the want/need for a tracker gets mentioned.

Ask for direct profile links.
Look at snatch list, how long they have been a member, maybe even activity in the forum, or just torrent comments which prove character.

I have had a few bad invitees as well, but the majority actually use the tracker I have invited them to.

BTW I have also been a bad invitee on one or two trackers and the reason was lack of research before asking for it, and when I got it I saw I didn't really want it.

This.

And:

Most people who say that the don't believe in rarity really DO. Plenty of people would rather have SweDVDr over TDC or ScT over SCC. The fact of the matter is that people who care about rarity will, and more sensible people won't. I can tell within 30 seconds of chatting with someone whether or not I will invite them anywhere.

grimms
02-23-2008, 06:05 AM
Have to agree with you their. I should of used better judgement as far as doing invite giveaway's versus just pm'ing a member who i felt like made an impression on me and actually deserves an invite(Something i do now of course).

Only 20 percent of fst members, are worthy or trust worthy enough of 80 percent of the bt trackers being offered.

Only 20 percent of fst members, can be trusted 80 percent of the time.

Only 20 percent of fst members, actually use 80 percent of the trackers their a member of.

80/20 rule is what i go by.

If I have 80 percent or more faith in you, then you left a good impression. Which happens only about 20 percent of the time on fst.

Roxxy
02-23-2008, 06:23 AM

Why do people need Freebies when there's a Heap of open sign ups..

Not long ago I got into Blackcats and RevTT....recently it was pisexy.

Trackers of that calibre are very rich for my blood,....

I really don't need much else....

Why risk your arse to lose ure account inviting peeps u don't know....:dabs:

grimms
02-23-2008, 06:58 AM
Some members feel like giving away invites is the only way to be respected (I never thought this way) I just like helping people. Others Probably gave away invites to be noticed, and hopeful that the'll get something better in return (Invite to a higher level tracker). I myself now see the dangers in giving away invites for free (Even with using the better of my judgement). Roxxy, I wouldn't of lost one or two good accounts if i listened to that advice long ago (Helping people in the way of giveaway's) is not always regarded as smart or the best thing to do. Thats my four pennies, now subtract two and thats= my two cents(or sense).

BlueLabel
02-23-2008, 08:13 AM
but the all thing is to share
the sad part is that i don't see any reson to share it anymore
people just want everything
sucks

jelll
02-23-2008, 09:29 AM
but the all thing is to share
the sad part is that i don't see any reson to share it anymore
people just want everything
sucks

people are greedy. it's human nature.

Sanka113
02-23-2008, 09:54 AM
We'll i haven't read all 8 pages of this thread but i'm gonna post anyways HAHA!

For trackers like bitme,kg and other specialized trackers, the tracker often isn't what people expect it to be. They think a tracker is this and that and once they're invited they find out the tracker doesn't really fit their needs .

Also, alot of people on here are newer to trackers and try to join whatever trackers that they think are good. They don't necessarily collect because they want every tracker on the map, or are trying to collect the best trackers to enhance their ego, but they are trying to figure out what trackers are worth their time buffering. The only way to do this is:
1. Do a crapload of research
2. Experience what trackers are best for you personally

Once the person is more experienced and have found out which trackers they really do need they tend to be better users. I'd say go with some of the more experienced fst users that should know what they want and fulfill their needs if it's a level3 or higher tracker. For the lesser known people that want an invite quiz them and see if their needs are tangible before giving them the invite. Ok i'm done now! :)

stoi
02-23-2008, 01:58 PM
I am thinking about this from a trackers standpoint, now wht im suggesting will probably never happen anywhere, we still dont have invites never mind what im about to suggest lol.

You invite someone, it opens up the site for them but they cant use it for 24 hours (or until they say yes i want in anyway), if after 24 hours they have not said yes, then they dont get in and you get your invite back.

that way the invitee can browse the tracker and the forums, and see if its for them or not, if it is aign up, if not, then dont.

problem is people are impatient, so they will get in and say yes within 2 minutes, and then wont use the site anyway lol so a waste of coding, but it might work.

WarrenBuffet
02-23-2008, 03:08 PM
my 30 ish bit-hdtv invitees seem to be coming along pretty well.

jasperr
02-23-2008, 03:10 PM
personally i think that they don't use the accounts simply because they are waiting for the right trade offers... :whistling

take5
02-23-2008, 04:03 PM
In an ideal world stoi your idea would help a lot of people

Roxxy
02-23-2008, 04:53 PM
my 30 ish bit-hdtv invitees seem to be coming along pretty well.

With respect.....ure 31st invitee...could cost you your account...

To date

I have lost Pisexy,...Oink,...Bitmetv accounts, and a few others which escape my mind,

due to cheaters....:blink:

NorBis
02-23-2008, 05:40 PM
Well said jonny, well said.

kokas
02-23-2008, 11:10 PM
I always use all the trackers i get and i have a great ratio on all of them. So i don't think it's fair to stop giveaways, because there's always potencially good members that really need the invites.

GoldStoNe
02-24-2008, 03:07 PM
I am thinking about this from a trackers standpoint, now wht im suggesting will probably never happen anywhere, we still dont have invites never mind what im about to suggest lol.

You invite someone, it opens up the site for them but they cant use it for 24 hours (or until they say yes i want in anyway), if after 24 hours they have not said yes, then they dont get in and you get your invite back.

that way the invitee can browse the tracker and the forums, and see if its for them or not, if it is aign up, if not, then dont.

problem is people are impatient, so they will get in and say yes within 2 minutes, and then wont use the site anyway lol so a waste of coding, but it might work.

I like your idea. Hope other trackers would implement it. Most of the time people are just curious about the site. They should be given an opportunity to check out the site if it suits their need/wants before committing to it.