PDA

View Full Version : Metal Gear Solid 2

supro
08-02-2003, 04:41 AM
Has anyone played this game yet on PC? I download that huge 3 GB file off of BitTorrent and it came up to be over 7 GB after uncompressing it. But when I played it, noticed the graphics suck BIG TIME! The controls aren't PC friendly at all! I wonder what's there in the huge 7 GB package!

Stonecoldfreak1
08-02-2003, 05:37 AM
i dont like the game at all really... didnt like splinter cell much either but they are good enough for a rental for me

toddiscool
08-02-2003, 05:42 AM
I have been hearin this and I am quite surprised and disapointed. I did hear that the controls were shit? does anyone know if it supports the PS joy? On the contrary to your post I did hear quite a bit of good from the graphics. I have been meaning to get it but for some reason i can not find the torrent on supernove, under pc games there is nothing there but a kids game section. I think that it might be the mirror that I am getting but i cannot get a diffrent one.

Hey man if you dont mind I would appreciate it if you could email me the torrent file? If you still have it. If it is small like most (under a meg) send it to addy removed if it is a big torrent file then if someone could send it to addy removed, if not no biggie i just cannot find it on there.

SniperInTheShadows
08-02-2003, 06:27 AM
I agree that the control's suck bad, they really should have put more thought into them and enabled some mouse control (i've not tried it with any pad's yet as i've not got one so can't comment on that if they work lol).

However, I find the graphic's to be excellent for the most part (they're on par with the PS2 version, except for during the intro where they seem jumpy and also the car's on the bridge look like they're in a tornado lol) :-)

I'm pretty sure the torrent file is still available on Suprnova if you click on the "Games" menu and wait for it to load then look under the PC section, just reload the page once or twice if you don't have any luck first time and if still nothing then just have a look around and i'm sure it'll turn up else where on a torrent site or on Kazaa sometime :-)

Sniper

toddiscool
08-02-2003, 06:34 AM
I know that it should be there, but the page that I get it is just not there. See below for the section of pc games.

http://home.cogeco.ca/~tgriffin2/supernova.GIF

No matter how much I refresh it. I cant figure out why that is?

Anyways I have found it on direct connect, but there are tree ways it is shared and it would take forever to get all the right files, cuz it is hard to tell them apart. So I was just hopping that someon could hook me up with the torrent.

Cygnuz-Y
08-02-2003, 06:38 AM
Im dl the game and can somebody tell me if its worth the wait 'cuz in 3 days all i got is 12% should i wait or should i quit the dl

Is the game good enough to keep DL

DarthInsinuate
08-02-2003, 08:39 AM
i'd expect the controls to suck quite alot - the PS2 version depends heavily on having fully analog buttons, and last time i checked a keyboard doesn't do that

SniperInTheShadows
08-02-2003, 01:55 PM
You have a PM toddiscool :-) (Also, have you tried clearing your browser cache? You should be able to see alot of games under the PC section at Suprnova)

Cygnuz-Y, if you've played the first game, and your willing to take a bit of time getting used to keyboard control's that are a bit tricky at first, then i'd say yes it's worth the download IMO, but that's just my opinion so don't go shooting me if you don't like it if you download it lol :-)

DarthInsinuate, they suck bad at first, but once you get used to them they're not so bad :-) I've never been able to get used to the analog pad's for the Playstation and PS2 for most game's, the only one's I can use them with are football ('soccer' to those of you that life in other countries that have variation's on the meaning of 'foot'ball ;-) ) and those game's are perfect with them :-)

Sniper.

toddiscool
08-02-2003, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by SniperInTheShadows@2 August 2003 - 14:55
You have a PM toddiscool :-) (Also, have you tried clearing your browser cache? You should be able to see alot of games under the PC section at Suprnova)

Ya I have. It is weird cuz there is pc games but they ae mixed in micellanous and the dream cast games. I cant figure it out, but i know that it sucks. But thanks man you are th shit.

toddiscool
08-04-2003, 02:05 AM
Bumping this up for solution to controls problem, Seach google for super PS joy. This does not work on most games but does on meatal gera solid 2. I just installed (thanks to sniper) and the controls were horrible, but with a real play staion controller. Decent enough. I got mine for like 10 bucks canadian so you guys should be able to pick it up cheap enough.

Smith
08-04-2003, 02:42 AM
mgs2 dosnt work with ati cards. also mgs2 has a hugh amound of high rez movies in it. i read about it in pc gamer. not compatable with ati cards. and the graphix looked nice in the screens

Busyman
08-04-2003, 03:08 AM
Don't most of you have a PS2? Why do people play such old games on PC when they've played them on a console :blink: ? Take Vice City; what's the point? What's new? An extra level? Wow a new weapon? :lol:

toddiscool
08-04-2003, 04:18 AM
Well i do not own a PS2, and the reason that I dont is because I prefer the PC. Not gonna start a console vs. PC war here. Ever heard of a mod? that makes shit pretty new does it not?
As long as you can use a decent controler, or the controls are decent moreover, then I prefer it on a PC.

Cygnuz-Y
08-04-2003, 01:23 PM
I have PS2 but PC games have such better graphix and can be updated via patches and modZ that's why i love PC games by the way i already own Metal Gear Solid 2 on PS2 but im downloading the PC so i can play the VR missions and all the extras SUBSTANCE has...