PDA

View Full Version : torrentswift seedboxes?

filonome
02-22-2008, 08:20 PM
i see the ad at the top of the pages here, and i am wondering about them

good prices and the level of performance i require cus im not an uploader, just a casual downloader...but what do they run?

it is just a torrentflux box or is it a straight up vps with root access on linux...or is it a vps with admin access on windows?

if anyone knows any more information about them please let me know...their site is lacking.

fatcat69
02-22-2008, 08:41 PM
i see the ad at the top of the pages here, and i am wondering about them

good prices and the level of performance i require cus im not an uploader, just a casual downloader...but what do they run?

it is just a torrentflux box or is it a straight up vps with root access on linux...or is it a vps with admin access on windows?

if anyone knows any more information about them please let me know...their site is lacking.

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-43/t-whats-going-here-bt-section-279912#post2684309

Guys I so called this happening.

To the OP:
All servers are connected to a 100mb/s line, and you can expect burstable speeds on your torrents of up to 5000kb/s.

That is crap, anyone here with experience using seedboxes can tell you that this con job by whoever has is allowing it, is just trying to make money of users like you, who are not aware of the market value of such things.

The price for what you get is a joke, the fact that they allow x number of torrents at a time, most likely means they are running torrent flux and you are sharing your connection with who knows how many users.

Whoever made that site should be ashamed for trying to con new users into prices/specs such as those.

Search the forum for reputable dedicated server providers or Virtual private Server providers and you can get for a cheaper price unlimited torrents, unlimited bandwidth, and a more reputable company.

For your needs Id recommend a virtual private server, hosting-ie has good priced servers. Their raptor series specifically, I know of about 8 people who use their VPS and about 10 other people who use their dedicated servers and they have had no issues with them.

Dont do this nonsense at the top of the page.

Medooooo
02-22-2008, 09:09 PM
Can we pay in anyway but paypal ?

briand5379
02-22-2008, 10:01 PM
Looks a little expensive. Definitely better offers out there.

Bleacher
02-22-2008, 10:27 PM
Looks a little expensive. Definitely better offers out there.

Yeah they are quite expensive.

Shop around