PDA

View Full Version : Is it safe?

alwin007
02-23-2008, 01:22 AM
Hi..
I am just wondering if its safe to post screenshots of accounts over here? reason why i ask is some memeber hide their account name and other informations in the screenshots . Could anyone help me understand why its been done please.

pro267
02-23-2008, 01:34 AM
People are hiding their screenies because they do not wish to be located, with tracker staff usually at mind. Their reasons for wanting to hide might be related to one or more of the following:

1) They're violating tracker rules, e.g. trading forbidden invites/accounts etc.
2) They do not trust tracker staff. Some sites (x264 comes to mind) disapprove of their members being members on FST to the point that they'll actually disable your account for that reason alone.
3) Scammers are known to use other people's screenshots to lure other into trading with them.
4) Security considerations.

If none of these reasons concerns you then there's no need to hide your information.

Tokeman
02-23-2008, 02:30 AM
well as he said, an unedited screen shot can lead to an admin/mod of a tracker knowing exactly who you are there, and that could be bad
The other bad thing is people will know your username. depending on the tracker, some people out there may try to crack your account.

pone44
02-23-2008, 03:12 AM
i agree.... In giveaways nobody can pm screens for big -'s.But showing username n tracker could get it hacked - if other reasons disabled(i do not trade!)

well as he said, an unedited screen shot can lead to an admin/mod of a tracker knowing exactly who you are there, and that could be bad
The other bad thing is people will know your username. depending on the tracker, some people out there may try to crack your account.

Dark Archon
02-23-2008, 03:40 AM
Pics need to be edited especially for higher trackers as you have a higher chance of losing them.

fazzy07
02-23-2008, 04:36 AM
Its always safe to hide part of your profile in screenies

CatDogMan
02-23-2008, 06:23 AM
Yeah, juts post what you need to and blur out the name, ratio, etc

fOrUmAs
02-23-2008, 06:53 AM
Hi..
I am just wondering if its safe to post screenshots of accounts over here? reason why i ask is some memeber hide their account name and other informations in the screenshots . Could anyone help me understand why its been done please.

yes it is safe is someone need to proof that u are good member,yes they hide names becuase some sites dont like this and he could be banned for this..

:)

Something Else
02-23-2008, 06:59 AM
Post all your screens now. Don't edit anything out. You will be fine. These fellaz are just paranoid from too many drugs. :snooty:

grimms
02-23-2008, 07:01 AM
Post all your screens now. Don't edit anything out. You will be fine. These fellaz are just paranoid from too many drugs. :snooty:

:P:whistling

SgtMajor
02-23-2008, 07:10 AM
Hi..

All your screenies are belong to me.

grimms
02-23-2008, 07:15 AM
J/k It's just a security measure, you have scammers, hackers, traders, and any other bad suspecting people(members) to look out for. If your feeling liberal, then it shouldn't be a problem (Through pm of course).

SgtMajor
02-23-2008, 07:25 AM
And if you have a really good screenie, then someone will nick it and use it elsewhere for their own nefarious means.

If you must, reply with "can I PM you my unblanked screenies as I prefer to retain as much privacy as I can" Any good member worth their salt will always agree to this request.

And screenies mean nothing, they are worth less than dog shit.

zedex
02-23-2008, 09:11 AM
i had some hackers login into the irc of some trackers with my username .....that really pissed me off

Swordfish
02-23-2008, 02:59 PM
Nothing is safe on the internet :P

I'd avoid posting any screens at all unless absolutely necessary, and then with the most minimal of detail included.

Better safe than sorry.

Tokeman
02-23-2008, 04:17 PM
And if you have a really good screenie, then someone will nick it and use it elsewhere for their own nefarious means.

If you must, reply with "can I PM you my unblanked screenies as I prefer to retain as much privacy as I can" Any good member worth their salt will always agree to this request.

And screenies mean nothing, they are worth less than dog shit.
agree completely. I normally ask them to PM me for good member proof, and give them my profile ID for whatever site(s) they belong to, so they can check it out and PM me to prove its me.

alwin007
02-24-2008, 09:15 AM
Hey thanks to you all , it makes sense! I been such a fool :-( Now i need some help here to delete few post... is it possible?