PDA

View Full Version : So I just got an FTN acct...

Argyle
02-23-2008, 10:39 AM
Can i change the mail and/or password without getting banned?

singing_sol
02-23-2008, 10:42 AM
heehee :D if that would have been so eaasy u won't have got that invite

Argyle
02-23-2008, 10:43 AM
I didnt get an invite, i got an acct

singing_sol
02-23-2008, 10:45 AM
thats what man try not to do so or else consequences could be too good to be true and yeah why don't u ask the FTN staff to help u lol :D :P

Brandon
02-23-2008, 11:19 AM
Enjoy it for the short time you have it bro ;)

Argyle
02-23-2008, 11:26 AM
Sorry, I dont mean to get into your site in such a way, but I've been trying to get in there a while. I'm a good member and I always seed back more than I download, so if you try to find me by looking for a new leecher, that wont be the way to do it :happy:

bunny67
02-23-2008, 11:36 AM
Sorry, I dont mean to get into your site in such a way, but I've been trying to get in there a while. I'm a good member and I always seed back more than I download, so if you try to find me by looking for a new leecher, that wont be the way to do it :happy:oh he will find you ,that account you got will get disabled soon as you log in if not by the end of the day

Brandon
02-23-2008, 11:48 AM
I'm a good member and I always seed back more than I download, so if you try to find me by looking for a new leecher, that wont be the way to do it :happy:

Yea everyone says that :rolleyes:

Were you blood by any chance? Cuz that dude just got canned and he was seeding like 40 torrents :)

SCR
02-23-2008, 11:55 AM
Can i change the mail and/or password without getting banned?
Tell the username to Brandon . He can change the mail for you i am sure he will do it gladly :shifty:
P.S Brandon you made a thread in the music section .(maybe u find some good sugestions in that thread)

Brandon
02-23-2008, 11:56 AM
P.S Brandon you made a thread in the music section .(maybe u find some good sugestions in that thread)

oh sweet I had forgotten all about it. thanks for reminding me :)

How is comcast treating you argyle?

bikernin
02-23-2008, 12:00 PM
hey brandon, help out the poor dude. ..:P

SCR
02-23-2008, 12:02 PM
I got it now ..seems like the OP already found the help he wanted :lol:

Brandon
02-23-2008, 12:03 PM

Sorry i don`t get this . I am not on comcast if u are reffering at the ISP.

Last part was aimed at the OP ;)

Artemis
02-23-2008, 12:05 PM

Sorry i don`t get this . I am not on comcast if u are reffering at the ISP.

Brandon is talking to the OP about being a comcast user, but since we all
knew this would be one of the shortest a/c's on record after announcing it
here it's time for another random pic me thinks :naughty:

http://xs124.xs.to/xs124/08086/pwned210597.jpg (http://xs.to)

bikernin
02-23-2008, 12:12 PM
pic right on queue :yup:

slau
02-23-2008, 12:14 PM
I loled irl

Argyle
02-23-2008, 12:16 PM
meh, in retrospect, posting this thread probably wasnt the smartest thing...however i guess it's ok: by the looks of some of the other peers (people taking advantage of no ratio) I would have been a better member than them. I thought "everyone" had a seedbox there lol :rolleyes: I guess rarity isnt everything

Dark Archon
02-23-2008, 12:16 PM
I dare the OP to tell us how he got the account? :P

Argyle
02-23-2008, 12:17 PM
Seedbox access

SCR
02-23-2008, 12:18 PM
meh, in retrospect, posting this thread probably wasnt the smartest thing...however i guess it's ok: by the looks of some of the other peers (people taking advantage of no ratio) I would have been a better member than them. I thought "everyone" had a seedbox there lol :rolleyes: I guess rarity isnt everything
Meh ... i don`t know why but from the moment i saw your thread all i could think off was this
:Europe -" The Final Countdown "

Brandon
02-23-2008, 12:18 PM

No hard feelings. Truth is, you probably are a good user. However, you also have a history of trading (i has good sources). I'm sorry but I don't like traders :O

btw, making this post didn't do anything in regards to your acct. I check traded accts on a daily basis. I would have found you anyways.

PRINCE
02-23-2008, 12:20 PM
lol
you are Smart man :yup::yup::yup:
but only few hours
ur account will:angel1:

Argyle
02-23-2008, 12:24 PM

No hard feelings. Truth is, you probably are a good user. However, you also have a history of trading (i has good sources). I'm sorry but I don't like traders :O

btw, making this post didn't do anything in regards to your acct. I check traded accts on a daily basis. I would have found you anyways.
I understand. You guys have your rules for good reasons.
As for trading: I havent been a member of the private tracker scene for very long...I did attempt to trade when I was first starting to try to get in (never actually went through with one though, other than seedbox access). Wouldnt have traded FTN anyway though: i'm only after 4 (now 3 :dry:) trackers and i'm set.

Crabtastic
02-23-2008, 12:27 PM
Bad boys, Bad boys - watcha gonna do when they come for u.. :)

Brandon
02-23-2008, 12:28 PM

I understand. I havent been a member of the private tracker scene for very long...I did attempt to trade when I was first starting to try to get in (never actually went through with one though, other than seedbox access). Wouldnt have traded FTN anyway though, i'm only after 4 (now 3 :dry:) trackers and i'm set.

What people say and people do don't always end up on the same page if you know what I mean. FTN isn't just a torrenet site that you can trade/buy your way into. Wish I could trust you, and on different circumstances (like you not cheating your way in) things might have been different.

The Gladiator
02-23-2008, 12:33 PM
So you just got a ban... :P

titofat
02-23-2008, 12:33 PM
lol
you are Smart man :yup::yup::yup:
but only few hours
ur account will:angel1:

+111111

Argyle
02-23-2008, 12:34 PM
I understand. I havent been a member of the private tracker scene for very long...I did attempt to trade when I was first starting to try to get in (never actually went through with one though, other than seedbox access). Wouldnt have traded FTN anyway though, i'm only after 4 (now 3 :dry:) trackers and i'm set.

What people say and people do don't always end up on the same page if you know what I mean. FTN isn't just a torrenet site that you can trade/buy your way into. Wish I could trust you, and on different circumstances (like you not cheating your way in) things might have been different.
lol I guess that's where patience would come in handy, but considering the swarms of people trying to get in there and my lack of it, "cheating" seemed the best option :dabs: :noes:

herohoss8070
02-23-2008, 12:36 PM
:)thanks

Dark Archon
02-23-2008, 12:38 PM

Brandon has a point. The torrenting community is founded upon the concept "sharing is caring", and sharing should be free and torrent sites should not be used as barters in trades or even worse, sales. Torrent sites are visual communities and if you trade your way in, it diminishes the purpose of torrent communities which is essentially, all about making friends and sharing contents to each other.

To the OP, try and be active and helpful around torrent forums and IRC. If you look out for fellow members, people ought to befriend with you and like you. Being personally invited by a friend to a tracker is a totally different feeling than having "traded your way in".

That's my 2 cents.

SCR
02-23-2008, 12:40 PM
lol I guess that's where patience would come in handy, but considering the swarms of people trying to get in there and my lack of it, "cheating" seemed the best option :dabs: :noes:

You couldn`t have been more wrong . This : http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-invites-90/t-req-ftn-280004 and Brandon in a good mood is the best way to do it now.
P.S Brandon how good is the mood you are in exactly ?(good enough or .. maybe next time is better ?)

grimms
02-23-2008, 12:49 PM
Anybody watch that new Knight Rider movie? The last 5 minutes came to mind, when i seen Artemis David Hasseloff pic. Wheres KITT when you need him. To diverge back on topic. Cheating is never the way. It's a permanent n00b mistake. Consider your account lost in the shuffle(Actually someone else is account which is worse). Best advice is to earn it like everyone else, especially when the time is right.

Brandon
02-23-2008, 12:55 PM
Anybody watch that new Knight Rider movie? The last 5 minutes came to mind, when i seen Artemis David Hasseloff pic. Wheres KITT when you need him. To diverge back on topic. Cheating is never the way. It's a permanent n00b mistake. Consider your account lost in the shuffle(Actually someone else is account which is worse).

There's a movie? I watched the pilot for the new tv show (which was good i might add).

You couldn`t have been more wrong . This : http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-invites-90/t-req-ftn-280004 and Brandon in a good mood is the best way to do it now.
P.S Brandon how good is the mood you are in exactly ?(good enough or .. maybe next time is better ?)

Next time :P

Brandon has a point. The torrenting community is founded upon the concept "sharing is caring", and sharing should be free and torrent sites should not be used as barters in trades or even worse, sales. Torrent sites are visual communities and if you trade your way in, it diminishes the purpose of torrent communities which is essentially, all about making friends and sharing contents to each other.

To the OP, try and be active and helpful around torrent forums and IRC. If you look out for fellow members, people ought to befriend with you and like you. Being personally invited by a friend to a tracker is a totally different feeling than having "traded your way in".

That's my 2 cents.

I couldn't have said that any better :P

grimms
02-23-2008, 01:00 PM
There's a movie? I watched the pilot for the new tv show (which was good i might add).

Oh shit.. That was a Television pilot? Thanks for clearing the clouds. Hmmm?? I think the new show has potential. My wife loved the new KITT. It would be bad ass to see the original KITT again though. I apologize folks for going off topic, I do think brandon resolved the OP's issue though.

Brandon
02-23-2008, 01:01 PM
lol argyle nice try

How was the move? ;)

SCR
02-23-2008, 01:05 PM

Oh shit.. That was a Television pilot? Thanks for clearing the clouds. Hmmm?? I think the new show has potential. My wife loved the new KITT. It would be bad ass to see the original KITT again though. I apologize folks for going off topic, I do think brandon resolved the OP's issue though.
Yes it was just a pilot but with good potential. Congratulations for the 5-th star and 2500 post :D.
P.S Brandon patience i have :P (hope u just keep beeing in a good mood)

Argyle
02-23-2008, 01:07 PM
lol argyle nice try

How was the move? ;)
sigh...i thought you were being nice to me. You saw what I said in IRC :\

Brandon
02-23-2008, 01:10 PM
lol argyle nice try

How was the move? ;)

Oh come on, u tried to play me.. Least I could do was make you think you had actually fooled me :P

There's one thing I hate more than a cheater, and that's a liar. You sir just went even lower than b4.

kostnkost
02-23-2008, 01:11 PM
Is this considered 15 minutes of fame, or shame?:bag:

Neo
02-23-2008, 01:15 PM
Closest thing to suicide I've ever seen Argyle. Anyway, I'm sure you'll get there eventually if you are really a good member in your trackers. Just meet people and partipate in tracker's communities.

I'm not a member there so don't think I'm patronising... it's just that I feel it is like that that one day I'll get there as well.

Or when Brandon, who I don't know and you already do ( you already have an advantage... lol ) is really in an extremely good mood!

Argyle
02-23-2008, 01:16 PM

Oh come on, u tried to play me.. Least I could do was make you think you had actually fooled me :P

There's one thing I hate more than a cheater, and that's a liar. You sir just went even lower than b4.
I never lied to you. I was in IRC for two seconds to say thanks and then I left. Look at the logs.

Brandon
02-23-2008, 01:20 PM

I never lied to you. I was in IRC for two seconds to say thanks and then I left. Look at the logs.

[06:00:01] < Trickster123> hey my account has been disabled, can i ask wtf? im moving bloudy houses not swapping accts like then dudes at fst! ive just moved house, and this is my new ip, hence why i emailed a new password to my home email because on the new pc and new connection it didnt have my saved passwords i mean WTF !
[06:00:17] < Trickster123> and iv been disabled
[06:00:20] < Trickster123> wtf!
[06:01:49] < Trickster123> new home, new pc, hence email to remind password hence bloudy new ip!
[06:02:03] < Trickster123> help, i want that account back please, 170gb uploaded on there, and ex uploader
[06:03:34] < Trickster123> explanation, account back, anything?
[06:05:26] < Trickster123> user is British123
[06:06:06] < Trickster123> why ban me, can i get my account back or a reason why i wasbanned, ovvo for dif ip's but ffs i moved house, shudent have to pm a admin to say im movin2 keep my account!!!!!!! HELP
[06:45:19] < Trickster123> k well i g2g ina hour, so i need 2 try and get it sorted soon,
[06:46:35] <~Brandon> u dont have to be all angry
[06:48:37] < Trickster123> but still, kinda all arrg coz the account was priceless for me, i loved ftn
[06:49:49] <~Brandon> u can use it for now
[06:49:59] < Trickster123> k cheers mate
[06:53:00] < British123> Brandon! Thank you very much, i wont let you down :)

Don't tell me you didn't ask him to do that ;)

grimms
02-23-2008, 01:23 PM
Yes it was just a pilot but with good potential. Congratulations for the 5-th star and 2500 post :D.

I don't give a shit about my post count. I put in a request to KFlint to reset it, if possible, if not i'll enjoy the yellow shiny's, but i don't feel better, or higher then anyone else. I'm still such a n00b on FST, that makes a lot of newb mistakes. Thanks for taking notice though.

fisherman
02-23-2008, 01:27 PM
OP u silly boy :noes:

Argyle
02-23-2008, 01:27 PM

[06:00:01] < Trickster123> hey my account has been disabled, can i ask wtf? im moving bloudy houses not swapping accts like then dudes at fst! ive just moved house, and this is my new ip, hence why i emailed a new password to my home email because on the new pc and new connection it didnt have my saved passwords i mean WTF !
[06:00:17] < Trickster123> and iv been disabled
[06:00:20] < Trickster123> wtf!
[06:01:49] < Trickster123> new home, new pc, hence email to remind password hence bloudy new ip!
[06:02:03] < Trickster123> help, i want that account back please, 170gb uploaded on there, and ex uploader
[06:03:34] < Trickster123> explanation, account back, anything?
[06:05:26] < Trickster123> user is British123
[06:06:06] < Trickster123> why ban me, can i get my account back or a reason why i wasbanned, ovvo for dif ip's but ffs i moved house, shudent have to pm a admin to say im movin2 keep my account!!!!!!! HELP
[06:45:19] < Trickster123> k well i g2g ina hour, so i need 2 try and get it sorted soon,
[06:46:35] <~Brandon> u dont have to be all angry
[06:48:37] < Trickster123> but still, kinda all arrg coz the account was priceless for me, i loved ftn
[06:49:49] <~Brandon> u can use it for now
[06:49:59] < Trickster123> k cheers mate
[06:53:00] < British123> Brandon! Thank you very much, i wont let you down :)

Don't tell me you didn't ask him to do that ;)
I didnt ask him to either, he did it of his own accord to try to help me out. I didnt know he was going to say anything of the sort...just all of a sudden he messages me and says that the account is working again and:
Brandon> ah
<~Brandon> i think i know why
<~Brandon> u can use it for now
<Trickster123> k cheers mate

I thought perhaps you had a change of heart, which is why i went in there to thank you :dabs:

commander
02-23-2008, 01:28 PM
Now that he is getting banned can I get an invite?

SCNR ;)

Brandon
02-23-2008, 01:32 PM
I thought perhaps you had a change of heart, which is why i went in there to thank you :dabs:

I'll take your word on that. If that is indeed the case, I'm sorry to have gotten your hopes up, but as I thought you were trying to play dirty it was only instinct to play dirty as well.

I would only assume he did that in order to get his part of the deal as he's pretty much screwed both ways now since he A: lost his FTN acct and B: lost your part of the deal seeing as you no longer have your end of the bargain :P

Argyle
02-23-2008, 01:34 PM

I'll take your word on that. If that is indeed the case, I'm sorry to have gotten your hopes up, but as I thought you were trying to play dirty it was only instinct to play dirty as well.

I would only assume he did that in order to get his part of the deal as he's pretty much screwed both ways now since he A: lost his FTN acct and B: lost your part of the deal seeing as you no longer have your end of the bargain :P
i've already told him he can use the seedbox without it
kids this is what happens when you dont have enough sleep: your brain stops working
lol...i'm going to bed now

WarrenBuffet
02-23-2008, 01:50 PM
why are 20 ppl viewing a conversation between a banned user and brandon?

kostnkost
02-23-2008, 01:54 PM

It's kind of like a train wreck. You don't want to look but you just have to.:naughty:

WarrenBuffet
02-23-2008, 01:55 PM

It's kind of like a train wreck. You don't want to look but you just have to.:naughty:

I feel sorry for this guy. If I were him 'd ask to get this fst acc deleted and make another one.

Neo
02-23-2008, 01:55 PM

Because it's funny zaa!

WarrenBuffet
02-23-2008, 01:56 PM

Because it's funny zaa!

Ahmed047 (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/members/ahmed047-193398), Argyle (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/members/argyle-194016), danio (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/members/danio-184722), Innos (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/members/innos-197942), jaapaap (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/members/jaapaap-109512), kostnkost (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/members/kostnkost-184595), kronos19 (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/members/kronos19-193707), Neo (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/members/neo-174461), nonbeliever (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/members/nonbeliever-180322), pierow (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/members/pierow-144029), Sputnik (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/members/sputnik-192912), wheeloftime (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/members/wheeloftime-140219),

go water your lawns or something. Theres better stuff to do

Ahmed047
02-23-2008, 02:12 PM
Because it's funny zaa!

Ahmed047 (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/members/ahmed047-193398), Argyle (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/members/argyle-194016), danio (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/members/danio-184722), Innos (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/members/innos-197942), jaapaap (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/members/jaapaap-109512), kostnkost (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/members/kostnkost-184595), kronos19 (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/members/kronos19-193707), Neo (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/members/neo-174461), nonbeliever (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/members/nonbeliever-180322), pierow (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/members/pierow-144029), Sputnik (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/members/sputnik-192912), wheeloftime (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/members/wheeloftime-140219),

:whistling:whistling:whistling:whistling:whistling:whistling:whistling:whistling:whistling

Brandon
02-23-2008, 02:15 PM

:lol:

Sylar666
02-23-2008, 02:52 PM

I don't give a shit about my post count. I put in a request to KFlint to reset it, if possible, if not i'll enjoy the yellow shiny's, but i don't feel better, or higher then anyone else. I'm still such a n00b on FST, that makes a lot of newb mistakes. Thanks for taking notice though.
I kinda like You...but 2500 since October is insane. U really had that much to tell? Or like the limelight? Hope no offense made.:naughty:

dunson
02-23-2008, 03:02 PM
What a shame. The OP was a really nice guy to me. Very helpful. :/

Artemis
02-23-2008, 03:06 PM

rules are rules, tearing up the CR agreements also tore up alot of the tracker staffs patience in the process, while the wild wild west of the invites section continues unabated, expect alot more of this, just maybe not so public, but simply put removing the CR agreements leaves the tracker staff to do what they want and they want a/c trading to stop.......

Sputnik
02-23-2008, 03:09 PM
anything that involves leaving the house can never be better than this surely.

Because it's funny zaa!

Cabalo
02-23-2008, 03:16 PM
i dunno, u tell me! i wasn't viewing.
these brandon vs noob threads are kewl! maybe a new section at the board would make life here funnier, like "try to fool ur staff". It would be priceless.

Brandon
02-23-2008, 03:40 PM

rules are rules, tearing up the CR agreements also tore up alot of the tracker staffs patience in the process, while the wild wild west of the invites section continues unabated, expect alot more of this, just maybe not so public, but simply put removing the CR agreements leaves the tracker staff to do what they want and they want a/c trading to stop.......

I'm just getting started, although things could change again from what i've been told, don't know for sure.. Either way I'm sort of having fun tracking people lol :wacko:

~JiSh~
02-23-2008, 04:38 PM
I'm sure it's frustrating for u brandon to track these idiots who share/trade their accounts. I believe removing the change email option might put an end to this somewhat.
What say ?

stitched
02-23-2008, 06:15 PM
i am a nobody to say this but brandon i think he must be given a oppurtunity to use his account atleast he was honest....he did the tough job of getting the account,i know how it feels to get into FTN for the first time after having craved a lot,dont dissapoint him ,u wont be losing anything ,its good to make an exception to rules once in a while....not all those who trade constitute bad members. just this once may be since its sunday you can afford to be generous,there r better things in life where you can have uncompromising standards and ideals

SgtMajor
02-23-2008, 06:35 PM
Some threads are worth reading more than once, this is one of them :)

Just gotta lol sometimes :lol:

KFlint
02-23-2008, 06:44 PM
the virtual suicide tag is quite accurate, couldn't have said better hehehe

Hrvoje
02-23-2008, 06:57 PM
Brandon how about that give me answer once already about my invite that we spoke in pm oO

Cabalo
02-23-2008, 07:26 PM
Brandon how about that give me answer once already about my invite that we spoke in pm oO
yeh, u better push him, why da fuck is he taking so long to invite u ? he shows no appreciation for you !

Hrvoje
02-23-2008, 07:37 PM
Cabalo i know it sounded that way, but it's not...

The Wanderer
02-23-2008, 07:46 PM
Great post and I fully agree with you. :)

I'm sure he was the only trader who got in FTN. ;) :whistling

i am a nobody to say this but brandon i think he must be given a oppurtunity to use his account atleast he was honest....he did the tough job of getting the account,i know how it feels to get into FTN for the first time after having craved a lot,dont dissapoint him ,u wont be losing anything ,its good to make an exception to rules once in a while....not all those who trade constitute bad members. just this once may be since its sunday you can afford to be generous,there r better things in life where you can have uncompromising standards and ideals

Neo
02-23-2008, 07:49 PM
This just gets better and better!

You probably didn't Hrvoje but Cabalo is on a spree today... lol

SgtMajor
02-23-2008, 07:57 PM

I presume you meant "wasn't"

And as for the sentiments of the posts, well, you just don't get it do you, either of you?

It's just another tracker traded to you, isn't it?

So which trades should and should not get in then? The "honest" trader who posted here, or the "dishonest" trader who didn't post? Is there a difference?

Neo
02-23-2008, 08:02 PM
Yes... I think the question here is Principle. If Brandon knows of this he has, of course, no choice but to do what he did no matter how fine OP is.

xJohnxSmithx
02-23-2008, 08:10 PM
Hey argyle
You have been taken advantage of. You're obviously new to this and the dick who gave you the account knew it would be banned. I hope you learn from your mistake. Take the seedbox back. There is only 1 sure way to get and keep good trackers. Make good friends. It takes time, but is well worth it.
cheers

The Wanderer
02-23-2008, 08:11 PM
You presumed wrong. And I'm afraid you don't get it. It's just a tracker and not a matter of life and death. Just take the things lighter and enjoy the real/palpable things in life. You'll find eventually that being a member of a certain rare/elitist site it's not that important, after all. ;)

And as for the sentiments of the posts, well, you just don't get it do you, either of you?

So which trades should and should not get in then? The "honest" trader who posted here, or the "dishonest" trader who didn't post? Is there a difference?

SgtMajor
02-23-2008, 08:14 PM
Bad boys, Bad boys - watcha gonna do when they come for u.. :)

That's very apt, I must dig out that ditty that someone wrote for Brandon on that very same subject using that very same tune.

Sputnik
02-23-2008, 08:16 PM
dont tell him that. his world will fall apart!!

You presumed wrong. And I'm afraid you don't get it. It's just a tracker and not a matter of life and death. Just take the things lighter and enjoy the real/palpable things in life. You'll find eventually that being a member of a certain rare/elitist site it's not that important, after all. ;)

supper
02-23-2008, 08:19 PM
u shouldnt try to get F*N as an account in first place coz ur chances to keep it alive is too low and by creating thread like this u make it even worse for being honest its great thing but belive me its dosent matter for the staffer unfortunately :(

GL though

SgtMajor
02-23-2008, 08:24 PM
dont tell him that. his world will fall apart!!

Fantastic, well thought out responses from our class newbs, keep them coming, you add a tremendous amount to the debate, no, honest, you really do - don't let anyone tell you any different.

Sputnik
02-23-2008, 08:31 PM
thanks man, I aim to please.

why you debating this anyway? kinda obvious no?

The Wanderer
02-23-2008, 08:41 PM
Well, if you look at my post count or my joined date, I am certainly a newbie.

But I admire how quickly you classified me or my posts to be less important, based on higer number of posts you have in this forum.

I'm sure all of them were very insightful and helpful like the ones above.

Well done mate, great job. :yup:

Fantastic, well thought out responses from our class newbs

Hrvoje
02-23-2008, 09:07 PM
well he kinda has a point there SgtMajor :P

stitched
02-23-2008, 09:08 PM

I presume you meant &quot;wasn't&quot;

So which trades should and should not get in then? The &quot;honest&quot; trader who posted here, or the &quot;dishonest&quot; trader who didn't post? Is there a difference?

this might be a little off topic :
well, you just don't get it do you?
what i dont get is... ... at some point in the users life he would think of torrenting as one of the most important thing in his life and would invest a lot of emotions into it,and its really disapointing/disheartning to lose an account at that phase..... its just a suggestion i hope the other sensible admins understand this...i dont have the same interest in torrenting i had a few months before, i think its the same with everyone,people lose interest....it wouldnt hurt to be generous to people by letting them keep what they already have
well you havent traded have you ,if no they probably you dont know what a particular tracker would mean to a particular trader may be it is not just an other tracker traded,dont you think so its possible.....if yes then the trader should be allowed to learn from his own experience which is good and which is bad.
So which trades should and should not get in then? The &quot;honest&quot; trader who posted here, or the &quot;dishonest&quot; trader who didn't post? Is there a difference?
i dont know which trades should or shouldnt get in i guess its up to the admin...i just said what i felt ,and this guy seemed honest i just belived my instincts ...if you r looking for a difference you will find it,if you dont find it :you r not looking hard enough or may be you dont want to see the difference....
and to conclude traders are ok,they might not be sumthing to be proud about in a site,but they definatly are not as bad as most of the people imply...you should know better you have been here longer then me,
i might be wrong.and also its just a virtual not so important world right ,y do you choose to be soo hostile when you can be a lot nicer like i said there r better things in life where you can have uncompromising standards and ideals...SgtMajor:i have seen you post a lot of times one thing which amazes me is the way you r so sure about stuff,people(traders),....like you know everything,you have learnt it all...i will tell you something in the end all we know is we know nothing,thats the only truth (movie:protagonist)there are always bigger and better people then you and me

SgtMajor
02-23-2008, 09:26 PM
I presume you meant &quot;wasn't&quot;

this might be a little off topic :
well, you just don't get it do you?
what i dont get is... ... at some point in the users life he would think of torrenting as one of the most important thing in his life and would invest a lot of emotions into it,and its really disapointing/disheartning to lose an account at that phase..... its just a suggestion i hope the other sensible admins understand this...i dont have the same interest in torrenting i had a few months before, i think its the same with everyone,people lose interest....it wouldnt hurt to be generous to people by letting them keep what they already have
well you havent traded have you ,if no they probably you dont know what a particular tracker would mean to a particular trader may be it is not just an other tracker traded,dont you think so its possible.....if yes then the trader should be allowed to learn from his own experience which is good and which is bad.
i dont know which trades should or shouldnt get in i guess its up to the admin...i just said what i felt ,and this guy seemed honest i just belived my instincts ...if you r looking for a difference you will find it,if you dont find it :you r not looking hard enough or may be you dont want to see the difference....
and to conclude traders are ok,they might not be sumthing to be proud about in a site,but they definatly are not as bad as most of the people imply...you should know better you have been here longer then me,
i might be wrong.and also its just a virtual not so important world right ,y do you choose to be soo hostile when you can be a lot nicer like i said there r better things in life where you can have uncompromising standards and ideals...SgtMajor:i have seen you post a lot of times one thing which amazes me is the way you r so sure about stuff,people(traders),....like you know everything,you have learnt it all...i will tell you something in the end all we know is we know nothing,thats the only truth (movie:protagonist)

Wow - where do I start?

It's not about me, or you, or the OP, it's about the site. I am not hostile, I just post, you take it or leave it, you respond or you don't, you either get my posts or you dislike them. We don't all have to get along, as in real life, but I will always defend the right of reply, including you to have a go at me and make it personal, and if you don't like my response, then fair enough, but never take issue with a style of posting over content. One thing I don't do is lambast a poster for a lack of English skills over the point the poster was making, and if my bluntness annoys you, then ignore it and stay on topic and respond to the post not the poster.

It is the site owners choice that no trades, never ever, get in, no matter the excuse or the reason or the circumstances that the trade happened, good or bad user it makes no difference, it is his site and his rules, we should never circumvent the wishes of the site over a good, even a very good, sob story. We have no rights in that respect. It is not up for discussion to members anywhere to tell a site owner who should and who should not get access to his site, by trading or invite even. If we don't like the rules, then stay away and go elsewhere, there are plenty of choices.

And your last point is correct, none of us know nothing in the grand scheme of things :)

stitched
02-23-2008, 10:13 PM
Wow - where do I start?

It's not about me, or you, or the OP, it's about the site. I am not hostile, I just post, you take it or leave it, you respond or you don't, you either get my posts or you dislike them. We don't all have to get along, as in real life, but I will always defend the right of reply, including you to have a go at me and make it personal, and if you don't like my response, then fair enough, but never take issue with a style of posting over content. One thing I don't do is lambast a poster for a lack of English skills over the point the poster was making, and if my bluntness annoys you, then ignore it and stay on topic and respond to the post not the poster.

And your last point is correct, none of us know nothing in the grand scheme of things :)

i know you r a lot smarter then me sgt.major with all your complicated words...i never said i have better english skill then no one,i cant even spell a few words properly...if you r refering to my post about me mocking polarbear's english it was done because a few days before polarbear and supper had an argument in which polarbear was making fun of the the kind of sentences formed by supper.... i was just trying to talk to polarbear the way polarbear would speak to some one,i dont forget rudeness of people....and i tot those 3 question u asked was implied at me so i replied to u, forgive me if i tot wrong...like i have already said i wasnt telling anyone to do anything...i was just suggesting what i tot about &quot;Argyle&quot; situation trying to explain it in a more dramatic way possibly,because i felt bad when i lost my ftn , usually i dont post where i am not required to post but i was trying to help by explain the situation to brandon what Argyle might have tot when he posted this thread ,there is a lot of difference between telling and suggesting[/b]

&quot;It is the site owners choice that no trades, never ever, get in, no matter the excuse or the reason or the circumstances that the trade happened, good or bad user it makes no difference, it is his site and his rules, we should never circumvent the wishes of the site over a good, even a very good, sob story. We have no rights in that respect. It is not up for discussion to members anywhere to tell a site owner who should and who should not get access to his site, by trading or invite even. If we don't like the rules, then stay away and go elsewhere, there are plenty of choices.&quot;^^this is telling,now we all know you r very smart and you have dressed up this statement very well,its very hard to pick which part is telling and which is not but still for a common man like me it seemed like telling the reader what it is,what everyone can see and know already,trading is against tracker rules he shouldnt have done it,but he did... i was trying to explain what others mostly wont understand especially anti-traders,not that it would matter to you.....some one who would read you post might/will just say you r right,and i know you r...but its a torrent site account,he hasnt bought an invite ,he doesnt belong to any anti-trading organization...if it matters he has confessed &quot;if he can be spared of the agony of having got an FTN account and lost his ftn account,then y not...&quot;

DKre8ive1
02-23-2008, 10:55 PM
Its really simple and there is no need for debate since FTN doesn't allow account trading if you get caught you are disabled.

The person that really should be worried is the original owner of the account because if his info gets shared with other communities he/she could end up losing more then just the FTN account, since most sites hate account trading.

Brandon
02-23-2008, 11:26 PM
Its really simple and there is no need for debate since FTN doesn't allow account trading if you get caught you are disabled.

The person that really should be worried is the original owner of the account because if his info gets shared with other communities he/she could end up losing more then just the FTN account, since most sites hate account trading.

Expect a PM from me shortly btw, since I haven't seen speed around. THS knew about about this :shutup:
We take account trading pretty seriously..

9NINE
02-23-2008, 11:30 PM

Expect a PM from me shortly btw, since I haven't seen speed around. THS also knows about this :shutup:

lol:), tommoro no tracker will remain to use with the seedbox:D

pandabear
02-23-2008, 11:59 PM
Wow brandon you still amaze me, with the ease you catch traders. #ftn-support is great to watch :P

usersec
02-24-2008, 01:40 AM
Wow brandon you still amaze me, with the ease you catch traders. #ftn-support is great to watch :P

I am not a programmer but is it so hard to write a code which checks for an ip change?

grimms
02-24-2008, 01:50 AM
I kinda like You...but 2500 since October is insane. U really had that much to tell? Or like the limelight? Hope no offense made.:naughty:

None taken. I'm actually really active here for some reason. I like this place and a few other forums not related to bittorrent. More active then I am in real life as far as talking to folk(I have a life, i just like my privacy). I'm a very humble quiet dude who just enjoy's my wife, daughter, few friends and music career. Also i'm very opinionated, and this place makes it easy for one to be open and share ones views. I dislike alot of attention as well(I'm very private person, a recluse). Your not so bad yourself. Thats my boring story for ya.:happy:

kostnkost
02-24-2008, 02:29 AM
This post is still open:wacko:

Let it rest fellas seriously.

I really do not get all this FTN crap anyways?? You get the same content in all the trackers I have listed below.

02-24-2008, 02:56 AM

Expect a PM from me shortly btw, since I haven't seen speed around. THS knew about about this :shutup:

what about invite selling/ trading ? :P

pandabear
02-24-2008, 04:22 AM

I am not a programmer but is it so hard to write a code which checks for an ip change?

He does alot more than, oh noes ip change, time to ban. Its more the way he compiles a case, finding out everything from where they traded it from, their track record, etc.

Argyle
02-24-2008, 09:35 AM
Hey argyle
You have been taken advantage of. You're obviously new to this and the dick who gave you the account knew it would be banned. I hope you learn from your mistake. Take the seedbox back. There is only 1 sure way to get and keep good trackers. Make good friends. It takes time, but is well worth it.
cheers
I dont know about that, he seemed like a good guy to me and I felt largely responsible as well: I was the one who made this thread as well as going into the IRC channel with the acc and a new IP :whistling (after he had just gotten the acc unbanned for me :frusty:

the virtual suicide tag is quite accurate, couldn't have said better hehehe
Lol I dont know about that either, there's worse people who trade seedbox access...at least I'm honest, keep my ratios up and havent traded any of my accounts or invites away.

This post is still open:wacko:

Let it rest fellas seriously.

I really do not get all this FTN crap anyways?? You get the same content in all the trackers I have listed below.
Haha i'm as surprised as you...I thought this thing would have died off a few pages back after brandon and I both said or sides of the story....i'm glad it could be of some entertainment to you people :P Thank you to those of you who stood up for me!
To your other point: I said the same thing on about page 2 or 3. The packs looked good but there werent many seeders of anything but 0day stuff and I didnt see much that you couldnt get at RevTT, TL, etc. Maybe I dont "get" FTN, but i'm not really looking for a "community"--all I want are the torrents :naughty:
But any way....I think it's safe to let this one die now guys :)