PDA

View Full Version : Inviter problem?

BluRossonero
02-23-2008, 08:17 PM
I have the following question:

if for example I invite a person at a tracker and he gets his account disabled for inactivity do I have a problem? I mean.. do I get banned or warned?

I hope this is not a stupid question. Thank you for your time!

Polarbear
02-23-2008, 08:25 PM

if for example I invite a person at a tracker and he gets his account disabled for inactivity do I have a problem? I mean.. do I get banned or warned?

no, i do not know a single tracker where inactivity of the invitee would affect the inviter account.

it would be just a waste of invites for you and a wasted database entry for the tracker, which could have been taken by an active member.

so no need to worry about your account.

pro267
02-23-2008, 08:45 PM

Usually that's not a problem, however on some trackers where staff needs to evaluate each invited member, having invited inactive members could influence staff's decision as to whether to accept your invite request for other members.

1000possibleclaws
02-23-2008, 08:47 PM

Usually that's not a problem, however on some trackers where staff needs to evaluate each invited member, having invited inactive members could influence staff's decision as to whether to accept your invite request for other members.

I doubt staff really have that much extra time on their hands.. I'd be very surprised if anything happened to you, disabled accounts for inactivity are automatic usually.

BluRossonero
02-23-2008, 09:55 PM
Thank you all for your answers!

It is a good thing to know that!