PDA

View Full Version : Why is old azureus 2.5.0.4 allowed at all trackers?

xJohnxSmithx
02-24-2008, 08:06 AM
I have been using this client for 7 months. Since this time many newer azureus and utorrent clients have been banned at most sites. The reason I ask is because recently one of my fav sites has banned this client. No other tracker i know of has ever done this. So i was wondering if any intelligent fst ers happen to know what is so good about the client. I have asked in their forum but have got no response, so any fuel you can give me would be appreciated.
Cheers

Polarbear
02-24-2008, 08:22 AM
I have been using this client for 7 months. Since this time many newer azureus and utorrent clients have been banned at most sites. The reason I ask is because recently one of my fav sites has banned this client. No other tracker i know of has ever done this. So i was wondering if any intelligent fst ers happen to know what is so good about the client. I have asked in their forum but have got no response, so any fuel you can give me would be appreciated.
Cheers

you can update to the newest version. it is allowed everywhere and you can keep the old gui.

you can simply turn of all the vuze crap if you don't like it. it looks exactly like 2.5.0.4 but has some bug fixes.

it also doesn't use more memory or cpu than the old version.

i use the newest version of azureus and never had any problems with the client.

azureus is the best client imo. it does tend to be a memory-hog, but it has many advanced features and options that utorrent doesn't have.

a powerful program needs more ressources and ram is cheap nowadays.

xJohnxSmithx
02-24-2008, 08:39 AM
Thanks for sharing bro. I'll check out the latest version. I hated all that vuse crap and that's why i didn't want to update. Glad to hear you can turn it off.
cheers

znik
02-24-2008, 09:53 AM
Azureus isn't allowed everywhere though .
It's not allowed for example on WB as far as I know (unless something has changed drastically recently)
So, think twice before switching to Azureus if you are a member there.

fOrUmAs
02-24-2008, 10:13 AM
its not true that 2504 version is allowed everywhere

there are big list of sites that dont allowe 2540 and some 3x version

BEGINER
02-24-2008, 10:13 AM
Cheers

you can update to the newest version. it is allowed everywhere and you can keep the old gui.

you can simply turn of all the vuze crap if you don't like it. it looks exactly like 2.5.0.4 but has some bug fixes.

it also doesn't use more memory or cpu than the old version.

i use the newest version of azureus and never had any problems with the client.

azureus is the best client imo. it does tend to be a memory-hog, but it has many advanced features and options that utorrent doesn't have.

a powerful program needs more ressources and ram is cheap nowadays.Mate,plesae tell me,how to turn off fu**ing vuze on the newest version???

Polarbear
02-24-2008, 12:04 PM
Mate,plesae tell me,how to turn off fu**ing vuze on the newest version???

in the top right corner there's a button called "ui".

BEGINER
02-24-2008, 12:24 PM
Mate,plesae tell me,how to turn off fu**ing vuze on the newest version???

in the top right corner there's a button called "ui".Mate i dont have any button in right coner:blink:

Polarbear
02-24-2008, 12:35 PM
in the top right corner there's a button called "ui".Mate i dont have any button in right coner:blink:

well, i do and when i hit it this shows up:

http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/2311/azureusaj0.png

dunson
02-24-2008, 12:40 PM
I've been using that old Azureus for a couple of days just to try it out and oddly some of the buttons' language changed to something that looks like elven. :/

Night0wl
02-24-2008, 01:00 PM
its not true that 2504 version is allowed everywhere

there are big list of sites that dont allowe 2540 and some 3x version

Please do show me that list, because I am or have been member at many sites, and even the ones that say you should use the newest version do not ban it, because they have no substitute and there is no need to as it's working fine.

So if many sites block it, then they must truly suck, apart from WB, or should I say including WB for banning a perfectly good client.

Ichigo81
02-24-2008, 01:23 PM
Keep your old Azureus and replace the jar file with the Beta's.

Up to date Azureus without Vuse :D

seppypom
02-24-2008, 04:37 PM

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b5/seppypom/az3.jpg

dunson
02-24-2008, 04:41 PM
Anyone know if Leopard has a problem with Azureus, because I've tried it a few times over the past few months and the frog doesn't like me very much.

BEGINER
02-24-2008, 04:43 PM
Mate i dont have any button in right coner:blink:

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b5/seppypom/az3.jpg
Tnx mate:):):)

seppypom
02-24-2008, 04:43 PM
Np

Polarbear
02-24-2008, 06:44 PM
Anyone know if Leopard has a problem with Azureus, because I've tried it a few times over the past few months and the frog doesn't like me very much.

the screenshot i posted is azureus running on leo. no problems at all.

dunson
02-24-2008, 06:46 PM

the screenshot i posted is azureus running on leo. no problems at all.

Thanks for the info. I might check it out and see if I can run classic mode. But uTorrent in CrossOver seeds so much faster it seems...

undercoverbro
02-24-2008, 06:53 PM
Azureus 2.5.0.4 is a well tested client and is accepted at all top trackers.

briand5379
02-24-2008, 08:55 PM
Cheers
This version of Azureus has been re enabled at your fav site for the members that would rather stick with it over the newer version.

kadake
02-24-2008, 09:42 PM
i hope sites dont start banning 2.5.0.4 , even with the classic interface on the newer version still dont feel like good old 2.5

xJohnxSmithx
02-25-2008, 03:37 AM
Cheers
This version of Azureus has been re enabled at your fav site for the members that would rather stick with it over the newer version.

Thanks to the great people at one of my fav sites. Your quick action shows once again that you are top rate.
cheers