PDA

View Full Version : Newbie

rosemary
08-02-2003, 10:59 AM
:huh: HELP I AM VERY NEW.HAVE DL MOVIE OK.AFTER SEVERAL ATTEMPTS WITH DIFFERANT CODECS AND BURNERS I DONE IT BUT WON'T PLAY ON MY DVD PLAYER.
WHAT DO I DO AFTER I HAVE DOWNLOADED MOVIE AND WHAT CODEC &BURNER WOULD YOU SUGGEST. DO NOT UNDERSTAND.
MUSIC NO PROBLEM
THANKS.

balamm
08-02-2003, 11:24 AM
The first problem you must repair is that stuck caps lock key. Then the rest may become clear ;)

Ma5t3rM1nD
08-02-2003, 11:35 AM
Maybe your DVD Player doesn't play VCD/SVCD or CD-R/CD-RW if it doesn't play either the only solution is to get a new one. Check @ www.vcdhelp.com if your player is compatiable, also their is a section somewhere on vcdhelp that could possibily get those formats to play, but it only works with certain players which are listed.

biggathanjesus
08-02-2003, 01:38 PM
Disclaimer: i'm not positive, i only tried this twice to make it dvd player compatible and it worked the second time....

Um so i'm assuming that you wanna play the downloaded movie file on a dvd player hooked up to your tv? This maybe quite difficult to do depending on the type of file (divx for instance) that you've downloaded.
To make a mpeg or avi or wmp file compatible then you need to use Nero Burning Rom to burn a svcd or dvd which would run on the playa. It should create something like either two folders called audio_ts and video_ts or many small folders.
Of course, as was suggested earlier, it maybe that you have an older/cheaper dvd player that only plays dvds and not vcds or s-vcds. ;)

Gre1
08-02-2003, 04:41 PM
From the way u said it, it looks like u just downloaded a movie and got the codec it needs. If that is what u are saying then thats wrong in order for it to be played on dvd player it must be converted to an mpeg. I wouldn't recommend Nero use Tmpgenc it takes longer but looks better and if u are downloading individual codecs don't do that just get the kazaa lite codec pack. But i do recommend Nero for burning to cd. There are guides for this at www.dvdrhelp.com

toast
08-02-2003, 06:51 PM
Seems this question has been pretty much answered, but if you check in "My Kazaa Lite K++" and click on the movie file, it should say what codec you need for it.

Getting a bit off subject, but what's the problem with Nero? I've been using it for years with no problems and I think it works great.

Also check out www.gamecopyworld.com for other guides on burning. Lots of information found there, as well as game cracks.

-toast