PDA

View Full Version : Downloadin Games

joel
08-02-2003, 01:16 PM
im a newb i figuered out the swap trick and i wanna how do i no kazaa which games are ps2 i need fulllll explainin on how to find download and burn and is there an way to burn a dvd game on cdr its juss more conveniant on a cde or il have to go to ma freinds house and burn it on a dvd r so any way i need help plus if ma friends gotta a game can he send it thrugh aim usin file transfer

thankyou for the help im a newb plus im 13

joel
08-02-2003, 03:58 PM
anyone?

whittho
08-02-2003, 04:10 PM
http://forums.suprnova.org/

joel
08-02-2003, 06:23 PM
anyone else juss teach me step by step thankyou

mogadishu
08-02-2003, 06:26 PM
I think i spoke english when i was 13.

joel
08-02-2003, 10:40 PM
anyone?

olibomb
08-03-2003, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by mogadishu@2 August 2003 - 19:26
I think i spoke english when i was 13.
Sorry i cant help u out either Joel (im 13 aswell ;) ) but mogadishu wotever your name is, u really could be a bit more helpful

stoi
08-03-2003, 01:25 AM
ok first of all you will be very lucky to find 1 PSX or PS2 game on kazaa, your best bet is newsgroups, irc, or bittorrent. i suggest bittorrent first though as its a bit easier.

first go to http://krypt.dyndns.org:81/torrent/download.phtml and download the bittorrent client, then go to http://blackcats.filesoup.com:6969 and have a look on that site (mine i might add :D ) and if you see a game you want and as long as it has got a number other than 0 under seeders, just click the DL button next to the filename, and this will download the torrent onto your hdd.

right click on the torrent you just downloaded and select open with burst, then tell the program what folder you want it saved to and click go. make sure you have enough hdd room though because it saves the whole file onto your hdd straight away, the same as emule.

then just wait for it to finish, but try to get a dl/ul ratio of at least 1:1, this means if you download 500meg try to keep the window open after the download so you can upload 500meg.

as for the dvd question, if the have only DVD in the title and are about 2 gig or over then you will have to burn them with a dvdr but only DVD-R as the PS2 will not recognise DVD+R.

and remember to donate and click on the banners if you visit my site and find it usefull :D

hope this helps

stoi

joel
08-03-2003, 02:00 PM
since i dont wanna install a mod chip and i ise the swap trick and they dont alloww me to play rips i wanna kn0w a way to download an exact copy of the game like a dvd like 4.5 gb exact 1.1 copy all i have to do is juss burn the game to dvd and use the swap trick whwere do i find theese games and for some reason the burst torrent doesnt work

stoi
08-03-2003, 03:29 PM
with the swap trick you CANT play proper dvd games you can only play CDR games, so games that have been ripped if they are originally on DVD so you lose the movies and some sound as well.

stoi

joel
08-03-2003, 05:23 PM
u could i have a magic swap discs 1 for cd one dvd (well im waitin for it in the mail)

so i no i can play dvd games but where do i get real 1.1 compies of dvd on the net for free

stoi
08-03-2003, 06:33 PM
ok im only going to say this one more time, you CAN NOT play 1:1 DVD copies with the swap disc method, you need a messiah 2 chip to play them, it will play original DVD games but not 1:1 copies. for backups it will only play cdr rips, i should know ive got a swap disc and im definately thinking of getting a Messiah 2.0 chip as some CDR games dont run even with the swap disc trick, like starsky and hutch but the same disc worked with a Messiah 2.0 chip.

and if you do want 1:1 copies then you will have to use Bittorrent, as Kazaa/K++ is atrocious for Console games in general.

stoi

joel
08-03-2003, 07:37 PM
doesnt ps2 dvd-r backup copies and imports mean the same thing as have a 1.1 copy of a ps2 dvd im not tryin to disrespect u i juss dont wanna open up ma ps2 and put a chip i was reely lookin forward to the slide card and swap disc

stoi
08-04-2003, 12:56 AM
yeah it does, but whoever told you the swap trick will play them are lying through their back teeth, it will play (most) cdr versions bit not dvd 1:1 backups. maybe they have a new version out that will do this, but im very sceptical. your best bet is to just get a messiah 2 ship installed and then you can play any backup game without any hassle of putting a boot disc in first, this isnt a problem if you only have 2 or 3 games, but if you have 400 games it gets a bit tediuos.

stoi

joel
08-04-2003, 01:18 AM
this (http://shop.store.yahoo.com/tisinc99/ps2swmabocdv.html) is where i foun the 2 discs but if u look on google for swap magic 2.0 u will find a alot

silverccrow
08-04-2003, 01:40 AM
wow this guy is a true noob !
i can give u and advice

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'> BUY A MODCHIP
DOWNLOAD ONLY CD GAMES NO DVD
BURN THEM
ENJOY
</span>