PDA

View Full Version : why share, when you can use people?

shmicko
02-25-2008, 07:29 PM
How many good members are out there? So far in 2 days someone has been scammed of there accounts and someone has offered me an invite for money.
Should I just be the same? give out a "yeah your awesome cools man!" "yeah please i need more than anyone cos' i gotta use for homeworks, cos' dad in jail and polar bears killed my family." Whenever a request pops up.

Now I'm just being stupid.

I'm not going to mention any names, I don't want him to feel like a cheap cunt. He probably wouldn't even care.
The Convo@gmail chat:

him: hi, you want bitmetv?
me: hey man, should of added me on msn [grin]
him: lol
me: i didnt even know gmail had chat capability
lol
him: [tongue] lol, now you know [tongue]
me: yeah i've been after an invite for awhile man, but they pretty strict so its understandable. Just being patient i guess. What were you after exactly?
him: only need TT
me: lol, you say it so easily
him: es [tongue]
yes
I don't need anything else lol
Sent at 5:33 AM on Tuesday
me: yeah, like i said man im just a peasant dont have anything above lvl 3
actually i lost my pisexy acc. cos i didnt download or upload
so im in the lvl2 pool
how gay
him: [tongue]
me: how long have you been trading acc?
him: not long though
me: have you got accounts to the main ones everyones after?
him: like?
me: u know the lvl 9's
fsc ftn?
him: nope
me: ah ok
been looking for bitmetv everywhere man, and like heaps of invites out there
are they hard to get?
do you need to u/l a certain amount?
him: yes
4 weeks member
upload 65GB
and have ratio of 1.05
then you get 3 invites
me: 65gb is a fair bit
especially on a dedicated tracker
him: hmhm
me: :|
him: it is
and hard to get
lol
have you had bitmetv before? [smile]
me: nope never, just talked about it with friends like little nerds
lol
i use td and tb for everything mostly
but you still cant get HD or 720p rips of shows
him: -_-
they suck [tongue]
me: there aint even any tv packs
him: hehe
if you really want it I will sell you one
because the risk for me is too high (wtf is he on about here?)
me: theres nothing else man, invites are closed everywhere
i dont know bout that man..
how much were you expecting?
him: just tell me
what you offer for it
me: how is the risk too high though? you already posted it up publicly.
Sent at 5:42 AM on Tuesday
me: no offence man but I dont really feel comfortable exchanging money with a member i havnt known for more than 5mins
him: no
I understand
but it's no problem
I will send you the invite
money is no joke, also no for me
and I will give you proof if needed [smile]
me: you could possibly find an invite for tt that would wanna swap for you bitmetv man
i'll feel bad if i take the invite
and the opportunity wont come again
Sent at 5:46 AM on Tuesday
him: how do you mean?
me: do you only have the one invite left fot bitmetv for this month?
him: no
I got 3 [smile]
never used one
you would be my first invitee
^^ (even though you have 3, your still being a rat?)
me: [smile]
Sent at 5:49 AM on Tuesday
me: well, i really don't know what to say man, if you were to invite me. I can only offer a sincere thank you and i will boast and tell every one how much of a champ you are. The usual?
i dont know what else i can offer you man
him: $ [tongue]
me: lol
how much?
him: well that doesn't bother me really
just say an amount in €
and I will say yes or no
me: lol
to be honest man, i really want a bitmetv account. But i don't feel right paying for an invite. Is this how everyone gets on bitmetv?
him: nope
you got to offer something decent then
which you don't have
me: i gave away rapidshare account cos i got capped
and i didnt want anything for it
him: m8 sorry
Sent at 5:55 AM on Tuesday
me: np man, thanks for spending the time to chat with me
him: yw! [smile]
me: now i know what it takes to get above lvl 4
lol
catcha later
him: cya!!

edit: Should I just be a dirty cunt and give in e-mail and post printscreens? It's 6:33AM, I should just sleep..
"The sale of ANY invites will result in an immediate disabling of your account and/or any other accounts in your invite tree. Inculding the user that invited you possibly."

danio
02-25-2008, 07:43 PM
as far as i know it is not allowed to sell invites on FST either.. so if you got in contact with him here, i would advice you to report him to the mods for this.. create screens of your convo to attach as proof.. invite sellers are the worst scum of them all!

SgtMajor
02-25-2008, 07:46 PM
Make a report, don't sit there and do nothing, that is worse than pretending it didn't happen.

I'm all for naming & shaming, but they don't like that here :P

pro267
02-25-2008, 08:16 PM
Make a report, don't sit there and do nothing, that is worse than pretending it didn't happen.

I'm all for naming & shaming, but they don't like that here :P
I'm all for that as well, but it has to be AFTER staff had verified the accusations and not before. Otherwise you'll be getting countless accusation threads from jerks trying to slander people.

To OP: if you know the name of the member on FST and can prove he's the one you've been chatting with then you should file a report.

Totti
02-25-2008, 08:18 PM
hmm i think that guy just tryed to offer me a bitmetv invite also....

Kirstein
02-25-2008, 08:28 PM
You should write rvt a pm with his username, hopefully he can track him down on BMTV so he wont be able to do this again.

kaffeine
02-25-2008, 08:31 PM
Make a report as Sgt says with conclusive evidence.. sellers should receive a punishment suited for their actions (read global ban).

sear
02-25-2008, 08:36 PM
this is why traders suck balls :\

It truly is sickening.

popcop23
02-25-2008, 08:41 PM
Well,
There is a lot of scammers out there but this is the reason I joined FST,
first I would't have to trade around here I could just giveaway and get...
without trading, I've a lot of acc. with no use and as soon i'll get acces to the giveaways i'll give them over... =]

SenorBubbz
02-25-2008, 08:44 PM
Send BiteMeTV staff his email, I bet he was too stupid to use another email with no connections to any trackers and the current one he is using is for all his trackers :P

fatcat69
02-25-2008, 08:47 PM
lol just dont trade and you wont have issues with scammers. No one can scam you an invite

"ill give you an invite...ha it was a fake!"
oh no not a fake invite...i have lost so much due to this...omg.

hahaha

Edit: if you must trade...use the middlemen here at FST

mrnobody
02-25-2008, 10:07 PM
invites seller make me sick!

i wanna put my finger down my throat and puke all over them.

but yet i suppose they would stink over my puke :gross:

If you know his bitmetv nick, pm rvt:

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/members/rvt-177954

If you dunno his bitmetv nick but know his FST nick, create a report (with proof) @

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-report-section-72/

then maybe FST staffer can forward his IP to Bitmetv as well.

seppypom
02-26-2008, 02:13 AM
How many good members are out there?

I think there are 17 left ;)

SAM
02-26-2008, 03:06 AM
what are you waiting for man?
report his poor ass or give his name and and i'll bomb his ass.
this is a disgrace

shmicko
02-26-2008, 03:08 AM
I don't want to be known as a snitch.

SAM
02-26-2008, 03:09 AM
Snitch my ass,The man was trying to sell invites for godsake
come on report his ass
/me needs to bomb this man's ass

cocalait
02-26-2008, 03:43 AM

Don't worry son, you'll get Federal Government Witness Protection. Choose a name you like, a place you like, and a job you like.

Nemrod
02-26-2008, 04:06 AM
Snitch my ass,The man was trying to sell invites for godsake
come on report his ass
/me needs to bomb this man's ass

I totally agree with that. :yup:

shmicko
02-26-2008, 04:10 AM
report compiled and sent, thanks for all the comments. I probably would of done nothing if it weren't for your support.

@cocalait; you dont know them, they will find me. :P

SAM
02-26-2008, 04:13 AM
NICE TO HEAR :D
let's go back to our works people
show is closed :)

SgtMajor
02-26-2008, 04:22 AM
report compiled and sent, thanks for all the comments. I probably would of done nothing if it weren't for your support.

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_2_68.gifhttp://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_18_4.gif

Artemis
02-26-2008, 04:51 AM

@cocalait; you dont know them, they will find me. :P

Great news bud, invite sellers are pond scum, they need to be stopped:angry::angry::angry:

boxmanuser
02-26-2008, 02:26 PM

Don't worry son, you'll get Federal Government Witness Protection. Choose a name you like, a place you like, and a job you like.
i wish it was as good as it sounds. whether you trade or sell or buy or expect a rep point you are still exchanging one thing for another.

danio
02-26-2008, 03:04 PM
i wish it was as good as it sounds. whether you trade or sell or buy or expect a rep point you are still exchanging one thing for another.

true, but selling invites is a different animal entirely.. invite sellers profit from other peoples work, and on something that is meant to be free.. traders gains access to other sites by trading, but they don't earn hard money from it.

aysomc
02-26-2008, 03:18 PM
this kind of shit doesnt happen if you dont trade.

Zeus
02-26-2008, 04:07 PM

true, but selling invites is a different animal entirely.. invite sellers profit from other peoples work, and on something that is meant to be free.. traders gains access to other sites by trading, but they don't earn hard money from it.
There are quite a few torrent sites out there making huge amounts of money from their p2l systems. Look at TL for example, they make a killing and everyone loves them, and they arent the only ones. Invite sellers might make a few bucks but its nothing compared to some sysops. Neither is right imo, but i find it funny that so many people object so strongly to one and dont really care about the other. Everyone defends those p2l systems by saying "well no one forces you to donate", well no one forces you to buy an invite. Ask yourself... are the two really so different?

Zeus
02-26-2008, 04:25 PM
The differance is.... they dont force you to donate... aka you can even get an account off them (For example TL staff) without having to buy one. You can use the account (from them) without having to pay for leech. However, the person selling the accounts is forcing you to pay THEM for the account. AKA... hes not gonna give you one for free if he can get $120 for it. Where the trackers themselves give accounts for free and could care less if your gonna donate $25 of $0.

The fact of the matter is you dont have to pay any money to anyone if you dont want to. You're always free not to pay to leech, just as you are free not to buy an invite and instead try to gain access by a legitimate route. Thats not my point. My point is that there is no real difference in terms of morality between profiting by selling leech on your site, to profiting from selling invites to a site. Both boil down to making money through access to copyright works. So I dont get why people seem to think that one is so bad, but the other is ok. This guy might sell an invite for a few bucks (I cant see anyone paying $120 as you suggest), but the TL sysops make thousands every month.. why is this guy worse?

shmicko
02-27-2008, 05:00 AM
he's long gone anyhow.

Dark Archon
02-27-2008, 05:04 AM
argh, disgrace

BlueLabel
02-27-2008, 05:22 AM
DAMM
I hate when ppl making profits on others back
report that assh**e
I hope skizo give that sh***ss ip to all the trackers and band him from any trackers he member there
sh*t like that don't deserve be here or any tracker

DKre8ive1
02-27-2008, 05:41 AM
So I dont get why people seem to think that one is so bad, but the other is ok. This guy might sell an invite for a few bucks (I cant see anyone paying $120 as you suggest), but the TL sysops make thousands every month.. why is this guy worse?

Look up Elite torrents and you will see the difference which is the sysOP might be making thousands every month (I guess you have bank statements to prove this and know more then me) but he/she is also the one that faces the biggest risk.

Now look at the invite seller he makes money off invites that were given to him/her and probably even scams good users into getting what ever invite he needs to make the sale. Will this guy ever face any kind of legal case if he gets busted selling invites the answer of course is no.

As for how much people are willing to pay for a invite or account you would be amazed I have seen someone asking 1000 euros for two accounts. The user got caught and a global ban was put in place, so for anyone that wants to sell accounts go ahead and do it but you put at risk your accounts along with all the people that you scammed into giving you an account.

Zeus
02-27-2008, 09:31 AM
So I dont get why people seem to think that one is so bad, but the other is ok. This guy might sell an invite for a few bucks (I cant see anyone paying $120 as you suggest), but the TL sysops make thousands every month.. why is this guy worse?

Look up Elite torrents and you will see the difference which is the sysOP might be making thousands every month (I guess you have bank statements to prove this and know more then me) but he/she is also the one that faces the biggest risk.

Now look at the invite seller he makes money off invites that were given to him/her and probably even scams good users into getting what ever invite he needs to make the sale. Will this guy ever face any kind of legal case if he gets busted selling invites the answer of course is no.

As for how much people are willing to pay for a invite or account you would be amazed I have seen someone asking 1000 euros for two accounts. The user got caught and a global ban was put in place, so for anyone that wants to sell accounts go ahead and do it but you put at risk your accounts along with all the people that you scammed into giving you an account.

So what if the sysop faces a greater deal of risk. How does the fact that make profiting off someone else's work more moral? And if it does, then according to that logic, selling invites is really wrong but selling pirate dvds on a large scale (for which you can face lengthy prison sentences) is ok.
The truth of the matter is that the only reason people think that selling invites is worse than what many sysops are doing is because the invite seller is more obvious in their intent to make money. When you disect it however, there is no material difference between the two and to say one is wrong but the other is fine is to hold a complete double standard.

Re the price of invites... You might see someone trying to sell for $1000 but I very much doubt anyone would pay that much for it. A quick scan of ebay reveals that most go in the $10-$40 range depending on the site. Not that it really matters. Even if you could sell in an invite for anywhere close to $1000 it would still be small change to what the sysops of sites like TL make each month.

Polarbear
02-27-2008, 09:51 AM
Even if you could sell in an invite for anywhere close to $1000 it would still be small change to what the sysops of sites like TL make each month.

how do you know how much sysops make per month? do you have an insight in their profit and loss account or are you just guessing from what you've heard?

are you a greek financial consultant for the tl owners?

please share your valuable inside knowledge with us!

Zeus
02-27-2008, 10:53 AM
Well I havent seen their accounts, but I do know roughly how many vips they have and i am able to do maths. And even if you dont believe me just search the forums here, kingrob has admitted on several occassions that the TL sysops profit from the site, i seem to remember his words were something like "it would be stupid to deny it". And I very much doubt TL are the only ones. Does anyone really believe that every site out there really puts every surplus $ aside in case of a rainy day?

So unless anyone here honestly believes that all sites are run by altruistic individuals who never make a penny, does anyone accept that invite selling isnt any worse? And if so, then you cant really call for invite sellers to be globally banned without be willing to do the same for those sysops and without being willing to stop using those sites which are obviously geared towards making money. Of course, that will never happen. It is, after all, so much easier to take the moral high ground when it involves no personal sacrifice.

Polarbear
02-27-2008, 11:05 AM
Well I havent seen their accounts

ok, me neither. that's why i don't speculate and don't take part in discussions based on speculations.

DKre8ive1
02-27-2008, 11:18 AM
I never said one is more moral then another and I am sure running a site like TL takes no personal sacrifice just like invite selling doesn't either. :rolleyes:

You might see many VIPs but just realize that when you get VIP for donating it usually lasts for a few months so you cant keep counting each member that donates every month at what site you are trying to audit to find out how much is coming in.

And this my last post on this since we have gone off topic.