PDA

View Full Version : seedbox

sleepyy
02-26-2008, 01:15 PM
I went out finally and purchased a seedbox from OVH after much given thought this is my first and i must say I'm very impressed to see the speeds I'm getting on my downloads but my upload speed is nothing to match i can barely reach 1.5mbps the little green tick at the bottom is there the port is open i selected the settings for utorrent using the rss speed guide i just selected 100mb and off i went tcp/ip filtering is disabled also.

What i wanted to know is there anything i can do about this considering there's over 300 peers and 50 seeders including i on many of the torrents does the max number of connections need changeing in the registry? or something similar.

Also i have noticed people trying to connect then drop by watching the peers tab in utorrent it shows 0% downloads country bla bla bla then they go away could this be my end.

Can anyone point me in the right direction please

I forgot to mention it's Windows.

Aka_katz
02-26-2008, 01:30 PM
someone posted a thread about this i saw someone complain about the OVH Up speed too he was getting around ur speed too the reason is not a software or configuration simply a busy line..

Dubstepper
02-26-2008, 01:32 PM
Sorry i cant help, but i would be more than please with 1.5mbps up lol, but then i have never used a decent seedbox yet ¬_¬

DownShift
02-26-2008, 01:35 PM
if u check ur mail to which u got registered they send u a mail saying tht
"ur bandwidth speed is limited to 100000Kbps"

:P

donvito
02-26-2008, 01:40 PM
that is why you people need to stop getting ovh and go with leaseweb...

11mb/s down and 9.6 mb/s up was my record :D

sleepyy
02-26-2008, 01:45 PM
Thanks for all your responses i guess It may just be a busy line for the speed. Would you have any idea why peers are dropping?

boxmanuser
02-26-2008, 02:01 PM
i do not think ovh is the best choice out there. i have seen many issues with them over on webhosting.

carbon0
02-26-2008, 02:41 PM
Vectoral = Win. I love mine. 11mb/s up, down.

dythim
02-26-2008, 04:14 PM
I will be going with leaseweb from softlayer. Vectoral seems like a good place too minus the older hardware. OVH seems like FDC and appears to oversell.

fatcat69
02-26-2008, 04:20 PM

Blahaha vectoral = crap

Outdated hardware, ide hard drives.

yuck.

carbon0
02-26-2008, 04:22 PM

Blahaha vectoral = crap

Outdated hardware, ide hard drives.

yuck.Better than OVH.

yum.

Sekai
02-26-2008, 04:23 PM
Are you getting 1.5 mbits/s or 1.5mbytes/s?

slayer2005
02-26-2008, 04:28 PM
Its simple ovh cap ur up speed.They always have done.
I had a box ith them months ago.down speed was always fine up speed would never get passed 500kbs.

Comparing fdc to ovh...lol
ive bin with fdc for a year and there network is gr8.yes they over sell but do u n how big there network is.
Fdc i surgest to people :-)
leaseweb are good but not enuf bw.

dythim
02-26-2008, 04:33 PM
I have too many friends that have left FDC to go for places that offer limited traffic for better quality of b/w. The only ones still using FDC only use it for mainly archives and nothing more. They go to places like softlayer, layeredtech, or theplanet for much better quality of b/w in the US.

parky
02-26-2008, 06:46 PM
You still need a good amount of leechers to seed at high speed, im with leaseweb I get 9 MB/s down and 7MB/s up (thats the best I had) but most of the time I dont get above 1 MB/s on popular torrents

sleepyy
02-29-2008, 06:42 PM
Just to let you know it was a busy connection or either my settings not really sure at the moment but I'm reasonably happy with my box now i seemed to have used all of both upload and download on two separate occasions sometimes over for a few seconds :D. For my first box it has been a good experience so far i would recommend ovh to anybody my level of use is low plus my experience i've done well for my first. anyway enough of the bla bla i thought i would share with you what has happened.