PDA

View Full Version : Hacker after donations!!

stoi
02-26-2008, 05:10 PM
There have been numerous trackers that have been hit by this hacker in the past day or 2.

He takes over a Sysops account and sends a Mass PM to all users, stating that if they donate $50 they will receive 1TB of upload onto their stats.

This is obviously false information, but quite a few have been caught out by this and donated to him.

Just be careful if you donate to a site, click the Paypal Logo and make sure the proper e-mail is there that the site usually uses.

I have heard he has hit quite a lot of sites.

This is just a heads up to be careful, there is no source, apart from me and what i have heard over the last 24 hours or so.

Bionic
02-26-2008, 05:43 PM
That's kinda sad to hear and noobie members. Thanks for noticing us!

dunson
02-26-2008, 05:44 PM
Yeah, I saw BitSoup got hit by this same hacker apparently. Thanks for the warning.

It's a bit concerning that they can actually do that though. I'd like to feel more secure using a website.

carbon0
02-26-2008, 05:45 PM
There have been numerous trackers that have been hit by this hacker in the past day or 2.

He takes over a Sysops account and sends a Mass PM to all users, stating that if they donate $50 they will receive 1TB of upload onto their stats.

This is obviously false information, but quite a few have been caught out by this and donated to him.

Just be careful if you donate to a site, click the Paypal Logo and make sure the proper e-mail is there that the site usually uses.

This is just a heads up to be careful, there is no source, apart from me and what i have heard over the last 24 hours or so.did he do it 2 black-cats

Bionic
02-26-2008, 05:48 PM
I assume he did, but it's a smart thing off the hacker cause usually sites who needs donations they get an email i.e.: [email protected]. Can't blame. :/

Magnum
02-26-2008, 05:51 PM
Thanks for the info!

stoi
02-26-2008, 06:08 PM
No, he claimed he was in BCG to another tracker owner, but he wasnt.

VIZFX
02-26-2008, 06:09 PM
Thanks for the heads up. Gotta slow down before I click on a button and make sure its legit.

Yinon
02-26-2008, 06:19 PM
Is it easy to exploit the BTdev system like that?

Adama
02-26-2008, 06:21 PM
Thanks for the info

B3hAnch00d
02-26-2008, 06:37 PM
Thanks stoi for posting here and letting the users know.
The hackers using this paypal id:

[email protected]

Stay away from that paypal account, and if you've already sent money to that account please make sure you report it to paypal.

fOrUmAs
02-26-2008, 07:05 PM

This is just a heads up to be careful, there is no source, apart from me and what i have heard over the last 24 hours or so.

yep i have also seen this massage on few sites..

markupmaster
02-26-2008, 08:58 PM
Thanks for the heads-up bud!

:)

mamacita
02-26-2008, 09:15 PM
Thanks Stoi for keeping us in the know!

fOrUmAs
02-26-2008, 09:21 PM
and now we talking abouth all this security of sites but when i see something like this when some hacker can very easily get sysop acc and all other info aswell.It seems some things will never change

Zaxx
02-26-2008, 09:26 PM
Erm...how the hell is this guy managing to get sysop status? He must have found one hell of an exploit/hole. :ermm:

SenorBubbz
02-26-2008, 09:30 PM
wow, this guy must be pretty good at what he does...

stoi
02-26-2008, 09:39 PM
well hes not that good, as i have heard he wont be doing it again for awhile :shifty:

sear
02-26-2008, 09:40 PM
Erm...how the hell is this guy managing to get sysop status? He must have found one hell of an exploit/hole. :ermm:

Or he could be targeting the sysops directly...there are a number of ways he can steal their info then he just needs to log into their account and viola. This seems to me to be the most likely, though it's definitely possible for him to hack the site directly.

fOrUmAs
02-26-2008, 09:53 PM
well hes not that good, as i have heard he wont be doing it again for awhile :shifty:

This shoudn't happend in this first place and u now telling that he is not good?..i can only guess since it seems he dont need much work to get what he needs.

and also this is just empty words like *he wont be doing it again for awhile* oh come on...(I'm talking in general for all this sites that been hacked )

9NINE
02-26-2008, 10:03 PM
thx for the info.

dmanjohn
02-26-2008, 10:09 PM
Thanks for the heads up I'll look out for him

stoi
02-26-2008, 10:33 PM
Some sites are more secure than others, but come on, if a hacker can get into the FBI or NSA then im sure a torrent tracker will be a pretty easy target, doesnt matter how many scripts we have on there.

Nothing, and i mean Nothing is secure on the net, you might believe it is, but its not.

All we can do is plug all the obvious holes, and some not so obvious, some trackers obviously had a hole, others didnt, im pleased to say we didnt this time around.

This happened to one of my sysops last year.

Someone sent me and him a link, saying it was a replica site of ours, and someone was getting accounts/passwords getting members to sign into it.

Of course, he clicked the link (so did i will be honest but we went first) and it had a cookie grabber on. within 2 minutes he was locked out of his account, (even though we didnt know this till 30 minutes later) and we had a bit in the control panel, where you could execute MYSQL queries. (Which came with the source we were using btw, we didnt put it there).

so he just ran a truncate the database query, in a split second everything was gone, into thin air, and we didnt have any backups (we had just started a couple of months earlier, on the host we were on and with the source we were using).

The good part about this is, hopefully trackers that have been affected, and even those that have not, will look even more closely at their code, and fix any holes they see.

But nothing is unhackable if your good enough.

rogerse
02-26-2008, 10:47 PM
This sounds intersting, how do you take over a sysop acc anyway.

stoi
02-26-2008, 10:48 PM

you become owner :lol:

predateur
02-26-2008, 10:50 PM
wow! he must be great hacker :P

mrnobody
02-26-2008, 11:17 PM
i saw something similar happening at bitseduce

thanks for the heads up stio ;)

i LOL'ed:lol:

FACE_TO_FACE
02-26-2008, 11:25 PM
This guy must die:angry:

rocky1234
02-26-2008, 11:50 PM
Thanks for the information provided.

SenorBubbz
02-27-2008, 12:10 AM

A little intense don't you think?

Zaxx
02-27-2008, 12:25 AM

lmao on that one bro...:lol:

TP635
02-27-2008, 01:28 AM
Someone smart enough should hack his paypal account.

BlueLabel
02-27-2008, 07:17 AM
damm those hackers

Dark Archon
02-27-2008, 08:20 AM
bitseduce has attacked as well

pandabear
02-27-2008, 08:24 AM

lmao on that one bro...:lol:
No really thats how you do it :P
I there was a exploit on tbedv, regarding shoutbox, that let you become owner on the site. But its an extremely obvious one, so i most places get it patched.

Actatoi
02-27-2008, 08:52 AM
This shoudn't happend in this first place and u now telling that he is not good?..i can only guess since it seems he dont need much work to get what he needs.

and also this is just empty words like *he wont be doing it again for awhile* oh come on...(I'm talking in general for all this sites that been hacked )

In your eyes this guy is probably good, but if you ask a real cracker he will tell you the opposite :lol:

B3hAnch00d
02-27-2008, 01:05 PM

A little intense don't you think?

Yea, tht dikhead just needs to see a shrink he sounded really disturbed. Oh and he claimed to be on BMTV and BCG (confirmed by stoi its not true).

[04:11] <boa> i do it for money my friend

[04:23] <boa> i am sysop in blackcats too

[04:34] <boa> i can get in any site
[04:34] <boa> the hardest was bitmetv
[04:34] <boa> but i got in there too

[06:44] <boa> i needed the money for my little sister she is ill <--made an imagenary sister LoL nutz!
[06:44] <boa> i cant pay doctor..

[07:36] <boa> u r a criminal and u will end in jail <-- a hacker calls me a criminal for running a torrent site LoL!

DasFox
02-27-2008, 01:24 PM
Yeah we had a message at Bitsoup about some crap going on....

Adama
02-27-2008, 07:27 PM
another example from pisexy

http://www.pisexy.org/pimpie/drawimg.jpg

damn this hacker is good

carbon0
02-27-2008, 07:35 PM
I bet he sucks ass at fighting IRL. I could take him on, after 30 secs, he'd be lying on the ground.

buggyfresh
02-27-2008, 07:48 PM

Thanks stoi for posting here and letting the users know.
The hackers using this paypal id:

[email protected]

Stay away from that paypal account, and if you've already sent money to that account please make sure you report it to paypal.

Thanks alot Stoi - he hit Scifitorrents too...b@$t@rd!

kondrae
02-28-2008, 05:12 AM
Probably using some unknown exploit, to hack.This guy wont stop till he gets caught. too greedy

Overl0rd
02-28-2008, 08:48 AM
Such a shame, all that money going to a scammer: it should have gone to the tracker communities

:(

Greetings,
Overl0rd

amade
03-05-2008, 12:54 PM
Nemesyz got the same hacker attack.

Lee1
03-05-2008, 12:55 PM
Owned.

grimms
03-05-2008, 02:16 PM
Nemesyz got the same hacker attack.

I think the sysop is a member here. That sucks. Good tracker. It's a complete utter waste of time, life and space. I don't get it, some people just don't have nothing better to do in life, but make others miserable. Hacking donations?

BlueLabel
03-05-2008, 02:54 PM
but where the money goes??? the hacker or the tracker?

stoi
03-05-2008, 07:23 PM
well when he done it the hacker, and i would guess a few minutes after he done it, the tracker, and its still the tracker now.

mr.xom
03-05-2008, 07:36 PM
but where the money goes??? the hacker or the tracker?

the money goes for the hacker

lol

i want to be hacker :D :D :D :D

just joking

braindad
03-12-2008, 02:02 AM
dont worry the money i stole is going back to p2p commuity :)

stoi
03-12-2008, 11:20 AM
i thought it was for your sick mother, and how is it going back to the community?

i heard you have salad.tl now, which means you stole it for a server to put your tracker on, which also means you have a tracker to get more cash, which also means your in this for profit not for the community.

bottom line is you stole it, and you spammed members emails, if you havnt heard, thats not considered good practice in any walk of life, never mind just P2P.

but whatever if people are daft enough to sign up for that site, and donate, more fool them, god knows what info your collecting on them now, and i would never trust a site that started off in such an underhanded way.

C-mos
03-12-2008, 11:30 AM
thanx for the info stoi ..I will be carefull ;)

singing_sol
03-12-2008, 11:38 AM
trackers be on alert and yeah why do theese sys op's keep their acc's with no protection at all