PDA

View Full Version : Dvd-r's Won't Work

RedRival
08-02-2003, 04:43 PM
I've got my ps2 modded (with a messiah 2) with a modchip a while ago. Haven't been having much problems playing a number of my burnt and original games. Most importantly, the burnt games must be playable :D . I had 3-4 dvd-r in the first few months and they all boot up fine.

Ok, only until recently, I bought a new batch of DVD-Rs. And a number of them worked and most unfortunately, the ones that I bought and looked forward to playing weren't working, how ironic. (imagine you bought games such as Tomb Raider AOD, Enter the MAtrix, then you got on hands, good rpgs such as Xenosaga and Zone of Enders 2, then all em works except Xenosaga and ZOE2 :angry: ).

I went to a number of forums such as afterdawn and troubleshoot guides say I have a problem with the disc or my laser. But I doubt it's any of those problems since the other 8 DVDs work...

I placed the DVD-Rs in my dvd drive on my PC and they were accesible and boot up fine on my PC, that means the disc weren't too scratched or anything...but they just won't boot up on my ps2. Weird enough, Xenosaga booted up fine once, then nvr again :( . It has got something to do with the modchip I suppose.

If anyone knows a way out of this problem, please do reply. And thanks for reading thru my thread in the first place, thanks.

RedRival
08-03-2003, 07:52 AM
A good link to a forum that helps troubleshoot modded ps2 problems will do good as well. Thanks

RedRival
08-03-2003, 09:01 AM
Will burning another copy of the disc that doesn't boot on the ps2, solve the problem? Anyone?

Stonecoldfreak1
08-03-2003, 09:34 AM
it might.... wouldnt hurt if ya got the discs to use