PDA

View Full Version : ScT is confusing?

hasnainbk
02-26-2008, 10:53 PM
one thing is very confusing about ScT....file sharing is meant to be free and especially tracker invites...but still ScT itself sells invites...when we see a person selling invites somewhere,we say what a loser and we curse him with everything we could but ScT is really doing it publicly...why...doesn't that feel pathetic?
ScT is no doubt a good site but thats not the way a good site acts.

Sanka113
02-26-2008, 10:57 PM
Hey, they probably got children to feed. Children that need nice houses, fancy cars, and rolexes :).

yayyyyyy
02-26-2008, 11:00 PM
Hey, they probably got children to feed. Children that need nice houses, fancy cars, and rolexes :).

Or they might have just to pay servers, lawyers and all the things that comes with a torrent tracker...

btw... not everybody have the balls to run such a site... On which site are you a sysop?

Bionic
02-26-2008, 11:06 PM
That's sad to hear, so do you know how much do they sell each invite?

kooftspc11

Or they might have just to pay servers, lawyers and all the things that comes with a torrent tracker...

btw... not everybody have the balls to run such a site... On which site are you a sysop?

oh about 460 sites....not TOO many

rogerse
Kinda defeats the purpous of bt though really, if your going to start charging ppl for it then your nothing more than a buiseness, no different from the copyright holders who's content your selling.

And it probably is at a profit, too.

cocalait
02-27-2008, 12:03 AM
First of all they run the tracker, so they decide what they want to do with the invites, if they want to give away invites, to close the invites, to sell them on ebay or whatever they want.They can do so because invites belong to them. And yes, of course it's different when we criticize a guy who is selling an invite, because he's doing it without the consent of the tracker (the tracker doesn't want HIM to sell it)

And secondly, they're not selling them. If you donate an amount they think it's considerable, they'd like to show you their gratefulness by giving you an invite. But remember, they're not selling them; you are in /DONATE.PHP and Donate means : "to present a gift" and a gift is "something given voluntarily without expecting any payment in return"

So if you're spending the 20euros JUST BECAUSE OF the invite, you're actually not donating, you're buying (just by the simple fact you are expecting something in return)

So tattoo this on your mind ScT doesn't sell invites, PEOPLE BUY ScT invites. It's hard to imagine that there's a buyer but not a seller but by definition ScT is not a seller.

And two things more to add to ScT. First of all, they gave out invites for free for PU+ on Jan 1st, and also they opened up their userbase up to 20,000 (That was approx. 20% increase on their userbase). Secondly, when people talk about file sharing and how free it should be... please learn the world doesn't work like that. There wouldn't be any PRIVATE trackers, invitations, a BitTorrent Invite section or whatsoever.

My $.02

Kyl3KK
02-27-2008, 12:23 AM
Thanks you for that wonderful explanation cocalait. Now no one will ever have to ask/say the same dumb thing ever again.

Bionic
02-27-2008, 12:24 AM
Heck, if ScT sells them then everybody gets a win.

TP635
02-27-2008, 01:38 AM
So tattoo this on your mind ScT doesn't sell invites, PEOPLE BUY ScT invites. It's hard to imagine that there's a buyer but not a seller but by definition ScT is not a seller.

Strange logic.

Nemrod
02-27-2008, 01:50 AM
First of all they run the tracker, so they decide what they want to do with the invites, if they want to give away invites, to close the invites, to sell them on ebay or whatever they want.They can do so because invites belong to them. And yes, of course it's different when we criticize a guy who is selling an invite, because he's doing it without the consent of the tracker (the tracker doesn't want HIM to sell it)

And secondly, they're not selling them. If you donate an amount they think it's considerable, they'd like to show you their gratefulness by giving you an invite. But remember, they're not selling them; you are in /DONATE.PHP and Donate means : "to present a gift" and a gift is "something given voluntarily without expecting any payment in return"

So if you're spending the 20euros JUST BECAUSE OF the invite, you're actually not donating, you're buying (just by the simple fact you are expecting something in return)

And two things more to add to ScT. First of all, they gave out invites for free for PU+ on Jan 1st, and also they opened up their userbase up to 20,000 (That was approx. 20% increase on their userbase). Secondly, when people talk about file sharing and how free it should be... please learn the world doesn't work like that. There wouldn't be any PRIVATE trackers, invitations, a BitTorrent Invite section or whatsoever.

My $.02

:clap:

Amen! :yup:

Neo
02-27-2008, 02:02 AM
In a perfect world it shouldn't be like this. I agree with OP. Alas, we're far from a perfect world...

I guess if someone can/ should sell invites it is the tracker itself and not someone on digi***point

Of course some would argue that selling the invites for 20 something might induce people to try and make a nice profit out of it but hey!... at least they profit something from it instead of just sitting and watching all the black market trade without getting a cent to help in the expenses.

Not the ideal solution IMO but one that tends to at least be more fair for the tracker and its community which, in the end, get the benefits as well.

SenorBubbz
02-27-2008, 02:04 AM
Heck, if ScT sells them then everybody gets a win.

lmao, it's like he didn't even read what you wrote cocalait :P

Bionic
02-27-2008, 02:15 AM
I did.. and understood it. Just said that if ScT sold it then many people will buy it and sell it to others +$5-whatsoever. Yep.

Wizzcameron
02-27-2008, 02:16 AM
I hate to break it to most of you. But running a 0Day tracker like ScT does cost money. Even the uploaders to most 0day sites who push out a fair amount of traffic bare a hefty cost of some sort.

:yup:

fisherman
02-27-2008, 02:18 AM
Another topic that has risen from the grave a few times and will die in a few hours time.

Cabalo
02-27-2008, 02:25 AM
hmmm, too many "sct complain threads" lately...

it probably means many new users lately, that now realize they have a good fight ahead to keep their ratio, and that didn't bother read the forum threads at sct that explain with more detail than ever seen at any other site, where does the money goes to, how much they have in their account, etc.

Zaxx
02-27-2008, 03:18 AM
hmmm, too many "sct complain threads" lately...

it probably means many new users lately, that now realize they have a good fight ahead to keep their ratio, and that didn't bother read the forum threads at sct that explain with more detail than ever seen at any other site, where does the money goes to, how much they have in their account, etc.

+1 there...ScT is fairly open about their financial deets...I'm sure there's a few things they can't reveal in the name of common sense. I too have never seen a tracker with such thorough effort to keep members informed.

Dark Archon
02-27-2008, 04:47 AM
it's called P2L (Pay-to-Leech)

I guess its a way to offset server cost and the lack of donation perhaps.

we can't do much about it.

BlueLabel
02-27-2008, 07:22 AM
all the trackers have to pay for servers and yet give free invites but still SCT did give invites once, at 1.1.2008 and that was nice
I wish thing like that happen more often