PDA

View Full Version : how to disqualify certain Peers IP automatically?

nirvana_522
02-26-2008, 11:13 PM
Hello All
first of all I wanna apologize for my English.
so .. I'm need your supportive help guys plz
the question is how can I disqualify certain country peer's IP in my torrent client?
in advanced I wanna my Azureus (for ex.) to disqualify a range of IP for certain country depends on the last part of the domain or the ISP for example:
proxy.something.net.FF
if any peers I connect with using the .FF for its connection and I wanna prevent my client to connect with ... what I have to do .. if that possible for sure?
:):):)

Bionic
02-26-2008, 11:15 PM
May I know why you would like to do that?
I don't think there's a way to block it only if the torrent client had a firewall, lol.

nirvana_522
02-26-2008, 11:20 PM
May I know why you would like to do that?
I don't think there's a way to block it only if the torrent client had a firewall, lol.
LOL I know that very strange request but really its related to my ISP requirement :mellow:

Bionic
02-26-2008, 11:24 PM
Your in Syria? Lol, Salam Alaykum..
Neways, I don't think your ISP can catch you easily, trust me. Even if, they won't bother much?

nirvana_522
02-26-2008, 11:26 PM
Your in Syria? Lol, Salam Alaykum..
Neways, I don't think your ISP can catch you easily, trust me. Even if, they won't bother much?
Marhaba man :D
I think they are restrict a bit about that issue:unsure:

Bionic
02-26-2008, 11:34 PM
The correct way to configure a bit-torrent client, such as bitcomet, is to configure your modem/router to forward (open) a listening port to receive inbound connections from other users client software and configuring your firewall to accept inbound connections through this port. I think you should disable it from your router, my guess.

http://hubpages.com/hub/Torrent-Configurations

I know this Torrent Client sucks but what to do:
http://www.quartermeg.com/turbotorrent-review.htm
*Ability to block IP temporarily or permanently.

Alien5
02-26-2008, 11:37 PM
@Bionic: he's not asking about how to be Connectable. he asked: how can he disqualify certain country peer's IP in his torrent client.

stoi
02-26-2008, 11:44 PM
what about adding it to safepeer in Az

or the ipfilter.dat in Utorrent

I dont use safepeer/ipfilter/PG/Protowall though so i have not got a clue how you would go about adding them to it, but it may be possible.

Bionic
02-26-2008, 11:48 PM
@Bionic: he's not asking about how to be Connectable. he asked: how can he disqualify certain country peer's IP in his torrent client.

"How to block certain IPs."

jam0980tr
02-27-2008, 12:14 AM
1st thing you have to have the range 2nd add it too a ipdate file reload it on utorrent and you will see the ip blocking

or use peer guardian 2 and make you own blacklist ip