PDA

View Full Version : torrentfreak disappointment

Polarbear
02-27-2008, 07:56 AM
i really like to browse torrentfreak on a weekly basis. i think they are a good news ressource, the articles are mostly well written and based on good research.

i also like their weekly most popular movies on bittorrent statistics to see what kind of movies are hot.

today i checked their forums/discussions for the first time and i couldn't believe my eyes.

the place is full of invite sellers. people openly sell accounts, people offer certain amounts for invites, people flame each other for scamming.

that was a really big disappointment for me. how can the editors tolerate this? a serious news ressource that provides us with informative articles about the bittorrent world on the one hand, has a forum full of scam, trash and invite/account selling scumbags on the other hand.

they should trash their whole discussion section.

shame on you, torrentfreak!!! :angry:

Bionic
02-27-2008, 07:59 AM
Yea, actually sad to see TF to get it's rep down. I'll still keep reading them tho. FST is here at anyhow. :P

Polarbear
02-27-2008, 08:06 AM
it is really unbelievable what can be found in their forums. i always thought ebay invite sellers are the worst, but this tops everything i've seen so far.

i'm speechlees that torrentfreak provides those assholes with a platform for their deals.

so much for the "sharing" principal of bittorrent that they praise so often.

Zaxx
02-27-2008, 08:13 AM
Have seen loads of racism and flaming beyond belief. TF needs to make a stand and clean up this crap.

VIZFX
02-27-2008, 08:14 AM
That kind of crap going on at TF is the reason so many great trackers close their invites. That affects us all, even if it's not going on here at FST.

Dark Archon
02-27-2008, 08:23 AM
People have no respect for TorrentFreak, basically exploiting the site. Since its one of the best site for torrent sources, those sellers are taking advantage of the view hits daily. Whenever there was a news about a tracker, all the comments down the page were like

5$ for what.cd invites or something

it's really disappointing and ugly to see those posts even in comments page.

fOrUmAs
02-27-2008, 08:43 AM
i love TorrentFreak becuase they are very good source for torrent news..

and for forum this is nothing new,they are selling very long time there so im suprise that u just now checked they forum..

also if u want something to change there then u are in wrong place

grimms
02-27-2008, 08:48 AM
The place is absolutely horrendous. I stopped going in their forums due to that very reason. People selling invites like candy it's a disgrace. The author probably just doesn't want to get involved with the forum side of things(Look the other way type of situation).

Sylar666
02-27-2008, 09:25 AM
Never checked before. It's appalling and pathetic, really.

drasked
02-27-2008, 09:44 AM
Never been on there for the forum, only the news, but after taking a peek it is indeed pretty shocking to see.

FatBob
02-27-2008, 09:48 AM
did you try posting this in the TF forum? :unsure:

Polarbear
02-27-2008, 09:57 AM

no, but i'm going to write an email to the founder and main editor.

also never forget that we are a public forum.

some torrentfreak editors will read this.

fOrUmAs
02-27-2008, 10:05 AM

no, but i'm going to write an email to the founder and main editor.

also never forget that we are a public forum.

some torrentfreak editors will read this.

yes they maybe will read this,but probably nothing will change,unless u or someone else is big donor to them then maybe..

Something Else
02-27-2008, 12:02 PM
Sounds like FST with better news. :whistling:

Oh look I want some accounts. I will buy a phat seedbox then give it to a stranger in exchange for a fake identity. :slap:

Polarbear
02-27-2008, 12:14 PM

Oh look I want some accounts. I will buy a phat seedbox then give it to a stranger in exchange for a fake identity. :slap:
:D sometimes it needs an old member to speak out the truth.

athenaesword
02-28-2008, 03:18 PM
in order to change the rules/content for their forums, you'd need ppl heavily modding. i guess they just can't be bothered seeing as it's already so infested. alot of how a community turns out depends on how it's being shaped by the people in charge. i'm guessing it's just not a priority to them compared to the good articles that they churn out.

imo the easiest thing for them would be to actually close the forum entirely, but then come on which torrent newssite doesn't have a forum. so they do, and that's all the point there is to it: to have a forum. whatever goes on in there doesn't matter.

dunson
02-28-2008, 03:26 PM
It is really bad. They closed the forums a few months ago for a while, or were going to do it for good (in October I think).

The other thing I don't like about the site is they are a bit hyperbolic and too biased in their news stories. I know its just a blog, but I don't like the tone of some of their pieces.

Even worse are the comments with all of the idiots cursing antipiracy groups and trolling for The Pirate Bay.

bikernin
02-28-2008, 03:42 PM

:D sometimes it needs an old member to speak out the truth.

remember our discussion about Rapidshare accounts for invites? im pretty certain theres lots more going on behind the scenes here.
as for TF, what you saw is merely a glimpse. this has been happening rhere on a regular basis and i have seen people report sellers on irc of a few trackers. TF forums have infact become famous for scammers and sellers. actually, that is how i heard about TF first. but then after looking at the news items posted here on FST, i realized that there was atleast a little value to that site. i still avoid it by reading the news here itself

phrenzy
02-28-2008, 04:08 PM
Whats really funny is how someone is looking to buy a FST account older than 30 days....................