PDA

View Full Version : My uTorrent Client only uses a max of 46 Seeders...

Bionic
02-27-2008, 09:11 AM
My uTorrent Client only uses a max of 46 Seeders... Why? It always seems sad to see that. :cry: My mate got 110+ Seeders today, and I wonder how? Thanks in advance...

I searched about this but I got no answer.

wooh
02-27-2008, 09:44 AM
Options -> Preference -> Bittorrent ->inc maximum no of connected peers on a torrent as desired

PS: Though its not desirable to change the default values:)

Bionic
02-27-2008, 02:12 PM
Enabled < %90
1. 200
2. 50
3. 4

Shall I change these? Thanks for helping.

fOrUmAs
02-27-2008, 02:21 PM
just use speed guide in utorrent and set your upload speed that u have and that is all,u really dont need to set manualy
dont forget that all depends how many leechers(peers) have some torrent and u cant connect to all peers that u see in ()

btw have u port foward your ports and are u connectable on sites?

Bionic
02-27-2008, 02:35 PM
just use speed guide in utorrent and set your upload speed that u have and that is all,u really dont need to set manualy
dont forget that all depends how many leechers(peers) have some torrent and u cant connect to all peers that u see in ()

What did you mean by "connectable on sites?"?
Well, I'll do what you said and give a reply in abit.

fOrUmAs
02-27-2008, 02:50 PM

What did you mean by "connectable on sites?"?
Well, I'll do what you said and give a reply in abit.

u will see it in your profile that show connectable yes or no

some sites have connectable next to your username like RevolutionTT

so if u are connectable u will connect to more leechers(peers) per torrent but if u not connectable then u cant connect on some peers

also abouth more info read here http://bt.degreez.net/firewalled.html

and the last do u see that green arrow or yelow in utorrent click it and press test if port is fowarded

and after sec or two it will show u if u are ok or u get error

Bionic
02-27-2008, 03:04 PM
I tried the last 2steps and did what you've mentioned. It's all connected but just 40-50 seeders always. I don't have accounts on such sites.

wooh
02-27-2008, 03:07 PM
Its not a case of port forward or anything else just that ur max. connections in a torrent are set to 50 as is default,if u want to connect to more seeders , inc it as u like (may b 100 /125 etc)

Enabled < %90
1. 200
2. 50
3. 4

Shall I change these? Thanks for helping.

yeah change the 2 nd one as u like;)

The Wanderer
02-27-2008, 03:08 PM
You have to patch TCPIP.SYS if you have windows xp.

Patching tcpip.sys to a higher value may help if you are having problems (such as trackers timing out when they're actually online), though setting it higher than the default may cause some routers to have freezing problems. If you would still like to patch it, you can do so with LvlLord's EventID 4226 Patcher.

http://www.lvllord.de/?lang=en&url=downloads

However, you should never set it higher than 50! net.max_halfopen should ALWAYS be set lower than the value you patched tcpip.sys to.

Bionic
02-27-2008, 03:15 PM
I need CD XP SP2 for this.. Danke Wanderer.
So are you suggesting not to change my #2 from the BitTorent?

The Wanderer
02-27-2008, 03:26 PM
It has nothing to do with #2. ;)

I use these settings:

Bionic
02-27-2008, 03:53 PM
The Wanderer, that just raised my seeds up to 100! Thanks mate! and thanks wooh. :)

The Wanderer
02-27-2008, 06:11 PM
No problem, happy seeding. ;)