PDA

View Full Version : blame sct

gtf0
02-27-2008, 12:32 PM
wtf is wrong with you ppl?
just because they implemented pay4gigs and pay4invites doesnt mean they're p2l
why the fuck are people constantly flaming sct for p2l when there are sites like TL whose admins make thousands of euros profit every month (yeah, w00t's a dirty mofo)...

why dont just people stfu and stop writing bullshit?

Something Else
02-27-2008, 12:46 PM
Sand in the vagina. :unsure:

yayyyyyy
02-27-2008, 12:46 PM
hehehe :D

yeah... real p2l sites are the ones that guarantee you "no ban" if you pay them :D

monk3y
02-27-2008, 12:59 PM
as long as i'm not getting banned for crappy reasons i don't care if they are p2l,

unlike bitmetv did back in the days, if they saw you weren't gonna donate they would've disabled you for shitty reasons :o

SAM
02-27-2008, 12:59 PM
I don't get it :)
why are you upset?
I always treasure "never pay for filesharing","invites should be free"
so,I guess SCT doesn't care about the principles of filesharing.

fOrUmAs
02-27-2008, 01:01 PM
why the fuck are people constantly flaming sct for p2l when there are sites like TL whose admins make thousands of euros profit every month (yeah, w00t's a dirty mofo)...

TL dont sell invites to members but ScT sell them lol..

also ScT dont get profit just from selling invites but also from *server cost* and other BS:huh:

dont forget that TL have more that 160K members compare to Sct with only 18K so that is why TL have probably *thousands of euros profit*

Innos
02-27-2008, 01:18 PM
so what ?:huh:

DasFox
02-27-2008, 01:18 PM
p2l ???

TL = TorrentLeech?

popcop23
02-27-2008, 01:28 PM
You shouldn't bring up TL as exmple...
Plus ScT sells invites which is wrong.!

Nemrod
02-27-2008, 01:32 PM
What I donīt believe is people complaining about trackers like TL, SCT or F*N and most of them would give their asses for a invite or an account to those trackers, and those who have it yet, well... if not happy there, delete it or let it die. Letīs see how many unhappy users do that. Complaining is free, run a site is not.
Come on! We are talking about trackers, private trackers, not ONGs, hospitals or any aids organization. Governments donīt give them aid or subsidy for paying bills, and running a tracker costs money.
Owners can and have the right to do whatever they want to run the sites, they are PRIVATE sites, if somebody canīt deal with that, keep walking, find one that meets his requirements, or go to The Pirate Bay or Mininova and be happy.

gtf0
02-27-2008, 01:42 PM

also ScT dont get profit just from selling invites but also from *server cost* and other BS:huh:

dont forget that TL have more that 160K members compare to Sct with only 18K so that is why TL have probably *thousands of euros profit*

wtf u talking about mate?
nobody is forcing u to buy an invite
TL is making huge profit with their p2l, and still people would rather flame sct than tl

Sekai
02-27-2008, 02:06 PM
Who cares about some angry geeks opinion? It's a great site, and that's all that matters.

DrParker
02-27-2008, 02:09 PM
SCT is #1 and no matter what ppl willl say about them..its a private site and they
can do whatever they want with it and if u dont like it go to TPB and download in
a 0.3 kbs rate lol

rogerse
02-27-2008, 02:12 PM
Selling invites to members is one thing, atleast not really profitting by selling to non-members, but p2l is waaay worse.It slows everyone down when a few lazy ppl leech like hell just because admins want to profit, if more ppl simply pay they're won't be any seeders and it'd be a dead site.

monk3y
02-27-2008, 02:12 PM
Who cares about some angry geeks opinion? It's a great site, and that's all that matters.

there's no need to bring racism to your reply m8. :dry:

fOrUmAs
02-27-2008, 02:15 PM

wtf u talking about mate?
nobody is forcing u to buy an invite
TL is making huge profit with their p2l, and still people would rather flame sct than tl

of course that no one forcing anything,but its the fact that if u want to join there u will need to pay to get invite unlike on other sites ,also that is not the point here..

ScT also making huge profit from donations like any major site..(if u have bigger userbase u will have more donors)

if the ScT have that many users as TL they will makeing abouth half milion per month from donations and by selling invites lol

Bionic
02-27-2008, 02:21 PM
You people talking like there's no other place than trackers in the world. Everywhere you do need to pay, comeon. Sites wish to get laid or not.

dragos
02-27-2008, 02:25 PM
p2l is waaay worse.It slows everyone down when a few lazy ppl leech like hell just because admins want to profit, if more ppl simply pay they're won't be any seeders and it'd be a dead site.

they don't give the kind of amount that would let you leech like hell without seeding. That's the difference between sct and other "real" p2l trackers. For example in rev tt or bmtv you get hundreds of gigs for a fair price which really do alow you to leech without seeding. But on sct you get a small amount for a high price. That imo is simply a small reward for your help with the tracker costs. If they really wouldn't care about the site and it's users they would do like others, hundreds of gigs at small prices, banning if you refuse to donate and stuff like that

stoi
02-27-2008, 02:31 PM
The media are idiots, why does everyone seem to think that every tracker makes a ton of profit.

I want to go co-location instead of dedicated (as the hosts we looking at dont have dual quad core and 16gig ram servers on dedicated).

but at the rate donations are going, it will be another 4 months till i can afford to go co-location, and seemingly TL have 14 co-location servers. not sure if all of those are used on the site though.

Trackers do different things to keep themselves alive, and trust me, as i have tried it, just offering the star and nothing else, is not the way to do it.

we have just under 50,000 members (we did have 100,000 before) and we probably make the same as when we had 100,000.

the truth is only a very small proportion of members actually donate. when i 1st started BCG i got 2 donations of Ģ10 each in over 1 year, and hat was from the same member lol and i would estimate its about 0.3% donate at all, and 0.15% donate for anything extra (VIP, Gigs etc etc).

so if you hear the media saying that such and such a site was making XXX a month, 1/16 it or even 1/32 it and your probably closer to the mark.

as for "selling" invites, its up to them, personally i will never go that route, but what i wont do doesnt mean other trackers cant do.

Presto
02-27-2008, 02:32 PM
of course that no one forcing anything,but its the fact that if u want to join there u will need to pay to get invite unlike on other sites ,also that is not the point here..

ScT also making huge profit from donations like any major site..(if u have bigger userbase u will have more donors)

if the ScT have that many users as TL they will makeing abouth half milion per month from donations and by selling invites lol

You don't need to necessarily pay to get invites. Unlike many other trackers ScT values old & dedicated members, which is why some members might have up to 10 invites. I have a couple of invites and I have never paid for them. Just 2 months ago they gave every Power User+ an invite. Plus ScT holds contests every now and then, where anyone can win not only invites, but also GBs. Donation is just for people, who HAVE money and would like to help their favourite tracker. I doubt it was initially thought as an online shop, but as a thank you for those who donate. Why don't you whine about the trackers that never even give their members a chance to invite friends?

Btw. have you been banned from ScT? I mean where comes all that hatred when it comes to ScT? You should try to get over it. It's none of your business how much money they make or how they use it anyway.

jasperr
02-27-2008, 02:33 PM
i don't understand, why this discussion(again).... yeah, the only thing that sucks is that just about the only way to get an invite to sct is to buy'em... unless ya wait for their yearly generousity which they tend to give out at least one for nothing... lol

but even so, it doesn't effect the performance of the site.. i've had no problems at all with them thus far, and i've been a member for sometime now... if some dumbass wants to waste their money with paying to leech that their problem... it's not wright but, bitching about it isn't gonna get the message accross nor will it change a thing.. true they don't adhear to the concept of filesharing, but, they also don't say pay or your out either, at least from what i know.. as far as TL goes... i've heard a mixed bag about them also.. either way, i'm not happy with the paths these sites have chosen but, from my standpoint the topic of this thread is irrelevant .. cause it has no effect on the members really or the overall operations of the site(s) in question..

(and here i go with my anti-traderism.. :P)

but here's a thought... perhaps, just perhaps .... maybe, if people didn't highly covet these sites so much and traders didn't go rampant with the desire to get'em (at the expense of others) ... maybe they would never have chosen to initiate such systems.... but, since traders are traders and the trackers know that traders don't give a crap... they decided to impliment thses p2l and take advantage of the situation... and here we are discussing issues that probally we brought on ourselves overtime..
(mind you i'm not just saying it's traders fault... so sorry for highlighting them, in reality its everyone who highly covets them without merit.. good sites yes.. but think of it this way, what usually happens when ya put people on pedestools??..... they get big heads)

anywho
-REGUARDS

DasFox
02-27-2008, 02:35 PM
When the war settles would someone please tell me who or what is p2l ?

And is TL, TorrentLeech?

THANKS

jasperr
02-27-2008, 02:39 PM
When the war settles would someone please tell me who or what is p2l ?

And is TL, TorrentLeech?

THANKS

lol...

yes TL is TorrentLeech

and P2L = Pay to Leech

it's a system where ya pay X amount of $$ to leech files without having to seed back anything.. (supossedly)

a kinda crappy system for all BUT, the site admins....

Swordfish
02-27-2008, 02:40 PM
p2l = pay to leech. (in effect, paying for upload credits and becoming "immune" to being disabled. People tend to just leech and not really seed back too.)
TL = torrentleech (a torrent tracker)

EDIT: Beaten to it grrr

Anyway, I'm shocked at how many people there are bitching at ScT.

Why don't we just make one sticky for all the ScT haters so it doesn't clog up the rest of the forum :D:P

I wasn't too impressed with paying 20 Euros to invite my friend, but what can you do? (Apart from bitching).

I don't agree with it. Maybe 10 Euros is more acceptable, but on the plus side, it does stop the leeching mofos getting in.

jasperr
02-27-2008, 02:57 PM
p2l = pay to leech. (in effect, paying for upload credits and becoming "immune" to being disabled. People tend to just leech and not really seed back too.)
TL = torrentleech (a torrent tracker)

EDIT: Beaten to it grrr

Anyway, I'm shocked at how many people there are bitching at ScT.

Why don't we just make one sticky for all the ScT haters so it doesn't clog up the rest of the forum :D:P

I wasn't too impressed with paying 20 Euros to invite my friend, but what can you do? (Apart from bitching).

I don't agree with it. Maybe 10 Euros is more acceptable, but on the plus side, it does stop the leeching mofos getting in.

thats one of the main points.... ya shouldn't have to be paying for an invite.. but, they do give invites at least once a year accross the board.. only problem with that is they are in such demand people think they deserve more cause they are mad that if they have 5 "freinds" they have to pay the money, since they olny give out 1 or 2 invites a year for free.. and the rest.. well, the traders get mad cause they don't want to shell out the money to buy themselves invites to trade'em off.. lol .. thats about it in a nutshell....

rogerse
02-27-2008, 03:12 PM
p2l is waaay worse.It slows everyone down when a few lazy ppl leech like hell just because admins want to profit, if more ppl simply pay they're won't be any seeders and it'd be a dead site.

they don't give the kind of amount that would let you leech like hell without seeding. That's the difference between sct and other "real" p2l trackers. For example in rev tt or bmtv you get hundreds of gigs for a fair price which really do alow you to leech without seeding. But on sct you get a small amount for a high price. That imo is simply a small reward for your help with the tracker costs. If they really wouldn't care about the site and it's users they would do like others, hundreds of gigs at small prices, banning if you refuse to donate and stuff like that

Yeah, meant others unlike SCT, like torrentleech where you can pay for vip and get unlimited leech for period of time, and so really slowing things down, all for paying for "server costs".

Thats the kind of thing ppl should complain about, selling invites to ppl who are members isn't that bad, not like selling no non-members, as if your selling the site itself as a service.

pone44
02-27-2008, 03:34 PM
Wow, i hear it is a good site but do not know for myself. But paying to get in is wrong-s*t, every members wants 30 eur for 1 invite. not dissing the site. I do not think they approve of that either? i am sure people help them out w-out the invite situation factored? tl has no system like that from what they post here.

5+4=9
02-27-2008, 04:17 PM
What's the problem with p2l??

You only pay if you want

It's their home they do whatever they want

If you don't like it stay away

jasperr
02-27-2008, 04:56 PM
tl has no system like that from what they post here.

it's called V.I.P on TL

dythim
02-27-2008, 04:58 PM
Every tracker is different. You do not have to P2L for most of them but if you don't like it cause the wait is too long to dl something, then just get it elsewhere. If you don't like certain trackers, then don't use it. Too many trackers out there to be complaining about a few.

I wonder if this is because people want in to ScT and they can't get in so they complain more?

grimms
02-27-2008, 05:11 PM
The media are idiots, why does everyone seem to think that every tracker makes a ton of profit.

I want to go co-location instead of dedicated (as the hosts we looking at dont have dual quad core and 16gig ram servers on dedicated).

but at the rate donations are going, it will be another 4 months till i can afford to go co-location, and seemingly TL have 14 co-location servers. not sure if all of those are used on the site though.

Trackers do different things to keep themselves alive, and trust me, as i have tried it, just offering the star and nothing else, is not the way to do it.

we have just under 50,000 members (we did have 100,000 before) and we probably make the same as when we had 100,000.

the truth is only a very small proportion of members actually donate. when i 1st started BCG i got 2 donations of Ģ10 each in over 1 year, and hat was from the same member lol and i would estimate its about 0.3% donate at all, and 0.15% donate for anything extra (VIP, Gigs etc etc).

so if you hear the media saying that such and such a site was making XXX a month, 1/16 it or even 1/32 it and your probably closer to the mark.

as for "selling" invites, its up to them, personally i will never go that route, but what i wont do doesnt mean other trackers cant do.

Use the 80/20 rule.

20% of all BCG members make up 80% of the donation profit.
20% of all BCG members upload 80% of it's content.
20% of all BCG members post 80% of the content in the forums.
20% of BCG staff time will make an 80% difference (In a good way)

All that came to mind after reading your example of 2 donations coming from the same member in a years time.:happy:

BlueLabel
02-27-2008, 05:19 PM
I dont believe in selling invites but Nemrod right
the site owner have the right to do what is like and if someone dont like it , well.... no one force him to be there

Defy
02-27-2008, 05:19 PM
Really P2L is an option, people don't HAVE to roll with it. Personally I think it's a bunch of a crap because why would I want to PAY to ILLEGALLY download a file? The whole reason I use BT is so I don't have to purchase anything! Granted it'd still be a lot cheaper but that's dancing around the principle.

In any case, I don't bitch about it either. What I said above was just an explanation/opinion, and as I mentioned P2L isn't required so those doing it do it willingly. I think the funniest examples are those that purchase download credit and then complain after. Seriously, WTF is that all about? Lol. :unsure:

psychophil
02-27-2008, 06:39 PM
FFS if they see P2L as another way of keeping the site running,
What is wrong with that.

rogerse
02-27-2008, 06:50 PM
pay2l would be fine if it wasn't something that negativly impacted other users, its all at the expense of other leechers who do seed, and just so admins can profit and lazy ppl don't have to seed.

bunny67
02-27-2008, 07:12 PM
[QUOTE=Defy;2694930]Really P2L is an option, people don't HAVE to roll with it. Personally I think it's a bunch of a crap because why would I want to PAY to ILLEGALLY download a file? The whole reason I use BT is so I don't have to purchase anything! Granted it'd still be a lot cheaper but that's dancing around the principle.QUOTE]i agree totally ,you wouldnt go into m n s steal a jumper, put it in your bag then pay on the way out duh!

SAM
02-27-2008, 07:51 PM
What is wrong with that.
what's wrong is your signature.mate :)
community is nothing but sharing :)
how come if we share for money.what does file sharing means then,if we take money and profit out of it.
there are some rules on which the bt torrent community was based.one of them is filesharing is free and the other is invites always free too.
sct is just trying to get around these rules and just make money out of its members that's why it bans many members for trivial reasons just to get new ones who will pay money.

Brandon
02-27-2008, 08:30 PM
Reason why people bitch about sct, is b/c sct lies about their motives.

TL openly admits they make a profit. SCT openly lies about it saying they make 0 profit, when for the past 8 months or so the donations go up at least 100% more than needed, yet that money never surfaces. Personally, I have a lot of respect for TL b/c of that very reason.

I have a quote which I cannot paste due to a promise I made to someone that verifies a statement made by an sct admin "in person" claiming about how other sites are making at least $1,000 per month, which was the basis of sct becoming p2l.

Believe me or not, i don't give a shit. I won't paste the quote unless I have his permission.
The world hates liars.

PS: don't shoot the messenger (me). I could care less what goes on, just felt I'd share my opinion on why people attack sct and not tl.

psychophil
02-27-2008, 08:58 PM
What is wrong with that.
what's wrong is your signature.mate :)
community is nothing but sharing :)
how come if we share for money.what does file sharing means then,if we take money and profit out of it.
there are some rules on which the bt torrent community was based.one of them is filesharing is free and the other is invites always free too.
sct is just trying to get around these rules and just make money out of its members that's why it bans many members for trivial reasons just to get new ones who will pay money.

I'm not trying to be hypocritical, I totally believe in sharing.
I however don't have spare money to provide myself with upload GB's.I have never paid for the priviledge.
So I do it the old fashioned way and SEED, SEED, SEED

gtf0
02-27-2008, 10:46 PM
bullshit

ya ok

and yet ... when ull leave ftn already?

Fibre
02-27-2008, 10:56 PM
TorrentLeech is a money laundering operation on a huge scale. I'm fairly sure SceneTorrents is small in comparison.

iamKy666
02-27-2008, 11:22 PM
Every man must find a way to gain money.Whats wrong with that guys???Ne1 is obligating no1 to pay for something.
Peace.

Brandon
02-28-2008, 12:15 AM
bullshit

ya ok

and yet ... when ull leave ftn already?

And the purpose of this post is what exactly? I'll leave ftn whenever I feel I don't have time for it, like it's any of your business ;) Yet once again.. FTN always gets brought up in sct threads, and sct always gets brought up in ftn threads. Try to stay on topic ;)

Everyone knows you're a diehard sct user. You don't have to keep reminding us.

BlueLabel
02-28-2008, 04:38 AM
why not making money through advertising ???
I'm sure many companies would be interesed like games/DVDs stores
why not give it a chance??

Wizzcameron
02-28-2008, 04:50 AM

TL openly admits they make a profit. SCT openly lies about it saying they make 0 profit, when for the past 8 months or so the donations go up at least 100% more than needed, yet that money never surfaces. Personally, I have a lot of respect for TL b/c of that very reason.

I have a quote which I cannot paste due to a promise I made to someone that verifies a statement made by an sct admin "in person" claiming about how other sites are making at least $1,000 per month, which was the basis of sct becoming p2l.

Believe me or not, i don't give a shit. I won't paste the quote unless I have his permission.
The world hates liars.

PS: don't shoot the messenger (me). I could care less what goes on, just felt I'd share my opinion on why people attack sct and not tl.

Oh look at that ScT shares just popped up on the NYSE.. Quick Brandon buybuy! With all these excess donations you can expect quite a nice dividend at the end of this period!

Still stands the option is there for those who want to donate to the site.... If you have a problem with it don't donate it's simple...

:dry:

Brandon
02-28-2008, 06:30 AM

The world hates liars.

Oh look at that ScT shares just popped up on the NYSE.. Quick Brandon buybuy! With all these excess donations you can expect quite a nice dividend at the end of this period!

Still stands the option is there for those who want to donate to the site.... If you have a problem with it don't donate it's simple...

:dry:

Thanks for stating the obvious.

hit79
02-28-2008, 07:52 AM
I do not believe or hope that not to be true that sct disable acc only for money.That is the true problem.Since now i don't have problem and i'm not a donor.I think that is not a problem if sct take a lot of money.Another problem is to conditioning the dono status of access some normal utility ,like pisexy. that is not hapen in sct..Sorry for my japaneze.

Dark Archon
02-28-2008, 08:05 AM

but wouldn't you think having implemented schemes such as paying for an invite is bit too much? donations are enabled on all trackers anyways.

(I)
03-10-2008, 05:35 AM

And don't forget that TL admins. don't ban users for nothing u can keep the same account for years. lol
Really I wasn't a member of ScT, but I think TL admins doing a fair deal of course u won't find a good community their as in TB for example but some people are paying to insure the other nonpayers a very well sever. It's totally business, and totally fair, no freeleech no double count no paying GBs just keep a well defined artio and u won't fired everything in #s. Of course community trackers as TB, (and ftn I guess) has other way to handle the situation but anyway it's points of view matter.

Qlix
03-10-2008, 10:21 AM
ScT sucks, p2l or not. Enough said.