PDA

View Full Version : Seedbox Sharing

CatDogMan
02-28-2008, 03:06 AM
I've found a great OVH reseller (FINALLY) but I know I can't use up all the resources by myself :/

So if anyone's been looking to get in on a seedbox, let me know. It'll be through TorrentFlux, which has a web gui. It's REALLY easy.

Unlimited badnwidth, 750GB HDD, 100mbps.

So I guess just PM me if you're interested.

Aliyans
02-28-2008, 04:32 AM
hi
what is the rate??

Submission
02-28-2008, 04:43 AM
scam

CatDogMan
02-28-2008, 04:46 AM
The rate depends on how much HDD space you'd be using.

PM me and we can work something out ;)

BlueLabel
02-28-2008, 04:50 AM
scam

more deteils please

CatDogMan
02-28-2008, 04:51 AM
He has none. I don't know where that came from...

1000possibleclaws
02-28-2008, 04:53 AM
He has none. I don't know where that came from...

his 'details' are presumably that you're new here and you have none either

Submission
02-28-2008, 04:56 AM
you have been here for less than a month and you are asking people to give you REAL money.

you're an idiot scammer.

SgtMajor
02-28-2008, 04:59 AM

Be more transparent.

Links to what you got, how much it costs etc.

IMO, it's best to split costs & resources 50/50, and you need to offer tflux & FTP, and remember, if you are selling something, they they become a customer, so treat each other with due respect, these arrangements have a nasty habit of making enemies rather then friends.

And one more thing, you both can't be downloading at max at the same time, so try to be accommodating with who is downloading when.

CatDogMan
02-28-2008, 05:00 AM
... What the hell can I say?

Would it matter if I created this account a year ago?

Trust me, I've been in the BitTorrent community for a long, long time, and I've made my way up in the "ranks".

But I can't really change your mind, so, whatever. -.-'

Be more transparent.

IMO, it's best to split costs & resources 50/50, and you need to offer tflux & FTP, and remember, if you are selling something, they they become a customer, so treat each other with due respect, these arrangements have a nasty habit of making enemies rather then friends.

And one more thing, you both can't be downloading at max at the same time, so try to be accommodating with who is downloading when.

http://www.ovh.co.uk/products/start100mpluspluslarge.xml

That's the exact server. However, since I'm getting it from a reseller, it will cost $180 for the first month, and $130 every month thereafter.

People will get the TFlux account, and FTP FROM the server. Not TO the server. But, if you really need that, we can set it up.

I'm a reasonable and negotiable guy. If you're looking for something specific, such as less than 1 month's access, we can work it out.

carbon0
02-28-2008, 10:25 AM
people will buy there own seedboxes

fatcat69
02-28-2008, 10:50 AM
... What the hell can I say?

Would it matter if I created this account a year ago?

Trust me, I've been in the BitTorrent community for a long, long time, and I've made my way up in the "ranks".

But I can't really change your mind, so, whatever. -.-'

Be more transparent.

http://www.ovh.co.uk/products/start100mpluspluslarge.xml

That's the exact server. However, since I'm getting it from a reseller, it will cost $180 for the first month, and $130 every month thereafter.

People will get the TFlux account, and FTP FROM the server. Not TO the server. But, if you really need that, we can set it up.

I'm a reasonable and negotiable guy. If you're looking for something specific, such as less than 1 month's access, we can work it out.

Wow a 2x markup....thats f'ing crazy.

There are cheaper OvH resellers out there...way cheaper. Go to your major torrent site and they are on there...just look

:lol:

bikernin
02-28-2008, 11:01 AM
exactly what i was wondering! sounds like a ripoff to me.
the seedboxes ive seen on PT have been by far the cheapest ive ever come across

BlueLabel
02-28-2008, 11:05 AM
he isnt the first one
I saw fatcat post couple days ago about someone stupid server company here
he well know how to detect them

fatcat69
02-28-2008, 11:16 AM
he isnt the first one
I saw fatcat post couple days ago about someone stupid server company here
he well know how to detect them

Ya I cleaned up that mess in a jiffy.

F'ing crazy how people try to take advantage of fellow man.

so sad:dry:

BlueLabel
02-28-2008, 11:20 AM
new tag for you sherlock
from now on you will be called fatcat69 - the scamm server detector
you will have 5 golden star icon as a chief
* wow 5 golden star I bet squirrel will be jealous

Bionic
02-28-2008, 11:35 AM

I don't know what PT is, could you maybe link me to it through PM? Thanks in advacne...

Also, I'd prefer to rent a seedbox from a website and a trusted one.

bikernin
02-28-2008, 11:40 AM
PT is a torrent tracker. the uploaders there use seedboxes which are cheap and fast.
bluelabel : fatcat has his specialities - spam and scam :lol:
squirr3l specializes in only the 1st one

fatcat69
02-28-2008, 11:43 AM

I don't know what PT is, could you maybe link me to it through PM? Thanks in advacne...

Also, I'd prefer to rent a seedbox from a website and a trusted one.

If you are looking for cheaper resellers, check the torrent sites that are common place for lots of seedboxes among average users...

ScT and SCC

Bionic
02-28-2008, 11:49 AM
Ain't looking for a reseller, how about a cheap and good one on a official site like-not private?

fatcat69
02-28-2008, 11:53 AM
Ain't looking for a reseller, how about a cheap and good one on a official site like-not private?

Well budget = VPS, you can get a pretty decent VPS from hosting ie
Raptor 5 or any of the Raptor + series.
http://hosting-ie.com/content/view/29/66/

For more money you can get dedicated hosting from a variety of companies...check the faq in my signature for a quick rating of the popular ones.

briand5379
02-28-2008, 02:13 PM
Care to provide us with a reseller website. If you don't have one it's doubtful people will be interested. For anyone who didn't know all the OVH resellers I've seen out there charge a significantly higher price then OVH does.

Hosting-ie will hit you in the pocket too with hidden fees so make sure you run through all the steps to see what your pricing will be cause the price they provide is only for renting the server. They also incur a setup fee and tax which can add up significantly if your not careful.

fatcat69
02-28-2008, 02:21 PM
Care to provide us with a reseller website. If you don't have one it's doubtful people will be interested. For anyone who didn't know all the OVH resellers I've seen out there charge a significantly higher price then OVH does.

Hosting-ie will hit you in the pocket too with hidden fees so make sure you run through all the steps to see what your pricing will be cause the price they provide is only for renting the server. They also incur a setup fee and tax which can add up significantly if your not careful.

Vps dont have setup fees unless you get the extremes.

briand5379
02-28-2008, 02:29 PM
You'd be incorrect. All the raptors include set up fees unless you sign for a long term contract which I believe is 6 months. Do the research as they let you run up the tab before you have to pay for it.

fatcat69
02-28-2008, 03:06 PM
You'd be incorrect. All the raptors include set up fees unless you sign for a long term contract which I believe is 6 months. Do the research as they let you run up the tab before you have to pay for it.

Why would you only get a vps for 1 month? They are so cheap and they keep your personal ip outta the whole tracker relm. Everyone I know who has vps has them for about a year...its cheaper then upgrading your cable to handle the stress of torrenting! :lol:

If you are only going to use it for a month, that would be the point of a dedicated box.

fazzy07
02-28-2008, 06:10 PM
http://boardster.net/seedbox/index.php
This is one of the ovh resellers. The prices are crazy

I am a PT member. can you PM me the link on PT

Why would you only get a vps for 1 month? They are so cheap and they keep your personal ip outta the whole tracker relm. Everyone I know who has vps has them for about a year...its cheaper then upgrading your cable to handle the stress of torrenting! :lol:

If you are only going to use it for a month, that would be the point of a dedicated box.

I dont get it. Why are you guys so crazy about vps. Its not any cheaper

The rental + taxes + contract comes to around $70 bucks

For $75 get a dedimove.com box and use the hell out of it for one month

I have seen people push over 10TB a month there

Also, its crazy and waste of money to have seedbox for a year unless one wants to show off their e-penis

Me, I ll use one month of dedibox, buffer like crazy on 4-5 acc and use buffer for one year. That makes more sense to me

slayer2005
02-28-2008, 06:25 PM
ur all looking n the wrong places.
go to webhostingtalk.com
companys plus resleers.
were i get my boxes from.

fatcat69
02-28-2008, 06:56 PM
http://boardster.net/seedbox/index.php
This is one of the ovh resellers. The prices are crazy

I am a PT member. can you PM me the link on PT

I dont get it. Why are you guys so crazy about vps. Its not any cheaper

The rental + taxes + contract comes to around $70 bucks

For $75 get a dedimove.com box and use the hell out of it for one month

I have seen people push over 10TB a month there

Also, its crazy and waste of money to have seedbox for a year unless one wants to show off their e-penis

Me, I ll use one month of dedibox, buffer like crazy on 4-5 acc and use buffer for one year. That makes more sense to me

Dedibox...have fun with that, when your server gets busted (and its like the 3 red lights on xbox 360...only a matter of time) dont come posting in here about how you are getting screwed over. I think there server center has a tuesday raid special, where if you are a cop, and you are on the raid team for that week, you get free lunch in the cafeteria. And if a raid doesnt bust you, dedibox themselves will, I know 2 people who, after a week of torrents, had their access to the boxes removed for violating terms of use.

Ill stick to my dedicated server from OvH and my hosting ie vps anyday of the week. Cheaper, Um Cheaper, ...Cheaper...and 10x better hardware for the money. Plus dont have to worry really about the french police knocking on the door, or the fact that dedibox is known for looking for torrent users.

Good luck :lol:

here is the math since you got it pretty much wrong up there:

Hosting ie Raptor 5: (unlimited bandwidth, speeds avg 11 down, 8 up)

Processor Power: 2,0 GHz
http://www.netclusive.de/images/haken.gif Memory: 1 GB RAM
http://www.netclusive.de/images/haken.gif 60 GB Webspace
http://www.netclusive.de/images/haken.gif Unlimited Traffic
http://www.netclusive.de/images/haken.gif Full Root Access
http://www.netclusive.de/images/haken.gif 100 mbit (Master Server)

6 months = $358 = $60 a month.

Vectoral Zephyr (note limited bandwidth) 11 down 6 up (disk overload due to outdated hardware...aka ide harddrives)

Intel® Pentium™ IV 2.4 GHZ
1024MB DDR-RAM
80GB 7.2K RPM IDE-HDD
3000GB Bandwidth

6 months = $107.90 per month + $20 setup = $667.40

OvH START 100M LARGE + (unlimited bandwidth) 11down and up

Intel Pentium :
IV 3.00 GHz 2007
or
Dual 2.00 GHz 2008
Architecture 32 bits
RAM 1 GB DDR
Hard disk 750 GB
Type of disk IDE / SATA2
Bandwidth 100 Mbps
Traffic limit unlimited

6 Months: $371

Dedi Move:
» CPU VIA 2Ghz - 1024 MB RAM - 160 GB of hard drive
» 100Mbit/Sec unmetered bandwitch.

6 Months= $75*6*1.175 (17.5% vat isnt included on their home page) = $528 oh and for 1 month its = $90

So by your math, Dedimove is the best value...

right...not for anyone who can count!

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

naq
02-28-2008, 07:34 PM
Just by experience, I would pay more to get a dedicated server than a VPS. Here are some advantages:

- Dedicated hardware, not shared
- Runs more stable
- Not sharing bandwidth with other VPS
- Ability to remote reboot. I don't know any VPS that can do this, you must request a reboot, and wait.
- Host cannot view what you have on the HD

briand5379
02-28-2008, 07:38 PM
Who ever thought server talk could be such a heated discussion.

CatDogMan
02-29-2008, 02:46 AM
Ordering the server tomorrow. Should be up by Sunday.

yozshura
02-29-2008, 02:38 PM
- Ability to remote reboot. I don't know any VPS that can do this, you must request a reboot, and wait.
What i know is vice versa, not many dedicated box providers give you remote reboot. With VPS you could reboot through the VPS control panel.

Why not ?? If they want to have a look, they can do it. It's their server anyway. The matter is whether they want to view, or not.

mr.Dman
02-29-2008, 03:21 PM

Fatcat69 I'm with you I want to keep my Ip address out of the stream.
I have fios so yes I can download and up fast from home but better safe than sorry.
And with my dedi box I can share it with friends.

naq
03-01-2008, 02:25 AM
What i know is vice versa, not many dedicated box providers give you remote reboot. With VPS you could reboot through the VPS control panel.

Why not ?? If they want to have a look, they can do it. It's their server anyway. The matter is whether they want to view, or not.

Umm, I think you have it backwards. Off the top of my head, these providers have remote reboot in their control panel: Leaseweb, Vectoral, Softlayer, Ovh. I haven't seen a VPS that has this feature.

With VPS, it's easy to see what's on the hard drive, since the server is a virtual one. They can't login to your dedicated box if you properly set it up. Going one step further, you can setup HD encryption, so they can't see what you have even if they physically take the HD out.

CatDogMan
03-02-2008, 01:16 AM
Ordered the server :)

Everything is smooth sailing.

CatDogMan
03-03-2008, 04:24 AM
Ok, server's up.

If you want a slot, now's the time to let me know :)

slayer2005
03-03-2008, 05:06 AM
catdogman...question for u.
Are ovh still capping upload speed.
i orderd a cheap 1 of them a few months back and i couldnt get my upload above 500kbs.
downstream was fine.
I orderd from ovh.french
have u orderd from .uk...and how is ur upspeed?

cheers
slayer

CatDogMan
03-03-2008, 05:15 AM
Did a couple tests when I got it.

I saw download speeds of 10MB/s+

And upload speed of 5MB/s+ but it's probably more. I stopped the torrent before it was finished. PM me if you're interested ;)

slayer2005
03-03-2008, 05:28 AM
Nah not intrested in sharing.have a few boxes was just curious wat the upload speeds was like coz of last time i had 1.but if u can keep me informed id be gratful ;-)

CatDogMan
03-03-2008, 05:40 AM
Okey doke.

Just hit 8MB/s upload on a Ninja Turtles pack off ScT <3

slayer2005
03-03-2008, 06:36 AM
What site did u order from m8....com or .co.uk

cheers
slayer

CatDogMan
03-03-2008, 06:47 AM
.uk

slayer2005
03-03-2008, 06:56 AM
might give it a whirl then if ur upspeed is buzzing. :-)

CatDogMan
03-03-2008, 05:08 PM
It is lol :)

CatDogMan
03-04-2008, 05:33 AM
I just hope OVH's "unlimited badnwidth" is just that.... unlimited. I've used about 500GB in the first 2 days :D

CatDogMan
04-04-2008, 01:20 AM
It's been a month and new spots are available. PM me if you're interested :)

slayer2005
04-04-2008, 03:30 AM
Yhea ovh is very good.
have a 100mbit and a gbit.
on the gbit ive pushed 12tb out so far with 10 days left of the month.15tb a month and il be happy.;-)

Tobiasz
04-04-2008, 05:06 AM
Yhea ovh is very good.
on the gbit ive pushed 12tb out so far with 10 days left of the month.15tb a month and il be happy.;-)
thats nice but one person on simple Kimsufi can make 8Tb/month ;)

slayer2005
04-04-2008, 04:45 PM
Im not doubting that,but i wouldnt be able to use a kimi as im a uploader and the specs just arnt sufficient.
Only thing whats a pain with ovh is whe they say 2x250gig drives or 2x750gig drive in hard raid 1.
Its not actualy 2x.well it is but its a mirror drive,so you dont see the other drive as what gets written on the 1st drive gets backed up on the 2nd.
And it seems quite a mission to break the Acctual raid itself.
Headache indeed!

parky
04-04-2008, 09:06 PM
Yhea ovh is very good.
thats nice but one person on simple Kimsufi can make 8Tb/month ;)

Dont believe that

slayer2005
04-04-2008, 10:06 PM
lol belive witch 1?

i had a kimi around 6 months ago and couldnt push past 300kbs upload.
But they have changed it now so i couldnt comment on what they let you do on the kimi now.

fazzy07
04-05-2008, 05:00 AM
lol belive witch 1?

But they have changed it now so i couldnt comment on what they let you do on the kimi now.

I had a kimi for past 2 months and have been consistently getting 6-7mb upload and download with rtorrent and Debian
I just used to limit 1-2 simultaneous downloads because of the low ram
Its the best for that price range and no one comes close
If you have a good setup you can get good speed

SAM
04-05-2008, 05:23 AM
lol belive witch 1?

I had a kimi for past 2 months and have been consistently getting 6-7mb upload and download with rtorrent and Debian
that's true:)

mummysboy
04-05-2008, 07:37 AM
i have a kimi - its awesome.
running flux on it so ii gets upset at 10 torrents. speeds are more than impressive for 15 quid a month. down = 8MB up = constant 3MB but occasionally bursts to 5.

now the gb i have ordered is acting more like a 100MB
d=15 u=3-5

it is in SLA mode :/ im chasing it up with ovh team

slayer2005
04-05-2008, 12:55 PM
YHea i cant quite understand witch is better sla or no sla.i have gbit im on sla.
Now they have taken away the option to switch between the 2 in ur panel.
Witch is better.i dont no.ive heard differant stories.
Best speeds ive had on sla are 52mb down and 15up.

CatDogMan
04-07-2008, 02:26 AM
Yeah, I've heard OVH's GBits aren't that good...

CatDogMan
04-07-2008, 03:18 PM
Sucks about the "2x" hard drives, though. I almost ordered one of those.... I woulda been pissed =\

slayer2005
04-07-2008, 06:44 PM
Yhea u can fix it,some guy has made a tutorial.
But ovh dont surport it,but still gona try it next week.
More space the better.

The Gladiator
04-07-2008, 06:50 PM
that's true:)

If it's really true... I'm very interested :D

CatDogMan
04-09-2008, 06:47 PM
If they find out, though, I doubt they'll just look the other way

=\

mummysboy
04-10-2008, 12:38 AM
OK