PDA

View Full Version : Anime Games For Pc

Eric_Holtz
08-02-2003, 08:07 PM
Are there any decent Anime games out for the PC, preferably action, none of that just standing there and selecting spells from menu shit <_<

Xilo
08-02-2003, 08:48 PM
You dissing RPGs? <_< :angry:

Eric_Holtz
08-02-2003, 08:54 PM
Only the fighting menu element, the story&#39;s are usually very good.

I prefer actual action...

Xilo
08-02-2003, 08:57 PM
Hmm. There aren&#39;t really many good anime based games let alone PC ones. Most of them are either dating sims type games or come out really crappy like the Gundam games. Take a search at http://forum.sharereactor.com. I know I found a post with hashes for almost every anime based game. The poster included links to most of them so you can check out what type of game it is.

Have you tried the .hack games? Those are suppose to be pretty good albeit a little short. Dragonball GT Final Bout is a pretty good fighting game for the PSX.

ooo
08-02-2003, 09:12 PM
well i wouldnt consider this game anime but its like cartonish graphics...

Oni ...

Eric_Holtz
08-02-2003, 09:22 PM
Yeah, Oni&#39;s pretty good :)

(thanks Xilo, I found that list, or something like it ;)

Busyman
08-02-2003, 09:24 PM
Hey Xilo I am dissing turn-based RPGs. It&#39;s like playing a geeky board game on the TV. If want that I&#39;ll break out Monopoly. I also hate Wizards Of The Coast games. I&#39;ll take a Baldur&#39;s Gate or Diablo any day. The only turn-based game that is REALLY good and done right is KOTOR. It beats Final Fantasy easily.

I can&#39;t remember though there was someone who posted on the forum the reason he liked turn-based games is because he is not coordinated enough to be good at action-based games.

I can respect that.

Cygnuz-Y
08-02-2003, 09:49 PM
ONI

Xilo
08-02-2003, 10:17 PM
Most of the time, turn base and the hybrids require A LOT more strategy then pure action. For instance the Ruby Weapon in Final Fantasy 7. You gotta figure out the right equipment, spells, summons, and strategy in order to beat this thing because if you attack a certain part of it, it will whipe you out. If you don&#39;t do something right, it will kill you easily. I&#39;d rather take the strategy which makes you think and an epic storyline over mindless hack &#39;n slash with simple story lines anyday.

PS: You say you don&#39;t like Wizards of the Coast games? Well, Dungeons and Dragons is owned by Wizards of the Coast and then Baldur&#39;s Gate, Icewind Dale, Neverwinter Nights, etc. are based off of Dungeons and Dragons. So if you look at it that way, you are playing a Wizards of the Coast game :lol:

Busyman
08-02-2003, 10:58 PM
uhhhh....no

Why not have the spells,summons, blah,blah,blah AND be coordinated enough to beat it without &#39;taking turns&#39;. Now that&#39;s skill. In a real life situation I won&#39;t have time to &#39;pause&#39; someone pulling a gun on me to pull my grenade launcher a shoot :lol: so I don&#39;t want it in my games. Storylines have nothing to do with it. You can have a good storyline in any game. Turn-based vs hack n&#39; slash combat has nothing to with the storyline :blink: . Furthermore, when I say Wizards Of The Coast I&#39;m talking &#39;sitting at a table in Wizards Of The Coast in the mall&#39; Wizards Of The Coast. I love the D&D rules. Just apply them to hack n&#39; slash and that makes it great. Why do you think Diablo was a best seller? It gathered RPG geeks and actioners like me to play the same game.

Xilo
08-02-2003, 11:20 PM
But this isn&#39;t real life, it&#39;s a game. I never meant all hack &#39;n slash have crappy or subpar storylines. It was just an observation common among a lot of them (which turns me away from most of them). Some are pretty good like NWN and that but none of them can compare to a true RPG&#39;s storyline.

Busyman
08-03-2003, 12:08 AM
A better storyline is not enough for me to take turns like a board a game. And I know it&#39;s a game not real life.
In a real life situation I won&#39;t have time to &#39;pause&#39; someone pulling a gun on me to pull my grenade launcher a shoot :lol: so I don&#39;t want it in my games

so I don&#39;t want it in my games

so I don&#39;t want it in my games

but your right without a very good story, RPGs are just electronic board games.
When FF came for PS1 and loved it ......at first then grew tired of not actually DOING anything.

Keikan
08-03-2003, 02:13 AM
I was just thinking what if someone made an rpg but then it would also be a slash fighting game with combos and crap, now that would be cool

Busyman
08-03-2003, 02:18 AM
KOTOR is still turn-based (sort-of) but you can input combos and can&#39;t waste time.

Phantasy_aura
08-03-2003, 07:51 AM
I&#39;ve heard good things about Grandia 2(for the consoles, but a PC version was also made), especially the battle system. Still turn-based, but a bit more action oriented.

There&#39;s also Shogo, a anime-type FPS. Haven&#39;t played it much yet though.