PDA

View Full Version : Need some help with webui

nbo
02-29-2008, 06:35 AM
Ok so i downloaded the webui file, extracted it and placed the file webui.zip
in %AppData%\uTorrent where the file settings.dat is located as well.
Went to utorrent prefences and enabled the webui axx via port 8080 and created the un and pwd
tried to logon through fire fox using this formula:
http://myip:port/gui/
and i get nothing, no logon screen or anything.
i am using utorrent v1.7.2 (build 3458), latest firefox updated, windows on the seedbox and home pc.
but all i get is a "problem loading page". I must be missing something, please help.
thanks!

SgtMajor
02-29-2008, 06:36 AM
Make sure the whole package is extracted there - not just the zip file, that torrent.exe file needs to be there too.

nbo
02-29-2008, 06:43 AM
ya its all there but i still get nothing.

Bionic
02-29-2008, 09:59 AM
This Guide (http://lifehacker.com/software/hack-attack/remote-control-your-torrents-with-utorrents-webui-260393.php) is useful, maybe.

nbo
02-29-2008, 04:15 PM
thanks but i dont see there anything i havent done...

Sonnentier
02-29-2008, 05:07 PM
http://myip:port/gui/
Try http://myip:port/gui/index.html ?

necromantic
03-01-2008, 12:21 AM
lol, you're trying to access webUI from the same pc/network utorrent is on aren't you. I just did that last week while setting up webui, then I tried it from work and it was fine. Try it from another network, it probably works fine. Also, make sure you forward the port properly.

SgtMajor
03-01-2008, 12:30 AM
Oh - never thought, make sure you are installing the webui zip files onto the seedbox and not on your PC, and then access the webui through your PC firefox to your seedbox IP.

nbo
03-02-2008, 04:29 AM
nononono
i placed the files on 7the utorrent of my seedbox and enabled it on the seedbox
and now im trying to access webui through firefox on my reg pc...
btw- utorrent is latest, version 1.7.7
so still wont work...thanks

SgtMajor
03-02-2008, 05:20 AM
Add another listening port number and try that.

Other than that, you are on your own, go to the utorrent forums and ask your questions, or hand over your seedbox to someone to test & fix if necessary.

nbo
03-02-2008, 05:47 AM
wow, that actually worked, thanks!
now all i have left to figure out is why i can get upload speed of 2mps for 12 hours and then 50kbs for the next 12...

SgtMajor
03-02-2008, 05:49 AM
Which means you were already using the suggested port for something else/or torrents even.

As for your speeds, well, you need to learn some things on your own :D

nbo
03-02-2008, 06:04 AM
well thats the funny part.
ive had many seedboxes before and never had a problem with any of them, this is the first ovh i have and i am not very satisfied...speeds are horrible and unstable..

dythim
03-02-2008, 06:17 AM
A few people have said that about OVH. It sounds more like quantity over quality to me but I may be wrong. Maybe you just got a bad server?

SgtMajor
03-02-2008, 06:26 AM
ive had many seedboxes before and never had a problem with any of them, this is the first ovh i have and i am not very satisfied...speeds are horrible and unstable..

I love my free kimisurf, would never give it up, I can FTP to my other box at top speed without any disk overloads on any box, amazingly fast.

I wouldn't have put windows on it though - never, ask for a nix install, it costs nothing and speeds are great and there is plenty of knowledge around now.

Anyway, it's your choice, not telling you what to do, just offering an alternative :)

fatcat69
03-02-2008, 06:32 AM

I love my free kimisurf, would never give it up, I can FTP to my other box at top speed without any disk overloads on any box, amazingly fast.

I wouldn't have put windows on it though - never, ask for a nix install, it costs nothing and speeds are great and there is plenty of knowledge around now.

Anyway, it's your choice, not telling you what to do, just offering an alternative :)

Im going to completely agree with this statement.

I have the same box and same setup as Sgt.Major has and mine works perfect as well. I have had 11mb/s down and 9.8mb/s upload speeds for most of the time i have owned it for torrents.

FXP however is another story...havent passed out about 2mb/s on single thread between it and vectoral...leaseweb I got 2.2

SgtMajor
03-02-2008, 06:45 AM
Amazingly, I use filezilla client on the remote box, increase connections to 10, connect to OVH (I was surprised it did as well!) and I can sit & max it all day.

nbo
03-04-2008, 10:20 PM
well id love to max out my box, what speeds do you get??
and if you told me how to do that it would be great.
thanks.

SgtMajor
03-04-2008, 10:30 PM
You can't max out an Hosting.ie box for a variety of reasons:

They don't let you (no matter what you hear, the line is shared, I have this in writing from Max)You may get a quick burst of top speed, but it won't last long.
Peer list - you won't get a good peer list from hosting boxes, most phat pipes will belong to the big boys.
Popular torrents, haven't seen one in a while, but you would need to have grabbed it early and be complete for you to get a high output for a while.

All things considered, 3.5MB/S constant on hosting.ie is pretty average and you should be aiming for that kind of speed 24/7 and you will soon top 3TB+ per month easily.