PDA

View Full Version : Request - Fileplanet Details

Illuminati
08-02-2003, 09:43 PM
This will be the only time I will request this, mainly because I wish to see whether it would show up here.

FilePlanet is notorious as being a heaven and a hell - A heaven in that any popular mod, add-on etc for games will find its way there. A hell in that its obvious that they&#39;re bullshitting free members by fixing their queue numbers (Example - One not-well-known mod I saw had 200 downloads to date, so seeing all four servers available, each having more than 200, full to the top is suspicious <_<)

Quite frankly, I have a way of deciding things - If an online service doesn&#39;t treat free members/visitors fairly, then there&#39;s no guarantee that the same won&#39;t be given for paying members. So there&#39;s no chance in hell that I&#39;m buying a FilePlanet subscription. Only problem is that the Planetside 7-day tryout is exclusive to FilePlanet and it&#39;s something I&#39;ve been meaning to try, so I can&#39;t really avoid FP. However, it&#39;s a 1GB+ d/l and I don&#39;t want to have to wait bloody ages for it.

So, to put it simply - Has anyone here got login access of an FP subscriber (to access their "subscriber" servers? The server&#39;s aren&#39;t being used, so why leave them to waste? ;)

If you have any such login details, PM me about them - Don&#39;t post them here, because that would technically be violating the rules and the last thing I want to do is encourage that ;)

Mods - Feel free to delete this topic after 24 hours of this post (or immediately if it is a problem). You won&#39;t get any qualms from me (generally ;))

toddiscool
08-02-2003, 10:32 PM
Sorry I do not have one. But god do I agree with you, god I hate that site. The worst is that game developers, use those servers to realease there patch. Why should we have to pay to get fixes for stuff that they f**ked up.

Sorry if you opened this back up thinking that someone had one for ya, but I just wanted to say that.