PDA

View Full Version : Christian torrents disabled account

yevgeny
03-01-2008, 06:40 AM
up until today i had an account with christian torrents, but now its disabled.

do they usually disable accounts with no warning or reason - or can someone help by telling me the reason it was disabled?

thx

Polarbear
03-01-2008, 06:54 AM
are you a convert (islam, judaism, buddhism)? maybe that's why ...

dudex
03-01-2008, 06:58 AM
Nice

yevgeny
03-01-2008, 07:01 AM
ha ;) it took me ages to get that invite and then they just disable me - what can ya do tho meh

VIZFX
03-01-2008, 07:02 AM
Probably due to inactivity or suspicion of cheating. Who knows, but it looks like you're gonna have to hunt them down on their irc.

titofat
03-01-2008, 07:06 AM
sorry for you man
if you need another invite pm your mail

yevgeny
03-01-2008, 07:08 AM
maybe inactivity but a warning would have been good. does any one know the irc channel?

halo-
03-01-2008, 07:09 AM
can someone help by telling me the reason it was disabled?

are you an atheist by any chance?

yevgeny
03-01-2008, 07:16 AM
can someone help by telling me the reason it was disabled?

are you an atheist by any chance?

yes, is that why i got disabled?? :D

Sanka113
03-01-2008, 08:35 AM
Did ya violate one of the commandments. Like thou shall not steal?

yevgeny
03-01-2008, 08:53 AM
stealing...ideas, data and other intangible things?

it might be in our own law that this amounts to theft.

i personally don't view it as theft but it does beg the question when you have a christian torrent site...that was the whole basis for my curiousity and becoming a member.

TP635
03-01-2008, 09:37 AM
Ask and you will be given, knock and the door shall open.

titofat
03-01-2008, 11:37 AM
2008-02-28 - Inviting has been disabled. It will be enabled again when we launch the new site. (Yes, now you know, a whole new CT is on it's way!)

Femto
03-01-2008, 06:48 PM
up until today i had an account with christian torrents, but now its disabled.

do they usually disable accounts with no warning or reason - or can someone help by telling me the reason it was disabled?

thx

Maybe they thought you were a Catholic? lol.

Anyway if you go to your local library you can find almost anything thats uploaded on that site for free.

popcop23
03-01-2008, 06:53 PM
Are u ppl serios?

BrownWren
03-01-2008, 06:59 PM
Actually anyone who was suspected of begging invites on a forum such as this ... was warned to come forward and state their case in a site message about 3 days ago. If they didnt then they risked being banned

craigdsmokey
03-01-2008, 08:59 PM
this is what is on their messages

This is a WARNING and you should read it carefully.

A whole bunch of users were just banned/disabled for either (1) inviting people that were publicly begging for invites or (2) because they had received their invite by publicly begging for invites.

To offer invites publicly and/or invite people that you do not know is strictly FORBIDDEN. Anyone caught doing this will be instantly BANNED. And anyone who gets into CT by begging for invites on other sites/trackers/forums will have their accounts DISABLED.

If you know that YOU belong to one of these categories - if you have been offering invites to strangers (or in public places) OR if you got in by begging for an invite publicly - this is your chance to come clean. This is what you do:

If you have been offering invites in a way violating the rules: Send a PM to Gandalf explaining exactly WHERE, WHEN and WHY you did this. Also edit/remove any posts on other web sites/forums where you are offering invites. And last but not least, give at least one good reason why you should not be banned.

If you got into CT by begging for invites on one or more public site/tracker/forum (including all such places that is not invite-only): Send a PM to Gandalf explaining the situation. If you have behaved decently since you registered here you have nothing to fear. That is, unless you ignore this message.

Due to this misuse of invites no new invites will be handed out for a while.

Note: This message is sent to ALL users. Receiving this message does NOT mean that you are accused of anything.

yevgeny
03-02-2008, 01:29 AM
Actually anyone who was suspected of begging invites on a forum such as this ... was warned to come forward and state their case in a site message about 3 days ago. If they didnt then they risked being banned

i see, i must of missed that. ty.

thEotheroNe
03-02-2008, 01:58 AM
do they have nietzsche's books on the tracker?

:D

P.s: bad tracker they don't like FST :p