PDA

View Full Version : Nightmare On Elm St-- The Prequel

Busyman
08-03-2003, 01:06 AM
A Nightmare On Elm St prequel is being batted about in Hollywood with Freddy himself wanting to do it.

Imagine an Elm St movie without all the supernatural stuff. (I think he did delve in some black magic like Chucky from Child's Play)
Freddy Krueger as a janitor at a school, kidnapping kids and raping and killing them in the boiler room.
Parents wondering whats going on...
Police trying to track down a serial killer...
By the end of the film the parents ultimately corner Freddy, douse him with gas, and burn him the 'hell' up
Show Freddy first making his hand of knives
The prologue (before the opening credits) can show a woman accidentally trapped in an insane asylum being raped by the crazies......

Hollywood should follow this basic formula (it's told in the first movie for god's sake) and fast track this into production. Hopefully they won't screw it up like they do soooo many times.

mutterings
08-03-2003, 01:49 AM
Originally posted by Busyman@3 August 2003 - 01:06
kidnapping kids and raping and killing them in the boiler room.
Parents wondering whats going on...
Police trying to track down a serial killer...

The prologue (before the opening credits) can show a woman accidentally trapped in an insane asylum being raped by the crazies......

Busyman I am starting to worry about you ;) :lol: :lol:

Busyman
08-03-2003, 02:23 AM
I'm writing a couple screenplays. I know what makes a good story. I'm not saying show the rapes or anything but all of this was told in the first movie. The main characters mom was one of the parents that killed Freddy.

hybrid2k4
08-03-2003, 02:38 AM
it could have made a good movie...
if everyone didnt know the whole story already. watching a
movie starring robert england without the make up and knowing
whats going to happen the whole time?
no thx

eboni
08-12-2003, 01:47 AM
[FONT=Arial][FONT=Arial][FONT=Arial]
Hi I'm sorry to burst your bubble but the idea you have just had has been out in circulation for around 5 years. Also you will never guess who made it those wizzkids at the simpsons. If you can recall where your brilliant idea came from groundskeeper willy wanted to kill bart but was burnt to death by the parents and then he came back from the grave to reap his revenge. Good recollection though, suppose you got the idea from psychology 101 fake memories, and all that. Thanks for the laugh!

Powdered Water
08-12-2003, 03:13 AM
It does'nt matter anyway because Jason is gonna kick the shit out of Freddy and then hopefully that will be that. Time for some new boogey men don't you think? Like Jeepers Creepers 2 ought to be good!

Stonecoldfreak1
08-12-2003, 03:25 AM
Originally posted by Powdered Water@12 August 2003 - 03:13
Jeepers Creepers 2 ought to be good!
how is that <_<

Powdered Water
08-12-2003, 03:35 AM
Originally posted by Stonecoldfreak1+12 August 2003 - 03:25--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Stonecoldfreak1 @ 12 August 2003 - 03:25)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Powdered Water@12 August 2003 - 03:13
Jeepers Creepers 2 ought to be good&#33;
how is that <_< [/b][/quote]
Is that a qeustion? :blink:

Schmiggy_JK23
08-12-2003, 07:21 AM
Originally posted by eboni@11 August 2003 - 20:47
[FONT=Arial][FONT=Arial][FONT=Arial]
Hi I&#39;m sorry to burst your bubble but the idea you have just had has been out in circulation for around 5 years. Also you will never guess who made it those wizzkids at the simpsons.
Um prolly not, as this was the original backstory to freddy, and was even mentioned in the movies... years and years ago... its like it was dreamed up... busy is just saying they should stick to their original concept

MetroStars
08-12-2003, 12:10 PM
I think a Nightmare On Elm St-- The Prequel wud b a gr8 idea...

2 c Freddy is his youth and just wot made him kill all those children... would b gr8 if it was well directed...

sickmonkey
08-12-2003, 03:07 PM
Sorry to piss on ya fire but its been done&#33; Remember &#39;Freddys Knightmares&#39; the series? Well,the mother being raped in jail and freddy killing kids in his ice cream van was all done in one of those episodes,my guess is you have either watched it and are trying to make out that you made it up,or its a huge coincidence.Either way,its old news m8...sorry. :rolleyes:

MetroStars
08-12-2003, 03:15 PM
Sorry to piss on ya fire but its been done&#33; Remember &#39;Freddys Knightmares&#39; the series? Well,the mother being raped in jail and freddy killing kids in his ice cream van was all done in one of those episodes,my guess is you have either watched it and are trying to make out that you made it up,or its a huge coincidence.Either way,its old news m8...sorry.

Those were not The Prequel&#39;s there shity half hour tv episodes... i can&#39;t beleve u think there where The Prequels.. Yes they did show sum of Freddy&#39;s history but there where shit...

we r talking about a REAL movie about Freddy&#39;s past not sum half hour tv episode...

Homersimpson
08-12-2003, 05:29 PM
I love Freddy&#33; I wish they would come out with a prequil to his movies&#33; That would be awesome. I mean he was a psycho&#33; Why not show him raping and killing kids? Burning there bodies and shit. That would be cool. In one of the movies, part 6, I think, it shows his dad(Alice Cooper) beating him and fucking his head up, so that kinda showed a little of his past.

MetroStars
08-12-2003, 06:47 PM
Just 2 clear this up Freddy did NOT rape any of the kids he killed, he was not Pedophile, just a child killer....

Homersimpson
08-12-2003, 07:11 PM
You don&#39;t know what he did with those kids dude.

Suicyco247
08-12-2003, 07:11 PM
Actually the very first episode of "Freddy&#39;s Nightmares" WAS an hour long episode detailing the events before the first NOES, it was just very forgetable.

Supposedly Robert Englund was quoted at a screening of F vs. J that a prequal script was floating around. Thing is, the makers of FvsJ have already said this was just the first movie in a new franchise of "versus" movies, and that we can expect many sequals(at least until they run this into the ground like everything else). There&#39;s actually one rumor floating around that Ash from Evil Dead may appear in a future project, Freddy/Jason vs. Ash, although at this point in time, that is all it is, a rumor. You can find details here; http://bloody-disgusting.com/

MetroStars
08-12-2003, 07:16 PM
You don&#39;t know what he did with those kids dude.

Well i have all the books and comics and he does not rape any of the kids...

He first killed a kid by accident cos he was living on the streets and a couple of kids tried 2 pick pocket him, but he woke up and lashed out with his whisky bottle killing 1 of the boys, he took the boy&#39;s body 2 a abandoned warehouse, it says in the book he got an amazing feeling from all that power of killing the kid..

There is no mention Anywhere in the comics or books that he Molested or Raped any of the kids he killed.. he did however rape his own mother...

Busyman
08-12-2003, 07:28 PM
Your right, I never heard of him raping the kids.

Rocktron
08-12-2003, 07:37 PM
I think a prequel would attract all the "OLD" fans, but does not fancy any of the "New" watchers though?

Let it ride&#33; Hell I wanna see it... ;)

MetroStars
08-12-2003, 07:48 PM
check this out i scanned the two pages from my Freddy book i wud have dun the whole thing but i can&#39;t b botherd... it tells the story of him killing his first child...

hope u can read them their the smallest i cud make em

http://www.chinkii.com/uploads/album/misc/page1.jpg

http://www.chinkii.com/uploads/album/misc/page2.jpg

i like 2 think it proves Freddy is no kiddy fiddler

MetroStars
08-13-2003, 05:25 PM
Just asking is any 1 going 2 c Freddy vs Jason at the cinema or u just going 2 wait until it&#39;s out on the net....

Gooch2k
08-13-2003, 05:48 PM
Have a look at the Freddy vs. Jason website. The who will win poll has Freddy at 48% and Jason at 51%&#33; Thing is this only adds up to 99% not 100% (who says Hollywood never gets it wrong eh?).

Gooch2k
08-13-2003, 05:50 PM
Sorry I forgot to post the site. Freddy vs. Jason (http://www.freddyvsjason.com/)

Rip The Jacker
08-15-2003, 03:31 AM
Gooch, you do see the "Edit" button on the top right of your posts right? Trying to get your postcount up. :P

EnJoi
08-15-2003, 03:34 AM
dude Ew raping kids

ApacNTS
08-15-2003, 04:33 AM
i heard some talk of a prequel i also heard talk about a new release, where a sister of one of the fallen dream warriors comes and seeks revenge on freddy, its said that this script has been on the shlf for a few years, so by the looks of things freddy is far from finished.

sickmonkey
08-15-2003, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by MetroStars@12 August 2003 - 15:15

Sorry to piss on ya fire but its been done&#33; Remember &#39;Freddys Knightmares&#39; the series? Well,the mother being raped in jail and freddy killing kids in his ice cream van was all done in one of those episodes,my guess is you have either watched it and are trying to make out that you made it up,or its a huge coincidence.Either way,its old news m8...sorry.

Those were not The Prequel&#39;s there shity half hour tv episodes... i can&#39;t beleve u think there where The Prequels.. Yes they did show sum of Freddy&#39;s history but there where shit...

we r talking about a REAL movie about Freddy&#39;s past not sum half hour tv episode...
Did i say thay were the prequels? NO I DID NOT.Get your facts right before you post m8.I simply said that the &#39;idea&#39; has allready been done.And the fist &#39;feature length&#39; freddys nightmares was like a short film anyway(although a shit one)All im saying is m8,is that the rape scene of his mother in prison and freddy killing kids before he got torched HAS been covered in the shitty series.I agree that a prequel could be great,but its unlikely that any director would do it justice.Id like to read these books and comics you have,i shall keep my eyes peeled for them,the first elm street still stands as my favourite horror film of all time.

sickmonkey
08-15-2003, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by ApacNTS@15 August 2003 - 04:33
i heard some talk of a prequel i also heard talk about a new release, where a sister of one of the fallen dream warriors comes and seeks revenge on freddy, its said that this script has been on the shlf for a few years, so by the looks of things freddy is far from finished.
OMG&#33;&#33; The sister of a surviving dream warrior?? FFS what next? Are these people totally brainless? I mean,cant they come up with a better story than that? FFS i bet Metro Star could easily write a better plotline than that.It just goes to show that Hollywood is just a money machine that aint got a pissin clue.GGGRRRRR :angry:

MetroStars
08-15-2003, 10:55 AM
OMG&#33;&#33; The sister of a surviving dream warrior?? FFS what next? Are these people totally brainless? I mean,cant they come up with a better story than that? FFS i bet Metro Star could easily write a better plotline than that.It just goes to show that Hollywood is just a money machine that aint got a pissin clue.GGGRRRRR&nbsp;

Sick Monkey wots your problem with me...

And i wud have a gud shot at wrting a story for a Nightmare on Elm Street Prequel

sickmonkey
08-15-2003, 04:08 PM
??????????? I have no problem? Did you even read my post? I fail to see were i have stated that i have any sort of problem with you,in fact i even said i think you would write a good story for a prequel? I think theres been a misunderstanding on your part m8,cos i aint got a problem with you or anyone else on these forums.

Inevitable
08-15-2003, 04:23 PM
It&#39;s been almost 20 years since A Nightmare On Elm Street was released in theatres. Now there is talks about doing a prequel?? First of all you can tell they have run out of ideas because this is just not a good idea IMO. There is no point to it. I mean I&#39;m pretty sure not many people (horror fan or not horror fan) wan&#39;t to see how Freddy became the demonic dreamaster. It&#39;s pointless and in this day in age people want to see something new and innovative.

AlucardXXVII
08-15-2003, 05:52 PM
I didn&#39;t read all the replies, since I have to take a good shit, ASAP, but:

Freddy&#39;s Dead The Final Nightmare has a lot of "memory footage", and it is sort of like a prequel in itself.

It really explains the entire deal.

Inevitable
08-15-2003, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by AlucardXXVII@15 August 2003 - 18:52
I didn&#39;t read all the replies, since I have to take a good shit, ASAP, but:

Freddy&#39;s Dead The Final Nightmare has a lot of "memory footage", and it is sort of like a prequel in itself.

It really explains the entire deal.
Freddy&#39;s Dead is one of the worst movies ever made. Period.

Busyman
08-15-2003, 09:52 PM
I&#39;m sorry guys but....
A Nightmare On Elm St 0 is a great idea just like a Halloween 0 about a younger Michael Myers would be great.
You would definitely get older folks like myself who saw the original movies WHEN THEY CAME OUT and you&#39;d also get the average teenager. The movies wouldn&#39;t have any demonic or supernatural things in it; just pure terror.

Everyone says "we know happens before the original movies" but SEEING it is entirely different.
Imagine if George Lucas actually did a movie on the Clone Wars. We know some of what happens in the war (if you&#39;ve read some of the books) like clones of some Jedi being a little nutty, but actually seeing it would be grand.
SEEING Freddy as a janitor and luring kids to their death would make a great film.
I&#39;m not sure but I think there wasn&#39;t enough prove to link him legally to their deaths (maybe an arrest, court trial, and acquittal) so the parents get pissed and turn vigilante. Maybe when he dies we see some hint of the demon that will come much like the end of Jason Goes To Hell with Freddy&#39;s hand pulling Jason&#39;s mask into the ground was an epilogue to Freddy VS Jason. excellent&#33;&#33;&#33;

ApacNTS
08-15-2003, 10:37 PM
i forgot to include my thoughts about a prequel, im am not really for it, i think the story&#39;s progression of freddy has been fine, the basic slaughter shed light on past memories has done fine, if we want to see the past do a flashback scene, not a whole movie. they(filmakers) need to remember that if you reveal to much the series dies quicker, its better if they just let freddy say his one liners, spill blood and guts, and then parlay off into another venture, i dont think freddy could ever truly die, he&#39;s a victim of his own creation, his power has become his own hell. he&#39;s stuck in a world that is really nothing.

The Horror fanatic
09-11-2003, 03:43 AM
If they did prequel it would be interesting to see how it turned out, either for Halloween or Freddy. But haven&#39;t they done a prequel to the exorcist ,man why bother it was not scary anyway