PDA

View Full Version : VIP at Trackers Site: Issit Good to Obtain?

Bionic
03-01-2008, 07:20 PM
VIP at Trackers Site: Issit Good to Obtain?

Are you a VIP on a Trackers Site? Do you suggest to obtain it, why?
Which is the best Trackers site to buy VIP?

SgtMajor
03-01-2008, 08:54 PM

I prefer to get VIP for what I do or for who I am, not for what money I donate.

Trackers should have a special donators rank which may or may not be equal to VIP with the same privileges, but to buy a VIP rank which is equal to other VIPs of the trackers choosing imo is wrong. VIPs should be just that = VIPs to and of the site, special donators should also be just that = special donators.

stoi
03-01-2008, 08:58 PM
thats why we changed the donation system on BCG, as donators before did get VIP, now they only get the star, and the bonus on the SP mod.

this way if a Kitty litter (our lowest user who cant download) donates, then they dont get promoted to VIP, where they could just keep downloading, they stay as KL and still cant download, but they do get the SP bonus to get them out of the hole they are in quicker.

Bionic
03-01-2008, 09:51 PM
I was wondering.. Do you usually get VIP when you register? Good or not for your Ratio System?

stoi
03-01-2008, 10:02 PM
for us? atm no one is a VIP. VIP are going to be for those that go above and beyond the call of duty for the site. and not just big buffers on accounts either, but helping out in IRC and the Forums and just contributing to the community as a whole.

saqib
03-01-2008, 10:20 PM
and there is not specific tracker on which u should b a Vip to stay blessed...
it is a matter of common that u should donate=vip at the tracker u like or use most .. and above all giving back to the community , in shape of seed , help in Irc , active in community....

halo-
03-02-2008, 03:43 AM
Are you a VIP on a Trackers Site?

yes, at the clover; i did some graphics for them and i got promoted

Dark Archon
03-02-2008, 03:49 AM
I think to be VIP you must at least have something special, like you can do graphics for site layout, banners, or you can code and private high bandwidth server or something. Otherwise you have to be quite active in the forums and IRC, and befriends with the staffs I guess.

SAM
03-02-2008, 07:10 AM
well,
donate to your favorite trackers only and to make a difference
about the VIP STATUS.it isn't much to look for?
as long as you seed and follow rules.

Swayne
03-02-2008, 07:15 AM
My words... I think that people should get VIP status for being special for that tracker... not for donating - why don't we use Donor rank?

Annoyed
03-02-2008, 07:31 AM
Do you get VIP on any trackers for donating(I didn't even know you could used to obtain it that way on BCG)?

menkää_vittuun
03-02-2008, 12:36 PM
Do you get VIP on any trackers for donating(I didn't even know you could used to obtain it that way on BCG)?
It's possible to get vip status by donating on torrentleech.

Bionic
03-02-2008, 01:34 PM
Who suggests getting VIP on your 1st week @ ScT, HDbits, TL? I never entered those sites.

SAM
03-02-2008, 01:38 PM
My words... I think that people should get VIP status for being special for that tracker... not for donating - why don't we use Donor rank?
that's a good idea:)

C-mos
03-02-2008, 01:50 PM
I am VIP on a few sites :)

I have donated a lot ;)

stoi
03-02-2008, 02:08 PM
on BCG because we are pretty strict on hit and runs (not very strict but we are going to put the hammer down soon i think) if we made a class for donors, those that are Kitty Litter so cant download, will be able to download again, just like it was when we gave them VIP.

We give users a benefit and they just take the piss out of that benefit, so thats why we got rid of VIP for donating.

also as VIP was higher than SPU, those SPU that donated could not fill requests, and as it is under Uploader, those uploaders that did fdonate did not get the SP benefit.

now with just getting the star and no promotion. KL cant download but they get the SP benefit, SPU can still upload requests, Uploaders and staff get the benefit if they donate.

btw i never see myself as donating even if i have to put the money in to keep us up, so i will never get the SP benefit lol

halo-
03-03-2008, 05:18 AM
Who suggests getting VIP on your 1st week @ ScT, HDbits, TL?

you cannot donate for vip status on sct

Bionic
03-03-2008, 07:02 AM
Well, I din't know that. Just wanted to know for the future when I get in someday. How about TL?

Annoyed
03-03-2008, 07:14 AM
That question was answered a few posts above. I guess it's possible. I haven't donated there yet, so I wouldn't know personally.

Bionic
03-04-2008, 12:31 PM
That question was answered a few posts above. I guess it's possible. I haven't donated there yet, so I wouldn't know personally.

It wasn't answered regarding TL... Every tracker site has a different donation system.

amade
03-05-2008, 11:18 AM
For some trackers, being VIP (whether donated money or did something special to the site) seems to give some privileges, but for many trackers (especially low level trackers), I don't understand exactly what differenties VIPs from power users... If the site doesn't have any invite system or something, what VIPs can get except being exempt from automatic account deletion and unlimited download?

fOrUmAs
03-05-2008, 11:39 AM

No im not VIP on anysite (dont have ability to donate since i dont have credit card yet,but will have probably in near future), i was before on one site not for donations but for helping others

what tracker is best to buy VIP??

hmm well that is all depend on u,if u love some site very much and u are very pleased what they offer in content and other thing then u will know.