PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone use Grande Communication as an ISP?

Skiz
03-29-2008, 03:05 AM
Does anyone use Grande Communication as an ISP?

I've been using cable internet via Road Runner through Time Warner for around 6 years. I have the standard high speed package which gives me approx. speeds of 7 Mbps download and 512 Kbps upload. I've just learned that they have a "Turbo" service which offers 10 Mbps of download speed and up to 1 Mbps of upload speed. I called to ask about the pricing and they want $84.95/month. :dry:

I remembered that Grande is the alternate service out here so I took a look at their website and found an offer of 12 Mbps download and 1 Mbps upload for the same price I am currently paying to RR ($49.95).

Has anyone used or is currently using Grande? How are they? Thoughts?

lynx
03-30-2008, 02:27 PM
Looks like that's a big fat no.

Maybe that means you could have masses of bandwidth all to yourself. :O

On the other hand, it could simply mean that you've asked your question in the wrong place. Pneub.

Skiz
03-30-2008, 02:55 PM
I thought about putting it I,P,&G but this section has more activity, so....

Think I'll move it though at this point. :dabs:

ps - The catch is they don't provide the modem, but I think I can get a nice one for about $50.

pss - :O Look at these speeds - http://www.grandecom.com/explore/internet/g_force_f.php

tesco
03-30-2008, 05:27 PM
http://www.dslreports.com/comments/2408
They look fine. :idunno:

Skiz
03-31-2008, 03:02 PM
Called today to setup connection and they said I live in what they call a "hole". I live in a small apt complex with only 8 individual apartments and the owners haven't given them permission to run lines in here. :dry:

tesco
04-01-2008, 11:07 PM
Called today to setup connection and they said I live in what they call a "hole". I live in a small apt complex with only 8 individual apartments and the owners haven't given them permission to run lines in here. :dry:What kind of line do they need to run?

Skiz
04-02-2008, 01:42 AM
Fiber optic I think as that's what they're advertising. Not 100% on that tho', just my own assumption. :unsure: