PDA

View Full Version : Help! Codec Pack Not Working

kimChi
08-06-2003, 03:11 AM
Hi all new moveis i try to dl (charlies angels and newer) will not play right on my computer it's just a blank screen with no video or audio. When i had this problem last christmas i just dl the most current k-lite codec pack and all went back to normal. This time when i dl'd the latest codec pack nothing changed ( and i dl'd the full version with everything) What codec is it that i need to watch the current movies?

thanx

abu_has_the_power
08-06-2003, 03:38 AM
go to Kazaa Lite Page (http://www.k-lite.tk)
and get the K-lite codec pack

simon_no2003
08-06-2003, 03:38 AM
Originally posted by kimChi@6 August 2003 - 04:11
Hi all new moveis i try to dl (charlies angels and newer) will not play right on my computer it's just a blank screen with no video or audio.  When i had this problem last christmas i just dl the most current k-lite codec pack and all went back to normal.  This time when i dl'd the latest codec pack nothing changed ( and i dl'd the full version with everything)  What codec is it that i need to watch the current movies?

thanx
i am using codec pack 2.04 it the one at the top of the page give that a try as far as i know it is the latest one..

http://home.hccnet.nl/h.edskes/mirror.htm

kimChi
08-06-2003, 03:42 AM
That's the most recent k=lite codec pack i've dl'd and still no luck ;)

thanx 4 the suggestion tho

Dalegas
08-06-2003, 03:43 AM
uninstall and install again.
worked for me.

kimChi
08-06-2003, 03:49 AM
i've sort of allready tried that, origionally i installed the basic version then i uninstalled it and put in the full version

firefox
08-06-2003, 04:54 AM
use the gspot program to make sure that you have the right codec installed, and GSpot will also tell you if the file is trash or an actual file. There are a lot of fakes out there. More than likely you have a fake movie file. Open GSpot program and drag and drop the movie file on top of the Gspot window. It will give you the movie info.

PS Hey guys, he already said he had installed the latest codec pack.

kimChi
08-06-2003, 05:20 AM
i tryed the gspot this is what it told me

Video--- 4cc: (_RGB)
name: BI_RGB Raw Bitmap
Stat: no codec needed

Audio----- name: no audio channels
stat: (it's blank)
Bitrate: n.a.
Fs: n.a

Stream type and A/V interleave------ type: AVI
IMRR: n.a
I/L: n.a

Direct show render------ video src type: avi
audio src: (blank)
video path: (s) AVI splitter ®
Audio path: (blank)
Render suscessfull

what does this information mean and what do i do with it? i'm assuming i need something to play the audio part somehow?

thanx :)

firefox
08-06-2003, 05:25 AM
its a fake, trash nothing there, if I am wrong someone here will correct me I am sure. I have been know to be wrong at least one time in my life. :D :D

simon_no2003
08-06-2003, 05:54 AM
it looks like a fake.…

there are a lot of fakes out there for the newer films trys these links should help getting the films you want

http://www.fasttrackmovies.com/
with this link it some times best to make a note of the file size and do a search as normall on kazaa lite and match the file name to file size rather then clicking on the download as this sometimes takes ages before it hooks you up with a sharer.

http://www.vcdquality.com/

with this link you cannot download from there or get the file sizes but if there is a copy of the film being shared on kazaa 9 times out of 10 it will be posted there. so if some posing say terminator 4 on kazaa and its not on this site then its a safe bet that it is a fake.…

far
08-06-2003, 03:09 PM
I have nimo codec pack..Is that the same as k lite codecs??

what codecs do i need in order to play movies from suprnova??

BCCorn
08-06-2003, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by far@6 August 2003 - 15:09
I have nimo codec pack..Is that the same as k lite codecs??

what codecs do i need in order to play movies from suprnova??
1. no, normally the K-Lite codecs are more up to date and more complete but occasionally nimo will work better. N.B. having both packs installed at the same time can cause conflicts, it's better to uninstall one before installing the other.

2. supernova don't encode movies themselves, the codec needed depends on what was used by whoever originally encoded the movie; it could be almost anything. Use G-Spot to find the needed codec.

nightsky
08-06-2003, 06:34 PM
All I can say is the only codecs u need to watch ne of the old OR new movies are DivX3, DivX4, Divx5, Xvid, and Ac3(sound). I use standard version. Have tried bundles/packs but always give me problems.

harrycary
08-06-2003, 10:57 PM
Okay man, you've got a fake.

Blank files are becoming more and more common.

If Gspot shows no audio codec or video codec(as in your posted example), than it's a fake. (exception: uncompressed video)

It's not fucking rocket science.

If in doubt, always search this site for verifieds.

Don't be impatient and expect to find movies available the very weekend they've been released.

Typically it will take a week(or longer) for a movie to propagate onto the FastTrack network.