PDA

View Full Version : Aopen Ax4ge Max, Mother Board

Alfons Åberg
08-13-2003, 01:21 AM
Does anyone know how much memory you can dedicate to the internal graphics?
I think it is 8MB by default but is it possible to dedicate more, let say 64MB

harrycary
08-13-2003, 01:35 AM
You can find this out at the Aopen Ax4ge Max website (http://english.aopen.com.tw/products/mb/AX4GEMax.htm).

Alfons Åberg
08-13-2003, 02:13 AM
Only says, Integrated VGA Engine in chipset <_< nothing about how much you can dedicate to the graphics or have i missed something?

harrycary
08-13-2003, 06:49 PM
I&#39;m guessing that onboard video shares your memory with the rest of the system.

If that&#39;s true than any allocation of such memory [for your graphics] is probably software adjustable. Check the bios of the mobo. 3rd party software may do this but I wouldn&#39;t know what to recommend.

While this may be possible, why mess with it? You can buy a stand alone graphics card for cheap these days.

Good luck with it...

Alfons Åberg
08-13-2003, 07:16 PM
The thing is that i have L4S5MG/GL today which i can dedicate 8-64MB to the internal graphics but I have the Aopen mobo laying around wich is better in other ways, supports 5.1 sound, serial ata etc but i dont want the hazzle to rebuild if I cant dedicate any ram to it, 8MB i way to little and if thats the case ill wait until some &#036; comes in.
The sad part is that i cant afford a good stand alone at the moment but I have the surrond speakers and the serial ata so its like :huh: knowing its in the drawer for nothing :(

But I&#39;ll guess i have to wait or have a rebuild weekend :rolleyes:

Just thought that someone here had the aopen mobo and could save me "a lot" of hazzle.

Thanks anyway&#33;

Alfons Åberg
08-13-2003, 07:26 PM
:lol: I found it :lol:

Intel 845G series chipset built-in Intel Extreme Graphics with 266 MHz VGA core, 256-bit 3D engine and Intel Dynamic Video Memory up to 64MB

:D :lol: :D :lol:

CYA when I&#39;m back online :lol: