PDA

View Full Version : Vreel.net To Open Today......

Aliyans
06-19-2008, 01:31 PM
The much awaited Stage6 clone[claimed tobe] Vreel.net is getting ready to openbeta today[19/06/08]. After many confusions and postponement of opening the site now they have decided to open today at 5PM GMT.With closed beta testing began on 11th june 2008 the site has been fllooded with high quality videos by its over 500 betatesters. Now still waiting to open Vreel has over 1000 videos still growing fast...

Vreel began its project under tilte DivXit.net which drawn attention of Divx.Inc th official Divx Company immedaitely. The staff contacted the DivX officials and obtained permission from them. Then they moved to domain Vreel.net. Soon after that vreel.net was contacted by Limelight network with a hosting plan on their global network worldwide and now Vreel's servers are run by limelight with 1 GB ports and high end servers around the world

The closed beta was scheduled on 18th may 2008 and openbeta to 31st May. But some problem with Vreel's old coders delayed it further. The closed beta was begun on june11th and continued till today.During this period many betatesters were given permission to upload their videos on to Vreel to test and fix bugs. Currently most of the bugs are fixed and ready to open to public as per leader of the Vreel team. At the time of this artilce Vreel are installing new servers for openbeta which arrived little late than expected and its delayed openbeta to 5PM GMT from 11AM.

With huge expectations, Vreel has most of features of Stage6,the official Dvix wesite which was shut down few months ago including watch high qaulity videos for all, uploading and sharing for regstered users. Video quality range from DVD quality to Full HD[1080] and its main attracting feature of Vreel and the RIP Stage6. But as per informations from Vreel team they are not going to tranfer any videos from Stage6 they had until they went down . But reports from from betatesting indicates they wont have any need to do it as currently videos flooding even when in closedbeta stage. So its going to be a large Divx video sharing site after Stage6 and will be larger than that in future as per reports. Its a great place for videojunkies and a promising platform for videosharers.

Reference to Vreel.net forums:D

:view: Homepage: www.Vreel.net (http://www.Vreel.net)
:pic: Screenshot: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:VReel.jpg

Aliyans
06-21-2008, 12:04 AM
Vreel couldnt be launched as expected..Reason below from Admins

VReel launches at 5PM GMT
About 9,500 people try to connect at the same time - we're still up, but at a snails pace.
DDoS hits VReel - we're down.
Security patches applied, we're back up - and even more people try to connect at the same time.

And as per latest update ..Hopefully Vreel take2 will be ready online by 11AM GMT today[21/06/08]

Something Else
06-21-2008, 02:54 PM
What kind of content might I expect there. :unsure:

Aliyans
06-21-2008, 03:17 PM
What kind of content might I expect there. :unsure:
Almost all types:D..U never happened to be there in Stage6 b4 It died????:lol: Anime..trailors..Music videos[ top at the moment] comdesy entertaiment..documetaries.No pron movies etc allowed[copyrighted]..Videos range from DVD quality to HD[full]..Its a divx site same as Stage6..Even 1080i Divx vids there..come n join..

Its going to be Vreel.net beta take2 in few minutes..

ba1n0
06-26-2008, 06:56 PM
Bit disappointed with vreel at the moment.

PS3 support would be awesome

triso
06-27-2008, 09:17 PM
What kind of content might I expect there. :unsure:Well, the content will be better quality (divx and HD) than YouTube but limited in variety. There is some amazingly rare video on YouTube.

Aliyans
06-28-2008, 09:42 PM
What kind of content might I expect there. :unsure:Well, the content will be better quality (divx and HD) than YouTube but limited in variety. There is some amazingly rare video on YouTube.
Its just started guys..in beta stage..youtube has been around for years now. n see how much they improved in quality..:whistling

xjosephx
07-05-2008, 07:21 AM
hmm looks nice

lostdemon
07-05-2008, 09:03 AM
looks alright I'll probably watch a few anime shows on there