PDA

View Full Version : Do you know php?

boomyag
06-28-2008, 07:06 PM
or want to know php?
if so,maybe i will post some articles that will help you...:)

tesco
06-28-2008, 10:42 PM
I know php.
What I want to know is how to optimize it, how to make it run quickly on a large site such as this...

boomyag
06-29-2008, 02:50 AM
well,in case of big site ,you should use object oriented programming,
do you know what i mean?
actually you really sholud use some php object oriented framework that give you powerfull tools....

boomyag
06-29-2008, 07:10 PM
is there anyone else that know php?

bilkenter
06-29-2008, 07:15 PM
i was gonna learn it after css javascript html flash and so forth, but there were other things damn i wish i had learnt... :D but still without practice it would be all in vain

boomyag
07-01-2008, 06:03 AM
if u want to start with css and javascript you sould learn html in case you dont know it...

bilkenter
07-01-2008, 06:09 AM
I already did m8 but if your major isnt related to computer, and if you dont have time, you intend to forget tags even if they are easy to remember, i started with html and xhtml, then css javascript, flash... I learnt all of them except php mysql apache and so forth but i dont remember much now...

boomyag
07-01-2008, 06:17 AM
in that case you really should practice,
i suggest you open a free hosting account and practice there....
or even on your computer if its only client side programming such as html,javascript and css...

Acumen
07-01-2008, 11:39 AM
It might be easier just to install a web server on your desktop. Apache has a windows installer (http://httpd.apache.org/download.cgi), and PHP can be integrated right into it (http://www.php.net/downloads.php). That's how I learned the language, anyway...

boomyag
07-01-2008, 01:46 PM
he dont need to install apache because he use html and other stuff that is client side and dont need server for them
but install wamp is the best for server side as php

Acumen
07-02-2008, 02:09 PM
he dont need to install apache because he use html and other stuff that is client side and dont need server for them
I didn't mean to be contentious. I was just sharing my experience. Regardless, you recommended hosting a site to practice server-side programming... I just said it wasn't necessary, as I'm sure you'll agree.

or even on your computer if its only client side programming such as html,javascript and css...
I must have misunderstood you. To me your syntactical structure suggests that you recommended hosting a website to practice server-side and client-side scripting, and recommended using your desktop computer to practice just client-side scripting.

Sorry if that was impertinently long-winded, but, being a programmer, I take grammar, punctuation, and spelling to heart.

boomyag
07-02-2008, 05:19 PM
well,i think u misunderstood me,
i said that if he want to practice client side he can used his computer without installing a server on his computer.
if he wanted server side,he can used a free hosting(if he has a domain) or a server on computer such as wamp...
by the way,how long u r a programmer?

markupmaster
07-04-2008, 03:46 AM
I started learning php and mysql but my mother got really sick with cancer and I quit and haven't started back again.

bilkenter
07-05-2008, 09:17 AM
Oh m8, i am sooo sorry for the incident, i hope she gets way better m8

boomyag
07-05-2008, 12:26 PM
I started learning php and mysql but my mother got really sick with cancer and I quit and haven't started back again.
oh,i am sorry dude,how is she feel now?
hope everything will be fine...

christoph2k
07-15-2008, 08:24 AM
I'm pretty good at PHP, but I also struggle with finding ways to make my code scalable. One amazing thing with PHP, is the manual! It's so easy and quick to use, and a lot of the comments given on functions will have sample code for anyone that is trying to learn. On a side note, I've just started learning Python, it's really nice!

Marl2
08-20-2008, 04:53 AM
For those of you who know PHP...how long did it take you and what were the best resources to study from. I am considering doing a class in PHP but they are charging close to $500 for 8 weekly sessions. I use to code way back and haven't done it in a while so I was considering it. Any suggestions?

McBride
09-05-2008, 03:53 PM
a lot of course! i have many experience with the trackers!

imapotato
09-14-2008, 06:04 AM
I never had any formal training in PHP, just picked it up by trying stuff. However, I did have a few years programming experience under my belt before that.

Think of a project and start working on it. You'll learn a lot as you progress.

For any significant PHP project, I recommend finding a framework that you like and using it. I've been using symfony and it's great. They have a lot of great documentation online, including a nice walk-through building their demo site, askeet.com.

nadeem111as
09-14-2008, 07:46 PM
i know little pit not much
we could use some materials

juliezax
11-02-2008, 11:14 PM
or want to know php?
if so,maybe i will post some articles that will help you...:)

I know basic codes of PHP and want to learn more of it... Surely, your articles will help me... Thanks in advance!