PDA

View Full Version : Tell Me Stuff

JPaul
07-09-2008, 10:16 PM
Just re-installed Grabbit as Newsleecher was being a cunt.

When I do an incremental update it doesn't seem to be removing the old articles from the list. That's what Newsleecher did and if memory serves the way Grabbit worked.

I'm obviously doing something wrong here. Help please.

TIA

chalice
07-09-2008, 10:27 PM
I'm having sausages and mashed potatoes with gravy.

True story.

JPaul
07-09-2008, 10:29 PM
Why do you always eat this late.

And it's always like a dinner, not roasted cheese or something else.

chalice
07-09-2008, 10:35 PM
Cos I drink loads of alcohol as soon as I come home from work cos work does my head in.

I promise myself I'll eat something after the first bottle of vino but it never works out that way.

Mrs Me doesn't cook for me cos I hate her cooking. So I stagger to the stove at about 11 o clock every night, make something I wish I'd cooked earlier, eat it, then collapse.

True story.

CrabGirl
07-09-2008, 10:36 PM
Why don't you like the Missuses cooking?

Snee
07-09-2008, 10:40 PM
Cos I drink loads of alcohol as soon as I come home from work cos work does my head in.

I promise myself I'll eat something after the first bottle of vino but it never works out that way.

Mrs Me doesn't cook for me cos I hate her cooking. So I stagger to the stove at about 11 o clock every night, make something I wish I'd cooked earlier, eat it, then collapse.

True story.

I just had some ramen noodles, like. My eating habits are a bit out of synch with the rest of the country, too.

chalice
07-09-2008, 10:48 PM
Why don't you like the Missuses cooking?

Cos she takes no care over it whatsoever. It wrecks me.

She'll put on a pot of pasta then go and watch Coronation Street.

She'll come back half an hour later and the thing will be encrusted to the metal.

I have to observe the food to the max while it's cooking or else it didn't happen.

CrabGirl
07-09-2008, 10:54 PM
Ewww! Fair enough. There is no point cooking if you ain't going to do a good job. Cheese is a bit like that. He likes eating but hates cooking.

My dinner was a winning prawn stirfry earlier. Took about 10 minutes from fridge to plate and was most awesum, apart from the scary pieces of ginger whih I hadnt chopped properly. Oops.

JPaul
07-09-2008, 11:01 PM

True story.

So did you actually cook sausage and mashed potato with gravy on the range or was it some sort or prepared thing that you warmed up like.

No offence intended.

chalice
07-09-2008, 11:08 PM
I peeled the spuds, cut them, stuck them on the stove, fried the sausages, mashed the spuds, made the gravy and am in the midst of eating the fuck out of it all.

Pretty fucking win, if I do say myself.

CrabGirl
07-09-2008, 11:11 PM
Yum.

So do your kids prefer it when daddy cooks? :lol:

chalice
07-09-2008, 11:15 PM
No, mummy cooks fantastic McDonalds, like.

JPaul
07-09-2008, 11:16 PM
I peeled the spuds, cut them, stuck them on the stove, fried the sausages, mashed the spuds, made the gravy and am in the midst of eating the fuck out of it all.

Pretty fucking win, if I do say myself.

Which partcliar bread are you eating with it.

JPaul
07-09-2008, 11:17 PM
Whoa, wait one.

Peeled, what the fuck's that all about.

CrabGirl
07-09-2008, 11:18 PM
:glag:

Don't you cook JP? I seem to remember we were going to have a scrambled egg cook off?

chalice
07-09-2008, 11:21 PM
I used to work in a spud factory. True story.

I could peel a spud at 20 paces just by glancing at the motherfucker.

JPaul
07-09-2008, 11:22 PM
My scrambled eggs are to the max.

I haven't peeled a tattie for years tho'. Why would you, it takes all the goodness away.

Something Else
07-10-2008, 12:38 AM
Just re-installed Grabbit as Newsleecher was being a cunt.

When I do an incremental update it doesn't seem to be removing the old articles from the list. That's what Newsleecher did and if memory serves the way Grabbit worked.

I'm obviously doing something wrong here. Help please.

TIA

Have ewe tried that new version of NewsLeecher.

http://www.merlins-portal.net/Vbulletin/showthread.php?t=165627

They repacked it and all. :O

100% WORKING apparently. :dry:

JPaul
07-10-2008, 07:19 PM
Spammer.

JPaul
07-10-2008, 07:23 PM
What does repacked mean btw, I've seen that a lot.

True question.

Something Else
07-10-2008, 08:31 PM
It means they fluffed it up the first time.

Skiz
07-10-2008, 08:52 PM
What does repacked mean btw, I've seen that a lot.

True question.

A "repack" is like a "proper" or "fix" release. As benchez said, it means they fouled up the first time and have now supposedly corrected the issue with the new release.

As for Grabit, dump that shit. Grabit is for Usetards. It doesn't and never did "remove old articles from the list." However, you can enable the filter that blocks their display. That would be the green plus-sign filter between the two panes when viewing the Articles tab. The articles are not really "removed" (like Agent does, or at least used to, as I haven't used it in a long time) just temporarily hidden.

I recommend you use Alt.Binz and enjoy its badassery. The biggest issue some people have with Alt.Binz is that you cannot directly get headers from newsgroups, so what is left are third party search engines like binsearch, newzleech, aeton and whatever else they're called, so you may not be fond of it seeing as you still utilize them. It provides far more user options as a whole tho and comes equipped with just about anything else you could want. Look for the latest version "0.28.1" on Usenet for the latest version.