PDA

View Full Version : Looking for philosophy thread at Other serious discussion

maverick_andy
07-11-2008, 03:37 PM
:angel1:
yep, for a ppl like us who were aging:lol: and seeking to gain or seeking enlightenment :innocent:. can staff create a separate PHILOSOPHY thread at other serious discussion forum ? . Where we can sit and gain enlightenment:drunk:.

Warn to Bilkenter: donotenter this thread. No spamming allowed:D

bilkenter
07-11-2008, 03:40 PM
too late, which philosopher are we talking about? Spinoza, Sartre, Leibniz a Thomas nage(his book was mortal questions but dont remember his last name quite) and so forth. I damn luv philosophy cant help it :D, also if you are interested in philosophers and so forth, i have a quite good s... name can refer it via pm if u are interested of course:D

edit: what is Donotenter? is it some kinda donat or smt?

edit 2: Lets seek enlightenment:drunk:

Barbarossa
07-11-2008, 03:55 PM
philosophise away, dude :dabs:

maverick_andy
07-11-2008, 04:09 PM
edit: what is Donotenter? is it some kinda donat or smt?

Donotenter = Do not enter:lol::lol:

If u don't have colorblindness then u can see what Donotenter means:lol:

why it is moved to drawing room:cry:. I thought, it will become a headline thread in FST:shifty:

Barbarossa
07-11-2008, 04:15 PM
I thought I was giving you what you want :blink:

A stickied thread in the serious discussion section to talk about philosophy.

maverick_andy
07-11-2008, 04:44 PM
I thought I was giving you what you want :blink:

A stickied thread in the serious discussion section to talk about philosophy.
:lol: u din't get what I said above.:lol: Never Mind I will initiate this programme of enlightenment :happy:. lets start some serious issue which have been neglected by this present living world leaders:lol:

@Barbarossa (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../members/barbarossa-5)

your signature DISTRACTING ME from my philosophy:dog:

bigboab
07-11-2008, 04:56 PM
O.K. Let's start on a light note.

If man evolved from monkeys and apes, why do we still have monkeys and apes?

Is the speed of dark the reverse speed of light?

Why are hemorrhoids called "hemorrhoids" instead of "assteroids"?:blink:

maverick_andy
07-11-2008, 05:09 PM

Have a great day mate:D. Only Einstein can answer to ur query:yup:

maverick_andy
07-11-2008, 05:13 PM
The world is going to end at 2012 A.D

Scientific experts from around the world are genuinely predicting that five years from now, all life on Earth could well finish. Some are saying it'll be humans that set it off. Others believe that a natural phenomenon will be the cause. And the religious folks are saying it'll be God himself who presses the stop button...

Can we believe it ? Are we ready for it ? Is it true ?

1. Mayan Calendar
The first mob to predict 2012 as the end of the world were the Mayans, a bloodthirsty race that were good at two things:
Building highly accurate astrological equipment out of stone and
Sacrificing Virgins.
Thousands of years ago they managed to calculate the length of the lunar moon as 329.53020 days, only 34 seconds out. The Mayan calendar predicts that the Earth will end on December 21, 2012. Given that they were pretty close to the mark with the lunar cycle, it's likely they've got the end of the world right as well.

2. Sun Storms
Solar experts from around the world monitoring the sun have made a startling discovery: our sun is in a bit of strife. The energy output of the sun is, like most things in nature, cyclic, and it's supposed to be in the middle of a period of relative stability. However, recent solar storms have been bombarding the Earth with so much radiation energy, it's been knocking out power grids and destroying satellites. This activity is predicted to get worse, and calculations suggest it'll reach its deadly peak sometime in 2012..

3. The Atom Smasher

Scientists in Europe have been building the world's largest particle accelerator. Basically its a 27km tunnel designed to smash atoms together to find out what makes the Universe tick. However, the mega-gadget has caused serious concern, with some scientists suggesting that it's properly even a bad idea to turn it on in the first place. They're predicting all manner of deadly results, including mini black holes. So when this machine is fired up for its first serious experiment in 2012, the world could be crushed into a super-dense blob the size of a basketball.

4. The Bible says...

If having scientists warning us about the end of the world isn't bad enough,religious folks are getting in on the act aswell. Interpretations of the Christian Bible reveal that the date for Armageddon, the final battle between Good an Evil, has been set down for 2012. The I Ching, also known as the Chinese book of Changes, says the same thing, as do various sections of the Hindu teachings.

5. Super Volcano

6. The Physicists

7. Slip-Slop-Slap-BANG!

We all know the Earth is surrounded by a magnetic field that sheilds us from most of the sun's radiation. What you might not know is that the magnetic poles we call north and south have a nasty habit of swapping places every 750,000 years or so - and right now we're about 30,000 years overdue. Scientists have noted that the poles are drifting apart roughly 20-30kms each year, much faster than ever before, which points to a pole-shift being right around the corner. While the pole shift is underway, the magnetic field is disrupted and will eventually disappear, sometimes for up to 100 years. The result is enough UV outdoors to crisp your skin in seconds, killing everything it touches.

For more info look @
http://www.squidoo.com/year-2012
(http://www.squidoo.com/year-2012)

ilw
07-11-2008, 05:24 PM
I voted no to having a sticky, but only because it has rapidly become apparent that people don't know what philosophy is.
:dabs:

maverick_andy
07-11-2008, 05:31 PM
I voted no to having a sticky, but only because it has rapidly become apparent that people don't know what philosophy is.

People will get to know the real meaning of philosophy when they will get aging and will experience this life.

To those kids,teens and adults its a non-sticky thing:P

bigboab
07-11-2008, 05:50 PM
7. Slip-Slop-Slap-BANG!

We all know the Earth is surrounded by a magnetic field that sheilds us from most of the sun's radiation. What you might not know is that the magnetic poles we call north and south have a nasty habit of swapping places every 750,000 years or so - and right now we're about 30,000 years overdue. Scientists have noted that the poles are drifting apart roughly 20-30kms each year, much faster than ever before, which points to a pole-shift being right around the corner. While the pole shift is underway, the magnetic field is disrupted and will eventually disappear, sometimes for up to 100 years. The result is enough UV outdoors to crisp your skin in seconds, killing everything it touches.

In order for the magnetic poles to move there would need to be a 'heating up' of the earths surface in their present positions. The reason there is magnetism at the north and south poles is because the underlying metal in that area is not molten because of the cold. Metal that is molten does not create a magnetic field.

I hope your theory does not mean that young people will only get a four year mortgage.:(

ilw
07-11-2008, 07:00 PM

People will get to know the real meaning of philosophy when they will get aging and will experience this life.

To those kids,teens and adults its a non-sticky thing:P

:whoosh:

Snee
07-11-2008, 07:13 PM

+1

Confucious is spinning in his grave.

bilkenter
07-11-2008, 07:16 PM
Maybe they know but dont wanna reveal it, anyway

Philosophy has smt to do with the love of knowledge, as far as i know sophy means knowledge the rest means love or to love anyway. So you can put most of the things in the life under philosophy but which philosophy?
Medieval philosophy and so forth

Snee
07-11-2008, 07:24 PM
That post was so good I'm putting you on ignore forever.

bilkenter
07-11-2008, 07:25 PM
:thumbsup:thanks appreciated

enoughfakefiles
07-11-2008, 08:00 PM
The world is going to end at 2012 A.D

Scientific experts from around the world are genuinely predicting that five years from now, all life on Earth could well finish. Some are saying it'll be humans that set it off. Others believe that a natural phenomenon will be the cause. And the religious folks are saying it'll be God himself who presses the stop button...

Can we believe it ? Are we ready for it ? Is it true ?

1. Mayan Calendar
The first mob to predict 2012 as the end of the world were the Mayans, a bloodthirsty race that were good at two things:
Building highly accurate astrological equipment out of stone and
Sacrificing Virgins.
Thousands of years ago they managed to calculate the length of the lunar moon as 329.53020 days, only 34 seconds out. The Mayan calendar predicts that the Earth will end on December 21, 2012. Given that they were pretty close to the mark with the lunar cycle, it's likely they've got the end of the world right as well.

2. Sun Storms
Solar experts from around the world monitoring the sun have made a startling discovery: our sun is in a bit of strife. The energy output of the sun is, like most things in nature, cyclic, and it's supposed to be in the middle of a period of relative stability. However, recent solar storms have been bombarding the Earth with so much radiation energy, it's been knocking out power grids and destroying satellites. This activity is predicted to get worse, and calculations suggest it'll reach its deadly peak sometime in 2012..

3. The Atom Smasher

Scientists in Europe have been building the world's largest particle accelerator. Basically its a 27km tunnel designed to smash atoms together to find out what makes the Universe tick. However, the mega-gadget has caused serious concern, with some scientists suggesting that it's properly even a bad idea to turn it on in the first place. They're predicting all manner of deadly results, including mini black holes. So when this machine is fired up for its first serious experiment in 2012, the world could be crushed into a super-dense blob the size of a basketball.

4. The Bible says...

If having scientists warning us about the end of the world isn't bad enough,religious folks are getting in on the act aswell. Interpretations of the Christian Bible reveal that the date for Armageddon, the final battle between Good an Evil, has been set down for 2012. The I Ching, also known as the Chinese book of Changes, says the same thing, as do various sections of the Hindu teachings.

5. Super Volcano

6. The Physicists

7. Slip-Slop-Slap-BANG!

For more info look @
http://www.squidoo.com/year-2012
(http://www.squidoo.com/year-2012)

Mulder :unsure:

bigboab
07-11-2008, 08:25 PM
If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends?

bilkenter
07-11-2008, 08:27 PM
Popular girls have popular friends. Thereby buying her friends shall also be popular since there is no ultimate popular

bigboab
07-11-2008, 08:44 PM
Popular girls have popular friends. Thereby buying her friends shall also be popular since there is no ultimate popular

That is too philosophical for me to understand.:cry:

bilkenter
07-11-2008, 08:45 PM
;)

Sonnentier
07-11-2008, 09:45 PM
http://www.wellermanns.de/Gerhard/images/GL/stammbaum_mensch2.jpg

If there is enough place for different related animals, they can coexist.
There are different types of dogs, birds etc., so we can also have monkeys and humans.

As you can see in the diagram, it may be that we have a shared predecessor. Some of those creatures were just evolving to apes, they were successful in surviving so they didn't die out and remain over the years. But the same time, some of the creatures were evolving differently, finally becoming human beings.

eram
07-11-2008, 09:52 PM

for the kids who will get them :
since haemorrhoids are the swelling of veins at the connection of the portal to the systemic blood system and haemo or hemo is some greek word for blood.. its because of that :happy:

edit: haíma = blood

kaffeine
07-11-2008, 10:05 PM
why it is moved to drawing room:cry:. I thought, it will become a headline thread in FST:shifty:

Opening a thread in here is enough if you want a serious discussion about this nonsense.
Suggesting a new section for it is just mental.

You should've posted in the Lounge though, you would've been getting all that ass raping you deserve for this :smilie4:

bilkenter
07-11-2008, 10:07 PM

Opening a thread in here is enough if you want a serious discussion about this nonsense.

You should've posted in the Lounge though, you would've been getting all that ass raping you deserve for this :smilie4:
:whistling

Sonnentier
07-11-2008, 10:23 PM
Dark is the absence of light, so I'd say there is no speed ;)

maverick_andy
07-12-2008, 12:14 AM

:lol::lol:

mods now you can close and delete this thread:lol:. I got what i wanted. BTW to all others except bilkenter:D. All your words are meaningless to me.:fst:

maverick_andy
07-12-2008, 12:24 PM
Pls, those who are not interested in this thread, there is a above poll meant for you and stop posting ur views here. Its for like minded ppl. What do you think of this fellas writings

"On Being A Man(The Spiritual Warrior)"
Just like there is no "REAL LIFE 101" or "BEING HAPPY 101" in university coursework, there is no "BEING A MAN 101"; we learn as we go. We are taught many things as factual when so many are just what worked for our role models. It is up to us to find what works for us.
Who are our role models? Our fathers, teachers and coaches, friends, co-workers, bosses, TV and movie actors? I have met quite a few men who have inspired me and motivated me to reach beyond the ordinary. But I have also been disappointed by some that have gotten bogged down in satisfying someone else's expectations.
I think a man, foremost, is a warrior. Not in the common interpretation and not in the aggressive self-assertion that so people mistake for confidence. The warrior fights the battles within. That is where wars need to be fought.

Most external fights are merely a distraction, a diversion from fighting the necessary battles within. Most aggressive self-assertion is projection of inner fear, projections of limiting beliefs that there is not enough for everyone. It is easier to blame others for our rage than to realize that we have the power over our perceptions, over our thoughts, over the fears that come from no other place but within.
So what does the warrior battle?

He questions beliefs to find what is truth for himself. He battles the stray negative thoughts that run across the field of his mind.
I'm talking about the self-defeating "what-if" fantasies. This is usually accompanied by those nasty words, "would", "should" and "could." Thoughts can create emotions, emotions can create thoughts. Fear is a thought that quickly manifests itself as an emotion.
The “What-if / second guessing” cycle is so destructive because it takes the thoughts and emotions spiraling down into a deepening black-hole.
What is the most peaceful, soul-joyous moment you have ever had? I bet it was one where some experience had shutdown your thoughts to almost non-existence, and you felt the joy of experiencing the moment.

Humans, like other animals, are instinctive creatures. The difference is that many human parents and society do their best to discourage the development of instinct and instead teach a bunch of rules which seem to make sense for a while, and then leave us in turmoil when we discover these rules don’t fit us as growing adults.
And the tragic part is to watch grown adults cling vehemently to beliefs that they know in their own hearts don’t fit them. I know because I have done this before.
The even greater tragedy is when men cling so strongly to these beliefs that do not match natural laws, and man attempts to alter nature because his ego can rationalize the need to destroy life rather than face the truth of a mistaken belief. Just look at all the evil and bloodshed that has stained history, performed in the name of God.
The intellect is so seductive because our egos are so tightly linked to the intellect. Ego is the opposite of spirit. Ego is control, spirit is surrender to the flow of universal intelligence, like the "collective consciousness" Carl Jung spoke of. Youth is about mastering what we can control, maturity is about surrendering to what is truly powerful and allowing divine right action to create in our lives. We are all here on this planet to learn and grow - grow up to the innocence we once had as a child.
The intellect is seductive because being reasonable is such a high value. Now I was fortunate that I have the gift to use both halves of the brain with significant energy and we can all develop this. This has given me the perception to go into one half and look at the other. When I look from the creative half at the intellect, I see a machine that emulates the creative process, tries to give birth by bearing down with force of will.

This process is restricted to the 10% of the brain that science speaks of. The creative part knows to open up to the flow that is all around us and allow ourselves to be enchanted with our connection to all things. Good musicians know that the best performance happens when we stop thinking and let the creativity flow through us.
There is no UNDO function, but we can decide if our failures feed success or just repeat again and again. I know I've had my share of garbage dumped on my brain's hard drive, our job is to find it, delete it, replace it with quality. Quality in, quality out, garbage in, garbage out.
So how do we know the difference between truth and garbage data stuffed on the brain's hard disk?
It's the heart that knows, the instincts, the gut feelings, the truth we hear in our moments of silence. A predominate message of this "techno" age is that intellect is king, answer to all problems. But this is one piece of the puzzle and the vacuum created by not developingn our intuitive skills leaves people devoid of their own truth, waiting for the next guru to show them the way.

When we fully develop - develop mind and spirit, intellect and intuition - we figure out that our access to truth was there all the time and is accessed when we trust our access to the truth. Trust our heart, our gut, our instincts. Trusting your heart is scary, especially when "friends" around you tell you that it is foolish to do so. Following your heart is scary especially when you have been hurt before, and hurt severely.

But on every instance that I have been hurt, I look back remember when a little whisper spoke to me from in my heart and said "watch what's happening here", and I didn't listen. The lesson is being in touch, sharp to hear that voice, raising our awareness when we hear the voice. And the voice stops when we stop trusting it. Like so many things in life, use it or lose it.
And the only way to show you trust it is to get up out of the dirt and saddle up again. Life is beautiful, Life hurts, everybody's childhoods were difficult, everybody's life has its own unique challenges, we need to be careful not to build castle walls that also keep out our ability to feel joy and pleasure. I want the good stuff, and I'll take the pain along with it if that's what it takes!

So what is the warrior's job? The vigilance to monitor our thoughts, shut down the noise to reach our peaceful inner truth, and the courage to follow our hearts. This is the butt that needs kicking.

By David Stanley Bell" :)

Skiz
07-12-2008, 12:34 PM
This got way off topic quick. Moved to the Lounge and unstuck.

The Flying Cow
07-12-2008, 01:50 PM
What is this pile of bullshit?

Philosophy? What is this pseudo-phylosophical garbage being copy-pasted here then. I voted no because the apes are evidently among us.

-Sherman

IdolEyes787
07-12-2008, 02:12 PM
Dog is God spelled backwards.
Then why does God drink out of the toilet?

maverick_andy
07-12-2008, 02:29 PM
Done. Closing this one and requesting MODS to delete it becoz I found a place where all things are treated nicely that is my FSC community:happy::P
Damn I love FSC:P

I won't post here anymore :(
ciao

Skiz
07-12-2008, 02:33 PM
^ You see? Now that's how you properly feck off.

The Flying Cow
07-12-2008, 02:44 PM
Hahah Idol...:P

-Sherman

IdolEyes787
07-12-2008, 02:59 PM
He obviously doesn't know much about philosophy.

He thinks that Kierkegaard makes sense so I know it's true.

Hey sherman philosophical question.
If maverickandy swears at us at we can't hear him,does it make a sound?:huh:

JPaul
07-12-2008, 03:23 PM
A tree.

Is the answer a tree.

Skiz
07-12-2008, 03:32 PM
Was that a question?

Something Else
07-12-2008, 03:34 PM
I'm willing to bet mavis andrea posts again before the day is out. :emo:

bilkenter
07-12-2008, 03:35 PM
i dont think, he will post after all things happened to him here, he would post it in his previous forum

maverick_andy
07-12-2008, 03:36 PM
^ You see? Now that's how you properly feck off.
:lol::lol: its not feck d00d, its heck:D
Oh gosh, i posted here again:lol:

He obviously doesn't know much about philosophy.

He thinks that Kierkegaard makes sense so I know it's true.

Hey sherman philosophical question.
If maverickandy swears at us at we can't hear him,does it make a sound?:huh:

I made this thread for a purpose and i got what i wanted. :naughty: about Kierkegaard, I know about his life from my childhood:D. and for all other fellas danke for ur responses:yup:. About philosophy, don't worry mate i know where I stand.:D

The Flying Cow
07-12-2008, 03:36 PM
That's JP on Acid.

Idol, it makes the sound of him thinking.

-Sherman

Something Else
07-12-2008, 03:37 PM

Win. :smilie4: I'm like a miniature Buddha covered in hair or something else. :happy:

bilkenter
07-12-2008, 03:37 PM
he posted !!! lost the bet, he sure knows where he stands :D all that he does is copy paste:D

maverick_andy
07-12-2008, 03:46 PM

Win. :smilie4: I'm like a miniature Buddha covered in hair or something else. :happy:

u r not boodha:lol:, U r a Jesus hangin on wall or somthing :naughty:d00d:P who can see everything

@benchez
ur wish is granted:D

@bilkenter
U know where I stands, congrats. :D

JPaul
07-12-2008, 03:49 PM
One hand clapping, am I right.

The Flying Cow
07-12-2008, 03:52 PM
More like a two-fingered knock on the table.

-Sherman

maverick_andy
07-12-2008, 03:54 PM
One hand clapping, am I right.
really :D glad to hear that:lol: and never heard of that:shifty:

JPaul
07-12-2008, 03:55 PM
More like a two-fingered knock on the table.

-Sherman

I've never played that, is it good.

The Flying Cow
07-12-2008, 04:17 PM
Hurts yer knuckles, lyke.

-Sherman

JPaul
07-12-2008, 04:22 PM
I've never played that either, lyke.