PDA

View Full Version : what do i need to make my site

nelly27
07-12-2008, 07:31 PM
hi all sorry if this is the wrong place but thoght i would ask. i am after making a site i download nulls vBulletin v3.7.0 and it say i need php and mysql. but wanted to no is there a easy way of getting it to work e.g hosting and if so what is the best hosting site

nelly27
07-13-2008, 02:41 PM
can anyone help me plz

boomyag
07-13-2008, 05:05 PM
hi,u will need:
1.domain or subdomain...
2.hosting that support what u need
thats depends if you are going to invest some money,or not...

bilkenter
07-13-2008, 05:09 PM
What kinda site you want has a lot of importance here, if you want something like a blog, use html and css, maybe a little javascript for roll overs and for a few game on your site for entertainment. Maybe a little slide shows with your macromedia flash. But i am guessing you dont need them since you are looking for a board or smt like that right?

tesco
07-13-2008, 10:23 PM
You need hosting that offers php and mysql, to run vbulletin.
The hosting will provide a mysql server address, login and password and you enter that info into your vBulletin config file (includes/config.php).
Upload all of the vBulletin files to a folder of your choice on the ftp provided by the hosting company then browse to:
http://yoursite.com/folderyouplacedvbin/install/install.php
to install, then just follow what's on screen.

Skiz
07-13-2008, 11:15 PM
What kinda site you want has a lot of importance here, if you want something like a blog, use html and css, maybe a little javascript for roll overs and for a few game on your site for entertainment. Maybe a little slide shows with your macromedia flash. But i am guessing you dont need them since you are looking for a board or smt like that right?

What the hell was all that about? :blink:

Just do what tesco said... he makes this site what it is. :)

nelly27
07-30-2008, 05:35 AM
hi all thanks for replying

think_harry
08-07-2008, 10:57 AM
Nelly, please let us know once you comeup with your website ;)

Am0MuK
08-09-2008, 06:51 PM
May be head? you'll need

Cabalo
08-13-2008, 01:26 PM

WTF?? :blink: if you don't know what you talk about, then don't express an opinion. If nelly is willing to try he can install XAMP at his PC and test the website there without the need for a host.

May be head? you'll need
:blink: :blink:

Hi
You need Domain first and then any Designing company and at last service provider.

Thanks
:huh: service provider, know as webhosting. careful with the different shared and dedicated machines, study the traffic generated by your site, etc.