PDA

View Full Version : Trouble with the interweb in China

Seedler
07-15-2008, 04:03 AM
I'm vacationing in China, problem is I can't get on a lot of sites here in China, due to the Great Firewall of China or whatever it's called, where violent/sexually explicit websites are blocked across the nation.:pinch:

Thing is, I can't even get on Facebook, Myspace, and youtube doesn't even work properly, and a lot of other people seem to be having the same problem.

So is there any way to get across this problem? I just want to get on Facebook:cry:

TheSickEmpire
07-18-2008, 04:54 AM
I'm vacationing in China, problem is I can't get on a lot of sites here in China, due to the Great Firewall of China or whatever it's called, where violent/sexually explicit websites are blocked across the nation.:pinch:

Thing is, I can't even get on Facebook, Myspace, and youtube doesn't even work properly, and a lot of other people seem to be having the same problem.

So is there any way to get across this problem? I just want to get on Facebook:cry:

The only way is via a proxy. As long as you can connect to the proxy, the proxy can connect and send everything back to you. The only problem is most proxy's are slow.

If you're desperate, use Tor. Google it. If you have money, buy a VPN and use that.

h1pp0
07-18-2008, 06:12 PM
Why pay for a VPN when you can set one up for free on linux. If you don't know linux you can setup a ssh tunnel for web traffic via putty. If you can't do any of the above try http://www.clanfiles.info/ hopefully it's not blocked in cn........................