PDA

View Full Version : Firefox issues-Can not even PM on FST?

pone44
07-15-2008, 07:11 AM
Currently having broswer issues with firefox 3.0(IE is worse?)I can not pm anyone on FST-did not break any rules here! Ever!...Also other problems,losing passwords-ect. Would have sent a pm.members feel free to pm me and help me figure out why i can not PM anyone here or even click a smiley. :( Could not even post a couple minutes back-got a error message saying to short but i wrote a paragraph?. Now i can post?

Skiz
07-15-2008, 07:30 AM
First, try clearing your cache. Then restart FF completely and try again.

In FF, go to Tools > Options

Click the Privacy tab. At the bottom of the window, click Clear Now and check the Cache box. Then clear the data and restart FF.

Post back with results.

EDIT: Also, what do you mean, "Also other problems,losing passwords-ect."? :unsure:

RPerry
07-15-2008, 11:44 AM
Is it possible you have noscript running ? That would explain why you can't click smilies.

Skizo,
Unless this guy posted something against ToS you had no right to edit his post, that's abuse of power.

Skiz
07-15-2008, 12:07 PM
It wasn't an abuse of power. :blink:

He was asking the question you see as well as a question to a tracker staff member about something completely and totally unrelated. This is "Everything Related to the Board".

I also sent a PM and informed him of what I did, noting that once we sort out his PM issue, he'll be able to resume that communication properly.

devilsadvocate
07-15-2008, 06:10 PM
I have found noscript is the usual cause of posting problems.

With the password loss do you mean when you come back to fst after closing firefox you have to sign in again?
tools>options>privacy---is there a check in "always clear my private data when I close firefox"?

Or do you mean you have to log back in when you try to do anything that requires being logged in? In which case do you allow sites to set cookies and if not have you allowed fst as an exception?

pone44
07-16-2008, 03:22 AM
I didn't even have noscript installed. cleared cache-disabled add ons-tried IE instead of firefox, same problem.I never had this problem. RPerry- What is tos, i did not do anything wrong! I had to change my settings on FST to post- message Editor Interface, had to be reset.? Still i can not PM or even go to a site such as apple and download itunes, used to get a security error in the download box. Fixed that problem but it will download a application such as itunes-spybot SD-any program and disappear..? never saves to where it should. When i search for the file it does not exist. I am very frustrated. Not a member that has ever traded or giving away invites-if that is Tos-terms of service-if so No Way did I!!!?? i have no idea? Skizo when i hit send message(PM) it takes me to the main forum board. I have tried my best to be a good member here and follow rules, i hope i have never let anyone down. Thank you all for trying to help me with this. I need to know how to change my FF settings or internet settings to get my PC back to normal, if anyone has more info please do not hesitate to throw me a pm..again thank you..
capone

Skiz
07-16-2008, 04:16 AM
You haven't broken any rules and this issue is not due to anything we have done in order to limit your account. That being said, let's stay on the topic of your PM's. Let's go step by step as that's a huge word block up there. :dabs:

----------------------

cleared cache-disabled add ons-tried IE instead of firefox, same problem.I never had this problem. I had to change my settings on FST to post- message Editor Interface, had to be reset.?

Reset to what? You should have it to "Standard Editor - Extra formatting controls".

Skizo when i hit send message(PM) it takes me to the main forum board. Thank you all for trying to help me with this. I need to know how to change my FF settings or internet settings to get my PC back to normal, if anyone has more info please do not hesitate to throw me a pm..again thank you..
capone

When you're redirected to the main page, is there a message that is displayed just before?

I think we'll need to wait for tesco to help. If you're being redirected back to the home page with no message, I won't be able to help.

I would tell you to try backing up your plugins and then reinstall FF, but you said IE is doing the same thing.

RPerry
07-16-2008, 09:46 AM
From what I can tell This doesn't appear to be a problem with the forum. Your not having issues with any other websites ? I would begin with uninstalling firefox and then re-installing. Its real simple to do, and should reset all your settings to default.

The option to tell firefox where to save downloaded files is under Tools > options > downloads

I want to say sorry to Skizo, the OP is hard to understand, and with information missing in original post it makes it more difficult.

Something Else
07-16-2008, 06:45 PM
I thought the PM function was disabled for new users. Has that been changed now. :unsure:

RPerry
07-16-2008, 07:12 PM
I thought the PM function was disabled for new users. Has that been changed now. :unsure:

888 posts, he's hardly new :huh:

lynx
07-16-2008, 09:24 PM
I'm suspect the functions mentioned are all part of yahooapis. A copy used to be hosted here, but they are now back at the yahooapis site.

If you've tried blocking some of the ads and in the process blocked yahooapis.com that's probably the problem.

It's certainly what happened to me. :(

tesco
07-16-2008, 09:50 PM
He already said he's ahving issues with other websites, downloading files that don't exist, etc.
This is clearly a spyware or virus problem. ;)

RPerry
07-17-2008, 03:23 AM
He already said he's ahving issues with other websites, downloading files that don't exist, etc.

This is what I was trying to figure out. I don't see where he has said it was other sites, but sounds something like the AXP Defender virus.

Something Else
07-17-2008, 05:39 PM

I meant new as in join date. Obviousment. :mellow:

So can new (as in join date) users use the PM function. :shifty:

RPerry
07-17-2008, 08:36 PM

You serious ? July 2007 , he's been here a year

tesco
07-17-2008, 10:50 PM
That's fairly new. :unsure:
I mean in comparison to some members like barbarossa. :unsure:

Something Else
07-17-2008, 11:06 PM

You serious ? July 2007 , he's been here a year

:glagpinch:

Yeah I forgot it was 2008.

Don't do drugs kids

markupmaster
07-18-2008, 04:31 PM
I was having issues with FF 3.0 earlier this morning..

I uninstalled it and re-installed 2.0..

:P

Something Else
07-18-2008, 04:52 PM
I was having issues with FF 3.0 earlier this morning..

I uninstalled it and re-installed 2.0..

:P

Nobody cares. :dabs:

Imagine_If
07-19-2008, 10:13 AM
:O Firefox 3 smiley clickable, here...and...no one ever PMs me anyways, so that's just another wasted function :unsure:

styles
07-19-2008, 02:28 PM
Same problem happened to me with firefox 3.01.

peat moss
07-19-2008, 03:33 PM
:O Firefox 3 smiley clickable, here...and...no one ever PMs me anyways, so that's just another wasted function :unsure:

Ya well check your pm . :D

pone44
07-30-2008, 06:38 AM
Peat Moss- I need help with my setting on this forum only.? I really love FST, broke no site rules.! I cannot PM or click anything in the smiles box-FST only. Why is that? I hope i have been a good member here-followed all the rules-am active(until late, can't PM or communicate with anyone). Can someone PM me and help me figure out how to fix this?
capone

peat moss
08-03-2008, 09:13 PM
Peat Moss- I need help with my setting on this forum only.? I really love FST, broke no site rules.! I cannot PM or click anything in the smiles box-FST only. Why is that? I hope i have been a good member here-followed all the rules-am active(until late, can't PM or communicate with anyone). Can someone PM me and help me figure out how to fix this?
capone

I just PM 'd you , its working ? :)

Its funny I just reformatted and deleted the Firefox black skin and all my troubles seem so far away . ( The Beatles ) ?

pone44
08-08-2008, 10:12 PM
I guess any member can PM me but i can not PM anyone... ? Only reply to the PM. Clicking on the send message link brings me back to the main forum. I do not know what else to do? i tried uninstalling and reinstalling firefox,still does not work. On FST only..? On other forums , i can PM, click links-ect.

seppypom
08-08-2008, 11:57 PM
i have FF 3.01 running on XP Pro, and i have not experienced any problems.

in firefox, in the error console, do you have any errors (only sort on errors, this site give tons of formatting warnings)

pone44
08-11-2008, 07:30 PM
Still can not contact anyone unless i reply to a previous PM :(

Tried to change settings. Did not work...?

I am not a new member here.

If a virus, how can it be removed?

Really would like to fix this Asap..

pone44
08-12-2008, 07:05 PM
Rossco ,Reality, tesco, can you please PM me , i can only communicate in the forum unless i reply to a PM. My FST account has been like this since FF3.0 came out!Before i upgraded to FF3.0(from FF2), everything was fine.. I click send message, i get the main page-no warning/error messages, can not click the smile box(which i could care less about, but it works on all other forums. ) The PM/smiley box function works on other forums/sites. FST is the only site that i am having issues with sending PM's!

pone44
08-19-2008, 05:10 AM
Sorry for the doublepost's.

pone44
09-12-2008, 10:04 PM
This is kind of ridiculous! I have rebooted my PC, changed browsers, security settings,changed FSt settings-nothing worked!I did everything to try and fix this problem with PM"ing on FST but there is nothing i can do i guess? Really sucks to have to post in a thread for someone to PM me because i can not PM them. I broke no rules! Is not my browser! As i said above. can somebody please look into this?