PDA

View Full Version : A Gift: iPod Nano 3rd Gen..

brotherdoobie
07-18-2008, 12:07 PM
My daughter bought me an iPod for a late Father's day present. I'm not an Apple fan-boy. However, it's a pretty sweet little digital dessert.

I'm impressed with the audio quality; after buying a decent pair of headphones and a bit of tweaking. The screen is gorgeous (even if it's a bit small). I'm also a fan of Apple's menus and the click wheel.

Haters need not apply. I've heard the rhetoric before. If you have something constructive to add...or something helpful to enhance my user experience; then please - do so.

Peace, brotherdoobie

Proper Bo
07-18-2008, 12:10 PM
You've already done the most important part, getting some decent earphones. The standard ones are fooking shite.

Acid_death69
07-18-2008, 12:12 PM
i know whatya mean about the screen apparently its supposed to be hi def.
dunno if anyone else has heard this.

brotherdoobie
07-18-2008, 12:19 PM
You've already done the most important part, getting some decent earphones. The standard ones are fooking shite.

The standard ones are craptastic. Agreed.

-bd :yup:

The Flying Cow
07-18-2008, 12:27 PM
I use those old Sony in-ear ones MDR-EX71 which have a very impressive bass response.

The apple ones are just treble. terrible I mean.

How much space does it have brother?

-Sherman

brotherdoobie
07-18-2008, 12:37 PM
It's the 4 GB one. Barely enough to scratch the surface of my massive collection. However, it will have to do.

-bd :snooty:

The Flying Cow
07-18-2008, 12:46 PM
But you can jog with it, whereas with the 160GB iPod it's inconvenient to run around with.

In all fairness you never really listen to that much music in one sitting anyway (the 20GB iPods +). 4GB is enough to listen to a couple albums, and you can keep switching, placing songs back in the HD and fresh ones on the player, thus in the end listening to more music than if you had it all stored in one device and had the greatest difficulty finding half of what was inside.

At least from personal experience that's the case.

-Sherman

brotherdoobie
07-18-2008, 01:35 PM
But you can jog with it, whereas with the 160GB iPod it's inconvenient to run around with.

In all fairness you never really listen to that much music in one sitting anyway (the 20GB iPods +). 4GB is enough to listen to a couple albums, and you can keep switching, placing songs back in the HD and fresh ones on the player, thus in the end listening to more music than if you had it all stored in one device and had the greatest difficulty finding half of what was inside.

At least from personal experience that's the case.

-Sherman

That's the way I look at it for the most part. I would like a bit more space for video.

-bd