tralalala
07-25-2008, 08:52 PM
:w00t: What on?

Something Else
07-25-2008, 08:53 PM
What flavour is it. :unsure:

The Flying Cow
07-25-2008, 08:54 PM
How pished, lyke, on a scale of 1 to 10. 10 being you won't remember anything from a certain point onwards - anything more than a few chapter prologues, at least.

-Sherman

chalice
07-25-2008, 08:55 PM
Strangely enough, so am I.

Nothing good can come from this deformity of consciousness.

Or can it? :unsure:

Something Else
07-25-2008, 09:03 PM
I am getting pished.

I thought you would want to know.

Getting pished and swearing in libraries. :no:

The Flying Cow
07-25-2008, 09:03 PM

An unknown son somewhere, perhaps.

Wouldn't know whether to class that as good, or otherwise.

-Sherman

Something Else
07-25-2008, 09:04 PM
Strangely enough, so am I.

A moment of clarity could come from it. Anything could in fact. The possibilities are endlessly orsum.

Mr JP Fugley
07-25-2008, 09:06 PM
Old style Apple Friday pished. Like we did back in the day. There's even Darts on FFS.

I think I might have to avoid ben.org. I posted a couple of sensible things but may have to absent myself quite soon.

When I say sensible I just insulted one of the admins. That's what sensible means, right.

Biggles
07-25-2008, 09:12 PM
Tonight I am chilling after a hectic week. A bit of a crisis on the Travel and Subsistence front - they were still using a 1980s manual form which was a tad out of date. I cobbled together a cracking electronic one which I was going to roll out today but I have discovered that if people are plonkers and put pish in the cells that require a numerical value it screws the macro and freezes the computer. :( I think trying to fix that is beyond my skills.

Options -

Wait an age for IT to fix it for me

Publish it on the basis that if they are going to ignore my instructions (in fetching bold red) they deserve a frozen computer.

I'm leaning towards the latter.

SGG bought loads of beads and stretchy thread and appears to be making very colourful body armour :unsure:

Mr JP Fugley
07-25-2008, 09:18 PM
The start of that made me think of Jimmy

http://www.leonardrossiter.com/reginaldperrin/12055.jpg

Mr JP Fugley
07-25-2008, 09:19 PM
I also love the phrase "manual form"

Mr JP Fugley
07-25-2008, 09:20 PM
I just realised, I'm doing a critique on your post, Les.

I'll stop now.

chalice
07-25-2008, 09:21 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GH9btdGPI-c

Biggles
07-25-2008, 09:40 PM
I just realised, I'm doing a critique on your post, Les.

I'll stop now.

That is OK - I merely used the post to let off steam. Should I publish the form? Ctrl alt delete and restart unlocks the computer so it is not a major flaw like :shifty: and if the fecking form say "insert numerical value between 1 and 999 should I care if someone types "I like bananas"?

Jimmy ftw

Mr JP Fugley
07-25-2008, 09:50 PM
Can't you make the field numeric only.

In any case, publish the form with instructions.
Put another cell beside the problematic one saying "Numbers only, moran"

Then if they fuck up it's clearly their own fault.

Publish and be damned.

Mr JP Fugley
07-25-2008, 09:51 PM
Or

Make it a dropdown menu with those options. That's quite easy to do and they can't fuck it up.

Biggles
07-25-2008, 10:04 PM
Unfortunately it was a Scottish Executive form with a fairly big macro. It does magic stuff like sorting all the expense codes and tallying the expenditure so it makes the journal entries a piece of piss. I have changed a lot of the wording, logos etc., and altered the look up tables to use our expense codes and T&S rates. No idea if it was wobbly before I got my hands on it or if it was always sensitive to twuntish hands. I have been playing about with it all week and only froze it trying to repeat what someone who trialled it for me did.

Stick to the rules and it works like a treat and looks nice too. I think I will publish it and get IT to look it over and if they can put a "do it right you twit!" message in place of the "run macro error" then that would be cool and I will update the form with the more robust one.

Mr JP Fugley
07-25-2008, 10:09 PM
Unfortunately it was a Scottish Executive form with a fairly big macro. It does magic stuff like sorting all the expense codes and tallying the expenditure so it makes the journal entries a piece of piss. I have changed a lot of the wording, logos etc., and altered the look up tables to use our expense codes and T&S rates. No idea if it was wobbly before I got my hands on it or if it was always sensitive to twuntish hands. I have been playing about with it all week and only froze it trying to repeat what someone who trialled it for me did.

Stick to the rules and it works like a treat and looks nice too. I think I will publish it and get IT to look it over and if they can put a "do it right you twit!" message in place of the "run macro error" then that would be cool and I will update the form with the more robust one.

ACCOUNTANT :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

Biggles
07-25-2008, 10:12 PM

ACCOUNTANT :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

:huh: How did you know?

:idunno:

brotherdoobie
07-25-2008, 10:18 PM
Cheers. Can we expect max harshness - or are you going gentle into the good night?

-bd

Mr JP Fugley
07-25-2008, 10:19 PM
One feels pished in a mellow way. Who knows how it will go.

clocker
07-26-2008, 05:13 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wml3V-maDeA
Enjoy, JP.

Skweeky
07-26-2008, 08:34 AM

I was having trouble getting to sleep last nght.

If only I'd known this was one here :unsure:

Biggles
07-26-2008, 07:16 PM

I was having trouble getting to sleep last nght.

If only I'd know this was one here :unsure:

Right! - it is Risk and Control measures on overtime claims for you.

Skweeky
07-27-2008, 07:00 AM
Gimme your phone number.

I'm not feeling too great and I'm genuinly having trouble sleeping.

I reckon a wee 5 minute read out of that book and I'll be out for hours!

The Flying Cow
07-27-2008, 08:07 AM
Have you tried Serenal (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oxazepam)? It's good to knock you out and get you to bed when all else fails.

-Sherman

Skweeky
07-27-2008, 08:11 AM
yeah um... I don't think I should be taking that stuff considering I'm 25 weeks pregnant.

The Flying Cow
07-27-2008, 08:14 AM
Oh.

So you're female? I thought you were a male person, like.

My bad, Sonja.

-Sherman

Skweeky
07-27-2008, 08:15 AM
I thought the pink doll next to my name and the giant multi-colour baby countdown sig would've been a dead give away.

The Flying Cow
07-27-2008, 08:16 AM
I'll have to pay more attention to these details in the future.

-Sherman

Skweeky
07-27-2008, 08:29 AM
:lol:

The Flying Cow
07-27-2008, 08:34 AM
Congratulations on being pregnant, though!

Do you already know if it's a lad or a lass?

-Sherman

Skweeky
07-27-2008, 12:54 PM
Naw, you only get one scan in the UK and it's too early to tell at that point. I'll just need to wait until it comes out :D

Biggles
07-27-2008, 05:13 PM
Gimme your phone number.

I'm not feeling too great and I'm genuinly having trouble sleeping.

I reckon a wee 5 minute read out of that book and I'll be out for hours!

The crashing sound would be me hitting the deck as I tried to get past page one :ermm:

Skweeky
07-27-2008, 05:33 PM
:lol:

Perfect I say

Is it this hot down the coast as well?

I just went out to get the laundry and it's fucking roasting!

Barbarossa
07-28-2008, 09:20 AM
Naw, you only get one scan in the UK and it's too early to tell at that point. I'll just need to wait until it comes out :D

In some parts of the UK (i.e. the good parts) you get 2 scans :snooty:

Skweeky
07-28-2008, 12:10 PM
We only get one, unless there is need to have another one.

Something Else
07-28-2008, 11:33 PM
Mebbe barbs was a special case.

Skweeky
07-29-2008, 02:38 AM
Yeah, they couldn't believe he actually impregnated someone.

Barbarossa
07-29-2008, 08:26 AM
When are scans done?

You'll probably be offered two NHS ultrasound scans in pregnancy. Scans performed before eight weeks are usually done vaginally, using a special probe, to allow a clearer picture of the tiny baby while later scans are all done using a scanner on the bump.

* Dating scan at 8-12 weeks - the sonographer takes some basic measurements of your baby, for example from the top of his head to the end of his bottom (crown/rump measurement) in order to calculate how many weeks old he is, and therefore, your due date. Dating scans tend to be done before 13 weeks as they are less accurate after this. However, there can still be a discrepancy in your own date and that confirmed by the scan in which case you may have a range of time, for instance between 12th and 20th July, in which your baby is due. This can prove important later on if you go overdue and your obstetrician starts suggesting induction! Major abnormalities, such as limb deformities, may also be picked up at this stage, depending on the quality of the equipment and the experience of the sonographer.
* 18-22 weeks anomaly scan - this is the main scan at which the sonographer takes a much more detailed look at your baby. She takes various measurements to check that your baby's growth is 'on track' and looks for conditions such as cleft lip and palate, spina bifida, plus any abnormalities of the brain, heart and other organs. She'll also count all your baby's fingers and toes just to be on the safe side!

http://www.babyworld.co.uk/information/pregnancy/antenatal_testing/ultrasound_scans.asp

:snooty:

Skweeky
07-29-2008, 12:03 PM
They do one scan around 16 weeks now. This allows for dating and checking for any anomalies.

It's only changed recently because my boss had her baby in April and she was offered 2 scans. Then they changed it. True story.

brotherdoobie
07-29-2008, 01:01 PM
Socialized health care, ftw.

-bd

Barbarossa
07-29-2008, 01:03 PM
It's not the same in every primary healthcare trust, I can assure you.

CrabGirl
07-29-2008, 02:47 PM
Three of my friends are at the end of their pregnancy and they've each had two scans. Devon FTW!!!
One of them had one of those new 3d scans. THe baby looked like tutenkahmen. True story.

Chip Monk
07-29-2008, 02:50 PM
Health is one of the devolved issues so there may be differing policies in Scotland.

brotherdoobie
07-30-2008, 03:04 AM
The big bang hasn't occurred here.

-bd