PDA

View Full Version : Comparison of Power Metal variety at different trackers

Eargasm
07-27-2008, 06:21 AM
Background: I'm kind of on a power metal kick right now. Trying to get through a mess or two at the moment, and have found that power metal among other metal genres keeps me focused.

Searched waffles for torrents tagged with power.metal = 7 results
Searched what for torrents tagged with power.metal = 232
metalbits power metal category = 232

How do other trackers compare? What other trackers have a good metal variety, and specifically Power Metal? Do they kick ass?

aaatoel
07-27-2008, 09:47 AM
Don't search by tags, better search for bands at this stage. Not all bands and albums are properly tagged! There are of course more than 7 power metal albums at waffles! And of course it depends what you call power metal. Bands like Helloween, Gamma Ray etc are definetely power metal and there are about 70 torrents just from these two bands!

GXice
07-27-2008, 11:07 AM
Join Rockbox. You won't regret it.

soulreaper
07-27-2008, 01:59 PM
Background: I'm kind of on a power metal kick right now. Trying to get through a mess or two at the moment, and have found that power metal among other metal genres keeps me focused.

Searched waffles for torrents tagged with power.metal = 7 results
Searched what for torrents tagged with power.metal = 232
metalbits power metal category = 232

How do other trackers compare? What other trackers have a good metal variety, and specifically Power Metal? Do they kick ass?

One word,one client, SOULSEEK.

Eargasm
07-27-2008, 07:34 PM
Don't search by tags, better search for bands at this stage. Not all bands and albums are properly tagged! There are of course more than 7 power metal albums at waffles! And of course it depends what you call power metal. Bands like Helloween, Gamma Ray etc are definetely power metal and there are about 70 torrents just from these two bands!

Yeah, I've got the Helloween discography and I'm familiar with some power metal bands and already own their work. For my ongoing quest for new power metal, I don't want to have to know the name of the band.

Google does do the trick most of the time, but I feel that is a crappy workaround of this common tracker bug.

Join Rockbox. You won't regret it.

This is an excellent tip. Thanks, GXice. :chris:

To add to the comparison, Rockbox currently has 192 torrents in their power metal category.

I've got a feeling that I'll be able to contribute quite a bit to Rockbox.

aaatoel
07-27-2008, 08:59 PM
You could also try Metal Archives, an online metal encyclopedia where you can learn about new bands from every genre and then download their stuff from waffles or what! Also, you could try last.fm! You won't regret it! :)