PDA

View Full Version : Is FTN community really that good?

Villain
07-27-2008, 03:09 PM
Everybody is talking how FTN community is good but according to this threads there are some huge bastards in it.

LINK 1 (http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=950643)
LINK 2 (http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=712487)
LINK 3 (http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=658405)
LINK 4 (http://www.realpoor.com/Selling_FTN_and_or_SCT_t87190.html)
LINK 5 (http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=661928)
LINK 6 (http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=898132)

Even thought I am not part of FTN community (but i'd like to be:naughty:) I think people should do more research who are they inviting. This is just ridiculous how many people are selling this.

seppypom
07-27-2008, 03:13 PM
no, its not that good, don't bother!

IdolEyes787
07-27-2008, 03:13 PM
Everybody is talking how FTN community is good but according to this threads there are some hude bastards in it.

Same could be said of any tracker or life in general for that matter.

wheeloftime
07-27-2008, 03:14 PM
Even thought I am not part of FTN community (but i'd like to be:naughty:)

What a surprise.

seppypom
07-27-2008, 03:19 PM
i mean, wow another FTN thread

bblogs
07-27-2008, 03:21 PM
Even thought I am not part of FTN community (but i'd like to be:naughty:)

What a surprise.

Edit: You should be more specific about what part of a quoted post you're referring to.
/fixed :rolleyes:

Waiting for some good input on this matter...I honestly didn't spend enough time in the forums to find out, which could have been a mistake. In the end I decided it wasn't for me, from a filesharing point of view.

mafija
07-27-2008, 03:23 PM
The staff should close this thread.Enough is enough.

lukee
07-27-2008, 03:23 PM
These kind of threads prove my point stated in my FTN crap thread.

wheeloftime
07-27-2008, 03:27 PM
What a surprise.

What the hell is that meant to mean? If he was part of FTN he wouldn't have asked this question :frusty:

Waiting for some good input on this matter...I honestly didn't spend enough time in the forums to find out, which could have been a mistake. In the end I decided it wasn't for me, from a filesharing point of view.

I meant what a surprise to find that sentence in a thread about FTN - 'I'm not a member but I want to be' - of course he could genuinely be concerned about nude bastards at FTN (or is that huge) - but I think it's obvious he's just trying to get an invite like the other 100's of threads.

Rumblin
07-27-2008, 03:28 PM
do you really think tehconnection has a better community?

.............thats what i thought

bilkenter
07-27-2008, 03:29 PM
Mate there are even worse people, Ok Brandon is really nice guy at least seems like it just like Stoi, but users ruin the tracker generally, There was a rumour here(still not sure if it is true or not) Someone was accused of using his connections on ftn and fsc to make it harder for certain people to join there. Even rumours make the tracker seem bad...If there are users like this one there, Then scr.... it better reconsider going there again again and again, but most people dont care about the users or how they behave on bt trackers or forums, and join those trackers out of level or the awesome torrents etc. There is this rule that i said earlier that most people use, Seed leech and shut up, this is what most people do honestly. For me, i started to think the same way, who cares? This isnt about community or filesharing, this is about how much torrent you can get, and how rare the stuff are, This is why some people join to those high level tracker. I shall also admit there are nice guyz on ftn or fsc, not like the ones aforementioned, i talk to them on msn, make a conference with our all friends etc, but this doesnt mean the overall community on fsc or ftn is really nice, There are some rotten apples, but some golden apples as well. However, because of those rotten apples, it makes you think whether i shall ever join or not. Lastly, community or friends shall not be just limited to ftn or fsc, There are really nice guyz here or on other forums, You can get to know those nice people and create your own community on msn or such places with those people...

lukee
07-27-2008, 03:33 PM
Mate there are even worse people, Ok Brandon is really nice guy at least seems like it just like Stoi, but users ruin the tracker generally, There was a rumour here(still not sure if it is true or not) Someone was accused of using his connections on ftn and fsc to make it harder for certain people to join there. Even rumours make the tracker seem bad...If there are users like this one there, Then scr.... it better reconsider going there again again and again, but most people dont care about the users or how they behave on bt trackers or forums, and join those trackers out of level or the awesome torrents etc. There is this rule that i said earlier that most people use, Seed leech and shut up, this is what most people do honestly. For me, i started to think the same way, who cares? This isnt about community or filesharing, this is about how much torrent you can get, and how rare the stuff are, This is why some people join to those high level tracker. I shall also admit there are nice guyz on ftn or fsc, not like the ones aforementioned, i talk to them on msn, make a conference with our all friends etc, but this doesnt mean the overall community on fsc or ftn is really nice, There are some rotten apples, but some golden apples as well. However, because of those rotten apples, it makes you think whether i shall ever join or not. Lastly, community or friends shall not be just limited to ftn or fsc, There are really nice guyz here or on other forums, You can get to know those nice people and create your own community on msn or such places with those people...

+1 well said, A tracker forum isn't a place for a community.

stoi
07-27-2008, 03:38 PM
and why not?

sorry i dont understand that one at all, and thats the problem, members just sign up for tracker for what they can get out of them (the files).

I know i would love a cracking community on BCG, good tracker, good community, we have an Ok community atm, but we can always make it better.

We have got a few things in the works for the forum, if they work they work, if not, bah we tried.

Villain
07-27-2008, 03:40 PM
What the hell is that meant to mean? If he was part of FTN he wouldn't have asked this question :frusty:

I meant what a surprise to find that sentence in a thread about FTN - 'I'm not a member but I want to be' - of course he could genuinely be concerned about nude bastards at FTN (or is that huge) - but I think it's obvious he's just trying to get an invite like the other 100's of threads.

Look I am not looking for invite because I rarely use 0-day trackers. I also know only way for me to get the invite to FTN is to buy it. But I am not interested to. This thread I made because there are a lot of topics about FTN requests and I just wanted to show those who have FTN invite that they should beware who they invite because you can see how people are selling FTN invites!

seppypom
07-27-2008, 03:45 PM

it was sarcasm, oh wait, i forgot one of these :whistling

markupmaster
07-27-2008, 03:50 PM
I personally enjoy FTN's community. Of course,It isn't as good as FSC community-wise by it is still better than others.

Rumblin
07-27-2008, 04:02 PM

it was sarcasm, oh wait, i forgot one of these :whistling
well let me prove myself here, so theres no sarcasm on both sides

here are Tehconnections Forums
(you are an admin there)
http://i34.tinypic.com/n69v1v.png
http://i38.tinypic.com/oqlutl.png

There are TC's stats, you have a little more then 11000 users
http://i35.tinypic.com/72et1l.png

now heres another site.........

Part of the Forum:
http://i35.tinypic.com/203tro.png

Heres is the same site's stats for their users:
http://i35.tinypic.com/scfe5l.png

a little over a thousand........

Thats called community bro, so dont waltz in here and say what is or isnt when the site you administer has less posts total then one category of a forum

community pwns any day of they week seppy

Ali-g
07-27-2008, 04:03 PM
oh cmn not another one

seppypom
07-27-2008, 04:07 PM
Wow, did you really run with that,

A. I could give a fuck
B. I could give a fuck

Rumblin
07-27-2008, 04:08 PM
Wow, did you really run with that,

A. I could give a fuck
B. I could give a fuck
http://i35.tinypic.com/2yvpd9h.png

some more community by you

seppypom
07-27-2008, 04:10 PM
besides, i though you where leaving

bilkenter
07-27-2008, 04:13 PM
Honestly, in my opinion, I am not a member on tehconnection, so wont comment on it, But on the other site, i was a member. Before i argue, i shall point out i have no intention of badmouthing the latter site that you mentioned. Honestly, i like their polls, But a community in my opinion is a place where most of the users have trust in other members, Most can give away smt without any hesitation about the user, Also in the site, I havent been around there much on forums, but whenever i logged in to the site, There were only a few people online, Topics were mostly about what is your favourite game, do you smoke or etc... This isnt a community in my opinion, As i said a community is a place where you have no hesitation about most users intentions, where you can give away 1 year rapid or share it without anything in return or such, This is what i call a nice community with unbreakable bonds. Then again. i havent been around there much, maybe i failed to see how great community it was, but this is my opinion

Skizo SPAM HERE! you guyz force others to spam too :S

Rumblin
07-27-2008, 04:20 PM
only when you stop badmouthing :)

stoi
07-27-2008, 04:22 PM
@ bikenter, not everything revolves around giving away RS and invites to other trackers you know.

Actually i think a tracker would be daft to allow that, we want members to stay with us, not piss off somewhere else, or find something that may be better.

I know trackers are not in competition with each other, but for the members we have we want to keep them, so we have to put a stop to some activity.

but saying that we have just made a new external invites forum, so im happy to work with other trackers so we can share some members, but i dont want my members going there, and not coming back.

believe it or not, there are only so many good members that use private trackers, and they are few and far between.

seppypom
07-27-2008, 04:24 PM

are you retarded? It was a sarcastic comment to another stupid, pointless thread, from a noob that joined today and has 30 posts already, who cant be bothered to look around for the other 40 threads before posting.

Rumblin
07-27-2008, 04:27 PM

are you retarded? It was a sarcastic comment to another stupid, pointless thread, from a noob that joined today and has 30 posts already, who cant be bothered to look around for the other 40 threads before posting.
seppy i can point out at least 40 posts youve made about ftn and brandon in general, if you want me to....i can

seppypom
07-27-2008, 04:31 PM
no, you can point out 40 posts where i am screwing with ppl that are asking about ftn, theres a difference.

bilkenter
07-27-2008, 04:41 PM
@ bikenter, not everything revolves around giving away RS and invites to other trackers you know.

Actually i think a tracker would be daft to allow that, we want members to stay with us, not piss off somewhere else, or find something that may be better.

I know trackers are not in competition with each other, but for the members we have we want to keep them, so we have to put a stop to some activity.

but saying that we have just made a new external invites forum, so im happy to work with other trackers so we can share some members, but i dont want my members going there, and not coming back.

believe it or not, there are only so many good members that use private trackers, and they are few and far between.
Actually, Stoi what i meant by rapidshare example was the trust people on a tracker have for others, the users doesnt have to give anything, It is all about how trustful you are. His mother may have passed away, he may need help with linux os etc, It is under such conditions that you get rid of this doubt that stays on most supposedly communities. This is when you decide to have faith in that user. To make it more clear about what i meant, Here on fst, Some people are afraid to give invites because they have doubts about the other people in this community. What i mean by a good community with unbreakable bonds was the lack of doubt in a community. As long as doubt and suspicion is not there, i think it is an awesome community, Then again, It will be quite harsh to create such a community, This is why, i think creating your own community on your msn list or aim list is way better, I have no doubts about the people on my list, If they were to ask anything, I wouldnt require a ratio or anything like that from them which shows that i am suspicious of them because i have already put my faith in them. And this faith is the way to a nice community. But as i said it is quite hard to achieve.

Sorry there isnt an order on the post.

Rumblin
07-27-2008, 04:43 PM
no, you can point out 40 posts where i am screwing with ppl that are asking about ftn, theres a difference.
no i can point out 5000 of those, but 40 you just being a dick to other people

look up jealousy in the dictionary, it may suit you as a good personality decree

stoi
07-27-2008, 04:46 PM
Well we have a buy/sell forum, we have had a few scares but most if not all of the transactions have went through fine.

We have nothing to do with it though, if anything goes wrong, its not mine nor the trackers responsiblitly, but so far so good and its been going for 9 months or so.

in all homesty, im not keen on it at all, and i have been going to close it a few times, but others always talk me around to keeping it open.

but i would say that takes more trust in your community, than an invite. your buying something, for cool hard cash (and no its not invites, it is consoles, games, whatever, nothing to do with torrents or any other filesharing) we even banned members selling FTP server space on there.

SgtMajor
07-27-2008, 04:51 PM
Here we go round the mulberry bush
The mulberry bush, the mulberry bush
So early in the morning

This is the way we wash our clothes
Wash our clothes, wash our clothes
So early Monday morning

This is the way we iron our clothes
Iron our clothes, iron our clothes
So early Tuesday morning

This is the way we mend our clothes
Mend our clothes, mend our clothes
So early Wednesday morning

This is the way we sweep the floor
Sweep the floor, sweep the floor
So early Thursday morning

This is the way we scrub the floor
Scrub the floor, scrub the floor
So early Friday morning

This is the way we bake our bread
Bake our bread, bake our bread
So early Saturday morning

This is the way we go to church
Go to church, go to church
So early Sunday morning

mrnobody
07-27-2008, 05:01 PM
this is FTN bashing thread, open a different one if u want to compare movie trackers :whistling

on topic, FTN is sooooooooooo shitty that i get most of my scene suff from there.

also, don't bother joining FTN, as larger userbase will decrease my epenis.

deadalive1
07-27-2008, 05:27 PM
Lmao @ squirr3l...too funny

The Flying Cow
07-27-2008, 05:27 PM
No, the FTN community isn't that good at all.

You shouldn't join it.

-Sherman

Eargasm
07-27-2008, 09:34 PM
Hmmm... while we've got PtN and TC people here. How about allowing multiple genres per movie. It's annoying to have to skim through all of action and then comedy just to have a chance of finding an action comedy. This isn't a video store, it's the internet, we can do better.

/derail

Detale
07-27-2008, 09:39 PM
Ok time for everyone to take a deep breath now.

SgtMajor
07-27-2008, 09:47 PM
After 2 deep breaths, I decided we need more FTN threads, how about any 2 of the following (or all of them even?

Is FTN The Sexiest Tracker On Earth?

Does FTN Treat Its Members Fairly & Without Prejudice?

Should FTN Have Open Signups?

Why Does FTN Not Have A Request Section?

I Think That FTN Should Allow Anyone To Upload.

<do you see how the words FTN flow neatly throughout in an angled straight line>?

How many times can I get the words FTN in one post?

ghurka
07-27-2008, 09:51 PM

Look I am not looking for invite because I rarely use 0-day trackers. I also know only way for me to get the invite to FTN is to buy it. But I am not interested to. This thread I made because there are a lot of topics about FTN requests and I just wanted to show those who have FTN invite that they should beware who they invite because you can see how people are selling FTN invites!Ummm....you don't have access to the BT invites section yet so how would you know that there are a lot of requests for FTN invites.

jukesta
07-27-2008, 10:31 PM
After 2 deep breaths, I decided we need more FTN threads, how about any 2 of the following (or all of them even?

Is FTN The Sexiest Tracker On Earth?

Does FTN Treat Its Members Fairly & Without Prejudice?

Should FTN Have Open Signups?

Why Does FTN Not Have A Request Section?

I Think That FTN Should Allow Anyone To Upload.

<do you see how the words FTN flow neatly throughout in an angled straight line>?

How many times can I get the words FTN in one post?

lawl at this

buggyfresh
07-28-2008, 02:44 AM
The mulberry bush, the mulberry bush
So early in the morning

Wash our clothes, wash our clothes
So early Monday morning

Iron our clothes, iron our clothes
So early Tuesday morning

Mend our clothes, mend our clothes
So early Wednesday morning

Sweep the floor, sweep the floor
So early Thursday morning

Scrub the floor, scrub the floor
So early Friday morning

Bake our bread, bake our bread
So early Saturday morning

Go to church, go to church
So early Sunday morning

:lol: musical spam!

SgtMajor
07-28-2008, 02:59 AM
It's a new day, but we are still going round in circles repeating the same words, nothing changes.

It's just an analogy in case anyone got :whoosh: right over their heads.

Funkin'
07-28-2008, 03:00 AM
I for one actually enjoy FTN's community very much. I didn't think it would be good at all when I first joined, just from the comments that I've read before about it. But it's active, and there are a lot of friendly members that post in it.

My favorite communities of the trackers I have are:
IPT
BCG
Pisexy
(Some of the nicest members and staff I've met have been from these three sites)
And now FTN's is really starting to grow on me. I'm liking it more and more everyday, and I'm posting in it more everyday. It's definitely way better than some so-called "community trackers" like Scl. :rolleyes:

sear
07-28-2008, 04:14 AM
this doesnt mean the overall community on fsc or ftn is really nice, There are some rotten apples, but some golden apples as well. However, because of those rotten apples, it makes you think whether i shall ever join or not.

please keep it that way :dry:

SgtMajor
07-28-2008, 04:18 AM
this doesnt mean the overall community on fsc or ftn is really nice, There are some rotten apples, but some golden apples as well. However, because of those rotten apples, it makes you think whether i shall ever join or not.

please keep it that way :dry:

No point in me asking on his behalf then? :rolleyes:

sear
07-28-2008, 05:05 AM
lol...you can always try :whistling

SgtMajor
07-28-2008, 05:18 AM

Even if he was the inspiration of I Am Legend, I still wouldn't :noes:

kooftspc11
07-28-2008, 05:28 AM
i think irc activity is a much better measure of "community" than a forum

deadalive1
07-28-2008, 05:46 AM

Even if he was the inspiration of I Am Legend, I still wouldn't :noes:

lmao, too funny and I don't blame you. ;)

The Flying Cow
07-28-2008, 09:11 AM
i think irc activity is a much better measure of "community" than a forum

Well in this case it is funner to chill @ the chan then @ the forums. They tend to have a lot of meaningless "I-want-my-post-count-as-high-as-possible-so-people-can-see-I'm-an-active-member-of-FTN-and-this-way-I-might-get-invited-into-FSC" spam @ the forem, which drives me toward the channel more often these days.

I just cannay be ersed to read through all that fodder.

-Sherman

xenix
07-28-2008, 10:08 AM
Yes it is a good site. I dont know why people say the site is not good but mayby they have trying to find an invite for years just because everybody else wants it and when they join they expecting to much. Remember, FTN is a torrentsite and should be used for torrenting and not because its a high level site and people beening jelous on you.

Presto
07-28-2008, 10:12 AM
If you you think threads a la "What's your HD size?" , "What's your name?" make a good forum & community, then yes. Otherwise I'm sorry, but no. You can't expect a good community from a tracker, where 90% of the members are inactive and log in every two days just so they don't get pruned.

Legion
07-28-2008, 11:01 AM
@Anyone that has an acc: if you don't like non of what ftn stands for, you can easily request for disable
@The rest: you gotta realise, this kind of threads are shit and won't get you anywhere. Some are frustrated that it's quite hard to get in...and that's about it

dunson
07-28-2008, 11:07 AM
The community is ok. All that stuff about wanting FTN or any other trackers for community is bullshit I think. If I could start a tracker there would be no forum or friends lists or anything like that.

IdolEyes787
07-28-2008, 11:29 AM
I think for the most part you are right dunson.Community is just a buzz word that people have learned to used without really understanding what it means.
A tracker with no forums would serve the majority of people just as well.

The Flying Cow
07-28-2008, 11:49 AM
A tracker is a tracker.

Forums are places like FST.

That's why I agree with yon coonts. No point in joining Eff Tee En, if you're going for the "community". It's a fucking graveyard, their forem.

Stick to their tracker, and the IRC, as has been mentioned.

Coonts.

-Sherman

Skiz
07-28-2008, 01:34 PM
Everybody is talking how FTN community is good but according to this threads there are some huge bastards in it.

LINK 1 (http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=950643)
LINK 2 (http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=712487)
LINK 3 (http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=658405)
LINK 4 (http://www.realpoor.com/Selling_FTN_and_or_SCT_t87190.html)
LINK 5 (http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=661928)
LINK 6 (http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=898132)

Even thought I am not part of FTN community (but i'd like to be:naughty:) I think people should do more research who are they inviting. This is just ridiculous how many people are selling this.

Every tracker has "huge bastards" in it.

Your links say more about that forum than anything else. I mean, those posters aren't even banned on that forum. :blink:

asoto
07-28-2008, 01:46 PM
I'm in FTN so the community isn't that good :naughty:

bilkenter
07-28-2008, 01:49 PM
The best community is the one you make on your own, My friend is gonna help me play wow on cracked servers, then we gonna kill as many as bithces we can :D this is what i damn call an awesome community where you share most of the things game experience and etc :D

Swift
07-28-2008, 02:58 PM
I'm in FTN so the community isn't that good :naughty:

yeah sure... :frusty::frusty:

not a good ideea to use same name here and in ftn

asoto
07-28-2008, 03:06 PM
lol i don't what u thought but i was jking
man it's hot here ;[

ovisan
07-28-2008, 03:57 PM
$45 for an invite!?!?!?!
Fookin ell thats 25 quid!!!!
That would be the stupidest thing you could possibly do
I ve just seen the otha one with $90... Unbelievable

A tracker is a tracker.
Coonts.

-Sherman

+999...999

Nemrod
07-28-2008, 04:24 PM
About the topic: Yes itīs one of the best communities, at least for me.

deadalive1
07-28-2008, 04:37 PM
About the topic: Yes itīs one of the best communities, at least for me.
Agreed^^^, that it is.

xnugx
07-28-2008, 06:04 PM
Basically, the only people that say it's not the best aren't in it. That's a straight up fact.

Duckater
07-28-2008, 06:11 PM
I don't think its the best community I am in, but it is one of the better ones :)
There are some very knowledgable people there who are very helpful :)
But that does not make it the best for me

Feeling
07-28-2008, 07:53 PM
And they moan at tracers for wanting to keep FTN sekrets.

lul.

Duckater
07-28-2008, 07:57 PM
well it is possible to keep a tracker out of tracer channels :)

bilkenter
07-28-2008, 08:00 PM

lul.
I was gonna say smt about this earlier...
Isnt F.....supposed to be a secret place? They had to shut down earlier, I am afraid, it will happen again with this much publicity, noone hears uk... because they were shut down once as far as i know... I think ftn is in great danger because of this much publicity though i might be wrong.

asoto
07-28-2008, 09:19 PM

lul.
I was gonna say smt about this earlier...
Isnt F.....supposed to be a secret place? They had to shut down earlier, I am afraid, it will happen again with this much publicity, noone hears uk... because they were shut down once as far as i know... I think ftn is in great danger because of this much publicity though i might be wrong.

Every (elite) tracker is in great danger.
Even though every new tracker tries to hide their url from the outside publicity they can't.

colbert
07-28-2008, 10:43 PM
People say they want community, but I don't buy it. The average user just wants free stuff from the site.

xnugx
07-29-2008, 07:52 AM
To the OP:

The answer is: Yes. I don't need to go into detail, but by far, in all my experience on FST,
FTN members are the most knowledgeable, generous, and leet torrent users I have come
across, bar none. I'm convinced at this point.

mafija
07-29-2008, 08:07 AM
To the OP:

The answer is: Yes. I don't need to go into detail, but by far, in all my experience on FST,
FTN members are the most knowledgeable, generous, and leet torrent users I have come
across, bar none. I'm convinced at this point.

:lol:

Rumblin
07-29-2008, 11:10 AM
Wow, did youhttp://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/images/editor/separator.gif really run with that,

A. I could give a fuck
B. I could give a fuck

then why'd u ban me :)

thanks for it anyway

omarscoming
07-31-2008, 12:32 AM
Wow, did youhttp://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/images/editor/separator.gif really run with that,

A. I could give a fuck
B. I could give a fuck

thanks for it anyway

i know he's banned, so he won't ever see this, but still, my guess would be becouse you didn't let it go!

seppypom
07-31-2008, 04:13 AM

thanks for it anyway

Nothing to do with anything in this thread, but for the same reason you where banned from here.

i know he's banned, so he won't ever see this, but still, my guess would be becouse you didn't let it go!

Don't believe for a second that he doesn't already have another account here! or There!

kooftspc11
07-31-2008, 05:28 AM

thanks for it anyway

i love your avatar <3

omarscoming
07-31-2008, 06:57 PM
Don't believe for a second that he doesn't already have another account here! or There!

Tru Dat

i love your avatar <3

THanks