PDA

View Full Version : Threat to BitTorrent

Who?
07-27-2008, 03:17 PM
As many of you know, a new private BitTorrent tracker has sprung up after Brokenstones was shut down to fill the void of a mac tracker. I thought this was a great thing and instantly got involved. That is, until I discovered how greedy the owner really is and what her plans were. The owner of this tracker, RachelFaith, has a giant master plan to unite all bittorrent trackers as a legal business front as something that cannot be taken down. At the same time, she has pay2leech setup at such rediculous amounts that it undermines all tried and true torrent economy systems and serves only as a get rich quick scheme for her. Talk about greed at others' expense. She has also registered Vortex Network as a legal business, but pays no taxes, so there's another problem right there. Add that all on top of treating the staff wrong except for the few she likes, and the fact that she has no earthly concept of how to run anything related to bittorrent or a website, and you have one tracker destined for disaster. I am writing this to inform the community to stay away at all costs, because when Vortex finally does fall, it will fall hard, and I wouldn't want to see anyone get sucked in to being a part of their incompetence.

integral
07-27-2008, 03:21 PM
Such a plan would never work. Trying to unite and legitimize all bittorrent trackers, which are all most likely taking part in some kind of copyright infringement, is a surefire way to attract more heat, lawsuits, and international investigation than you can shake a stick at. Not sure if any of that is true about Vortex, though.

Who?
07-27-2008, 03:27 PM
Not sure if any of that is true about Vortex, though.

It's all 100% true

bblogs
07-27-2008, 03:34 PM
My eternal inner skeptic simply wonders what motive you'd have for posting this...? Revenge?

However I'll respectfully ask you if you have anything credible to back up your theories.

dragos
07-27-2008, 03:36 PM
My eternal inner skeptic simply wonders what motive you'd have for posting this...? Revenge?

informing the masses ?

Tanuki
07-27-2008, 03:38 PM
Wow, even if all of this is true, one crackpot new site owner and all bittorrent is threatened. :lol:

bblogs
07-27-2008, 03:42 PM

informing the masses ?

Bugger, I just did my part. I'm not posting in this thread again. :dry:

Who?
07-27-2008, 03:43 PM
I have posted this to inform the masses, not as revenge or whatever else. I also cannot tell who I am for personal reasons, hence why I am posting on this account. Yes I do have a credible backing, as I had a certain position on Vortex. And yes, one site owner who gets about 11,000 people to believe what she does can hurt us all due to their expectance of this type of mentality throughout the community

slimdogp
07-27-2008, 03:47 PM
:sleep: Who cares what some dumb bitch on a mac tracker thinks.

markupmaster
07-27-2008, 03:52 PM
Well,If it is true,we will find out I guess...

Juanto
07-27-2008, 04:06 PM
I'm stupid? Yes, I am.

Nemrod
07-27-2008, 04:17 PM
None accusation must be taking in consideration if no proofs provided.
I could say that you are a FBI agent, somebody moving by hate or even that you come from Mars. And I should get the same credibility than you.
You say you have a background, a reputation, etc... bullshit, if you really know what you are talking about and you are motivated by fair reasons, then you have to decide between hiding behind an anonymous username and look like a hater or act like a honest person and tell what you have to tell being who you really are.
Maybe you´re right, but I don´t care, until I have some real proof or argument, not an accusation made by Whothehellknowswhoandwhy.

Who?
07-27-2008, 04:41 PM
and also, their total monthly server expenses due to using freely available site software and tracker solutions is less than $200, which makes this look even more like highway robbery.

Guest24
07-27-2008, 04:55 PM
Donations
All donors get the Golden Tornado.

Patron A person who is a customer, client, paying guest, or a person who supports with money, gifts, efforts, or endorsement.

Noble A privileged peer, distinguished by rank or title, belonging to a class that is composed of those who exemplify special exalted character or excellent status or are otherwise famous; illustrious; or renowned for their ideals or conduct.

$10 = 10GB & Automatic Patron for 30 days.
$20 = 25GB & Automatic Patron for 90 days.
$30 = 50GB & Automatic Patron for 180 days.
$40 = 75GB & Automatic Patron for 240 days.
$50 = 100GB & Permanent Patron Class.
$75= 100GB & Nobel Class for 60 days.
$100 = 250GB & Nobel Class for 120 days.
$250 = 500GB & Permanent Nobility.

If any total in any 365 days equals or exceeds the $250 mark, permanent Nobility is granted.

Site and design © 2008 Vortex Network

Who?
07-27-2008, 05:02 PM
Donations
All donors get the Golden Tornado.

Patron A person who is a customer, client, paying guest, or a person who supports with money, gifts, efforts, or endorsement.

Noble A privileged peer, distinguished by rank or title, belonging to a class that is composed of those who exemplify special exalted character or excellent status or are otherwise famous; illustrious; or renowned for their ideals or conduct.

$10 = 10GB & Automatic Patron for 30 days.
$20 = 25GB & Automatic Patron for 90 days.
$30 = 50GB & Automatic Patron for 180 days.
$40 = 75GB & Automatic Patron for 240 days.
$50 = 100GB & Permanent Patron Class.
$75= 100GB & Nobel Class for 60 days.
$100 = 250GB & Nobel Class for 120 days.
$250 = 500GB & Permanent Nobility.

If any total in any 365 days equals or exceeds the $250 mark, permanent Nobility is granted.

Site and design © 2008 Vortex Network

seems like an extreme p2l to me...i mean look at those numbers. That just shows that most of the money is going straight into the owner's pocket

stoi
07-27-2008, 05:06 PM
And?

Lots of trackers are like that, and sometimes its the only way for new trackers to keep their head above water (even we did it when we first started out, then we seen the light).

It wont be the first and it definately wont be the last.

mrnobody
07-27-2008, 05:10 PM

IdolEyes787
07-27-2008, 05:10 PM
So don't donate.Who cares if you are a patron or not?
Although it is extreme no one is twisting anyone's arm here.

SgtMajor
07-27-2008, 05:13 PM
A $250 donation, I've never ever seen such a sum mentioned on a tracker before.

The expectation that someone would actually consider that amount must be there for the figure to be quoted in the first place.

However, it's up to members what they decide to do, not me or the OP bitching on a public forum, the members themselves will decide what is, and isn't, a fair donation for what they get.

It's all checks & balances, and if a person wants to run an internet torrent site as a means of employment, so what, it takes a lot of time & effort in keeping something like that afloat, some will dislike it, some will embrace it, just leave it to their userbase to decide what is and isn't ethical.

One man's wine is another man's vinegar, if you don't like something then either move on or fight it from within, not create a new account here and whine about it, sounds like sour grapes.

Guest24
07-27-2008, 05:18 PM
A discussion not a debate.

That is what I shall be doing. In a debate, sides present their case and then some other party gets to decide.
In a discussion, both sides can present their case and then that is that.
They are each understood. But there is not the presumption that persuasion will occur.

I know this “debate” has been around for longer than p2p. I know the roots run deep and no one post can
persuade those whose minds are already made up.
Thus, this is a discussion. Feel free to discuss for as long as you wish.
Feel free to ‘debate’ if you wish. Know that I am not interested in debate.

With that being said, let me make the brief introduction and outline the points I hope to present.
There are many issues, and not all of them are even related, so keeping this as a discussion not a debate,
allows the latitude to include all the points being raised even if some are not germane.

The list of points:

P2L is bad, impure, and somehow against the spirit of something greater. It makes others (those who pay not seed)
who are for this reason not as good as others (those who see seeding as the ultimate sign) equal.

Yeah, it does exactly that. It says, just because you seed and do not donate, you are not better than someone who donates
and does not seed as much as you. If you are offended by the equality of the two different ways in which status can be obtained,
that is your personal feeling.
But a feeling is not a fact. Choose to act upon a feeling and not a fact, and you act irrationally. That is also a fact.

The fact is, we fully declare that there is no superiority between those who seed and those who donate. None.
We are neutral, unbiased and blind to any such thought, rejecting totally and without repentance the notion that seeders are “better” than “donors”.

That this is a point of contention for those who would like to think they are better than someone else – because their way is pure – is a very
old elitist mentality which we fully intend to eradicate.
In short such thinking is beyond bullshit, and the mark of juvenile thinking and weak egos who cannot bear the thought that they are not superior to someone else.

This is why we do not have the titles as plain as other sites.

Take the word user, or power user. What is a user? Someone who uses something or someone. This too has been rejected.
You will never see the word user in any of our rules or guides. You, the people are not users. You are not using us, using each other,
or using the community. You are members, each equal under the rules and given the same opportunity to succeed or fail in your own right.

Now the other end. The VIPs. We do not have this term either. Rejected is the idea that someone is more important or very important
beyond anyone else. All members are part of the same body. Any opinion from any member is received with the same hope, optimism and credibility as is any other.
Each will be weighed on the merits of the idea, not on some favored status. You are all Very Important People.
Words have meaning, and we have chosen the theme and the words for the titles with that care in mind.

What are the other problems? The red herring. Server costs. Let us be very clear. Vortex Network is not a tracker. It has a tracker.
True enough. And we come to existence from the ashes of a tracker. Also true. But this is not who we are, where we are going and what is to be the future.

We are more than a tracker. We are more than 22,000 members. Not yet, not today, not this hour. But sooner than later.
Sooner than many but a very small few who really understand what is going on, would dare to believe. So let us be clearer for all.

We are a legal and legitimate Tax Exempt Corporation. Any other site taking money of any kind for any reasons and not filing with the
authorities needs to face the facts that p2p may not have ever put anyone in prison, but tax evasion has done so to the best of mice and men.

There are two schools of thought. One is old and is the conventional thinking. One is new and is the wisdom we present.

The first school of thought says this: Our technology is forbidden by most authorities, we must be small, quiet, hidden and meek.
If we get caught we must lie and erase our activities. We, by these actions admit our guilt and we believe ourselves to be criminals.
Nothing, will or can change and we must act in this belief.

We reject every element of that thought. We embrace a better future. We believe the statutes change. We believe public perception changes.
We are students of the law, of history and we are agents of change.

Like those before us who stood for the right of men to be free of slavery, like those before us whose suffrage was to bring the right of women to vote,
and like those before us who have stood even for their most basic of human rights under much worse oppression and tyranny, we stand to bring the necessary changes
to the use of p2p technology and to the common sense rights for intellectual property as well.

We do not hide. We are not criminals. Our behavior will not be that of cowards, criminals or those who are ashamed to speak out truth in this, a darkened night.

Your donation is not for access to a tracker. That access is free.
And as the seeder club has pointed out, a donation is not needed at all to seed or even to build a ratio, provided you are willing to wait long enough.

Your donation will fund this change. It will provide us the opportunity to build a community far beyond 22,000 members, beyond 220,000 members.
It will change the whole misunderstanding about what p2p technology is, does and who and why we are doing what we do.

Our effort will be public, it will be open, it will be legal, and you will see exactly where your contributions are going.
And we use the word contribution, because it is not just a donation of money, but of time and effort, which will be rewarded as well.

This is just a single small step into a new world vision. This is but the tiniest spark of hope in a hopeless future.
We are asking you to be part of that spark. To be keen to lighting the brush fire which then can never be extinguished!

And to our dear friends who cannot. To those whom we still love and respect, we wish you the best in your efforts.
We bear no ill will to those who, in their own belief cannot see, cannot hear and will not act.
We ask only, that you let us do so. We ask this in friendship and sincerity.

We know these are real differences and they are real points of objection. We understand the thinking of fear.
Do not think we are deaf to it or ignorant of it.
We know you are uncomfortable with our choice, and you feel safer in your isolation.
That is the freedom we all share. The choice we all make.
You can go in peace or stay and be peaceful.

This is not a debate. This is a direction and a path. You are welcome to walk it with us, or stop and wait and watch, or run and hide as far as you may need to run.
We will not hold it against you in any path you choose.

And should providence shine a blessing upon us, we will never ask “Where were you?” We will embrace it together, welcoming you to this future as brothers/sisters, family.

For those who understand, who see what could be and seek with us to pursue it, to embrace the future: You have reached the calm… the eye of the storm.

Rachel Faith Anderson

Who?
07-27-2008, 05:20 PM
A $250 donation, I've never ever seen such a sum mentioned on a tracker before.

The expectation that someone would actually consider that amount must be there for the figure to be quoted in the first place.

However, it's up to members what they decide to do, not me or the OP bitching on a public forum, the members themselves will decide what is, and isn't, a fair donation for what they get.

It's all checks & balances, and if a person wants to run an internet torrent site as a means of employment, so what, it takes a lot of time & effort in keeping something like that afloat, some will dislike it, some will embrace it, just leave it to their userbase to decide what is and isn't ethical.

One man's wine is another man's vinegar, if you don't like something then either move on or fight it from within, not create a new account here and whine about it, sounds like sour grapes.

this isnt about p2l solely....it's about this whole "bittorrent trackers unite", registered business, and new world order ideals she has

stoi
07-27-2008, 05:23 PM
well on that, i have not heard anything at all.

so either its a load of bull, or im not invited :( lol

Whoop
07-27-2008, 05:28 PM
"We reject every element of that thought. We embrace a better future. We believe the statutes change. We believe public perception changes. We are students of the law, of history and we are agents of change."

She is a blind idiot.

SgtMajor
07-27-2008, 05:29 PM
this isnt about p2l solely....it's about this whole "bittorrent trackers unite", registered business, and new world order ideals she has

Are you seriously telling me that the ideas & ideals that a person has, especially one as volatile as top sites all joining up as one with TPB et al, is a wrong ideal?

We can all have aspirations, I aspire to be a multi-millionaire, but I know in reality it will never happen.

Are you going to open up a thread at vortex now saying that SgtMajor guy from FST wants to be a millionaire, what a dick he is, let's all bash him?

stoi
07-27-2008, 05:31 PM
that p2p may not have ever put anyone in prison

I havnt read all that post, but i did notice this tidbit.

tell that to the owners of elitetorrents for the star wars leak.

tell that to the person that leaked the Hulk Work print.

just because it doesnt happen often, doesnt mean it doesnt happen.

I wish you luck in your business venture, but then a tracker shouldnt be about making a business or raking in the cash, it should be about sharing the files and making a community.

but your site, you can do with it as you please.

IdolEyes787
07-27-2008, 05:31 PM
It will collapse under the weight of it's own absurdity.
None of the better trackers will ever agree to co-operate anyway.
Delusional people are never a lasting threat.

And Sarg there's already a thread like that here.Do a search.

mrnobody
07-27-2008, 05:33 PM
This is not a debate. This is a direction and a path. You are welcome to walk it with us, or stop and wait and watch, or run and hide as far as you may need to run. We will not hold it against you in any path you choose.

Rachel Faith Anderson

/me runs and hides to deep darkest corner

editZ:

i read your "vision" over again, yet i found nothing convincing.

comparing it with slavery and women's revolution you were making it look like a big deal which it's not, not to me at least.

also, torrenting should be about sharing not p2l.

beside, if p2p were to be business what different is it from usenet?

P.S. p2p as a legal business WILL be an epic fail, it might even lead someone behind the bars, imo :whistling

integral
07-27-2008, 05:39 PM
Nice try, but capitalism on a large scale and copyright infringement don't mix. As stoi said, you aren't the first person with big eyes staring at your own Bittorrent tracker thinking "Hey, I don't need a job.. I'll make a living off this!" Trackers are about sharing, not profiting off of other people sharing. If you're looking for outrageous donations in the amount of $250, it's just greed and capitalism, pay to leech; I'd rather buy the software than participate in that.

Hey, why don't you take that money, hire a few software programmers, make some Mac programs, and put them on your tracker. You know, legal things?

Oh, and trust me, your non profit tax exempt designation will quickly be investigated, because surely if you continue to do this, you will get press. And I know you're thinking press = $$$, but you're wrong. If you host any torrents that aren't freeware software, companies (such as Apple) will challenge your non profit status. And by the way, donating $250 for 500gb? Apple's law team will be preschoolers, since you won't need lawyers to easily prove that you are committing donation solicitation. Your tax exempt status will be stripped, you'll be sued. End of story.

I usually don't get bothered by such topics, but this makes TL look good. Stick with sharing, stick with 1:1. Stop monetizing it.

mrnobody
07-27-2008, 05:45 PM
that p2p may not have ever put anyone in prison
I havnt read all that post, but i did notice this tidbit.

tell that to the owners of elitetorrents for the star wars leak.

tell that to the person that leaked the Hulk Work print.

just because it doesnt happen often, doesnt mean it doesnt happen.

plus the OiNK guy.

Hey, why don't you take that money, hire a few software programmers, make some Mac programs, and put them on your tracker. You know, legal things?

:glag:

BelleandSeb
07-27-2008, 05:46 PM
is Mrs Anderson (hah!) an actual person? Her speech had me in tears... Nah not really, but seriously how dramatic can you get? All sounds like a scam to me. The whole 'contributions' thing.

stoi
07-27-2008, 05:47 PM
well he isnt in prison is he, tbh i have no idea whats going on with that, all i know is hes out on bail and his trial keeps getting put back and back.

i have not heard anything about the trial being over and him being banged up, thats not to say he wont get banged up.

SgtMajor
07-27-2008, 05:51 PM
And Sarg there's already a thread like that here.Do a search.

That I want to be a millionaire, or that I'm a dick?

We can't please all the people all the time :whistling

mrnobody
07-27-2008, 05:52 PM
he was put in prison for like a day i think.

the trial has been pushed back for like ages.

check http://oink.cd/

atm it's set on July 28th and by tomorrow it prolly will be pushed away a month or so.

EvanUnisil
07-27-2008, 05:52 PM
Ha ha ha I don't know about anyone else, but that whole... post there that she did freaked me out.

Some people are born leaders, have that ability to lead. Others try to recreate, imitate this charisma. You are trying far too hard to imitate. It doesn't work. And wrong material to be using your 'inspirational' message on. You're trying to turn stealing into a legitimate business? Ha ha ha. Now that's priceless.

stoi
07-27-2008, 05:54 PM
well im prety sure that "prison" was just the local nick for questioning.

so it starts tomorrow then, will be interesting to see the outcome of it, it it ever starts.

Guest24
07-27-2008, 05:56 PM
Have you guys (admins) seriously made Vortex into a company?

No, as Rachel said "We are a legal and legitimate Tax Exempt Corporation", which in the US means that a legal entity was incorporated as a subchapter "S" corporation, a non-profit organization.
This was necessary to open a bank account, purchase equipment and report revenue to the taxing authorities. If anything, this makes things more difficult for some who would want the community shutdown. Perhaps Rachel can make this statement a bit clearer.
To maintain tax exempt status, there are very strict legal requirements, one of which is that the entity is not allowed to make a profit, but can raise money, do research and development, etc.

RachelFaith
07-27-2008, 05:57 PM
This is untrue and not even close to being sane. Here is the only fact that needs to be said and the rest will dissolve under the light of the true facts.

We have an upload credit for $10 and for $25

That's it.

$10 and $25.

What some who are BAD at math are getting confused about, is the fact that we ALSO have a reward if someone donates MONTHLY this same $10 and $25.

And because if someone DOES this.... 10 for 12 months... that is a total of $120. We have added an UPGRADE for those who donate regularly... but it is still just this same $10.

And we do the same for The $25. One is a Patron Class. The other is a Noble. Since we have the whole Roman Theme going.

Nothing more than the boring old VIP class of most site with a more expressive name.

So, if someone donates for a whole YEAR of $25... they get this class for Life.

And the Math on that is 25 x 12 thats $300.

But that is a TOTAL OF NORMAL small donations over a years time.

Most groups have regular donors... nothing unusual at all.

But... and here is where those who are BAD at Math have failed to understand....

Because we are brand new and have many urgent needs, we posted that anyone who could, could choose to make that one year donation ALL at one time.

And we gave them a discount. Not $120 but just $100 and not $300 but $250.

So some ignorant punk who is bad at math and doesnt know that you can get 12 donuts and one free all the time, has gone off and make a big deal out of nothing.

So, there. The records is clear. Donate $10 once or as many times as you like.

Its the same $10 no matter how or when it comes in.

I guess some people just have nothing better to do than blow stuff up and seek attention for themselves.

PAX !

mrnobody
07-27-2008, 06:02 PM
nobody here cares about math, our average age here is 13 and our average iq is ~ 69.

Anyway, what we do care is - IS THAT YOU ON THE PIC? :rolleyes:

BelleandSeb
07-27-2008, 06:04 PM
this was posted over at What, but I think everyone needs to see this.

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/6663/lolawesomepp4.png

Nail.Head.Hit.

Guest24
07-27-2008, 06:08 PM
Nothing more than the boring old VIP class of most site with a more expressive name.

Now the other end. The VIPs. We do not have this term either. Rejected is the idea that someone is more important or very important beyond anyone else. All members are part of the same body. Any opinion from any member is received with the same hope, optimism and credibility as is any other. Each will be weighed on the merits of the idea, not on some favored status. You are all Very Important People. Words have meaning, and we have chosen the theme and the words for the titles with that care in mind.

Rachel Faith Anderson

RachelFaith
07-27-2008, 06:11 PM
That post is written by an ignorant elitist who thinks he is better than and more righteous than others because he has never paid to leech. But he has. he pays for a better pipe. He just gives his money to his ISP and NOT to his community.

And the rest of the facts in his post are beyond ignorant and outright lies.

PS: Yes this is me and yes it's my pic.

LOL

lukee
07-27-2008, 06:16 PM

Nail.Head.Hit.

lol owned :P

integral
07-27-2008, 06:19 PM
This is going to be funny. I'm hoping this will be my humor in the upcoming weeks/months or however long this scheme hopes to last.

deadalive1
07-27-2008, 06:21 PM
He just gives his money to his ISP and NOT to his community.

So in other words he should give his money to you instead?

I am all for supporting ones community, but when it turns into a profit for the site owner then it has stopped being about the community.

And if none of us gave money to our ISP's we wouldn't have an internet connection (or at least a connection worth having), so that statement is ignorant on many levels.

Eargasm
07-27-2008, 06:22 PM
That post is written by an ignorant elitist who thinks he is better than and more righteous than others because he has never paid to leech. But he has. he pays for a better pipe. He just gives his money to his ISP and NOT to his community.

LOL

:naughty: Is this you?

http://img410.imageshack.us/img410/4030/rachelfaith44pd6.jpg

mrnobody
07-27-2008, 06:22 PM

Nail.Head.Hit.

LOL

quite frankly, i agree with that what.cd post like 100%

if i were a member of vortex, which thankfully i am not, chances are i would have said the same thing.

as for me, i never paid for p2p, nor for a pipe. All i pay for is ISP and if internet bandwidth could be torrented (like ebooks, docs, movies, appz etc) i would not pay for it either

P.S. reading your speech i thought u were a fat chick or worst yet a net girl with p****, my bad :rolleyes:

lukee
07-27-2008, 06:28 PM

LOL

You are going get owned soo fast. I recommend you leave and avoid your imminent demise. I cant wait until a your pic and personnal info appears in a scenenotice. :D I can just imagine it :) bitorent.bitch.selling.p2l.EXPOSED-SCENENOTiCE

xJohnxSmithx
07-27-2008, 06:29 PM
ah shit!
Too bad Brandon didn't get his way. :(
Being a machead, all this sucks to read. I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens.

xJohnxSmithx
07-27-2008, 06:29 PM
dupe

xJohnxSmithx
07-27-2008, 06:31 PM
dupe

xJohnxSmithx
07-27-2008, 06:31 PM
ah shit!
Too bad Brandon didn't get his way. :(
Being a machead, all this sucks to read. I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens.
cheers

asoto
07-27-2008, 06:32 PM
I like naughty hot chicks :naughty:

lukee
07-27-2008, 06:39 PM
Well shes hosting on an OVH sever, shes from Scottsdale, AZ. much more :) FFS, who keeps their FTP port to 21?

integral
07-27-2008, 06:49 PM
Oh, a legitimate business based in the US isn't hosted in the US? For shame.

RachelFaith
07-27-2008, 07:07 PM
OK... six pages and about 4 mature comments. I see where this thread is going... LOL

I now return you to your regularly scheduled posting... all ready in progress..

= )

mrnobody
07-27-2008, 07:13 PM
OK... six pages and about 4 mature comments. I see where this thread is going... LOL

= )

and those 4 "mature comments" are of yours right?
:rolleyes:

Eargasm
07-27-2008, 07:17 PM
In all seriousness, it would be best for RachelFaith to beef up security. Best of luck.

RachelFaith
07-27-2008, 07:18 PM
PS: I like your Gaius Baltar book avatar. +1

Duckater
07-27-2008, 07:19 PM

= )

Not one of them by you either :lol:
Oh and you got to be infamous already by the looks nice work on getting what you wanted :)

RachelFaith
07-27-2008, 07:19 PM
In all seriousness, it would be best for RachelFaith to beef up security. Best of luck.

Thanks. And we have had the best of the best on security. But truly appreciate the concern.

yevgeny
07-27-2008, 07:20 PM
you're cuter than i thought you were. :0

YQZ
07-27-2008, 07:25 PM

http://xkcd.com/322/

These ignorant posts have made the ideas posed by RachelFaith and others from vortexnetwork seem to be almost plausible. What they are doing directly contradicts how every torrent site each one of you loves so dearly does business - the community has to decide if they want this. The community will see where VN plans to go, and the community will decide it doesn't want that. Without members, any ideas they have are insignificant.

RachelFaith
07-27-2008, 07:27 PM

HAHAHAHA !

I use that in my profile on HDb and SDb.

= )

integral
07-27-2008, 07:29 PM

That is only applicable to real women, not men who are most likely under the guise of a woman to gain affection.

YQZ
07-27-2008, 07:33 PM

That is only applicable to real women, not men who are most likely under the guise of a woman to gain affection.
Really, dude? Why should it matter, respect her as you would respect anyone else. It's her ideas that are on the table, not her gender.

slimdogp
07-27-2008, 07:35 PM

= )

already

Not "all ready"

Pointing out grammar mistakes in lieu of actually participating in the conversation ftw!! :01:

YQZ
07-27-2008, 07:40 PM
2008-07-27 RachelFaith.Registers.VortexNetwork.org.As.Business.To.Make.Money.Off.Scene.Releases.DDOS.Immediatel

just got pre'd :/

integral
07-27-2008, 07:45 PM
2008-07-27 RachelFaith.Registers.VortexNetwork.org.As.Business.To.Make.Money.Off.Scene.Releases.DDOS.Immediatel

just got pre'd :/

Best scenenotice in a while.

lukee
07-27-2008, 08:03 PM
anybody have that scene notice? I wanna read it :)

@rachelfaith: now your fucked :P

Duckater
07-27-2008, 08:16 PM
/me thinks its a fake pre

YQZ
07-27-2008, 08:19 PM
*YQZ thinks Duckater is so cool because he types in orange

bblogs
07-27-2008, 08:24 PM
Well...there's only one thing I'm waiting for in this whole business. It's when Rachel gets taken down and we find out which of the following 'she' really is:

1. A hairy man.
2. A very hairy man.

RachelFaith
07-27-2008, 08:32 PM

These ignorant posts have made the ideas posed by RachelFaith and others from vortexnetwork seem to be almost plausible. What they are doing directly contradicts how every torrent site each one of you loves so dearly does business - the community has to decide if they want this. The community will see where VN plans to go, and the community will decide it doesn't want that. Without members, any ideas they have are insignificant.

That is a very intelligent post.

People are free to support small private sites. Large public sites. And all points in between. They are free to support sites that pay for VIP or who don't. They supports sites with free leech torrents or they don't.

It's the internet... and that means any fool can make a post and get other fools to think it is true.

integral
07-27-2008, 08:39 PM
It's the internet... and that means any fool can make a post and get other fools to think it is true.

Unfortunately, you prove this to be true. And I hope there aren't many of the other fools...

Guest24
07-27-2008, 08:47 PM

A discussion not a debate.

That is what I shall be doing. In a debate, sides present their case and then some other party gets to decide. In a discussion, both sides can present their case and then that is that. They are each understood. But there is not the presumption that persuasion will occur.

I know this “debate” has been around for longer than p2p. I know the roots run deep and no one post can persuade those whose minds are already made up. Thus, this is a discussion. Feel free to discuss for as long as you wish. Feel free to ‘debate’ if you wish. Know that I am not interested in debate.

With that being said, let me make the brief introduction and outline the points I hope to present. There are many issues, and not all of them are even related, so keeping this as a discussion not a debate, allows the latitude to include all the points being raised even if some are not germane.

The list of points:

P2L is bad, impure, and somehow against the spirit of something greater. It makes others (those who pay not seed) who are for this reason not as good as others (those who see seeding as the ultimate sign) equal.

Yeah, it does exactly that. It says, just because you seed and do not donate, you are not better than someone who donates and does not seed as much as you. If you are offended by the equality of the two different ways in which status can be obtained, that is your personal feeling. But a feeling is not a fact. Choose to act upon a feeling and not a fact, and you act irrationally. That is also a fact.

The fact is, we fully declare that there is no superiority between those who seed and those who donate. None. We are neutral, unbiased and blind to any such thought, rejecting totally and without repentance the notion that seeders are “better” than “donors”.

That this is a point of contention for those who would like to think they are better than someone else – because their way is pure – is a very old elitist mentality which we fully intend to eradicate. In short such thinking is beyond bullshit, and the mark of juvenile thinking and weak egos who cannot bear the thought that they are not superior to someone else.

Rachel Faith Anderson

vastepic
07-27-2008, 08:51 PM
People are free to support small private sites. Large public sites. And all points in between. They are free to support sites that pay for VIP or who don't. They supports sites with free leech torrents or they don't.

The problem is you bait-and-switched people into thinking you were creating a Brokenstones replacement. A wonderful haven for people who were left in the dust after BS went down. A new small mac tracker running on a fantastic codebase.

But instead, but INSTEAD, you decided to shit all over it with your completely pompous and arrogant ideas --- and let me ask you -- what are you standing on? You're standing on NOTHING. If the PirateBay did this, if What.CD started talking about new ideas for bittorrent and making change and creating a giant front for bittorrent ... it would be different. They have established themselves. They know what they're doing and they've proven it.

But you're the idiot who can't figure out how to change her root password. http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=5064391

Your staff is starting a mutiny against you and you don't even know it. You put lofty quotes in the face of everyone who criticizes you while you are being mocked and derided.

The sooner you are off the internet, the better we will all be.

Rachel Faith Anderson, you are the official captain of the failboat. Congratulations.

EvanUnisil
07-27-2008, 08:52 PM
What's creeping me out even more now is how much her quotes, as shown by Guest24, are so cult-like. (referring back to the original 'message' post of hers)

And the whole "everyone is equal, there are no 'Very Important People'" line... if anyone actually took offense to the fact that someone who pays on a tracker is called a "VIP" then they are sad, sad human beings indeed.

The Religion of Rachel Faith. No Seeders or Leechers. Only People. Join now for P2P enlightenment.

EDIT: You're absolutely right. They're finding contradictions. It's just her posts that are "we love the leader".

respawn40
07-27-2008, 08:54 PM
What's creeping me out even more now is this Guest24 who is seemingly part of this Rachel Faith cult. Coming up with one of her quotes to answer every comment is very cult-like.

And the whole "everyone is equal, there are no 'Very Important People'" line... if anyone actually took offense to the fact that someone who pays on a tracker is called a "VIP" then they are sad, sad human beings indeed.

The Religion of Rachel Faith. No Seeders or Leechers. Only People. Join now for P2P enlightenment.

I thought Guest24 was finding contradictions in Rachel's statements; guess I wasn't paying attention :P

YQZ
07-27-2008, 09:16 PM
What's creeping me out even more now is how much her quotes, as shown by Guest24, are so cult-like. (referring back to the original 'message' post of hers)

EDIT: You're absolutely right. They're finding contradictions. It's just her posts that are "we love the leader".
NANANANANA LEADER!

She's a republican, that's what they do, manipulate weak minded people into joining their cause (and make money while doing it). That is what users who use this site in the end will be, weak minded, manipulated users. Other sites will emerge, that is the beauty of the bittorrent community - and I urge users to put "taking down the site" into their own hands, by moving to another choice, not by calling on a stupid DDoS that in the end won't do much. Without users, a bittorent site is nothing.

lukee
07-27-2008, 09:23 PM

NANANANANA LEADER!

She's a republican, that's what they do, manipulate weak minded people into joining their cause (and make money while doing it). That is what users who use this site in the end will be, weak minded, manipulated users. Other sites will emerge, that is the beauty of the bittorrent community - and I urge users to put "taking down the site" into their own hands, by moving to another choice, not by calling on a stupid DDoS that in the end won't do much. Without users, a bittorent site is nothing.

With a site that's down, there are no users :rolleyes:

EvanUnisil
07-27-2008, 09:30 PM
That's it, she reminds of Pol Pot. Or any communist leader who claims to be 'for the people'.

In theory communism works. In theory!

Guest24
07-27-2008, 09:33 PM
I thought Guest24 was finding contradictions in Rachel's statements; guess I wasn't paying attention :P

:thumbsup:

This thread is for discussion the topics raised in the previous thread which has been closed.

This is a discussion, not a debate. Posts here will not have any effect on the direction or plans of our future.

Rachel Faith Anderson

respawn40
07-27-2008, 09:41 PM

NANANANANA LEADER!

WTF does being Republican have to do with a bittorrent site? It'd be best to not mention politics at all.

Guest24
07-27-2008, 09:46 PM

I use 10.5.4 on my MBP and my iMac 24. I use XP Pro SP2 on all my VMs and my 3 Acers. I use ubuntu on my 3 seedboxes and on this site..

RachelFaith

:lol:

YQZ
07-27-2008, 09:55 PM
NANANANANA LEADER!

WTF does being Republican have to do with a bittorrent site? It'd be best to not mention politics at all.
Um, no? It has everything to do with it, when they try some crazy scheme only one would attempt. Is neocon less offensive to some non-crazy republicans? Anyone who wants to model themselves after Ann Coulter has a problem, and I'd rather not leave that out.

deadalive1
07-27-2008, 10:01 PM
I use 10.5.4 on my MBP and my iMac 24. I use XP Pro SP2 on all my VMs and my 3 Acers. I use ubuntu on my 3 seedboxes and on this site..

RachelFaith
lmao pwned!

c0njur
07-27-2008, 10:02 PM
Um, no? It has everything to do with it, when they try some crazy scheme only one would attempt. Is neocon less offensive to some non-crazy republicans? Anyone who wants to model themselves after Ann Coulter has a problem, and I'd rather not leave that out.

Is that what republicans do down in australia? :wacko:

YQZ
07-27-2008, 10:08 PM

Is that what republicans do down in australia? :wacko:
I'm from America, I wasn't aware any users were retarded enough to actually use their own country on FST. Maybe American users on FST aren't intelligent enough to escape the propaganda posed by both VN, and the "fair and balanced" media.

I will leave politics aside for now, although, I think they play a role in this whole scheme.

Not many torrent sites in the past have had neo-con sysops, and what do you know, they come up with this bullshit.

BelleandSeb
07-27-2008, 10:44 PM
yeah this really is embarassing now. The pyramid scheme has been exposed!

Nemrod
07-27-2008, 11:03 PM
Crap!
And I thought that nobody could smoke a spring roll...

TP635
07-27-2008, 11:05 PM
Rachel Faith Anderson and (+.[___]·:·) both use the same last name. Any link?

silvertec
07-27-2008, 11:09 PM
She is a known hacker so what you say wouldn't surprise me, by memory thats how she got some members on the new site by hacking a data base
She has come on to certain sites and pm's users to sign up at her site thus the banning at those sites once she is caught.
I wouldn't join any of the sites she would run she is a person you wouldn't trust so stay clear of her.

YQZ
07-27-2008, 11:18 PM
Rachel Faith Anderson and (+.[___]·:·) both us the same last name. Any link?
I highly doubt that.

She is a known hacker so what you say wouldn't surprise me, by memory thats how she got some members on the new site by hacking a data base
She has come on to certain sites and pm's users to sign up at her site thus the banning at those sites once she is caught.
I wouldn't join any of the sites she would run she is a person you wouldn't trust so stay clear of her.
RachelFaith + Hacker? lol.

IdolEyes787
07-27-2008, 11:23 PM

Those are pretty serious allegations.I hope to hear from someone whose experience I respect to speak to those.

Duckater
07-27-2008, 11:38 PM
I do wish people making posts of things they say like known hacker would provide proof as I am sure if some one said it about them they would at least expect them to provide info about how they know these facts.
To me no proof or further info just looks like some one jumping on the band wagon to flame people with no real thought there is an actual person they are typing about who will read what they posted.
Some will find posts about them funny, but others will be annoyed and upset.

Please people when posting about people just think how you would feel if things said where about you and they did not provide grounds of what has been put

TP635
07-27-2008, 11:45 PM
My post was an inquiry, not an accusation. I have zero faith in both of them; assuming they are different person.

dunson
07-28-2008, 12:57 AM
I feel threatened.

Lame, long thread, I think I'll wait for the movie.

silentstorm
07-28-2008, 04:51 AM

RachelFaith + Hacker? lol.

Those are pretty serious allegations.I hope to hear from someone whose experience I respect to speak to those.

I take it silvertec is talking about the invitations sent to former brokenstones members to join vortexnetwork. she didn't hack them in any way (like she even has the skill to figure out how to even begin), but i wish she never got the db anyway. Maybe vortexnetwork got more signups than most sites have in their first month of existence, but that doesn't mean sh*t when you got a lot of members to sign up just because a site that they used to frequent was taken down and you sent an email saying that it's a new community with old friends so they should join in.

Annnd I just signed up on this forum partly because I forgot my old account details but mostly because the idea of calling her a hacker insults actual hackers. Can't even change her root password but calling her a hacker is pretty outrageous.

I really miss brokenstones.

djkamikaze
07-28-2008, 05:06 AM
I know this guy. He has a plan. he wants to conquer the earth. he's going to start by uniting all oil companies into one single legal entity. he's going to register as a legal business, but that's just a cover for his operation. he really wants to get rich quick. someone who he doesn't like is going to spread rumors about him, and when asked for evidence, he'll say "it's all 100$% true".... well hell, that's good enough for me!

original poster sounds a whiner with an axe to grind. As for this mac site, use it or don't who gives a fuck?

only hippies and communists use macs anyway. go get in your hybrid, go to your pro-hemp rally, then take your macbook with the cool skins glued on the cover to starbucks and overpay for a crappy cup of coffee and talk with other losers about how superior you are to everyone else.

Eargasm
07-28-2008, 05:13 AM
I think she's a military girl.
http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/7959/rfamsob8.jpg

There is no doubt that she's huge into sci-fi and likes to hack the mac. Actually, the more I snoop, the more likable she becomes.

wankady
07-28-2008, 05:19 AM
Wow. Her letter was scary. I joined VN following Brokenstones but I think I might have to ask to get my account deleted. Damn, had some good content too.

kooftspc11
07-28-2008, 05:44 AM
i dont quite understand how people have the balls to ask for DONATIONS if they dont funnel ALL of the money back into the tracker. if you live in the united states (maybe other countries too but im not sure) its is fucking ILLEGAL to accept donations without using them to improve your cause....not to mention the taxman will be knocking at your door if you show a profit for long enough that hasnt been used toward the cause (or site in this case)

she can always set herself up as a nonprofit organization and then give herself a salary as an employee but even then she has to pay taxes on it.

benjamin franklin said it best "there are two things you can be sure of in life...death and taxes"

IRS gets on her ass and she is going to jail....and they will catch up with her, count on it.

:)

bblogs
07-28-2008, 05:59 AM
I'm from America, I wasn't aware any users were retarded enough to actually use their own country on FST.

What do you actually think the RIAA scan FST boards, looking for the 'retard' who used their real country? :frusty:

*Law enforcements see bblogs' flag and pack their bags

Juanto
07-28-2008, 08:26 PM
lolwut? humpty bumpty.

1080p
07-28-2008, 09:04 PM
i signup and i see this

merely allegations for the most part, i got a good laugh out of it i have to admit

so much bit torrent drama going on these days

silentstorm
07-28-2008, 09:12 PM
she can always set herself up as a nonprofit organization and then give herself a salary as an employee but even then she has to pay taxes on it.
at some point she claimed to be a 501c...3 or 4, she can't make up her mind. the IRS mandates that the exemption application and other relevant materials be available to the public, and if the organization fails to comply they will be fined $20/day (it's also unlimited days).

well, you can always go ask her for said forms, but don't hold your breath. (the IRS also has forms and addresses you can go file related to this..).

Oh yeah, I forgot this too, if you thought my statement was fairly outrageous: http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/p-threat-bittorrent-post2910115/postcount20

We are a legal and legitimate Tax Exempt Corporation. Any other site taking money of any kind for any reasons and not filing with the authorities needs to face the facts that p2p may not have ever put anyone in prison, but tax evasion has done so to the best of mice and men.

kooftspc11
07-28-2008, 09:28 PM
at some point she claimed to be a 501c...3 or 4, she can't make up her mind. the IRS mandates that the exemption application and other relevant materials be available to the public, and if the organization fails to comply they will be fined $20/day (it's also unlimited days).

well, you can always go ask her for said forms, but don't hold your breath. (the IRS also has forms and addresses you can go file related to this..).

Oh yeah, I forgot this too, if you thought my statement was fairly outrageous: http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/p-threat-bittorrent-post2910115/postcount20

We are a legal and legitimate Tax Exempt Corporation. Any other site taking money of any kind for any reasons and not filing with the authorities needs to face the facts that p2p may not have ever put anyone in prison, but tax evasion has done so to the best of mice and men.

lol im not looking to turn her in. it's simply a concept that has baffled me over the last couple years. i think that most sites an geniune about donations and i honestly do believe that most donations go towards covering costs.

her cause, however, seems to be motivated strictly by turning a profit.

in the beginning people are motivated by the passion to change a pre-existing condition...but over time the introduction of profiteers is inevitable :(

she talks a good deal but in all of that i didnt find anything really worth reading. lol she probably thinks that she is the smartest thing to ever happen to this community too :blink:

delimare
07-28-2008, 09:29 PM
This thread reminds me of an email I received today. I would like to share it with you all. It reads:

armful innate intimidate

magnanimity conundrum blomberg? armful, innate omen.
motorcycle omen toast magnanimity omen scuba, bag geminate enliven magnanimity sw mulatto.

deprivation concoct.

After reading it, the left side of my brain went numb and I had sudden urges for protein shakes and the quick desire to breed. Funny enough, these are the same symptoms I get when I read through this worthless thread. Quit thinking with your dicks, boys. Step outside sometime and you’ll see that the world is filled with women. Some of them may even take a liking to you, but I wouldn’t bank on it.

punki_rach
07-28-2008, 10:12 PM
There's a lot of people who've just signed up posting in this thread. Funny that

Juanto
07-28-2008, 11:43 PM
There's a lot of people who've just signed up posting in this thread. Funny that
That's because rachelfaith fucked herself and 12,000 members over.

niggytardust
07-29-2008, 02:50 AM
Maximum Lulz : http://forum.parallels.com/member.php?u=6602

R A C H E L . F A I T H . A N D E R S O N
Law Student "The Next Ann Coulter"
24" iMac: 2.33ghz ~ 3GB ~ 750HD
XP Pro, PC-BSD & OpenSuSE
Emulating 9.2.2, 8.6, 8.1, 7.5.5, iie

If this is what google turns up, I don't even know what to say. I guess someone was right about her "Republican Ideals".

Possible facebook: http://www.facebook.com/people/Rachel_Faith_Anderson/1244277058

This is a threat to bittorrent. We all get away with it because only a very small percentage of the population is smart enough to be on private trackers. Registering a torrent site as a corporation. Can someone do what they did to Ersan to her please?

respawn40
07-29-2008, 02:53 AM
Yeah, I found that on Google yesterday. That's kind of funny, a law student breaking the law, and helping others to do so =/

And wouldn't a Democrat be more likely to do something radical like what Rachel wants to do? Afterall, most Democrats are liberal, and most republicans are conservative >.> I would think a conservative person would not want to change much of anything, really.

sear
07-29-2008, 04:31 AM
/me can't believe he missed this thread...

nobody here cares about math, our average age here is 13 and our average iq is ~ 69.

Anyway, what we do care is - IS THAT YOU ON THE PIC? :rolleyes:

thanks for the lolz mate.

bobby
07-29-2008, 04:43 AM
To settle all of your debates if she's a republican or not :)
http://johnmccainforum.com/forum/member.php?u=39

But DONT let this lead you to believe she is a republican, read her posts teehee..

http://johnmccainforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49

integral
07-29-2008, 04:56 AM
This is boring posting to the same 5 guys...

We have 30 lurkers...

POST YOU PHAGS !!!

Sigh. I was interested in this tracker too. But I can't be associated with anyone like that in any way.

respawn40
07-29-2008, 05:01 AM

But DONT let this lead you to believe she is a republican, read her posts teehee..

Yes, her posts do indicate that she is very, very far to the right...

I am so far to the right...

But anyways, political stance has little to do with running a tracker. So let's not talk about that anymore :)

Eargasm
07-29-2008, 05:18 AM

This is pretty common of a lot of Repubs. It was not long ago that McCain was a moderate Independent - however, his thirst for power caused him to flip flop on every issue he ever believed in. He really is Darth Vader and has been molded to his dark ways by the Emperor (Karl Rove).

Nemrod
07-29-2008, 05:47 AM
Nice, now this bizarre thing goes to politics. :clap:

Any way to go to sex?

Mr.sharer
07-29-2008, 05:49 AM
tits or gtfo

xnugx
07-29-2008, 08:07 AM
I'm kinda freaked, I don't want to be a part of that junk if it implodes, especially criminally...

Why does a tracker need to be a registered business? Why P2L? Truly conservative values (which she is supposed to support) are totally against P2P, though I am a bit of one too ;D Still.. Just really fishy overall.

deadalive1
07-29-2008, 08:27 AM
Sigh. I was interested in this tracker too. But I can't be associated with anyone like that in any way.
I feel the same way, I signed up with them when they first opened up and now I have to distance myself far away from that clusterf*&k of a mess over there. But such is life.

biteblue
07-30-2008, 02:08 PM
I feel the same way, I signed up with them when they first opened up and now I have to distance myself far away from that clusterf*&k of a mess over there. But such is life.

Scaredy-cat! The world is getting so paranoid. :mellow:

Eargasm
07-30-2008, 02:54 PM

Next you're going to say we don't need guns.

deadalive1
07-30-2008, 04:40 PM

Lol Biteblue, How are you bro? Good to see you.

biteblue
07-30-2008, 05:41 PM

Lol Biteblue, How are you bro? Good to see you.

LOL :lol:! It's good seeing you!

You have to agree this whole thing with "The Eye of the Storm" is just unfounded paranoia. I think you have no more chance getting caught using that tracker than you do using any other. OK so Rachel is psycho but no need to sh** yourself.

deadalive1
07-30-2008, 06:17 PM
Well, I chose to delete my account, regardless of whether it is unfounded or not, people from other trackers (staff-wise) are distancing themselves away from this psycho as well.

I don't agree with her philosophy, so on that reason alone I did what I did. I'm not going to stay somewhere where I have philosophical differences with the ideals of some wannabe trendsetter (who thinks she's the next Ann Coulter). That would be hypocritical and not who I am.

biteblue
07-30-2008, 06:46 PM
Unfortunately at the moment I don't really have much choice due to the severe lack of Mac orientated trackers.

:(

integral
07-30-2008, 06:53 PM
Unfortunately at the moment I don't really have much choice due to the severe lack of Mac orientated trackers.

This brings up a good point and a moral question for many people; would you be willing to continue to use the tracker, aware of what the owner is attempting to do?

deadalive1
07-30-2008, 06:56 PM

I'm sure someone (maybe an established site owner...hint hint :lol::whistling) will start a Mac orientated tracker. The need is great, especially now since this whacko's site seems to be the only alternative.

mamacita
07-30-2008, 07:54 PM
I'd pitch in any help I could provide for such a tracker.

respawn40
07-30-2008, 10:53 PM
This was posted on Vortex's front page 15 minutes ago, if anyone is interested...

History, they say, is written by the victors. Such is the ironic case for a new forum not yet a month old and already all over the torrent community in news. Well, if all press is good press, then we are to be richly favored.

Where does one begin after such an interesting few days? I suppose I should begin at the beginning. Three weeks ago, you were greeted with these simple words: We intend to be different. Very different.

There is another saying, and that is: “Truer words have never been spoken.”

But I said more than this, and those words bear repeating for they are germane to all that which follows:

=======================

But, I have noticed something very different about trackers. Something exclusive, as club for the few and their friends. Or places so filled with secrets that they barely notice their members. And there were many trackers did not welcome me at all. They did not want some outsider to offer up any ideas. Some warmed up to me, in time, others became directly hostile. Yet on them all, from the most experienced to the least, I have met great people, just like anywhere else, with the same desire and vision. A place where such attitudes of indifference or superiority did not exist.

That is my goal. My purpose here. A community where the newest person is treated with respect, kindness and is brought from ignorance into knowledge. Where the oldest stalwart is not forgotten nor taken advantage of. Where you are able to share, make friends and enjoy yourself within a community which values your unique person and abilities.

This is what I hope that you will not only find here, but also become an active part in helping us to achieve. The Golden Rule applies here to all things. I do not forget that I was once not very long ago on the outside looking in and I will never forget it.

========================

I have not forgotten. While I wished I could have posted everything that has happened as it was happening and while I wished I could have spoken to each and every one of you, I am but one, and such was just not the case.

So let me just take them one at a time:

We have had some staff changes and resignations. We are filling those roles and moving forward. Why? What happened? Those are the questions and while there may be many answers and many points of view, I will share only mine and let anyone else have their say in the Towne Cryer.

We are the newest Mac/Apple tracker. But we are not BrokenStones, nor did we even intend to be. Henry himself even said that he did not wish to see a clone or a BS2. And such was never our goal.

But there was existing, trained, competent staff from BS looking for a new home and so we tried to make it fit and tried to make it work. But from the very beginning, I could tell that it would not. The end was not unexpected, though it was untimely and unplanned. And this is the sadness I share with many. It is a loss and it came at a terrible time. Such is the nature of life.

I speak no ill will to any of those folks as they go their ways. None have served with anything but the finest even until they could serve no more in their own comfort. Go in peace my friends. But it is not without comfort to know that not all have taken this path, several remain and to them and for them I express my gratitude.

But, what is it that begat discomfort? It is the elitist mentality. It does not die easy. And the first signs of it came long before they were evident to the general consciousness. It began with the invites. I gave everyone 25 and said you could use them for 2 weeks. But within a week, voices in the staff urged me to end them and close them and set you all to 1.

Not wishing a war in the 8th day, I conceded. I could regret it, but it is best to acknowledge the past and then leave it in the past, only learning from the error. To that end, we then set up and invite room. Again, this was not my idea and I felt it flew in the face of the culture I sought to create. So I demoted some people from it, and promoted others and trained them to be as open and gentle as I could.

My goal was, that if I could not persuade the staff to be more open with the invites, I would at least give new folks a much easier pass than any other site with the same practice. A compromise to be sure, but it was better than a confrontation.

This same appeasement was also going on behind my back and I was unawares until the day of the end. My compromises were not seen as such, but as that I always had to have my way and that I was closed minded to any other. Harsh to hear. Hurtful to read. Unbelievable when I had compromised so much.

It was a cultural divide that I was unable to reconcile. It is a culture that I seek to destroy, not fix, not ever again with to compromise. When I say the little guy is just as good as anyone else, by God I mean it and will back it with force.

So that leads us to the next issue: The pejorative lie known as “pay to leech.” I do not want to ever hear that saying again. It is elitist, snobbish, and insulting. We all pay to leech. We pay with our time, we pay with our edits, we pay with our uploads, we pay with our forum posts, we pay with our helping of others, we pay and we pay and everyone pays what they are able and willing. And that goes for folks who may someday make a donation of a monetary nature.

For the love of money is the root of every evil. And the evils which have pressed against the doors, were of this very spirit.

So let me set the record completely straight:

How does a website work? Well, someone has to buy the name, set up on a server, and then keep it running. That costs money. So far, yours truly has footed the bills. And while they are not cheap, they are not overwhelming. We could go on as a site of 12,000 users and I could pretty much afford it all myself, and nothing would change.

But, then, I am just not willing to do that. I am not willing to pay for it for my own little kingdom and the glory and the pain, just because. No, I am not. I am only willing to do it, if I am able to make this something much more. Nothing short of the largest, most incredible, cohesive and incredible Mac/Apple community the web has ever seen.

I am not kidding. I look at the great people here and I know we can do it. We can do it better than all the other sites. Better news, better blogs, better hackers, better trackers, better chat, better forums. We can all come together and build it, because, where I sit here, at the top, I will empower you to succeed. You have seen it. We change forums for Fora, we add classes, we want to change, we want to grow. We want to listen and we want to act.

But, there are limits. We will not listen to elitism. We will not act on malice. For several days, we had some former members who took advantage of that open spirit of kindness and of tolerance. That is the price of liberty, you sometimes have to allow the bad to extinguish itself. And I am sorry for those who had to see it all and wonder about the silence. I hope, that while it may have been difficult, you will have seen that I do not crush those who disagree. I let them speak, even if rudely and I send them on their way if they remain unpersuaded.

So, the issue of donations. Three parts to it actually. Which is why some are no doubt confused. I am under no delusion that I can fully explain it to all parties in such a brief span, so I will only hit the basics and ask that it suffice.

First, we will, one day, sooner than later, ask for donations. But these donations we hope will do far more than just pay the basic costs of a server for a small community. We hope they will allow us to grow exponentially and aggressively. We hope they will allow us to recode the entire structure of the site and the tracker and all the additions I have discussed. We hope that you will give generously and help to build something which will shine across the entire realm of not only the Mac/Apple world, but the net itself.

We are still discussing the mechanics of what to do for rewards of donors. And by that I mean more than a star by your name or a title. Because the goal is to encourage activity across the site and the development of the community. And to that end, we intend to use every idea which works. Upload credits. Bonus points. Members trading points. Invites. Bounties. A real and detailed ratio/points economy. And there is no limit to it. Many ideas are out there and I encourage you to think of more. The issue is far bigger than just I donated 10 bucks and got some credit. We want those credits to do more than just a simple ratio boost.

I regret that the issue is so controversial in some circles, but I must be candid and direct. If you do not support an ratio or credit economy… If you cling to the theory than only seeding matters and anything else is somehow a sacrilegious offense: Go now. Leave. Sign out and I mean it, go. That is elitism and there is no more of it. But do it with dignity. Do not make a point or flame out in glory. Just go in peace.

And that settles 1 of the 3. The next issue isn’t as big of a deal, but because of the first, it has raised more questions that answers. So here we go.

How much money does a tracker raise and what happens with it all?

Heck, three weeks ago, I didn’t know. Not a clue. I figured it made some to help with the costs and that was it. Never crossed my mind. It was not until I began to have discussions with people who run other never to be named trackers, that I saw the real picture. And I was scared to death!

I am not scared to run a tracker. I am frightened beyond words to cheat on taxes, taking money and not accounting for it. The RIAA and MPAA and other such jerks, do not have any leg to stand on when it comes to trackers. They only threaten and harass people. The IRS and whatever they are called in other nations? Those dudes play for real. They take your house and they put you in prison.

So, the real question is, how do you ask for money and not get into trouble? There are only two ways. Someone reports it, somehow, somewhere, or no one reports it at all.

I was encouraged – and I should use a word much more aggressive – to go the “hide it and here is how” route. I thought about it, and realized. I can’t do it that way. I just can’t play that game. It is not illegal to run a site utilizing peer to peer technology. To hide, launder, or evade taxation is a serious, outright, big no no.

I will not do that. So the only option is then for someone to report it all. If it is $500 or $5,000. Someone has to report it and that someone is liable. Well, in the USA, we have that someone: It’s called the non profit act. A corporation is a person. A corporation can do all the things a person can do. And a corporation assumes all the liability for anything it does. So, the answer is simple. File one, and let it raise money, pay bills and then you just do the people things on the community.

So that is the plan. When we take donations, sooner than later. You will not give to me or any staff but to a third party independent non profit corporation that is fully legal and legit. And since we won’t come close to raising the kind of money which will require any sort of filing, except a total in and a total out, your names will never be made public and if in court it ever came out, you have donated to an independent group not a tracker.

If you donate to any other tracker, and they get busted for evading taxes? Your donation is pretty much directly tied to your tracker activities. Not so with us. We will have the community and the tracker and the corporation 3 different and 3 separate entities, related only by a bunch of hash numbers that magically float across the unlogged electroverse.

This is 100 times more anonymous and more legal and thus safer for our members than sending your donation to some other site who will not tell you how much, from whom or to whom if you asked. Go ahead and ask. See what answer you get from them. Once we have the system up, the corporation, not any individual, will pay for the needs and growth of the community.

So, really, how much are we talking about? I have no idea yet. We have 12,000 members. If 5% give one time and the smallest amount, we would have $6,000.00. That is enough to buy one good server, hosting for a year in a very secure location, never grow, and be just a small community with 9,000 seeders and few leechers. I hope we do better than this. I hope we can afford 2 servers or 3. I hope we can have 100MB or 1GB and not 10MB for our bandwidth.

But it is really up to you. It is up to the members, to decide if they want to fund such a vision and such growth and to build the community that no one has yet to build. I do not really know what will happen. But I have come this far though this very dark night. I am here to see the dawn. I hope you are as well.

And the last part is? Why the fuss? I would really like to tell you I know why. But I have only my wild half informed facts and my gut instincts. But I think it is FUD.

Fear, uncertainty and doubt. It is easier to destroy what you fear and do not understand than it is to create it. And I would like to give the benefit of the doubt to those who ran in fear, posted in uncertainty and screamed of their doubt. What else can I do? What else is there but grace? I know my own heart and it was hurt and angry and betrayed by all those who I thought could see the simplest of truths. But, then, we are all so human. So, I cannot go there. I cannot give in. And can do nothing but stand and speak the truth and let the past fall upon it self and then let the dead bury their dead, and speak of it no more.

For the future, we have many more announcements soon. And I know that one post cannot cover it all. This is a promise fulfilled, a post which could not wait another day.

Some things which you may notice and of which I will say more when the time is right: We will soon have a new skin! We are on a new chat server. We have new ranks, new classes and new staff. All these and more will be announced throughout the week.

We are headed to the future. And I cannot promise the ride will always be smooth, but I didn't name this “the eye of the storm” in vain. And the tempest which whirls about us is in constant motion. We can find the peace within, if we build it. And if we build it, they will come: The new and yes, even some of the old. And we will welcome them home, with love, forgiveness and grace.

PAX

Rachel Faith

deadalive1
07-30-2008, 11:04 PM
Oh man more self-serving BS.

respawn40
07-30-2008, 11:07 PM
Meh, I think she did a good job explaining herself. It would have been better though if she had just written something simple, instead of all this flowery poetic stuff.

mrnobody
07-30-2008, 11:41 PM
i would pay her 5 dollar to write my paper, i swear.........NOT.

kooftspc11
07-30-2008, 11:43 PM

this suit is black-not

The Flying Cow
07-30-2008, 11:45 PM

Sucky sucky 5 dolla.

Maybe not even for that.

She certainly sounds like a fat moose.

-Sherman :snooty:

rtw
07-30-2008, 11:51 PM
..... RachelFaith, has a giant master plan to unite all bittorrent trackers as a legal business... she has pay2leech ....

STOP !!

fsephie
07-30-2008, 11:59 PM
http://pastebin.com/m1d1e11b

mrnobody
07-31-2008, 12:03 AM
http://pastebin.com/m1d1e11b

:naughty:

editZ: what tracker has that release btw? :whistling

omarscoming
07-31-2008, 12:06 AM
I am not going anywhere near that site,
mainly becuase her posts are so freaking long i fall alseep, and i am afraid i wont be able to find anything on the site thru the BS

fsephie
07-31-2008, 12:36 AM
EDIT: http://rapidshare.de/files/40121289/RachelFaith.If.This.Isnt.Ownage.I.Dont.Know.What.Is.READ.NFO-ViCADiN.zip.html

respawn40
07-31-2008, 12:41 AM
:d

silvertec
07-31-2008, 01:43 AM
Controversy as Rookie Admin Aspires to BitTorrent Domination

http://torrentfreak.com/controversy-as-rookie-admin-aspires-to-bittorrent-domination-080730/

Now I'm feeling sorry for her

xnugx
07-31-2008, 02:31 AM
omg... this just popped up on the VN forums

[02:38] <RachelFaith> My theory isnt communism tho... it is good old fashion capitalism

[10:19] <WhatMan> So, again - how many members do you want to have in a year's time?
[10:20] <Tigernetic> Do you really want to know?
[10:20] <WhatMan> Yeah.
[10:20] <Tigernetic> Over a quarter million.

[22:23] <WhatMan> You're in this to make a profit. You told me that weeks ago, and it is clear to everyone with half a brain that that's what you're here for.

[22:13] <Tigernetic|ootnaboot> I know some of your config files have some anti-DDOS measures in place... any suggestions otherwise?
[22:13] <WhatMan> A piece of software called DDoS deflate, but you have worse things to worry about.
[22:13] <Tigernetic|ootnaboot> What's that?
[22:13] <WhatMan> The scene seems to have ignored the pre, so that's cool. But the staff is considering a mutiny.
[22:14] <Tigernetic|ootnaboot> What I don't understand is where the rub comes from -- this is no different than any other tracker using a pay to leech system.
[22:15] <WhatMan> No, it isn't. Frankly, no one likes the grand plan you guys have.
[22:15] <Tigernetic|ootnaboot> Who is "the staff" ?
[22:15] <Tigernetic|ootnaboot> The only people giving me trouble to be honest, are a select few from your site who blew this out of proportion.
[22:16] <WhatMan> Then you obviously don't communicate very well with your staff, because I'm speaking to people that I've never spoken to before, and they're being very honest with me.
[22:17] <WhatMan> When I first spoke to you, you seemed like a very reasonable person. What happened?
[22:17] <Tigernetic|ootnaboot> So what do you think stops it?
[22:17] <WhatMan> Heh
[22:17] <Tigernetic|ootnaboot> Can you talk on the phone?
[22:17] <WhatMan> No.
[22:17] <WhatMan> At this point, it comes down to what you're in here for.
[22:17] <Tigernetic|ootnaboot> Skype video?
[22:17] <Tigernetic|ootnaboot> okay.
[22:18] <WhatMan> Do you want a mac tracker, or do you want to rule the bittorrent world?
[22:18] <Tigernetic|ootnaboot> I'm here to make the largest Mac community I can. Because all the rest suck.
[22:18] <WhatMan> If it's the former, kick Rachel out and get your head out of the clouds. If it's the latter, you're going to have to do it without your current staff.
[22:18] <Tigernetic|ootnaboot> I could give a flying fuck about the BitTorrent world.
[22:18] <Tigernetic|ootnaboot> Honestly speaking.
[22:18] <WhatMan> Unfortunately for you, your entire staff and userbase does.
[22:19] <Tigernetic|ootnaboot> For the short term that's fine.
[22:19] <Tigernetic|ootnaboot> As for Rachel, I can tell her to shut up but I can't kick her out.
[22:20] <WhatMan> Did you see the massive empornium->cheggit exodus 2 years ago?
[22:20] <Tigernetic|ootnaboot> Negative
[22:21] <WhatMan> Empornium got bought out by a for-profit company. The entire staff quit, and took a huge portion of the userbase with them.
[22:21] <Tigernetic|ootnaboot> Same thing happened to InsanelyMac.
[22:22] <WhatMan> This is going to happen here. Imminently.
[22:22] <WhatMan> Except it will be much worse, because no one is attached to vortex yet.
[22:22] <Tigernetic|ootnaboot> I don't know what we can fix, since this whole thing is based on a lie.
[22:23] <Tigernetic|ootnaboot> Not take donations?
[22:23] <WhatMan> This whole thing is based off your grand plan to rule the fucking world.
[22:23] <WhatMan> Which Rachel has told me about, in detail, on several occaisions.
[22:24] <Tigernetic|ootnaboot> Do you want me to lie and say as long as we hide nobody will come for us?
[22:25] <WhatMan> I want you to get your head out of your ass and realize that there is no way you can change public perception in the time frame you have, and that your fucking staff is performing a mutiny as we speak.
[22:25] <Tigernetic|ootnaboot> Alright, you win.
[22:26] <Tigernetic|ootnaboot> Now how do I convince anyone else that I'm not lying?
[22:26] <WhatMan> Heh

Eargasm
07-31-2008, 04:00 AM
EDIT: http://rapidshare.de/files/40121289/RachelFaith.If.This.Isnt.Ownage.I.Dont.Know.What.Is.READ.NFO-ViCADiN.zip.html

The nudes were hot and unexpected. I wonder where they originated.

respawn40
07-31-2008, 04:13 AM

The nudes were hot and unexpected. I wonder where they originated.

How do we even know they're pics of her? Without a face, it could be anyone.

silvertec
07-31-2008, 04:40 AM
the photo's are some of her avatar pictures on different forums
Its her she hides nothing
not even her address and phone number

respawn40
07-31-2008, 04:43 AM
the photo's are some of her avatar pictures on different forums
Its her she hides nothing
not even her address and phone number

I was referring to the nudies.

Eargasm
07-31-2008, 04:58 AM
Rachel, if you are still lurking on the board can you confirm the nudes are yours and who leaked them? Thanks.

edit: Also, do you have more?

Tranquill
07-31-2008, 06:42 AM
More nudes needed imo, if the site wants to succeed.

integral
07-31-2008, 07:04 AM
It seems like even her staff don't want any part of what she's trying to do. Hopefully they'll help migrate the users to a better tracker?

The Flying Cow
07-31-2008, 11:48 AM
1) Why are there stars over the minge and nipples
2) What's to tell me this isn't just taken from some penny-an-hour Russian/North Korean webcam girl's photo album
3) If she wants us to keep her alive, I agree with the other member who said moar nudes are needed, properly uncensored this time, with facial games.
4) LAWL at this "<RachelFaith> We know the scene people. Better than most. And they like our vision. The ones who call the shots. The big guys who do they big scene."

What a clown.

-Sherman

buggyfresh
07-31-2008, 04:14 PM

This brings up a good point and a moral question for many people; would you be willing to continue to use the tracker, aware of what the owner is attempting to do?

Meh..I stopped seeding the few things I had there..think I'll wait and see...if anything my acct will die from inactivity lol!

dunson
07-31-2008, 05:48 PM
Law student eh? Pwnage x 2

BelleandSeb
07-31-2008, 10:15 PM
More nudes needed imo, if the site wants to succeed.

Oh yeah more nude pics will make everything OK.

punjabimunda
08-01-2008, 08:01 AM
STOP THIS DRAMA ALREADY.
im sick of it.
keyboard warriors, DISMOUNT!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

xnugx
08-01-2008, 11:06 PM
Mother f'ing ownage suckazzz

RachelFaith just stepped down from Vortex. Let's see how THIS pans out now.
Hooray for a small victory!

integral
08-01-2008, 11:10 PM
Yeah, I'm sure she stepped down. Or changed her name on the tracker, and did a /nick change on IRC. Typical, I'd avoid the tracker altogether; if Vortex is registered under her, she wouldn't just step down.

Guest24
08-02-2008, 12:02 AM
Winston Churchill said the only difference between war and politics, is that when politics is involved, you may die many deaths.
This is the nature of those who choose to take the path of leadership. Your only duty is to protect those who follow you.
Sometimes that protection means utterly giving yourself to cause.

In recent days you have seen a small but very vocal and very irate group of folks attempt to bring this site down.
I have allowed them their say. I believe in the rights of those in the minority to be able to speak, even if I would disagree
with every point of contention made. The right is superior to the content.

But, alas, when a mob reaches a certain crescendo the lines are crossed and there is no turning back. The same is true when a
leader becomes more the element of the mob than do the issues themselves.
This is the risk, and the duty of a leader. To protect the vision, even at the ultimate cost. And that is my commitment and my action.
When a mob cannot by reason assail the substance, they assail the messenger. The messenger is always the expendable one, without regard to title or privilege.

Effective yesterday, Mactus became Caesar. So long as the issue is “Rachel, Rachel, Rachel”, the voice of reason is unheard and invisible.
So I have resigned to take that issue away from the mob, and return the topic to reason and reason alone, detached from the cult of personality.

I leave this community in good and trusted hands. I will always be available for personal contact, it is not like I am hard to find.

Rachel Faith

YQZ
08-02-2008, 12:09 AM
She has stepped down.

/thread.

NA_Magus
08-02-2008, 12:38 AM
Winston Churchill said the only difference between war and politics, is that when politics is involved, you may die many deaths.
This is the nature of those who choose to take the path of leadership. Your only duty is to protect those who follow you.

In recent days you have seen a small but very vocal and very irate group of folks attempt to bring this site down.
I have allowed them their say. I believe in the rights of those in the minority to be able to speak, even if I would disagree

But, alas, when a mob reaches a certain crescendo the lines are crossed and there is no turning back. The same is true when a
This is the risk, and the duty of a leader. To protect the vision, even at the ultimate cost. And that is my commitment and my action.
When a mob cannot by reason assail the substance, they assail the messenger. The messenger is always the expendable one, without regard to title or privilege.

Effective yesterday, Mactus became Caesar. So long as the issue is “Rachel, Rachel, Rachel”, the voice of reason is unheard and invisible.
So I have resigned to take that issue away from the mob, and return the topic to reason and reason alone, detached from the cult of personality.

I leave this community in good and trusted hands. I will always be available for personal contact, it is not like I am hard to find.

Rachel Faith...
Wow when the hell did the internet get so f-cking serious?

Squizzle
08-02-2008, 01:06 AM

Rachel Faith...

I loved reading that :D

What a dickhead :D

Can't imagine what the hell's going on in that poor woman's head, even after being pwnd from every angle and muscled out in a humiliating stepdown she's making full-blown speeches and likening herself to Winston Churchill :w00t:

Love it :frusty:

kooftspc11
08-02-2008, 01:51 AM
she looks like winston churchill too

Artemis
08-02-2008, 02:12 AM
Maybe she should have likened herself to winnie earlier and brought a rallying cry squizzle ?

" We shall not flag nor fail. We shall go on to the end. We shall fight in France and on the seas and oceans; we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air. We shall defend our island whatever the cost may be; we shall fight on beaches, landing grounds, in fields, in streets and on the hills. We shall never surrender and even if, which I do not for the moment believe, this island or a large part of it were subjugated and starving, then our empire beyond the seas, armed and guarded by the British Fleet, will carry on the struggle until in God's good time the New World with all its power and might, sets forth to the liberation and rescue of the Old. ."

or is that just too fucking OTT :naughty::naughty::naughty::naughty:

integral
08-02-2008, 02:26 AM
So she says she creates a company, and then people believe she just easily steps down? Pretty gullible.

xnugx
08-02-2008, 05:31 PM
were all safe now :)
StC.org <3

WarrenBuffet
08-02-2008, 06:39 PM
Stupid Mac users.

Acumen
08-03-2008, 03:03 AM
I think the word cynic is a tad more accurate.

Sorry if the outdated response offends anyone.

Artemis
08-03-2008, 05:41 AM
Stupid Mac users.

http://xs130.xs.to/xs130/08310/142069fknj_w266.jpg (http://xs.to)

Mr.sharer
08-03-2008, 05:45 AM
Stupid Mac users.

he has a point :lol:

use a pc or unix .mac is based on unix kernel anyway . its an american thing i suppose

Artemis
08-03-2008, 05:50 AM
Stupid Mac users.

use a pc or unix .mac is based on unix kernel anyway . its an american thing i suppose

OT but what the hey, MacOSX is based on FreeBSD/MachOS, it has an underlying Unix structure and X11 shell but Darwin is a proprietary design
of Apple computer.

Mr.sharer
08-03-2008, 05:56 AM

OT but what the hey, MacOSX is based on FreeBSD/MachOS, it has an underlying Unix structure and X11 shell but Darwin is a proprietary design
of Apple computer.

freebsd is unix , the closest you can be to the old school unix . the way i see it people are actually paying for a unix OS with some extra eye candy shit

so its a big FAIL :rolleyes:

more like pirating open source softwares :lol:

Artemis
08-03-2008, 06:46 AM
OK your right & I am wrong MachOS is Unix and BSD is Unix and Darwin is just some 'extra eyecandy shit' :frusty:

I'll believe you but thousands wouldn't :naughty:

th0r
08-03-2008, 07:38 AM
she looks like winston churchill toopm me your damn picture and let me make that comparison for myself