PDA

View Full Version : ""FTN is my dream""

CPC464
07-27-2008, 10:27 PM
some people really need to get out more,

http://www9.mailordercentral.com/unclemilton/images/HermitCrabpic%20.jpg

killercam101
07-27-2008, 10:31 PM
lol..i laugh now..but a month from now when I request to get in..DREAM REQUEST FOR FTN will be DREAMY!

jukesta
07-27-2008, 10:33 PM
I dont get what is the big hype about ftn.

Who cares if they only count upload?

bilkenter
07-27-2008, 10:36 PM
I dont get what is the big hype about ftn.

Who cares if they only count upload?

I think those who cannot afford to pay2leech or seedboxes to keep a nice ratio to leech without problems... However, if this was the case, people would request a non ratio site isnt it? Topics wouldnt be all about ftn and ftn and FTN, Those posts force me to use a nice lang here really. PATIENCE PATIENCE AND PATIENCE...

integral
07-27-2008, 10:36 PM
We need to have a silent count, FTN request threads vs. anti-FTN request threads. I wonder who will win out in the end? I think it's about tied right now.

F.B.I
07-27-2008, 10:41 PM
I would love to know where are the mods...

Warnings and bans would be so cool...

bilkenter
07-27-2008, 10:43 PM
I am against bans but warnings would be really really nice...

stoi
07-27-2008, 10:47 PM
am i missing something here.

this is an invite forum (well not this but that >>>)

FTN have opened invites for a week i think, i have no idea how many is in circulation, but even if its just 200. Members have the right to request them.

whether they get them or not isnt the point.

Obviously i wish they would just scrap that entire section, but i think everyone knows that is never going to happen, so we have to live with it.

Dont like them dont read them, dont like seeing even the titles, dont go in there till this is all over.

but warning for requesting, i just cant see that happening, or dont think its correct either in all honesty.

bilkenter
07-27-2008, 10:51 PM
Yeah you are right, i will take a vacation till this is over, i guess 5 day is left then i will be free of those requests... We shall get rid of request section actually, or we shall have a feature to block certain titles like Ftn request, Ftn the best or Ftn the sexiest, I can make a nice name for ftn but wont even though i am dying to say so. Anyway I am off then, will hang out on other forums for a while at least for 5 days!

Dr_Green_Thumb
07-27-2008, 10:52 PM
When I grow up my dream is to join FTN

Truly yours dreamy

Duckater
07-27-2008, 10:53 PM
People should not be warned for make a request in a request section that would be so wrong and would degrade this site.
People who request in the wrong area is a different topic all together tho :)

IdolEyes787
07-27-2008, 10:55 PM
I thought he meant warning the people who are doing nothing but flaming the requesters.:unsure:

CPC464
07-27-2008, 10:55 PM
The point of my thread here is if someone wants to request ftn then fair enough, request it and say why you want it. but "is my dream" for god sake have a life. some people make it sound that if they dont get into ftn they will crumble and die.

Detale
07-27-2008, 10:56 PM

Right here What do you see breaking a FST rule here huh? Annoying maybe and in all honesty we will prob be cutting a few of em down, but IMO it's every users right to post what they wish. Just because someone else did it first they should not be allowed to? Would it be so cool if you were warned or banned??

F.B.I
I thought he meant warning the people who are doing nothing but flaming the requesters.:unsure:

Yes.

stoi
well even if he didnt, now hes going to say he did lol

and yeah i agree with that, its getting silly, let them get on with it over there, and leave it out of over here.

deadalive1
07-27-2008, 10:58 PM
While I agree that making a request in the request section shouldn't get you a warning, I do however feel that some requests are so absurd (and it seems purposely so) all that come of them are flaming and spamming which should get you a warning for creating said thread.

Now if it was made by a n00b then maybe it can be overlooked, but if a person has 100 or more posts and does this, that's a whole different story, they should know better.

bilkenter
07-27-2008, 11:01 PM

Right here What do you see breaking a FST rule here huh? Annoying maybe and in all honesty we will prob be cutting a few of em down, but IMO it's every users right to post what they wish. Just because someone else did it first they should not be allowed to? Would it be so cool if you were warned or banned??
I think this is not the case here, I mean i revere their right to request smt, i wish we could all help them get whatever they want. However, It would be nice to have a filtering system so that we wont have to see those request that is all. Also it is really freaking to see so many requests, It is obvious that noone will give ya one if they dont know ya at all...At least most of the guyz here wont. If they wont, there is no point in asking in my opinion

Detale
07-27-2008, 11:02 PM

Yes.

Oops My bad don't mind me :huh:

What I can say as this happens from time to time is ignore it and I assure you it will go away. Invites were handed out and so the crowd goes wild. No biggie as with all things this too shall pass.

F.B.I
07-27-2008, 11:03 PM
well even if he didnt, now hes going to say he did lol

and yeah i agree with that, its getting silly, let them get on with it over there, and leave it out of over here.

Threads like this one make me sick, that's why I'v posted that.

Sorry for the misunderstood.

Edit: Glad you got the idea.

IdolEyes787
07-27-2008, 11:08 PM
I think the mods have been getting a bit stricter .I see a lot more disabled privileges as of late.
Or maybe new power has gone to T.S.O.L.'s head?:fear2:

Detale
07-27-2008, 11:10 PM
Nope just more and more people not following rules as of late

F.B.I
07-27-2008, 11:11 PM
I think the mods have been getting a bit stricter .I see a lot more disabled privileges as of late.

And FST needs that, since we are public we got to deal with it in some way.

Privileges disabled is one of those ways.

Edit: Sorry I'm being a e-bully atm, tomorrow I will be better.

bilkenter
07-27-2008, 11:14 PM

And FST needs that, since we are public we got to deal with it in some way.

Privileges disabled is one of those ways.
I know remember where i saw you earlier, you were the one who said i can help your friend ahah funny

But getting disabled for smt and getting disabled for nothing, i hope they can differentiate the thin difference between those 2 ...

Detale
07-27-2008, 11:16 PM
Who was disabled for nothing??

IdolEyes787
07-27-2008, 11:16 PM
@ FBI No argument here.I like the place too much for it to become a joke.

bilkenter
07-27-2008, 11:24 PM
Who was disabled for nothing??
For Detale
I think i am, Please check what i said on a certain topic then pls get back to me whether i deserved the ban or not... This is not the place, i know but if you seriously and objectively will listen to what i have to say, i can, if you wont, there is nothing to discuss actually, but the ban against me was really wrong, this is my opinion though, Getting banned more than 10 days for spamming... Come on...Also the last spam i supposedly did was this

I definitely hate this attitude here, if you dont like it, why bother writing? everybody has wits enough to decide on their own, so you dont have to mock him to prove your point

Edit: You probably wont find someone you are looking for, this forum is fun to hang with, but for invites, use somewhereelse. At least this is how i see it

I am banned for this under the incessant spamming or whatever it is called, I only pointed the fact that some people luv to mock others by using so called other languages like using ufck for f.... or ucnt for c...., And the other thing i said was that no newbie is gonna get a tt from here, and it is a fact, show me one newbie who got tt without anything pls. Also the guy on the thread said that i need tt for my b day since it is coming then another guy said this, I need Ftn for my b day 2, As opposed to this, i pointed that you dont have to mock others to prove that he isnt gonna get tt....

Hope this isnt counted as spamming

deadalive1
07-27-2008, 11:26 PM
Agreed with 100%.

Some people tho treat it as a joke, or offer advice to use another site instead of this one to get what they want, which in my opinion they should be smacked hard for it. No need for that crap or that kind of member here, if they TRULY feel that way, they should stick to the site they refer others to.

Edit: see spoiler above for perfect example.

F.B.I
07-27-2008, 11:30 PM

Not even because of that, it's just a matter of respect, whatever the place.

markupmaster
07-27-2008, 11:38 PM
http://i38.tinypic.com/3443vyf.jpg

Easy decision for me...

Duckater
07-27-2008, 11:40 PM
Thats a no brainer I got both :lol:
MMMMM wonders if I should stop dreaming :lol:

F.B.I
07-27-2008, 11:40 PM
Easy decision for me...

We can share your decision... :lol:

mrnobody
07-27-2008, 11:41 PM
most who say "FTN is my dream" are not native Eng speaker, so maybe it got to do with language barrier or something.

IdolEyes787
07-27-2008, 11:44 PM
Nice one markupmaster.Best post I've seen today.:lol:

deadalive1
07-27-2008, 11:45 PM
lol MM, no brainer for me either

dunson
07-27-2008, 11:49 PM
I've always wanted a pink fur. :ghey:

Fr33don
07-27-2008, 11:49 PM
I'd definitely take Megan Fox, but it took some thinking. :D

IdolEyes787
07-27-2008, 11:53 PM
I only wish you could take it.

Duckater
07-27-2008, 11:57 PM

I want to be the pink fur :lol:

CPC464
07-28-2008, 12:02 AM
http://i38.tinypic.com/3443vyf.jpg

Easy decision for me...

My Point exactly,

squirr3lmost who say "FTN is my dream" are not native Eng speaker, so maybe it got to do with language barrier or something.

:D

tknaught
07-28-2008, 12:22 AM
Sometimes I wonder what happens to all these "FTN is my dream" guys once they actually get FTN.

respawn40
07-28-2008, 12:24 AM
Sometimes I wonder what happens to all these "FTN is my dream" guys once they actually get FTN.

That's obvious; "UK-T is my dream", "FSC is my dream", "FTWR is my dream", etc.

Duckater
07-28-2008, 12:24 AM

/me thinks they then want a tracker from next level :)
Just glad that not many of them seem to be getting so we not getting lot of posts asking for level 9 and 10 trackers :lol:

bilkenter
07-28-2008, 12:40 AM

I was gonna say the same thing, Great minds think alike :D

tknaught
07-28-2008, 12:44 AM

That's depressing.

I hope there are at least some who decide that now they have FTN that they can stop chasing after high-level trackers and just concentrate on being good citizens at the trackers they like best.

dunson
07-28-2008, 12:53 AM
<-- never dreamed about trackers like a lamer fag

Theory11
07-28-2008, 02:08 AM
ur dream is over cuz all ftn invites just got revoked cuz of invite sellers

markupmaster
07-28-2008, 02:12 AM
Yeah...

Damn Morons..

:dabs:

bilkenter
07-28-2008, 02:15 AM
ur dream is over cuz all ftn invites just got revoked cuz of invite sellers
I think this is the ultimate proof of what kinda people occuppy ftn, not here to blame site or anything, you cant be sure of all users after all. But this must be a nice answer to those who claim to luv community...and want it for its community, It is really unfortunate that there are really nice people who deserve it, I think invites shouldnt have been given to everyone at all

markupmaster
07-28-2008, 02:17 AM
Well,There are bad users at every tracker unfortunately.

Sad,But true....

:dabs:

xnugx
07-28-2008, 02:22 AM

Stare at their monitors for 6 months and then "dreem" about whatever else FST says is a Level 8-10.

I mean I would love in, but give me a break... I can't do anything except ask, I would never "dreeem omg" about it. All these dudes from eastern europe spam the threads so hard, make it tough for legitimate users. How are all those guys who can't even speak english going to even interact with the community? It's community based, not content, though it has good content.

Least my thread can be bumped for the next invite round...

stoi
07-28-2008, 02:23 AM
simple fact is

its FTN, its lvl 8 or 9 or something.

price will be over $300 for one of them. maybe even $600

and yes idiots pay it.

but you cant blame the site for that, its the members, and the problem is, its (some) of the members that are in every tracker, and probably tell the "noobs" there is no chance to get in, raising the price even higher.

why do you think most sites dont give invites. but then if they do that, they go up in the WTAW thread, so when they do give invites, the members get even more cash for them.

its just a viscious circle.

xnugx
07-28-2008, 02:39 AM
and probably tell the "noobs" there is no chance to get in, raising the price even higher.

why do you think most sites dont give invites. but then if they do that, they go up in the WTAW thread, so when they do give invites, the members get even more cash for them.

its just a viscious circle.

It sucks. I would REALLY appreciate a little bit more positivity in this scene... It is a bit demoralizing to get bashed just for making a request. It's a bit unmotivating to make friends when everybody comes off like a dick. I personally take note when people are positive, it's so few and far between...

deadalive1
07-28-2008, 02:39 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if they go to a petition system , where the member has to petition to the staff a user he thinks would be an asset to the tracker/community. With these idiots that sell invites (and indeed they seem to be everywhere) doing this crap more often it seems lately, it may be the only solution to stop the nonsense from this point on. But with that you add extra work for an already taxed staff (on some trackers that is).

Funkin'
07-28-2008, 02:44 AM
most who say "FTN is my dream" are not native Eng speaker, so maybe it got to do with language barrier or something.

I doubt that. I think people that most people that post it's their dream just want the site for its rarity.

stoi
07-28-2008, 02:47 AM
well i know for a fact that as soon as we go with this referal system, they will appear immediately.

but we are going to flood the market with them. every user gets 5 each , there are certain pre-requisits though.

member 6 months, does not matter what class they are. Badge of Honour (they get that for no hit and runs) 25 completed torrents in their history, Actual ratio .7 or above.

so hopefully the vast majority of those members will think, getting $2 for a referal, isnt worth either getting download added, if the referer screws up, or getting banned if they invite a few and they all cheat.

I am not naive enough to think that some wont chance it, but then the risks are high it could damage their account.

Another thing and this is a minority i would say, not the majority.

trackers give higher classes invites. the higher classes have faster uploads, or seed boxes, so they pay more for those than a user will.

as soon as they get an invite, its, well ive been using my SB on here for 6 months, might as well get some of the cash back.

just because members are a higher class, doesnt mean they all will respect the rules and not sell the things.

this is where the whole offering invites to higher classes fails imo.

5 years ago it was very hard to get to PU and higher classes, most people were on not much better than dial up. these days, seed box for a few days and your there.

But you cant increase it to much because the members that dont have a seedbox, can never get there.

and believe it or not, those that have got 500 gig downloaded 450 gig uploaded, will probably treasure that account more than someone with 10 gig downloaded, 200 gig uploaded (if they done that in a couple of days with a Seedbox)

I am not knocking SB members, far from it, but the promotions these days are just far to easy for them, and it doesnt make all of them good members.

About the 5th edit of this post lol

thats why if we hit them with a download penalty they may think twice as well.

lets take an extreme member.

10 gig downloaded, 100 gig uploaded 10 ratio, nice buffer.

they invite a bad member, now depending on how bad, we may add 10 gig on his download, or even 40 gig on his download.

add 40gig thats 100gig and 50 gig so a 2 ratio.

but if he wants to get back to a 10 ratio, if we took it off his upload instead, he would just have to seed that 40 gig, this way if he wants a 10 ratio, he has to upload 400 gig. 500gig uploaded 50 downloaded.

so it hits them a lot harder than just taking it off upload.

xKaosx
07-28-2008, 05:05 AM
That was one long post. Anyways I'm happy with regular trackers that I have. For example SCC most likely offers the same content at a faster rate. But I wouldn't know anything about FTN's torrent pretimes

CPC464
07-30-2008, 01:38 AM
I Have A Dream

a song to sing
To help me cope with anything
If you see the wonder of a fairy tale
You can take the future even if you fail
I believe in angels
Something good in everything I see
I believe in angels
When I know the time is right for me
I値l cross the stream - I have a dream

I have a dream, a fantasy
To help me through reality
And my destination makes it worth the while
Pushing through the darkness still another mile
I believe in angels
I believe in angels

I have a dream, a song to sing
To help me cope with anything
If you see the wonder of a fairy tale
You can take the future even if you fail
I believe in angels
I believe in angels

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

becomehokage
07-30-2008, 01:41 AM
Ill make a sugestion... Just close this damn thread!

CPC464
07-30-2008, 02:12 AM
lol
:)

hitman51
07-30-2008, 05:18 PM
FTN is my life! rofl...jk

Krvaric
07-30-2008, 05:35 PM
http://www.rofl.name/roflcopter/