PDA

View Full Version : waffles news

KREMBO
07-28-2008, 09:44 AM
Upon the recent implementation of our awards system, we decided to take things a step further: Waffles Points! You can earn points for partaking in many basic site activities, such as uploading, snatching, seeding, and becoming a Power User. Activities of your invitees will also influence your points. Your total points are displayed in your profile. A full list of ways to earn points and the ability to spend them will be available once the system has been further tested live.

aaatoel
07-28-2008, 09:56 AM
Seems like a great addition... We will just have to wait and see how we will be able to spend them! :)

apextwin146
07-28-2008, 10:04 AM
Yeah i wanna knw how wud i be able to spend them ,,,

Presto
07-28-2008, 10:17 AM
I like Waffles, although it's nowhere near oink. So it's definitely good news. :thumbsup:

dunson
07-28-2008, 11:08 AM
Why do you need to spend them? :ghey:

xtonart
07-28-2008, 11:16 AM

yayyyyyy
07-28-2008, 11:23 AM
how do you get them?

looks like they are trying to find a way to save the site from the current dying state... nobody is downloading lol

aaatoel
07-28-2008, 11:28 AM
Why do you need to spend them? :ghey:

Why wouldn't you want to spend them? :huh:

Giallorosso
07-28-2008, 11:35 AM
did they enable invite system or not yet ??

activedog
07-28-2008, 11:56 AM
maybe a chance for someone to get into it!

integral
07-28-2008, 03:18 PM
I guess they're trying some new innovations, which is good.

Skiz
07-28-2008, 03:46 PM
So there's not a point system right now?

But there is going to be a point system in the future, yet we're not sure when it's going to be done or what members will be able to use the points for.

Thanks for the breaking news. :dabs:

xnugx
07-28-2008, 06:22 PM
Should be awesome. Waffles is pretty freaking hard to seed on without a box...
I'm almost at power user, but I'm barely getting there seeding 200+ torrents. That is insane.
But whatever, I love that tracker. It's my first love after OiNK.

deadalive1
07-28-2008, 06:25 PM
Nothing can ever compare to OiNK, I so miss that tracker.

bilkenter
07-28-2008, 06:28 PM
Should be awesome. Waffles is pretty freaking hard to seed on without a box...
I'm almost at power user, but I'm barely getting there seeding 200+ torrents. That is insane.
But whatever, I love that tracker. It's my first love after OiNK.

Even with a Gb connection, It is still damn hard to seed back... Noone is leeching as it is said :D

kooftspc11
07-28-2008, 06:41 PM
sounds like a borefest. i think that bonus points should have more interesting purposes rather than the boring upload credit or invite

you should be able to become a forum mod for a day, get free leech for a day, ban somebody for an hour, remove upload from somebody else, send a pizza or a hooker to somebody else house, change somebodys avatar for a week, etc...

fun stuff that encourages a sense of community between members

integral
07-28-2008, 07:38 PM
sounds like a borefest. i think that bonus points should have more interesting purposes rather than the boring upload credit or invite

you should be able to become a forum mod for a day, get free leech for a day, ban somebody for an hour, remove upload from somebody else, send a pizza or a hooker to somebody else house, change somebodys avatar for a week, etc...

I'm not sure, Something like that would be Awful. ;)

1080p
07-28-2008, 09:04 PM
waffle points = syrup :P

fOrUmAs
07-28-2008, 09:39 PM
I really dont see where is good news here??

they have added what??

no one cares

jukesta
07-29-2008, 12:29 AM
if you get u get upload credit, its going to be h and run mania

xnugx
07-29-2008, 02:54 AM
@ last 2 posts --> So much pessimism in FST, freaking shut up.

Waffles is seriously one of the dopest trackers, period. Besides What and sometimes SCC, what really compares, honestly? And to tell you the truth, from a musical standpoint, the waffles community is so elite. I can guarantee you that both Waffles and What have the most involved communities--content having an influence on their real lives. Isn't that what this should all be about? There are so many true musicians on those sites and the quality is always top notch. How can so many people complain about EVERYTHING!?!?

Any new additions to quality trackers are exciting. If they did nothing new, I would still be grateful.

th0r
07-29-2008, 03:41 AM
Thanks for the breaking news. :dabs:

srsly, why do members here feel the need to regurgitate the news of other trackers to other members here?

if you are not a member it is completely irrelevant; if you are, however, a member, shouldn't you be discussing how wet your pants are at the waffles.fm forum instead of here?

integral
07-29-2008, 04:33 AM
How can anyone compare waffles and scc? Comparing scene-released music to a music tracker is apples and oranges.

Channer
07-31-2008, 03:53 PM

Those would be some sweet ideas, of course the point values for each would have to be thought out very carefully :lol:

punki_rach
07-31-2008, 05:45 PM
They had a list of things to 'buy' with points up earlier. There were things like custom titles, free leech for a day, access to top 10 (if you don't have it), privacy features etc. Seems pretty cool

mrchrister
07-31-2008, 07:45 PM
waffles doent accept new members at the moment right?

ival
07-31-2008, 08:24 PM
sounds good

markupmaster
08-01-2008, 01:03 AM
Great Move by Waffles!

This only makes them better.

:)