PDA

View Full Version : ScT New Rules - hopefully clearer

Swax
07-28-2008, 04:07 PM
Just a heads up that ScT has new rules.

I am posting it here because often people come whining here about how they got disabled there etc.. :dry:

The rules are updated and hopefully clear cut, with the 3 most commonly broken rules at the very top, however it's probably best to read them all.

Nemrod
07-28-2008, 04:29 PM
Good! Good Good!!!

I like them, very much.

Polarbear
07-28-2008, 04:35 PM
i especially like the new community rules. i hope you really do enforce them in the forum. it was about time ...

deadalive1
07-28-2008, 04:38 PM
i especially like the new community rules. i hope you really do enforce them in the forum. it was about time ...
Absolutely, it was about time.

integral
07-28-2008, 04:41 PM
It's good that the seeding rules are up front and clear, but honestly I can't remember if they were there like that before... oops :frusty:

jokzor
07-28-2008, 04:48 PM
what rules there are now?

jukesta
prolly about hit and runs

Sweetiepie
Could someone please write them down here too. If they're not to secret ;)

respawn40
07-28-2008, 04:53 PM
If you're a member for ScT, then you don't need the rules written down here, as you can just look there. And if you're not a member of ScT, then why do you need to know the rules at all?

jukesta
07-28-2008, 04:54 PM
Some people might be curious the approach different trackers are taking towards there rules.

soulreaper
07-28-2008, 04:54 PM
And if you're not a member of ScT, then why do you need to know the rules at all?

He's curious.

Legion
07-28-2008, 05:00 PM
We do NOT accept racism, prejudice, sexism or any other kind of hatred.
We do NOT accept degrading topics made about other countries, races or religions in particular ones aimed to prompt an aggressive response.
Any words such as 'Nigger', 'Nigga', 'Jew', 'Gypsy', 'Raghead', 'Arab' or 'Sandnigga' used specifically to offend someone are NOT tolerated!
Any smart arse who tries to use a word not on the list above but to the same effect, will also suffer the consequences mentioned below.

This is something I don't belive. I mean, sure I agree with these rules, but isn't the contrary of above what sct forums are about? Really, no disrespect or anything

KennyX
07-28-2008, 05:01 PM
Seed 1:1 or for five days on packs. No more acting like c***s on the forum.

There are some other minor changes.

aaatoel
07-28-2008, 05:09 PM
Understood loud and clear! Loving the minimum seeding time in the packs! ScT's packs are fantastic!

IdolEyes787
07-28-2008, 05:19 PM
Any words such as 'Nigger', 'Nigga', 'Jew', 'Gypsy', 'Raghead', 'Arab' or 'Sandnigga' used specifically to offend someone are NOT tolerated!
Any smart arse who tries to use a word not on the list above but to the same effect, will also suffer the consequences mentioned below.

I surprised that anyone would want to use these words anyway.

Except for gypsy.Please inform me if I 'm missing something.
It's not really an ethic slur it could also be used to describe a lifestyle .

Of course I also remember a time when Jew or Arab could be used without a derogatory cogitation and gay meant happy.

Sweetiepie
07-28-2008, 05:24 PM
If you're a member for ScT, then you don't need the rules written down here, as you can just look there. And if you're not a member of ScT, then why do you need to know the rules at all?

I thought we shoud discuss them, :dabs: And thats pretty hard without knowing them :whistling

We do NOT accept racism, prejudice, sexism or any other kind of hatred.
We do NOT accept degrading topics made about other countries, races or religions in particular ones aimed to prompt an aggressive response.

This is something I don't belive. I mean, sure I agree with these rules, but isn't the contrary of above what sct forums are about? Really, no disrespect or anything

It sounds very strange that they didn't have them before. In my ears it sounds obvious.

But the other Ratiosystem (Upload 3 gb seedback 1 gb) is still there. Right?!
Also think that is was a good rule, caouse packs nearly always have just a few seeders...

Cheers :wub:

eden297
07-28-2008, 05:32 PM

5 days:O

bilkenter
07-28-2008, 05:42 PM
5 days isnt much, i think 7 8 would be much more suitable :), As long as you consume what you download, then it is too normal to be 5 days since you cant consume a pack of 20 gb in a day :)

mrnobody
07-28-2008, 05:43 PM
no sexism comments, meh =/

editZ:

exactly, new rules are against everything ScT forum was. Me meant no disrespect either.

anyway, i like new seed rules for packs.

soulreaper
07-28-2008, 05:47 PM
I get called arab all the time, just see the humorous side of it and move on.

bilkenter
07-28-2008, 05:50 PM
:huh: I think you shall not move on, if someone calls ya that way, he shall pay the price for it. Just inform those who are in charge and hope that they take action against the use of such language....I am really sorry for ya mate, i mean calling someone with nickname sucks, and those doing it shall be punished

binocular
07-28-2008, 05:55 PM

In ur case, this topic right here would be totally meaningless, huh? Because neither ScTers nor non-ScTers need the rules 'written down here'.

goodboss
07-28-2008, 05:57 PM
it's time to say ScT go more progress !
Fuck'a all HitandRun users :noes:

soulreaper
07-28-2008, 06:00 PM
:huh: I think you shall not move on, if someone calls ya that way, he shall pay the price for it. Just inform those who are in charge and hope that they take action against the use of such language....I am really sorry for ya mate, i mean calling someone with nickname sucks, and those doing it shall be punished

Bilkenter! OMG why are you back,WHY?!!! Well now that you're here welcome back dude.:D
Ty for your concern, but I'm ok with it provided it has a friendly connotation to it.
Just dont call me a nigger when I'm in a bad mood.:P

ConkiZz
07-28-2008, 06:02 PM
The new rules rules :w00t: I like em ;) And good with new forum rules.

respawn40
07-28-2008, 06:03 PM
ConkiZz, I like your pirate ducky.

bilkenter
07-28-2008, 06:04 PM

Bilkenter! OMG why are you back,WHY?!!! Well now that you're here welcome back dude.:D
Ty for your concern, but I'm ok with it provided it has a friendly connotation to it.
Just dont call me a nigger when I'm in a bad mood.:P
I am back to save the day and write a trade manifesto to prove that trading might be damn awesome also to recruit new traders to our club :P kidding anyway:P, well if it is friendly, i have nothing to say, but i also detest calling others with nicknames when you have no sincerity with the man :) anyway btw for the welcome party
Listen: David Guetta - Jack is back

I would never call you anything mate dont worry :naughty:

predateur
07-28-2008, 06:43 PM

what is the problem with that ? i am arabic and i dont see any problem if someone call me arab , and i am pround to be arabic

jokzor
07-28-2008, 07:04 PM
well i hoped for invites :)

Duckater
07-28-2008, 07:10 PM
invites I expect will still be rare, but ya never know :D

Enlightened
07-28-2008, 07:11 PM

Go Buy one........:yup:

bilkenter
07-28-2008, 07:13 PM

But they dont give more than 4 invites, i have a lot of guy i wanna invite :) isnt it possible to get 8 invite for 100 euro?

The Flying Cow
07-28-2008, 07:14 PM
Funny the new rules should be against the use of the derogatory term used to insult the Black cotton-picking slaves in other times, when I saw moderators there (like Eezee, one of the most detestable coonts on the face of this planet) use it.

True story.

-Sherman :snooty:

IdolEyes787
07-28-2008, 07:17 PM

what is the problem with that ? i am arabic and i dont see any problem if someone call me arab , and i am pround to be arabic

Exactly .If I said something like my Arab friend .Predateur,would I be offending you?
You can call me whitebread Canuck if it makes you feel better.:lol:

`Dr. Nick Riviera`
07-28-2008, 07:34 PM
Looking forward obeying them... :P

Also, congratz on the staff promotions... ;)

Disme
07-28-2008, 07:39 PM
IdolEyes787 (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../../members/idoleyes787-197932) is a Whitebread Canuck ... :P

SgtMajor
07-28-2008, 07:41 PM

How about a redneck inbred canuck? :P :whistling

Oh err, ScTs new rules rule the waves.

Swax
07-28-2008, 07:49 PM
Funny the new rules should be against the use of the derogatory term used to insult the Black cotton-picking slaves in other times, when I saw moderators there (like Eezee, one of the most detestable coonts on the face of this planet) use it.

Eezee is not longer staff, neither is mitch.

If any Staff are found to break the rules they will also be warned just like any ordinary user.

IdolEyes787
07-28-2008, 07:52 PM

How about a redneck inbred canuck? :P :whistling

Oh err, ScTs new rules rule the waves.

I know I should be offended but instead I find myself strangely aroused.

dunson
07-28-2008, 08:24 PM
But they dont give more than 4 invites, i have a lot of guy i wanna invite :) isnt it possible to get 8 invite for 100 euro?

Donate twice. :pinch:

bilkenter
07-28-2008, 08:25 PM

Thanks Appreciated mate:) It says nothing about 50 euro and above so i thought i cant get more :S but obviously i can :P

SgtMajor
07-28-2008, 08:26 PM

How can you donate if you're banned for cheating? :whistling

The Flying Cow
07-28-2008, 08:28 PM
He was talking about the other fella, sergeant.

-Sherman

bilkenter
07-28-2008, 08:29 PM

How can you donate if you're banned for cheating? :whistling

You can dont worry, Is there a rule saying that outsiders cannot donate?

SgtMajor
07-28-2008, 08:31 PM

-Sherman

Numbnuts publicly stated he wanted to purchase a lot of invites for a lot of guys, no doubt his cheating buddies, but I was wondering how a known cheater got back onto ScT (having been booted already for cheating) to be able to donate to purchase said invites?

Sometimes, there are things that are just plain wrong.

(I)
07-28-2008, 08:37 PM
Gr8 news, lots of ScT users come here and whine just to make you feel they have paranoid staff, but after I joined the site I saw another image, the new thing in ScT that all the rules are applied even on donors and old schools specially in the forums, and I guess this is a good thing
Gratz :)

dunson
07-28-2008, 08:43 PM

-Sherman

Numbnuts publicly stated he wanted to purchase a lot of invites for a lot of guys, no doubt his cheating buddies, but I was wondering how a known cheater got back onto ScT (having been booted already for cheating) to be able to donate to purchase said invites?

He got back on FST too, twice, after being disabled...

tknaught
07-28-2008, 08:48 PM

I think the politically correct term for gypsy these days is 'Roma'.

The Flying Cow
07-28-2008, 08:59 PM

OK well I thought you were being sarcastic towards dunse, because once he was banned from ScT and then you rescued his erse.

But he never "cheated", per se, just misunderstood the rules, lyke.

In any case, I then thought to come up here and defend dunse, proclaiming that he was referring to the other cunt - the bilker person.

Seems you were talking about him all along.

-Sherman

bilkenter
07-28-2008, 09:02 PM

-Sherman

I think you shall calm down, I can take anything you say about me, But dont ever talk about my friends like that...Also i think, you shall sit down and think about trading for a while, wait a little longer, when i am done with manifesto, i would luv to hear your arguments about how to defend non tradism

IdolEyes787
07-28-2008, 09:04 PM

I think the politically correct term for gypsy these days is 'Roma'.

Roma don't mind being called gypsy/gipsy.Fact.

Or maybe you were being sarcastic,sometimes it's hard to tell.

Bilkenter there is no defense for trading simply because it is against the rules of every tracker I've ever seen.

The Flying Cow
07-28-2008, 09:05 PM
I think you shall calm down, I can take anything you say about me, But dont ever talk about my friends like that...Also i think, you shall sit down and think about trading for a while, wait a little longer, when i am done with manifesto, i would luv to hear your arguments about how to defend non tradism

Shut your fucking mouth, for the love of Jove.

You fasten yourself as some type of Marx or something? Das Kapital on Trading?

Do you enjoy being flamed?

-Sherman

SgtMajor
07-28-2008, 09:05 PM
No worries, we got there in the end :)

Dunce knew what I was talking about, even if the masses didn't! :P

You buy your friends with promises of riches, invites, seedbox use, accounts or anything, but if they knew you were booted for being a cheating trading pleb at ScT, and so when (not if) caught all your invites will be disbaled & IP banned for all eternity, then maybe they will have the true reflection of what you bring to the table, nothing but trouble.

deadalive1
07-28-2008, 09:09 PM

-Sherman

Yeah , but then again he does advise people how to cheat the system and then hides under the explanation of he is just providing the knowledge and it's up to THEM whether they use it or not.

It's like giving someone a loaded gun and then they shoot themselves with it, but he would say hey I didn't pull the trigger I just provided the means and it was THEM that did it...an accomplice is an accomplice, no matter how one tries to rationalize it.

bilkenter
07-28-2008, 09:09 PM

Shut your fucking mouth, for the love of Jove.

You fasten yourself as some type of Marx or something? Das Kapital on Trading?

Do you enjoy being flamed?

-Sherman
To be precise, Plekhanov

Yeah , but then again he does advise people how to cheat the system and then hides under the explanation of he is just providing the knowledge and it's up to THEM whether they use it or not.

It's like giving someone a loaded gun and then they shoot themselves with it, but he would say hey I didn't pull the trigger I just provided the means and it was THEM that did it...an accomplice is an accomplice, no matter how one tries to rationalize it.

You can always give me a gun, I know what to do with it... You seem to have the pessimistic understanding of Human nature just like Hobbes... Also thanks for the ridiculous analogy btw thanks also for the entertainment

puckface
07-28-2008, 09:23 PM
Yep and you gotta love the rules about not stealing stolen stuff, as always.

bilkenter
07-28-2008, 09:28 PM

You buy your friends with promises of riches, invites, seedbox use, accounts or anything, but if they knew you were booted for being a cheating trading pleb at ScT, and so when (not if) caught all your invites will be disbaled & IP banned for all eternity, then maybe they will have the true reflection of what you bring to the table, nothing but trouble.

Thanks for the warning, I will get them invites on someoneelses account... Is that satisfactory for ya ? That way, they wont be disabled, Thanks for the info SGT

Edit: you really exhaust me, i am sleepy

Edit 2: BTw i joined sct cuz i was curious about what they offer, I am kinda disappointed except the forums and the trivia tournament. Also i havent done anything against sct, There are numerous guyz who trade, traded etc... So what? Have i really done anything against Any of the sites i am on? Have i created a security breach? Have i offended to anyone? I seed more than people usually do and etc...

fOrUmAs
07-28-2008, 09:35 PM
and the reasone why this new rule is posted here?? is??

hmm...

bilkenter
07-28-2008, 09:39 PM

Now deadalive was telling me that i shouldnt have said anything about proxies since it might be used to cheat system...I honestly thank SGT for giving me the idea of using someoneelses account for giving away invites... This way i wont cheat system, This is what i hate here, If you are show wrong doings, then show it for everyone not just one person here...

Edit 2: Also SGT was the one to tell us to go behind the rules even though staff was against fulfilling requests on torrent forum, Deadalive hasnt said anything that time 2... If this isnt the proof of ultimate discrimination, then nothing is

Raban
07-28-2008, 09:45 PM
Thanks for the warning, I will get them invites on someoneelses account... Is that satisfactory for ya ? That way, they wont be disabled, Thanks for the info SGT

so you are admitting that you've got an account again on ScT ?? Hrmmm i dunno bro they booted you out and i don't think they wanted you to return ...

you seemed OK with it at the time saying you didn't want ScT anyways cause SCC was all you needed...

now you have gone back on that and snuck in probably with an account trade ?? HRMMMMM m mm m m.. . . ..

deadalive1
07-28-2008, 09:49 PM

so you are admitting that you've got an account again on ScT ?? Hrmmm i dunno bro they booted you out and i don't think they wanted you to return ...

you seemed OK with it at the time saying you didn't want ScT anyways cause SCC was all you needed...

now you have gone back on that and snuck in probably with an account trade ?? HRMMMMM m mm m m.. . . ..
And you are surprised by this? He double-talks all the time. And constantly bags himself.

bilkenter
07-28-2008, 09:49 PM

This part is a definite lie.... Ah my head is killing me, i will answer what u have to ask honestly ok? really killing me

SgtMajor
07-28-2008, 09:50 PM
Now deadalive was telling me that i shouldnt have said anything about proxies since it might be used to cheat system...I honestly thank SGT for giving me the idea of using someoneelses account for giving away invites... This way i wont cheat system, This is what i hate here, If you are show wrong doings, then show it for everyone not just one person here...

Edit 2: Also SGT was the one to tell us to go behind the rules even though staff was against fulfilling requests on torrent forum, Deadalive hasnt said anything that time 2... If this isnt the proof of ultimate discrimination, then nothing is

I didn't tell anyone to do anything of what you claim, but keep digging.

colbert
07-28-2008, 10:27 PM
I'm rather surprised they needed to change the rules on language use. I'm on irc fairly regularly and I do notice some sexist talk, but racist or hate speech seems pretty minimal. The "degrading speech" about different countries, like Sweden vs. Norway vs. Finland is usually harmless. People are just joking around. In addition, I find it rather ironic that two of the people with the foulest speech, Eezee and Mitch were both former staff members! touche

Feeling
07-29-2008, 04:28 PM
who let bilkenter on the internets?

guitarhero
07-29-2008, 11:54 PM
Personally i totally agree with the new ScT rules. The only think i can`t see the point in is why are Israel and Poland banned.. but however i must keep in mind that thing, so no invites for theese 2 countries. ScT FTW :D

LoKaLiRi
07-30-2008, 12:05 AM
nice add , i <3 ScT Packs :P

xnugx
07-30-2008, 04:22 AM
SCT really rules...
The packs are insane.
New rules seem pretty fair though I also don't understand the country bans..