PDA

View Full Version : Setup a seedbox

Nixdorf
07-29-2008, 08:13 AM
To all expert here,

I'm new here and used to be having an account in seedboxworld.com. I plan to get a dedicated server from OVH(KIMSUFI 2008) and setup my own seedbox.

1. May I know how can I setup the utorrent in the server?
2. Any thread/website has tutorial about seedbox configuration? Also what web site should I read in order to completely setup my seedbox?

Sorry I'm noob and new in seedbox and really plan to setup a seedbox for my own in order to maintain my ratio.

All reply/suggestion/opinion is much appreciated. Thank you.

OmaRin0
07-29-2008, 08:50 AM
R u going to use Windows or Linux?
If its Windows I dont think that there is any problem since that u see a normal desktop like u see on ur pc..
If its Linux there is a good tutorial in this section..

Nixdorf
07-29-2008, 08:59 AM
hi OmaRin0 :)

As I don't know anything about Linux, I will prefer run in Windows. So will I feel any difficulty if I use Windows? What should I read to configure my box so that it can run smoothly ? I mean any web site provide step by step for setting up a seedbox ?

OmaRin0
07-29-2008, 09:22 AM
As I said, there won't be any problem setting up a windows seedbox, u will download normally the UTorrent client and start downloading..
Try to read THIS (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-seedbox-discussion-154/t-seedbox-non-owner-and-owner-faq-280125/?)topic it contains good infos..

Nixdorf
07-29-2008, 09:32 AM
Thank you very much