PDA

View Full Version : IP log

bblogs
07-29-2008, 12:47 PM
I'm not sure what sites already do and don't do this...but after reading this post (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/p-scl-accountemail-post2912205/postcount4) by deadalive1, I was thinking it'd be very easy to take away the traders who rotate through accounts looking for a step upwards in the ladder. I can't really think of a reason for 1 IP to appear in 2 accounts, so why don't trackers just keep tracker of IPs login to the site. Any IP that appears in 2 or more accounts must be either a dupe account or a trader...no? :unsure:
It seems like a ridiculously simple concept, but when I was a trader/collector I went in and out of different accounts without any hassle, so why wasn't I banned?

NOLF
07-29-2008, 01:29 PM
What about the users who share a seedbox?

punki_rach
07-29-2008, 01:37 PM
Or two users living at the same address? Roomates etc. I suppose they could just inform the tracker though

Nemrod
07-29-2008, 01:40 PM
I donīt know so much about that but I guess that 90% of us have dynamic IP, so, itīs not easy to track.

Artemis
07-29-2008, 01:43 PM
There are also the ISP's who use dynamic IP assignment, so when the lease is up or if your modem/router is reset, you are assigned a different IP from the pool. There are several countries including my own where dynamic IP's are far more common than static.

puckface
07-29-2008, 01:55 PM
Sometimes people clone mac addresses to their router to get an IP change when they want one from their provider for various reasons.

Duckater
07-29-2008, 02:16 PM
not to mention proxies :)
But a lot of sites do ban dupe accounts and do search for them :)

DeadCell
07-29-2008, 03:49 PM
yea we have a ipchecker that searches for dupe IP's but seedboxes dont usually get flagged as it only register IP's the actually login to the site where as if you use webUI your just loading a torrent from the site and not actually logging in with it.

1080p
07-29-2008, 08:10 PM
Or two users living at the same address? Roomates etc. I suppose they could just inform the tracker though
the chances of that happening or so slim

its like saying Lance Bass is straight

Duckater
07-29-2008, 08:24 PM
the chances of that happening or so slim

its like saying Lance Bass is straight

I seen it a few times more likely be couples or college peeps in rented accomodation than anything else :)

1080p
07-29-2008, 08:29 PM
yea, I doubt if you were banned staff would re-enable you

Duckater
07-29-2008, 09:30 PM
I will not ban people if they are partners or the alike and they let us know properly, I cannot speak for all sites tho.

silvertec
07-30-2008, 02:55 AM
I will not ban people if they are partners or the alike and they let us know properly, I cannot speak for all sites tho.

Most of sites are fair if you let them know thats happening and don't take the piss

Gish
07-30-2008, 03:45 AM
as far as duel IPs go I log in to sites from 3 different locations:
Home
Work
Parents house

Gish
07-30-2008, 03:46 AM
Edit: sorry for the two posts

DeadCell
07-30-2008, 09:31 AM
Yea we have a few members from the same college and the IP's all get flagged but they let us know lol, linked to their college website plus further proof and its all good.

djkamikaze
07-31-2008, 12:51 PM
the dynamic IP addresses are why some of the best trackers ban entire countries. Poland and israel come to mind

RedRansom
07-31-2008, 07:55 PM
the dynamic IP addresses are why some of the best trackers ban entire countries. Poland and israel come to mind
this is not about dynamic IP addresses ;)
Racism :dabs:

lukee
07-31-2008, 09:40 PM

Not at all. There are just allot of cheaters from those country's. Don't blame it on the tracker, blame it on the cheaters that ruin it for everyone ;)

RedRansom
08-01-2008, 09:20 PM

Not at all. There are just allot of cheaters from those country's. Don't blame it on the tracker, blame it on the cheaters that ruin it for everyone ;)
Did you see a conversation at TT ırc;)...
Ummm but you are a little right hdbits.org banned Turkey and Polland ip range for cheating ...
%55 Racism , %45 cheating this is look like a deal :lol: :P

YQZ
08-01-2008, 09:23 PM

Egypt is also one to add to that list (along with Israel)