PDA

View Full Version : Where to be hosted at? (Torrent tracker)

cvb
07-29-2008, 03:54 PM
Hi guys.
I'm looking for a great and not too expensive host, in a country that are torrent friendly.
Price is max 120eur because i dont expect donations in the first couple of month.

Duckater
07-29-2008, 03:56 PM
See's another new tracker on the horizon.
Good question tho with the way world is going I would not like to make a suggestion as it may be useless in less than a month from now

cvb
07-29-2008, 03:59 PM
well, its not a new one, its an old one coming back

Duckater
07-29-2008, 04:01 PM
There are several hosting companies that allow them but they are getting fewer all the time. Also with laws changing in a lot of countries I would not like to say where any site could be safe for any period of time.
I would like to see a place that is safe and for a period of time as well to be honest :)

cvb
07-29-2008, 04:08 PM
I'm thinking of being hosted in Sweden or Canada, don't think that The Netherlands is so great anymore (all the leaseweb fuck).

Anyone knows some companies in the 2 countries?

Duckater
07-29-2008, 04:09 PM
moxie in canada but I think one canadian site has had to stop hosted there but not 100% sure

Mr.sharer
07-29-2008, 04:11 PM
hungary maybe ? :unsure:

F.B.I
07-29-2008, 04:14 PM
About the contries...

We have just moved from Germany, been there 2 years and not 1 problem.

Reason we moved was just itchy feet, i hate staying in 1 place for to long, doesnt matter where it is.

If they are going to come after you, they will get you, doesnt matter where your site is hosted.

But pretty much safe havens atm are. (this does not mean they will be safe tomorrow though)

Sweden
Malayasia
Canada (lot of sites still there and only demonoid was chased out (allegedly))
Russia and surrounding countries
Romania
China

Ones that may be safe, but im not 100% sure on.

Germany (we were there but does`nt mean its safe safe)
Switzerland
Hong Kong (been here before and had no problems)
and probably countless others.
South America, but never really looked into going there.

Countries i would not go anywhere near with a tracker

USA
UK
Holland (just with leaseweb and Oink and the countless others that have been chased out)

:)

cvb
07-29-2008, 04:16 PM
Yes hungary is also an option, but i dont know any host.

buggyfresh
07-29-2008, 04:18 PM
About the contries...

We have just moved from Germany, been there 2 years and not 1 problem.

Reason we moved was just itchy feet, i hate staying in 1 place for to long, doesnt matter where it is.

If they are going to come after you, they will get you, doesnt matter where your site is hosted.

But pretty much safe havens atm are. (this does not mean they will be safe tomorrow though)

Sweden
Malayasia
Canada (lot of sites still there and only demonoid was chased out (allegedly))
Russia and surrounding countries
Romania
China

Ones that may be safe, but im not 100% sure on.

Germany (we were there but does`nt mean its safe safe)
Switzerland
Hong Kong (been here before and had no problems)
and probably countless others.
South America, but never really looked into going there.

Countries i would not go anywhere near with a tracker

USA
UK
Holland (just with leaseweb and Oink and the countless others that have been chased out)

:)

not anymore...

jukesta
07-29-2008, 05:05 PM
Moxie Is a winner.

1080p
07-29-2008, 08:07 PM
switzerland, they're neutral towards everything, even if God and Satan fought, The swiss would be neutral

Unstable1
07-30-2008, 02:28 AM
The filesharing laws have been tightened up in Switzerland just recently, although I'm not sure how safe it would be to run a tracker, it does seem the government are making moves to clamp down on it.

You can now get up to 1 year in jail for uploading (ie seeding) if successfully prosecuted under the new laws in Switzerland.

cvb
07-30-2008, 07:10 PM
Anyone got URL to good host?

1080p
07-30-2008, 07:35 PM
The filesharing laws have been tightened up in Switzerland just recently, although I'm not sure how safe it would be to run a tracker, it does seem the government are making moves to clamp down on it.

You can now get up to 1 year in jail for uploading (ie seeding) if successfully prosecuted under the new laws in Switzerland.
government interference in Switzerland ?!?!

Impossible is nothing, so it seems

omarscoming
07-30-2008, 08:28 PM
I think that we should host in Columbia