PDA

View Full Version : What's next after ordering from seedhost.eu

Kuttichan
07-30-2008, 06:58 PM
Hi,

I never used a seedbox before. This is my first time. I just ordered a seedbox from seedhost.eu. What should I expect next? Anyone with seedhost exprience here?

OmaRin0
07-30-2008, 07:04 PM
wait 5-6 hours i guess and he should contact u with the info about the server

Kuttichan
07-30-2008, 07:04 PM
they will just send info to the email provided,right??

since, it is a seedbox, I guess there is nothing to be setup,right?

KennyX
07-30-2008, 07:13 PM
Tes I have a seedhost.eu and it is already setup.

You get the login details in an email to the address you provided. Open up firefox, browse to the url provided, input username+password provided and then add torrents to uTorrent webgui and build some buffers!

I seem to have been the longest to be setup at 24 hours, but most people seem to be set up quicker than me.

Kuttichan
07-30-2008, 07:18 PM
Thank KennyX for that? will they provide some kind of guide like how to setup the ip or something or is it too easy??

I can access this from anywhere I want right? There will not be any kind of connection between the seedbox and the computer I am using unless when I download from seedbox to computer,right?

OmaRin0
07-30-2008, 07:50 PM
1- will they provide some kind of guide like how to setup the ip or something or is it too easy??
2- I can access this from anywhere I want right?
3- There will not be any kind of connection between the seedbox and the computer I am using unless when I download from seedbox to computer,right?

1- It's too easy
2- Yes
3- Right

Kuttichan
07-30-2008, 07:52 PM
^ Thanks for clearing that mate! Now, I am waiting for their mail!!

KennyX
07-30-2008, 07:57 PM
Its really easy.

Just open firefox, or your browser on your home PC and browse to the IP just like it is a normal web page, a little box opens up and you put in your username and password, and that's it you are ready to go.

You can access the seedbox from anywhere. You are connected to the box anytime you do something to it (like add torrents, delete torrents+data etc), I like watching my ratios increase as it is strangely enjoyable so I am connected all the time and it does not impact on my home speeds.

edit: was way too slow in typing and posting this.

Kuttichan
07-30-2008, 08:02 PM
^^ sounds great!

I will post any further doubts here
So just to clear what I have asked above, every time when I need to connect to the seedbox, all I have to do is open up browser and do what you just said above. We are not downloading any kind of software or anything to our home comptuer,right?

KennyX
07-30-2008, 08:17 PM
Yes, open browser, connect, do your stuff and then disconnect if you want. edit: FF remembers the password and username so you just bookmark the page and click on the bookmark and you are up and running.

You dont need to install anything. There is a little 'but' in there! You will need some sort of browser to access the seedbox, some sort of FTP client/FF addon if you want to download from the seedbox and VNC if you want to install stuff on the seedbox or mess with uTorrents settings.

slayer2005
07-30-2008, 08:25 PM
prices r now going to change as ovh will be adding set up fees.

Kuttichan
07-30-2008, 08:52 PM
Yes, open browser, connect, do your stuff and then disconnect if you want. edit: FF remembers the password and username so you just bookmark the page and click on the bookmark and you are up and running.

You dont need to install anything. There is a little 'but' in there! You will need some sort of browser to access the seedbox, some sort of FTP client/FF addon if you want to download from the seedbox and VNC if you want to install stuff on the seedbox or mess with uTorrents settings.
didn't understand what you mean in the second part. THis is all what I am going to do? torrent downloading and then seeding. Download what i have "downloaded" to my seedbox to my computer. Does this need any other software installing? If it does, then how can I access the seedbox from where ever I want. I thought I can even download from seedbox from where ever I want.

KennyX
07-30-2008, 09:26 PM
You can access your seedbox from anywhere that has an internet connection and a browser. This is all you need.

If you want to download from the seedbox you need to use FTP. If you want to change things in your seedbox you need VNC.

You can download from the seedbox wherever you want as well but you need to do it through FTP. To use FTP you need to install a FTP client like filezilla or the FireFox addon FireFTP on the computer(s) you are going to use.

Getting the FTP up and running was simple for me as I used FireFTP:
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/684
which is integrated into firefox as an addon. If you are going to be downloading a lot from your seedbox then this might not be your best option.

If you want to change it so can download direct from the seedbox with HTTP, instead of FTP, then you should read the linux setup guide. (and good luck!).

KennyX
07-30-2008, 09:26 PM
Dup post.

KennyX
07-30-2008, 09:27 PM
dup 2

KennyX
07-30-2008, 09:27 PM
dup 3

Kuttichan
07-30-2008, 10:07 PM
You can access your seedbox from anywhere that has an internet connection and a browser. This is all you need.

If you want to download from the seedbox you need to use FTP. If you want to change things in your seedbox you need VNC.

almost got it

what do you mean by "change things @ seedbox" can you give a quick example for that

KennyX
07-30-2008, 10:26 PM
You might want to change the default seed to X percentage in uTorrent, for me it was 150% by default and I wanted to change it to something higher.

I downloaded and installed VNC then ran it. The first box pops up and you input the server IP details provided in your email for VNC and click connect, the second box pops up and you put in your password. After this you will see uTorrent just like it is on your desktop and all you have to do is go to options-preferences-queueing and change the seed while from 150% to 1000%.

You can use putty as well to add other applications or change operating system settings but I am not changing anything as I am not good enough with linux to take any risks. The seedbox FAQ tells more.

Kuttichan
07-30-2008, 10:41 PM
^ got it...Thanks for explaining that.

Does tat 150% to 1000% increases your speed??

KennyX
07-30-2008, 11:57 PM
No, but it does increase how long your torrents seed. 150% is to a ratio of 1.5:1 while 1000% is a 10:1 ratio. It is useful if you want to keep your torrents seeding for a while.

You can do this on an individual torrent by torrent basis in the webgui but setting it to 1000% globally using VNC is less of a hassle.

You might be able to tweak your settings to get more speed but I think this box is set up well as I can max out on ScT.

Kuttichan
07-31-2008, 01:07 AM
^ oh...ok.. Thanks for explaining that.

kooftspc11
07-31-2008, 01:11 AM
just use the info they give you in your rdp client on your home pc

start--->accessories--->communications--->remote desktop

type in the ip you got in the email and the password. once you are in you may want to access the root account and change login password etc...

KennyX
07-31-2008, 01:19 AM
More details for us RDP noobs: how do we "access the root account and change login password" and what does etc... mean?

kooftspc11
07-31-2008, 01:27 AM
More details for us RDP noobs: how do we "access the root account and change login password" and what does etc... mean?

there should be a .txt file or something that has the root login details on it on your desktop maybe?

the etc...basically means to do whatever you want to the computer to customize it. maybe you want to install an ftp or change the browser to firefox. maybe you want to install treesize so you can view your directories by size....can really mean whatever

Kuttichan
07-31-2008, 06:22 AM
I haven't got their email yet

Its been 12hrs already. Hopefully will get it soon

uploader23
07-31-2008, 03:27 PM
I haven't got their email yet

Its been 12hrs already. Hopefully will get it soon

Well it depends on the availability of the dedicated server it can be in 1 h or 72 h and most of the kimsufis are in 72 h.

Kuttichan
07-31-2008, 06:32 PM
where can i download VNC from??

kooftspc11
07-31-2008, 06:59 PM
is there any difference between VNC and RDP?

KennyX
07-31-2008, 09:08 PM
http://www.realvnc.com/cgi-bin/download.cgi?product=personal4/winvnc

is where I got VNC from.

I dont know the difference between VNC and rdp except that rdp is not installed on my computer by default and the package I downloaded from MS does not want to install.

Kuttichan
07-31-2008, 09:33 PM
I am not able to connect to FTp..getting some error

as far as the speed goes, I am not getting more than 4MB/s Ul...Is there any setting, I should change or is it because of leecher variable??

KennyX
08-01-2008, 12:18 AM
Speeds depends on site and leechers. I am getting 10,000kB on ScT on the disney pack2.

I have reached max speed on popular new torrents on ScT, SCC, RevTt, and TL so far; so try on one of their torrents to test it.

edit: FTP error, is it in connecting or downloading? If connecting then make sure you dont have the ":" when putting in your password. The email I got did not have a space so the password was ":password" instead of "password". If it is downloading then more information needed.

Kuttichan
08-01-2008, 12:24 AM
^ FTP error fixed. I contacted them and it was an error from my side. And I will check out the speeds on some high traffic trackers.

kondrae
08-02-2008, 08:33 AM
what if you buy a shared server. looks like its only 22 euros(cheapest) why so cheap? am i missing something?

jukesta
08-03-2008, 12:25 AM
a 100mb shared.

thats ghiegh

F.B.I
08-03-2008, 04:15 AM
what if you buy a shared server. looks like its only 22 euros(cheapest) why so cheap? am i missing something?

What about ask him? (http://seedhost.eu/contact)

haydeno
08-03-2008, 08:08 PM
It looks like a kimsufi xl(36 eur) shared with 4 ppl = 22eur each seems like good profit to me. However when i shared a kimsufi xl with 7 people and got about 2-3MB so i assume it would be better with less users

omgwtf
08-03-2008, 10:59 PM
Well if we look to it in this way..it says max 4 people but you never know..and 100 / 4 = 25 ... => 25 (Mb / s) = 3 200 kB / s