PDA

View Full Version : leaseweb

f@flot
07-30-2008, 08:11 PM
need to know how's this server(in the middle)
http://www.leaseweb.com/en/products/dedicated-servers/packages/34/

good or bad?advantages and disadvantages?easy to use?linux should be a problem?how do i install etc..

OmaRin0
07-30-2008, 08:19 PM
I didnt use any of these seedboxes but the biggest disadvantage is that it has 2TB bandwidth only..

hitman51
07-30-2008, 08:52 PM
ya this is what u do...use a fake name and an unverified paypal to pay for the leaseweb
and use as much bandwidth as u want

and if u need help installing leave me a pm...make sure you get debian...its the best for using utorrent

reeve
07-30-2008, 11:36 PM
Yeah, that 2TB transfer cap is a killer. I only had my Express Server 1 for 16 days before reaching that limit.

f@flot
07-31-2008, 06:26 AM
ya this is what u do...use a fake name and an unverified paypal to pay for the leaseweb

and if u need help installing leave me a pm...make sure you get debian...its the best for using utorrent

but i wanna use rtorrent.it's better nope?

hitman51
07-31-2008, 08:39 PM

but i wanna use rtorrent.it's better nope?

meh use utorrent works great...

RedRansom
07-31-2008, 08:43 PM
meh use utorrent works great...
debian+utorrent+ web gui right ?
hmm if it's this i should learn debian os:D

hitman51
07-31-2008, 10:43 PM
meh use utorrent works great...debian+utorrent+ web gui right ?
hmm if it's this i should learn debian os:D

yup ...don't really have to learn u have people like me install them...i've installed so many normally i can do them in my sleep if nothing goes wrong

Channer
08-01-2008, 06:53 PM
Me and a couple of my friends from work share a box from leaseweb. I give their company as a whole an A+ The only issue we really have is not from bandwidth (although i swear on my grandmothers grave that we have emails from them about network usage, i might still have them on my gmail account) its hard drive space. We have an unmetered server with two 500 gig drives and it goes really fast when one of us wants a ftn pact, one wants a sct pack, one wants 3 dvds pisexy and one wants this collection off tt etc, you get the idea five of us for one server. We are almost considering getting boxes for certain trackers but thats another issue. At the end of the day, I don't even have room for season 4 of house in 720p :cry: Other than that though go for a leaseweb if ya can :lol:

Fibre
08-04-2008, 08:38 AM
Take advantage of the 30-day Money Back Guarantee Special and get your money back at the end of the month.

Go rTorrent instead of uTorrent.

I respect people using native apps :D

Valoo
08-05-2008, 01:09 AM
I don't understand how you can use false name with Paypal ? Don't they allow payment only if your account is associated with a card with the same name ?

haydeno
08-05-2008, 03:18 AM
I don't understand how you can use false name with Paypal ? Don't they allow payment only if your account is associated with a card with the same name ?

if you are in us you can open virtual debit card(simon.com giftaccount for example) and make paypal account using virtual card(u specify name and address)

kooftspc11
08-05-2008, 06:32 AM

if you are in us you can open virtual debit card(simon.com giftaccount for example) and make paypal account using virtual card(u specify name and address)

you can buy prepaid debit cards in nearly any denomination anywhere in the u.s. now....just go to a 7-11 or any other store pretty much

haydeno
08-05-2008, 07:08 AM
simon is better imo b\c some gift cards(bought in store amex particularly) dont work online, come in preset denom and have high fee($6) simon u can select exact amt for how many price server is and fee $2

kooftspc11
08-05-2008, 07:59 AM
simon is better imo b\c some gift cards(bought in store amex particularly) dont work online, come in preset denom and have high fee($6) simon u can select exact amt for how many price server is and fee $2

yeah thats true. its always good to stick with visa or mastercard. the problem is that sometimes there is not a mall nearby or open for business when you decide that you need one of those cards. this is when a grocery store or walmart or something comes in handy but like you said its a preset denomination

Valoo
08-05-2008, 08:31 AM
Ok thx for the tips... Unfortunatly those kind of prepaid cards don't exist in my country :/